JennaMarbles Part 2

smars27
True Gossiper
True Gossiper
Has thanked: 0

Re: JennaMarbles Part 2

Post by smars27 »

Freelee Collab: Honestly I was disappointed in Jenna for it but I almost feel sorry for her about almost because she didn’t ride the gravy train when she was supposed to. If she would have sold out in the peak of her popularity it wouldn’t matter that she’s floundering so bad now. I mean subscribers and views are 2 very different things and she’s obviously hit a wall in “being funny/entertaining as her content is very regurgitated, with just some minor changes.

She’s gotten so bland and boring lately and it’s just a fact of life that ppl will move on and look for different or fresher stuff. But It was her choice however to not ride the gravy train which is why I can only think of two reasons why she would be motivated to allow the Banana B near her when she still had a damn near perfect reputation compared to some other “controversial figures on yt”

1. She’s desperate for views and she knows controversy will get her that.
2. Her backbone problem (or lack of it) where she won’t say no to anybody- I mean I don’t think it’s a good thing but I can’t be too judgmental bcthere are people I also have trouble saying no to too, they’re just not strangers tho. :/

I feel like a lot of the OG youtubers are all hitting a wall which is why most of them are so….IDK…

I don’t feel like Julien is a bad guy but some guys do have tempers (which is not a good thing) but the fact of the matter is you can’t let them mistreat or be rude to you because of it. Offtopic: Most guys I’ve dated after a while know not to pull that sh*t with me cuz I don’t put up with it.

Jenna spoils her dogs, her bf, etc, and I don’t think it’s good for her in the long run. We’ll see how it goes for her, I guess if any of us do keep up with her. There’s no E: true story for youtubers anyway.

meowlizzz
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper
Been thanked: 0

Post by meowlizzz »

Honestly she's so freaking immature now. I'd lose patience too. I finally deleted her from snapchat. But Julien has NO patience either. (And resting bitch face lol.)

Oxford
Debater
Debater

Post by Oxford »

So agree on the immaturity. When they were saying bye to Freelee at the end of Julien's vlog, he was filming Freelee who was filming with Jenna, and Jenna was so childish and immature, I was literally embarrassed watching it (minute 6:10 in the vlog), the part when she's like 'and fruit and root and fruit and root' it was so cringey

Crylaugh
Informer
Informer

Post by Crylaugh »

Yeah i don't know why she does the baby voice thing, she's like 30.
And i totally agree on the immaturity, i was watching their latest podcast (the one with her mum) and i wanted to slap her phone off her hands. She just doesn't know when to stop. Like yeah it was funny the first few times but she just kept doing it over and over.

uxxio

Post by uxxio »

Crylaugh wrote:Yeah i don't know why she does the baby voice thing, she's like 30.
And i totally agree on the immaturity, i was watching their latest podcast (the one with her mum) and i wanted to slap her phone off her hands. She just doesn't know when to stop. Like yeah it was funny the first few times but she just kept doing it over and over.
she seems like she would be so abrasive and annoying irl, like one of those people that take a joke way too far and keep repeating it over and over if you don't laugh and in your head you're just like stop...please...it's not funny anymore... so much second hand embarrassment from her vids lately

honestly it's probably why her and Julian are still working out despite him being a little whiny manchild- he's immature as hell but likes to act like he's wise, and she's grown but acts like an idiot cause she thinks it's funny. so their maturity levels meet somewhere in the middle of that hot mess.

ancermet
Informer
Informer

Post by ancermet »

Down vote the shit out of this shit
english is my first language, im just lazy.

Taffer
Lurker
Lurker

Post by Taffer »

uxxio wrote:
Crylaugh wrote:Yeah i don't know why she does the baby voice thing, she's like 30.
she seems like she would be so abrasive and annoying irl, like one of those people that take a joke way too far and keep repeating it over and over if you don't laugh and in your head you're just like stop...please...it's not funny anymore... so much second hand embarrassment from her vids lately

honestly it's probably why her and Julian are still working out despite him being a little whiny manchild- he's immature as hell but likes to act like he's wise, and she's grown but acts like an idiot cause she thinks it's funny. so their maturity levels meet somewhere in the middle of that hot mess.

