JennaMarbles Part 2

smarlo
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Re: JennaMarbles Part 2

Post by smarlo »

As a 50 year old, I have the gift of hindsight.
That Girl!

EveryJuan
Informer
Informer
Has thanked: 0

Post by EveryJuan »

Yeah, he is still young in comparison to Jenna, not to mention as a general stereotype, males mature a bit slower than females do. I've mentioned this before, but its often in those times in podcasts or videos when they argue, that their age difference shows. I also find Julien to be extremely vain - I think this for the majority of frequent vloggers, not just him. Humble people don't walk around with a camera in their hand every day filming their lives to post on the internet for everyone to see. I still remember the one video of them peeing together that got pulled. haha.

harvestmoongoddess
Gossiper
Gossiper
Been thanked: 0

Post by harvestmoongoddess »

EveryJuan wrote:Yeah, he is still young in comparison to Jenna, not to mention as a general stereotype, males mature a bit slower than females do. I've mentioned this before, but its often in those times in podcasts or videos when they argue, that their age difference shows. I also find Julien to be extremely vain - I think this for the majority of frequent vloggers, not just him. Humble people don't walk around with a camera in their hand every day filming their lives to post on the internet for everyone to see. I still remember the one video of them peeing together that got pulled. haha.
thank u for reminding me. i remeber watching that like :o

Sent from my SM-G360T1 using Tapatalk

meowlizzz
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by meowlizzz »

harvestmoongoddess wrote:
EveryJuan wrote:Yeah, he is still young in comparison to Jenna, not to mention as a general stereotype, males mature a bit slower than females do. I've mentioned this before, but its often in those times in podcasts or videos when they argue, that their age difference shows. I also find Julien to be extremely vain - I think this for the majority of frequent vloggers, not just him. Humble people don't walk around with a camera in their hand every day filming their lives to post on the internet for everyone to see. I still remember the one video of them peeing together that got pulled. haha.
thank u for reminding me. i remeber watching that like :o
I never saw that. I just remember people talking about it.

Sent from my SM-G360T1 using Tapatalk[/quote]

Unicorns
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Unicorns »

I'm not going to lie, sometimes I can see how Jenna can get annoying. BUT that's just who she is as a person; doesn't take life too seriously and enjoys it as it is. She's very aware of who she is as a person, and I feel that it gives her a strong character (?). Which is why I really admire her as a person. She's unapologetically herself.

But personally I wouldn't be able to date her cause our personalities wouldn't be compatible.

Which brings me to wonder how her and julien are dating. They don't seem very compatible since julien seems to get sick of her shit quickly, but expects her full attention on him ALL the time. Jenna is very supportive and acts engaged of everything Julien says (even if it's stupid), but Julien basically acts like what she says/does sometimes is stupid.

I don't know if I'm making sense... I just think there's someone out there who she's more compatible with.

MissyEvans13
Wallflower
Wallflower

Post by MissyEvans13 »

I love Jenna :love2:

Oxford
Debater
Debater

Post by Oxford »

I used to love Jenna back when she was in her old house, with her blonde hair and her Spiderman cut out. I loved her rants and her 'thoughts on being yourself' video had a really positive impact on my life at the time. I eagerly awaited her videos every week.

But now I'll only watch her videos when I've got nothing else to watch/ I'm extremely bored/I remember I haven't watched her videos in weeks. I find her humour is actually cringe worthy these days. Her humour is so 'random' these days and reminds me of the weird emo kids in year 9 who would say 'cucumber' in a weird voice and they'd think it was hilarious (was that just at my school?). When she speaks in third person I feel embarrassed (hi Jenna thanks Jenna k bye Jenna).

It pisses me off she asks for ideas on what to post on a Wednesday (often it's Thursday for me here in Australia so I assume it's late Wednesday for California). She has a whole week to think of ideas and plan and organise and film and edit, all she has to do is UPLOAD on Wednesday. She clearly isn't enthusiastic about YouTube anymore, if she was she wouldn't leave it to the last minute.

For someone who is in her late 20s she sure does act like a teenager sometimes. It might be time to grow up, but I guess for as long as she's entertaining her teenage demographic she's gotta stay teen relatable.

I dunno at what point she's gonna pull the plug on YouTube.

palerobot

Post by palerobot »

^^ I so agree.

