TheFightingSolo / Julien Solomita

Re: TheFightingSolo / Julien Solomita

Post by Guest »

Balyssa123 wrote:
Mon Aug 12, 2019 9:06 pm
I just listened to their newest podcast aand really noticed how much of an asshole julien is. He kept getting annoyed about her talking and being silly. It definitely made me kind of think he is controlling. Another video where I really didn’t like him was an older video about Kermit’s birthday.
Everyone on her thread said the exact opposite and that him being annoyed was totally justified

Balyssa123
Lurker
Lurker
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by Balyssa123 »

applejuice wrote:
Mon Aug 12, 2019 11:00 pm
Balyssadelete23 wrote:
I just listened to their newest podcast aand really noticed how much of an asshole julien is. He kept getting annoyed about her talking and being silly. It definitely made me kind of think he is controlling. Another video where I really didn’t like him was an older video about Kermit’s birthday.
Everyone on her thread said the exact opposite and that him being annoyed was totally justified

That seems crazy to me 😖. I think he’s just an asshole.

Broodwich
Informer
Informer

Post by Broodwich »

I think she was being annoying. I think he's an asshole. Why not both? Lol

rudebintch
Debater
Debater

Post by rudebintch »

Balyssadelete23 wrote:
Tue Aug 13, 2019 2:30 pm
applejuice wrote:
Mon Aug 12, 2019 11:00 pm
Balyssadelete23 wrote:

That seems crazy to me 😖. I think he’s just an asshole.
He's literally talking about something he's passionate about and she interrupts him in the middle of it to say "I'm a virgo, I'm a virgo", and then he calls her out for interrupting him and she doesn't seem to care at all. How is he the asshole exactly?

meebee
Informer
Informer

Post by meebee »

The yellow splotches must have been bad lighting because he looks perfectly fine in Jenna’s new video, except for the atrocious mustache. And he’s still in a mood. So...hope he’s ok.

Post by Guest »

meebee wrote:
Thu Aug 15, 2019 12:21 pm
The yellow splotches must have been bad lighting because he looks perfectly fine in Jenna’s new video, except for the atrocious mustache. And he’s still in a mood. So...hope he’s ok.
I wouldn't be surprised if he was frustrated that he isnt really going anywhere. By that, I mean he is pretty dependent on Jenna's name and presence. The podcast and twitch they do together and bring in decent views. But his channel isnt doing so great and waffsicle/LMT failed. The only way he gets decent views is because he gets on the trending pages. Which is because of Jenna. I think he did himself a disservice by hitching all his horses to her wagon. He doesn't really have anything to fall back on his own. I think that his cooking channel could become semi successful if he took some classes, and polished his appearance ( the chipped nails and dirty hands is off putting). Unfortunately I find his overall personality and humor falls flat and makes the videos boring.

meebee
Informer
Informer

Post by meebee »

Cupids-dead wrote:
Thu Aug 15, 2019 8:16 pm
meebee wrote: The yellow splotches must have been bad lighting because he looks perfectly fine in Jenna’s new video, except for the atrocious mustache. And he’s still in a mood. So...hope he’s ok.
I wouldn't be surprised if he was frustrated that he isnt really going anywhere. By that, I mean he is pretty dependent on Jenna's name and presence. The podcast and twitch they do together and bring in decent views. But his channel isnt doing so great and waffsicle/LMT failed. The only way he gets decent views is because he gets on the trending pages. Which is because of Jenna. I think he did himself a disservice by hitching all his horses to her wagon. He doesn't really have anything to fall back on his own. I think that his cooking channel could become semi successful if he took some classes, and polished his appearance ( the chipped nails and dirty hands is off putting). Unfortunately I find his overall personality and humor falls flat and makes the videos boring.
I don’t know if that’s exactly what’s bothering him but I agree there does appear to be something stuck in his craw and Jenna doesn’t know what to do to help. I can see her being overly silly in an attempt to cheer him up and why she’s just taking it when he calls her annoying and such. Hopefully it’s just a little funk and he pulls himself out of it. He gets moody from time to time. He does also have dick-ish tendencies that are coming out right now.

Also, agree about his cooking videos. He’s trying to be a Binging With Babish (again with the no personal identity and having to model himself after others) but it doesn’t work. He’s an amateur so it would work better if he peppered it in among other vids on his channel as a fun side thing. But, being Julien, he’s gone all in and is trying to be a professional chef. I like the videos but it doesn’t work in the way he’s doing it. Potential new viewers aren’t going to get what he’s supposed to be.

bunny__
Informer
Informer

Post by bunny__ »

I jumped into their Minecraft stream last night and he was in the biggest sour mood I've seen. The stream started great too, tons of subscriptions and the chat was flooded and they had like 4k viewers (people real hype for Minecraft right now). Wasn't competitive, he just didn't know how to play. And he looked and sounded so damn frustrated because he didn't know how to play and kept dying even though he didn't lose progress. He also wasn't really asking for help. I also dipped after 30 minutes though because his energy was so tense. He wasn't snapping at anyone but he was just oddly quiet, mostly ignored chat and the people he was playing with. It was odd. Not sure if that's been a regular thing in streams or not since I don't watch often.

goldengossiper
Learner
Learner

Post by goldengossiper »

How does someone not know how to play Minecraft? It’s been put for what, a decade? I barely play it, but I still remember what’s what after long breaks, even with all the new shit added. Plus if he was playing with others he could have asked them. He seems so full of himself.

Mads07
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Mads07 »

Agreed with all of the above. He does seem to be in a permanent crabby mood. Sometimes it’s deserved but most of the time it’s just childish and unnecessary.