Well that is part of her online persona. She's always been a sort of zany goofball regardless of her age. Also, regardless of what people online might think, we probably don't know even know at least half of what goes on in their personal life. Sure Julien vlogs every other day, but the footage is ten minutes long on average and only shows snippets of their daily life. Obviously the narrative is that Julien is a douchebag which I'm not seeing. There are 24 hours a day and 7 days a week. The person he his during the moments off the camera (which is the majority of the time) is what matters. Never pretend to know 'what a person is like' based on 5-10 minute vlog or even an hour long podcast on the internet.

some1hing
Learner
Learner

Post by some1hing »

Whoa wish somebody would ask them in the comments would they let Donald Trump be their guest on the podcast

meowlizzz
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by meowlizzz »

Taffer wrote:Well that is part of her online persona. She's always been a sort of zany goofball regardless of her age.
I don't "pretend to know what a person is like" at all. I'm just critiquing Jenna for the immaturity she displays. Have you seen the podcast where she shared a "remix" of sounds and laughed about it OVER AND OVER? She continued to play it, much to Julien's annoyance, throughout the podcast like a 12 year old troll. It definitely wasn't funny after the first dozen or so times. You say it's her online persona, but she seemed pretty genuine to me. She's not pretending to troll. She is one. I think she's a sweetheart, but I also think she's childish. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

macaroon
Learner
Learner

Post by macaroon »

The podcast was... interesting.

"I think it's important that everyone does have a voice. Including yours, including mine, including Freelee's. I here you and we are listening to you".
But there you go guys, the one and only vegan activist in the Universe [known within the Youtube only, but still] who's done so much more for the animals than PETA in 36 years.
These fat celebrities though.
By the way, this Freelee's diet plan works so well for me guys, I mean I'm still wearing a baggy t-shirt in this podcast because... metabolic damage. I need to stay chubby for another 5 years or so, until this awesome diet kicks in. Those 900 kcal datorades though.
So where was I? Oh yeah, we hear your voice. And don't expect us to talk about Tana Mongeau -- we left that part out "because everyone loves Tana", I mean, you guys don't need to hear us trashing her.
Also, don't expect me to challenge Freelee in anyway, because... fangirl.
But you guys, "you're entitled to your feelings. Everyone deserves to have a voice".

OK Jenna, I get it. Bye.
I'm finding it hard to care about anything these days. In fact, the only thing I do care about is the fact that I can't care about anything. Seriously, it worries me.

meowlizzz
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by meowlizzz »

Yeah, I'm glad she took the first fourteen or so minutes to respond to the comments they were getting. (For once Jenna as being serious and mature!) At least they're not sticking their fingers in their ears. They were listening. Once the podcast actually started, it was kind of boring. I think they could have done a much better discussion and interview with her. They could have challenged her, even in a non-aggressive way, to make the podcast interesting and thoughtful.

smarlo
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by smarlo »

macaroon wrote:The podcast was... interesting.

"I think it's important that everyone does have a voice. Including yours, including mine, including Freelee's. I here you and we are listening to you".
But there you go guys, the one and only vegan activist in the Universe [known within the Youtube only, but still] who's done so much more for the animals than PETA in 36 years.
These fat celebrities though.
By the way, this Freelee's diet plan works so well for me guys, I mean I'm still wearing a baggy t-shirt in this podcast because... metabolic damage. I need to stay chubby for another 5 years or so, until this awesome diet kicks in. Those 900 kcal datorades though.
So where was I? Oh yeah, we hear your voice. And don't expect us to talk about Tana Mongeau -- we left that part out "because everyone loves Tana", I mean, you guys don't need to hear us trashing her.
Also, don't expect me to challenge Freelee in anyway, because... fangirl.
But you guys, "you're entitled to your feelings. Everyone deserves to have a voice".

OK Jenna, I get it. Bye.

she said she's still chubby because she's got metabolic damage? I think it's more, I drink Starbucks and play video games all day, but that's just my two cents.
That Girl!

snowdrop24
Wallflower
Wallflower

Post by snowdrop24 »

I'm glad they put the disclaimer before the podcast, but I think they are contradicting themselves quite a bit. Julien said that just because they welcomed someone into their home doesn't mean they "align with things that they've done," but their tweets and instagram posts right after they recorded speak otherwise. In my opinion, pictures of them smiling and looking happy and chummy speak louder than all of the roll back they tried to do in this podcast opening. Also why cut if they just wanted to have a conversation? Clearly she said some things that were controversial. Are they trying to portray her in a more positive light? Did she say things that perhaps their sponsors would not have have liked? Very fishy.

