Jenna Basket(ballgametomorrow)Case Solomita (Part 5)

spaceunicorn
Learner
Learner

Re: Jenna Basket(ballgametomorrow)Case Solomita (Part 5)

Post by spaceunicorn »

WanderlustX3 wrote:Loved today's podcast, despite the unfortunate reasons Julien wasn't there. It was nice to see her by herself.

Did anyone else just assume that Julien did all of the editing for the podcast? I mean I know it doesn't require much, but it never even crossed my mind that it could have been Jenna editing it. I guess he still could have done it this week, but I doubt she'd expect/ask him to given what he's going through. Just a weird thought i had.
they definitely hire people to edit their podcast, I've listened to all of them and they've mentioned it multiple times,, like when Jenna had two huge holes in the back of her sweatpants so she had to sidestep into frame at the beginning so the editors wouldn't see it :D

I definitely feel very bad for Julien, was it just a childhood friend or also a friend now? I don't really recall him ever talking about him in recent years, but maybe he just wasn't ever on camera.

ancermet
Informer
Informer
Has thanked: 0

Post by ancermet »

Yeah, I think people feel for him putting themselves in his shoes, thinking about how terrible it would be to lose your best friend, its a hard thing to grasp. its like losing a sibling, heck for some people their best friends are their only family.

Hope that Jenna continues with quality content for this weeks video
english is my first language, im just lazy.

revenga
Gossiper
Gossiper
Been thanked: 0

Post by revenga »

Just out of curiosity, did Julien ever mentioned his friend Brandon before?

Nun4GretchenWieners
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Nun4GretchenWieners »

revenga wrote:Just out of curiosity, did Julien ever mentioned his friend Brandon before?
No, I don't think he has. I also went through his Instagram and he didn't have any pictures of them together from now until he started it. So I don't know if Brandon still lived in the LA area or had moved away. Im not trying to take away from Juliens loss. Losing a friend is painful. It's weird out of the 4 years he's vlogged and podcast, I don't remember him ever mentioning his best friend. I also wonder if Julien may have gotten consumed in Jenna, YouTube and the "fame" that he didn't see his friends outside the platform. I wish I could remember which vlog or podcast that he said "I'm not friends with people outside the YouTube platform because I wouldn't have anything to talk to them about".

nevertameyourdemons
Debater
Debater

Post by nevertameyourdemons »

Lilly_paddycake wrote:
revenga wrote:Just out of curiosity, did Julien ever mentioned his friend Brandon before?
No, I don't think he has. I also went through his Instagram and he didn't have any pictures of them together from now until he started it. So I don't know if Brandon still lived in the LA area or had moved away. Im not trying to take away from Juliens loss. Losing a friend is painful. It's weird out of the 4 years he's vlogged and podcast, I don't remember him ever mentioning his best friend. I also wonder if Julien may have gotten consumed in Jenna, YouTube and the "fame" that he didn't see his friends outside the platform. I wish I could remember which vlog or podcast that he said "I'm not friends with people outside the YouTube platform because I wouldn't have anything to talk to them about".
Jenna mentioned in vlogmas last year that julien’s real life best friend in the world was a guy named Chase who had no internet or social media presence and wouldn’t let Julien put him in the vlog, but he was still in their lives off camera.

From the pics he posted it seems like he was a guy he grew up with, and maybe wasn’t as close to anymore in their adult lives, which can still be just as devastating to lose.

Anise
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by Anise »

She seemed hesitant to do the podcast by herself she was like "who the fuck has a podcast on their own" I get that she loves Julien and feels like thats her everything but he isn't that funny, sometimes her by herself should be ok and he doesn't need to be everywhere. Also Jenna Chris D'elia has a podcast on his own and I think its the funniest podcast there is.

Lady_Si
Informer
Informer

Post by Lady_Si »

From my personal experience I think he’s taking this harder BECAUSE he didn’t maybe make any effort to see Brandon in a past years and now regretting it and wishes he would see him more
Long time lurker, but newly subsrcibed.
English is not my first language, so I´m sorry for any future mistakes in grammar :)

Nun4GretchenWieners
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

nevertameyourdemons wrote: maybe wasn’t as close to anymore in their adult lives, which can still be just as devastating to lose.
I don't think anyone is saying otherwise. The question was wether he had ever mentioned Brandon and I said I don't recall him ever doing so.
Lady_Si wrote:From my personal experience I think he’s taking this harder BECAUSE he didn’t maybe make any effort to see Brandon in a past years and now regretting it and wishes he would see him more
This what I was thinking too.

revenga
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by revenga »

The pics he posted were old, he didnt post any new picture with his friend. Sometimes I forget that Julien grew up in LA...but now that I think about it, isnt it kinda weird how little friends he seems to have? Maybe he really got consumed with youtube and Jenna.

mrsoscarwilde
Talker
Talker

Post by mrsoscarwilde »

As someone who lost a very close friend very young, I'm feeling a lot of pain for Julien right now. Poor guy.

On the topic of Brandon not appearing in his videos or being mentioned and stuff - it's possible he maybe moved away for college or some other reason and never moved back to LA so they haven't seen each other in a while. He also maybe just didn't want to be in vlogs/involved in the social media, in the same way that his friend Chase doesn't want to be. Not everyone wants to be well known on the internet and with Julien and Jenna's collective following, it's kind of inevitable that you would be if you were involved in their social media.