I definitely agree with the post about how his cooking series could be more successful if he polished himself up. He’s lucky enough to be in a position to afford high quality cameras and equipment which also means he can afford some cooking classes.

Even though I have no doubt that he loves the views and money his cooking videos bring in (who wouldn’t?), I still believe he is genuinely passionate about it and enjoys making them.

If he could try not to come across so grumpy and crabby in streams, podcasts, and regular videos, it would do him well. I sometimes wonder if he can even tell that he’s coming off that way? I struggle a bit with conveying myself properly in terms of tone and attitude. Just a thought!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Grockpot_Gorl
Talker
Talker

Post by Grockpot_Gorl »

goldengossiper wrote:
Sat Aug 17, 2019 6:00 am
How does someone not know how to play Minecraft? It’s been put for what, a decade? I barely play it, but I still remember what’s what after long breaks, even with all the new shit added. Plus if he was playing with others he could have asked them. He seems so full of himself.
I've never once played it and wouldn't have the slightest idea how to lol

Mosie926
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by Mosie926 »

goldengossiper wrote:
I've never played that game in my life and have never seen anyone play it. I always thought it was one of those children's games, since my co-workers kids(under 10) talked about it all the time.
If life is like a box of chocolates, why am I getting all the coconut ones :(.

bunny__
Informer
Informer

Post by bunny__ »

Mosie926 wrote:
Sat Aug 17, 2019 9:14 am
goldengossiper wrote:
I've never played that game in my life and have never seen anyone play it. I always thought it was one of those children's games, since my co-workers kids(under 10) talked about it all the time.
There's a reason kids loved it, it's incredibly easy to pick up. I had never seen someone struggle with it so much before. He was perplexed by how things would just enter his inventory after dropping it (it automatically picks it up). It just seemed like he had a sour mood before stream because that's the only reason I can think why something that simple and meaningless would bother him so much.

rudebintch
Debater
Debater

Post by rudebintch »

bunny__ wrote:
Fri Aug 16, 2019 11:05 pm
I jumped into their Minecraft stream last night and he was in the biggest sour mood I've seen. The stream started great too, tons of subscriptions and the chat was flooded and they had like 4k viewers (people real hype for Minecraft right now). Wasn't competitive, he just didn't know how to play. And he looked and sounded so damn frustrated because he didn't know how to play and kept dying even though he didn't lose progress. He also wasn't really asking for help. I also dipped after 30 minutes though because his energy was so tense. He wasn't snapping at anyone but he was just oddly quiet, mostly ignored chat and the people he was playing with. It was odd. Not sure if that's been a regular thing in streams or not since I don't watch often.
I rarely watch their streams or video game content, but I did watch a few of their Life Is Strange VODs because I love those games and I was really curious to see how J&J would react to them, because I think it's really not their style of game at all (if you're not familiar, they're very story and decision making driven games with almost no 'action', almost like an interactive movie). He did the same thing there. When he didn't understand how to do something, or when there was nothing particularly exciting happening, he got frustrated so quickly...
I guess a lot of young straight guys his age are this way about video games but like... yikes, calm down. He should probably stick to PUBG and whatever else he plays normally.

HippoFriend
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by HippoFriend »

"I've never made my own broth before"

And you still didn't, because you mixed premade broth with hot water.

Post by Guest »

HippoFriend wrote:
Sat Aug 17, 2019 11:04 am
"I've never made my own broth before"

And you still didn't, because you mixed premade broth with hot water.
:rofl: oh my gosh your comment made me straight up cackle!

goldengossiper
Learner
Learner

Post by goldengossiper »

I suppose I should’ve said that Julien, as some who parades himself around as a PRoFesSioNaL StREaMEr/PrO GaMeR, should at least know the fundamental basics of a widely known game like Minecraft.

I don’t blame normal people here for not knowing, as it isn’t your job to know or care.

Side note, I hate this fucking cooking shtick he’s on right now. It comes across as fake, IMO.

Post by Guest »

goldengossiper wrote:
Sat Aug 17, 2019 1:41 pm
I suppose I should’ve said that Julien, as some who parades himself around as a PRoFesSioNaL StREaMEr/PrO GaMeR, should at least know the fundamental basics of a widely known game like Minecraft.

I don’t blame normal people here for not knowing, as it isn’t your job to know or care.

Side note, I hate this fucking cooking shtick he’s on right now. It comes across as fake, IMO.
Julien lacks the fundamental basics of everything he has put out online. The only thing he seemed to start from the bottom and move up in is his martial arts. I mean this in the nicest way possible. But his online presence was handed to him. He skipped over the fundamentals of growing a channel from the bottom, he started a traveling show with no direction, and made a "cooking show" without even knowing how to chop and season basic foods. He just takes uses other people recipes. People that have better videos than him and deserve to be on the trending page. Yet he is constantly praised and thinks hes doing wonderful. He gets frustrated a lot because he lacks intellect and experience. That isnt to be mean either. He tries too hard, his ego gets in the way and then he gets mad.

HippoFriend
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by HippoFriend »

I always wonder why he bothers to give instructions. Are people really going to spend that much money on meat replacements (that freaking lobster shrooms must have cost sooo much) instead of looking up a recipe for a vegan noodle salad? The stick of him cooking vegan and gluten free fast food was fun in the beginning but now I'm just wondering why they never eat greens? They used to be fitness freaks. It's just cheese, fat, meat replacement and bread. Make a salad for once.

Broodwich
Informer
Informer

Post by Broodwich »

Uh oh. Ryland Adams threw a dart at a map and then traveled there. The boys must be stewing from being robbed of their oRigiNal ideas.

Return to “JennaMarbles”