Also Julien looked so pouty through the whole thing. I think Jenna had a very mature response but I still think Julien took the feedback in a very immature way and I didn't see him apologizing. I took this as Jenna covering for him. Lame.

macaroon
Learner
Learner

Post by macaroon »

smarlo wrote: she said she's still chubby because she's got metabolic damage? I think it's more, I drink Starbucks and play video games all day, but that's just my two cents.
Um no, Jenna didn't say that :D, but she didn't need to, cause according to Freelee and Durianrider, you can eat 2500+ kcal a day on this diet, do minimal exercise and stay slim like Freelee, unless you're sneaking in cheeseburgers or you have metabolic damage.
I'm finding it hard to care about anything these days. In fact, the only thing I do care about is the fact that I can't care about anything. Seriously, it worries me.

smarlo
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by smarlo »

macaroon wrote:
smarlo wrote: she said she's still chubby because she's got metabolic damage? I think it's more, I drink Starbucks and play video games all day, but that's just my two cents.
Um no, Jenna didn't say that :D, but she didn't need to, cause according to Freelee and Durianrider, you can eat 2500+ kcal a day on this diet, do minimal exercise and stay slim like Freelee, unless you're sneaking in cheeseburgers or you have metabolic damage.

oh, I see. I haven't watched the podcast and I won't so this is the only info I have. thanks!
That Girl!

herpderpin
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by herpderpin »

Maybe Jenna and ijustine are taking lessons from each other on how to be 5-year-olds in 30-year-old bodies.

macaroon
Learner
Learner

Post by macaroon »

^ Probably, and Grace Helbig acts no better. The struggle of catering for young teens when you're 30 is damn real. But I'm not sure if this is just an act... Jenna's snaps somehow suggest that this is her true self. Maybe she thinks acting like an idiot makes her look cute or something.

Anyway, I was a big fan of hers up until recently. I especially enjoyed her 29 life lessons and thoughts on avocados. I wish she made more grown-up content like this.

Crylaugh
Informer
Informer

Post by Crylaugh »

snowdrop24 wrote:Also Julien looked so pouty through the whole thing. I think Jenna had a very mature response but I still think Julien took the feedback in a very immature way and I didn't see him apologizing. I took this as Jenna covering for him. Lame.
Yeah, he looked pissed the whole time, and Jenna spoke for a good 90% of the intro (lbr it's more than that if we don't count the sponsors bit). Jenna said that they'll always listen to what their viewers have to say, I guess she didn't hear Julien saying that he won't even read the comments under the vlog with Freelee.

She also said that everyone should feel ok sitting in a room with someone who has a different opinion and listen to them; sure, I don't have a problem with that, I do have a problem if said person decides to bully and shame people because of their personal choices.

One of my favourite parts was Freelee saying "man people really say shit like that?" when she was talking about the ~hate~ they get. Fucking rich coming from her.
And also saying that Cassey Ho/Blogilates' recommendations are affecting people and young girls. What about your videos where you shame people who don't follow a vegan lifestyle? I guess young girls won't be affected by those.

Taffer
Lurker
Lurker

Post by Taffer »

Look regardless how you guys feel about Freelee's methods, she obviously had a positive effect on Jenna. I think Jenna should be free to make her own decisions regarding who she has on the podcast. Also, regarding the part where she doesn't act her age and caters to teenage audience, hasn't her audience always been teenage girls and she's always been a zany goofball regardless of her age. What exacty is the ideal version of Jenna that you guys want?

meowlizzz
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by meowlizzz »

Crylaugh wrote:
snowdrop24 wrote:Also Julien looked so pouty through the whole thing. I think Jenna had a very mature response but I still think Julien took the feedback in a very immature way and I didn't see him apologizing. I took this as Jenna covering for him. Lame.
Yeah, he looked pissed the whole time,
I'm telling you, he has resting bitch face. Or resting killer face. Sometimes when he stares off into the distance he looks like he's about to snap and break the table or something lol

Return to “JennaMarbles”