That said, I don't think it's our place to speculate on any of this. Julien will need time to heal and I think he's at least owed the respect to be able to do that in peace.

Nun4GretchenWieners
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

revenga wrote:The pics he posted were old, he didnt post any new picture with his friend. Sometimes I forget that Julien grew up in LA...but now that I think about it, isnt it kinda weird how little friends he seems to have? Maybe he really got consumed with youtube and Jenna.
Jenna has mentioned that most of her friends are married and/or have kids. As much as you want to stay friends with said people, it's easy to be excluded, especially if you don't have kids. I don't think parents mean to do it, but friends without kids get put on the back burner. I think that it seemed both she and Julien hung out with more people when they first got together and then those friends slowly fell by the wayside. He was friends with Jason, Josh and Arnold they all got married and stopped hanging out. Other than that I have to imagine it was by choice. Julien spoke about some of his nonyoutube friends, but very rarely. That's also why I thought it was weird that he never mentioned Brandon, who was his best friend. But then again I haven't and won't watch all of his videos.
Anyways I've lost people close to me and grieving is very private. But it's human nature to speculate, especially when a tweet is very vague. I get that his fans want to be supportive. If you search his name on Twitter there are a lot of really sweet well wishes. But some of the tweets went overboard and some made collages of Juliens face that are typically posted when that person dies. It made me uncomfortable.

ancermet
Informer
Informer

Post by ancermet »

Lilly_paddycake wrote:
revenga wrote:The pics he posted were old, he didnt post any new picture with his friend. Sometimes I forget that Julien grew up in LA...but now that I think about it, isnt it kinda weird how little friends he seems to have? Maybe he really got consumed with youtube and Jenna.
Jenna has mentioned that most of her friends are married and/or have kids. As much as you want to stay friends with said people, it's easy to be excluded, especially if you don't have kids. I don't think parents mean to do it, but friends without kids get put on the back burner. I think that it seemed both she and Julien hung out with more people when they first got together and then those friends slowly fell by the wayside. He was friends with Jason, Josh and Arnold they all got married and stopped hanging out. Other than that I have to imagine it was by choice. Julien spoke about some of his nonyoutube friends, but very rarely. That's also why I thought it was weird that he never mentioned Brandon, who was his best friend. But then again I haven't and won't watch all of his videos.
Anyways I've lost people close to me and grieving is very private. But it's human nature to speculate, especially when a tweet is very vague. I get that his fans want to be supportive. If you search his name on Twitter there are a lot of really sweet well wishes. But some of the tweets went overboard and some made collages of Juliens face that are typically posted when that person dies. It made me uncomfortable.

Young fans really dont know how deal with death, or they do in really inappropriate ways while oblivious to the cringe or adding salt to the wound.
english is my first language, im just lazy.

Nun4GretchenWieners
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

ancermet wrote:

Young fans really dont know how deal with death, or they do in really inappropriate ways while oblivious to the cringe or adding salt to the wound.
very true, I hope that after some time is passed, they can have a podcast about loss and how to process it. I think it would be benefical.

Nun4GretchenWieners
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Also does anyone have some name suggestions for part 6?

SuperSmashPeach
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by SuperSmashPeach »

Lilly_paddycake wrote:Also does anyone have some name suggestions for part 6?
Jenna Codependent Marbles

she proved she can still nail it alone but i doubt she keeps it up.

sisinikkole
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by sisinikkole »

I mean I feel bad for julien (I know loosing a best friend is hard) but I actually enjoyed Jenna's video without Julien.
"I feel like this year is really about like the year of just realizing stuff" ~Kylie Jenner :love2:

Lady_Si
Informer
Informer

Post by Lady_Si »

I really liked this weeks video, Ad is adorable:)
Long time lurker, but newly subsrcibed.
English is not my first language, so I´m sorry for any future mistakes in grammar :)

Purple Blood
Informer
Informer

Post by Purple Blood »

Lilly_paddycake wrote:Also does anyone have some name suggestions for part 6?
Jenna "Cermet Hermit" Marbles

I liked today's video,she was really chill for once...I think the problem with Julien's presence in all her other videos is that she's trying to make him laugh instead of focusing on her audience

revenga
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by revenga »

Lilly_paddycake wrote:
But Jenna I can understand because she is not from LA, she is from the other side of the country. But Julien is from LA! I never remember this because he seems to not have friends. But sure, people move out and most probably he doesnt show a lot of his friends.
I am not trying to take away from Julien's grief, I never doubted it for 1 second! But made me remember that he his from LA and seems to have no friends.

Post by Guest »

Her latest video w/ Ad is hella cute. I agree w/ Purple Blood about her being chill and not trying to entertain Julien.

I don’t even care if she is a hermit if she keeps up the good content because it’s obvious she is enjoying herself! If she is doing creative things that are keeping her occupied, that’s as good as it gets as a shut-in.

I feel like she is running on like 10% confidence and things have just deteriorated since the car accident. Who knows man, she might be out exercising and being active off-camera, but I think Julien would be vlogging any and all outdoor activities. It would be nice to see Julien dragging her ass to the gym or out for a walk with the dogs every now and again... but I guess it’s all about personal responsibility at the end of the day.

Return to “JennaMarbles”