I've been really disappointed in her content lately. Some of it I really enjoy, like Jenna's Ratchet Fashion Boutique, but it's increasingly just lazy clickbait bullshit content. It would almost be excusable if she ever made multiple videos a week like some do. Her whole shoot, edit, and upload all in one day thing seems more and more like a crutch so she doesn't have to make anything actually creative or challenging. Her excuse can always be "well I shot and edited this all in one day!" It's a tired gimmick and at the point just seems like laziness. It's interesting how she can at least attempt Vlogmas and still put out content but the rest of the year it's the same old video midday on Thursday. :?

harvestmoongoddess
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by harvestmoongoddess »

shes told half of those stories before...the gerbil one and the cat haircut one

Jita311
Learner
Learner

Post by Jita311 »

I think that Jenna Marbles it the best on youtube right now...actually has been for ages, she is very relatable and it doesnt seem like the money that comes with this job changed her at all (unlike some other ones ). Also has anyone noticed how good Julien looks these days ?

P.S : I cant believe someone here said that they think its an abusive relationship. Like are you actually for real ? He clearly adores her and they look pretty happy to me ?

meowlizzz
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by meowlizzz »

Oxford wrote:For someone who is in her late 20s she sure does act like a teenager sometimes. It might be time to grow up
I really do like Jenna as a person, but as a creator...eh. It's hit or miss. I'm still following her on snapchat, but every time I watch her stories, my finger itches to hit that delete button. Her humor is so stupid sometimes. She's like a toddler having a giggle fit over a silly joke for a little too long. What happened to her?

Mosie926
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by Mosie926 »

Jenna, alas has to make videos for the current YouTube fan base. While we(hopefully the non-teens) feel in love with Jenna 'back in the day', want her to mature with us: she can't if she wants to make money. YouTube is currently ruled by teens and preteens, if you want to make money you have to cater to them. That said, her subscriber to view count is waaaaaaayyyyyyy off.
If life is like a box of chocolates, why am I getting all the coconut ones :(.

dollhouse
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by dollhouse »

Jita311 wrote:I think that Jenna Marbles it the best on youtube right now...actually has been for ages, she is very relatable and it doesnt seem like the money that comes with this job changed her at all (unlike some other ones ). Also has anyone noticed how good Julien looks these days ?
Julien lost like 100 pounds (maybe a slight exaggeration ...) .. Anyway I still find his personality so annoying ... I used to really not like him but I felt guilty like I was being shallow ... but no... its the personality ...

PS I agree about money not changing jenna ... I feel like she's boring now that she isn't like ... cool ... anymore

djeeeeezy
Lurker
Lurker

Post by djeeeeezy »

I can't believe Jenna did a podcast with Freelee. Her instagram comments are PISSED. Sometimes I think Jenna is just determined to have the unpopular opinion. That or she doesn't actually know the stuff Freelee does. It totally
goes against Jenna's NO HATE philosophy.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

Oxford
Debater
Debater

Post by Oxford »

Freelee did a couple of videos about Jenna's weight gain a couple of years or so ago, and it had an overwhelming amount of dislikes. She spoke about how Jenna used to be vegan in her gogo dancing days and she was very lean, and since going back to eating meat, dairy etc. She had put on more weight. Freelee more recently did an 'updAte' sort of thing, where she revealed Jenna had responded to her, thanking her for her honesty and admitting she did fall off the vegan wagon and wanted to get back on. She goes on to say she appreciates Freelee's passion and literally says 'I love you'. So basically Jenna is a big fan (and she's also been full time vegan again for about 6 months)

caitliz92
Talker
Talker

Post by caitliz92 »

i don't know why she thought it was a good idea to do a podcast with freelee. she's so widely hated for being such a bully that it just seems like a bad idea to associate with her at this point. i know a bunch of people that unsubscribed to joey graceffa after he collabed with her recently lmao. but yeah, i rolled my eyes so hard when i saw jenna's instagram post with her.

Crylaugh
Informer
Informer

Post by Crylaugh »

What the hell? I don't know why Jenna gushes over Freelee. How can anyone think she's being reasonable in her videos when she just attacks people?

smarlo
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by smarlo »

I wonder if she'll point out that Jenna is no longer lean?
That Girl!

lippies79
Talker
Talker

Post by lippies79 »

I can't believe she's involving herself with that hateful, mean-hearted bully. I have no problem with veganism but harrassing and publically shaming people who share a different (and societally "normal") way of eating from you is not going to win anyone over to your side. That's not how you change things. I'm really sad that Jenna, who seems like such a kind-hearted person, would align herself with this asshole.

palerobot

Post by palerobot »

I'm shocked and disappointed that she would work with that asshole. I can't believe that any YTers would go near freelee with a ten foot pole given her reputation.

Return to “JennaMarbles”