MakeupGeekTV Part 2

Moe77
Informer
Informer
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: MakeupGeekTV Part 2

Post by Moe77 »

In her vlog when she went to Michigan she shows some of the other products they are "working" on aka ordering from some mass production company. I think there was maybe a primer? Anyway, if she was serious she'd be investing back into her company and making it grow. I'd be afraid to work for her. I don't think that's job security AT ALL. Unless she's making enough off of Youtube to supplement her makeup line?

Edited to say that when I seen her pan the room at her headquarters in Michigan showing her mom there hard at work all i could think of was that scene in Happy Gilmore with his grandma in the nursing home and they were quilting. "Oh your fingers hurt!!! Guess what you just pulled yard duty!" Or something to that effect. LOL>

MissDelusional
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by MissDelusional »

Moe77 wrote:In her vlog when she went to Michigan she shows some of the other products they are "working" on aka ordering from some mass production company. I think there was maybe a primer? Anyway, if she was serious she'd be investing back into her company and making it grow. I'd be afraid to work for her. I don't think that's job security AT ALL. Unless she's making enough off of Youtube to supplement her makeup line?

Edited to say that when I seen her pan the room at her headquarters in Michigan showing her mom there hard at work all i could think of was that scene in Happy Gilmore with his grandma in the nursing home and they were quilting. "Oh your fingers hurt!!! Guess what you just pulled yard duty!" Or something to that effect. LOL>
Exactly. You reinvest profits back in to the business BEFORE either drawing a paycheck or even hiring help. There has to be solvency first. I've browsed her store online, and I see her eyeshadows ( limited selection) then a number of other products from NYX and Palladio, maybe others. If I had my own line I sure as heck wouldn't be peddling what someone can just purchase at an Ulta. Her online store front looks very basic; nothing draws me in to buy ( and I love me some makeup.) I see the same type of stuff Coastal Scents sells, honestly. It makes me wonder if she just slaps her name on them from a wholesaler as you alluded to. Another thing- people like something they can sample first, try before buying. So knowing that I'd be trying to eke out a presence in a brick and mortar store as well.
Venti, vidi, grande. :coffee:

Fat Shark
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by Fat Shark »

If I was her I would be constantly churning out tutorials using only MUG products. I don't buy her protestations about how busy she is. She has time to play on IG and get in comment wars.

Sorry but I think her blushes are ugly. When I watched Vintage or Tacky's review of the blushes I was kind of puzzled because Cora was raving about them but they all looked like a chalky mess to me. The one color I thought looked OK based blog swatches was Honeymoon, but going off Cora's swatch it is a tacky,chunky glitter fest. Maybe if Marlena did some videos using the blushes they would come off better than they do in heavy handed swatches.
Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.

bellavia
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by bellavia »

Has this ever been discussed? This is a video from WellTaylered, who mentions Marlena selling her some faulty Z palettes. Quite interesting, and I like how maturely and diplomatically she spells it out. lol.

FF to minute 17:00

Apologies if this has already been discussed months ago, but with Marlena's website being analyzed as well as her products it made me remember this. :|

Pyramid11
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Pyramid11 »

Go look at her latest IG!

Altered much? WOW

poulet
Mini Modz
Mini Modz

Post by poulet »

imnotfatimbigboned
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by imnotfatimbigboned »

Took off like 10 sizes. WOW.

gossip_girl
Informer
Informer

Post by gossip_girl »

I'm sort of concerned about Mar. She can't be in such denial about her life? Her health, her weight gain, her plastic surgery and opening up a store? I know NYX and elf have flagship stores but they have umpteen times the amount of products and they have been around for some time. Marlena has the innate ability to block out anything she doesn't want to hear. Gaining weight back after what she's put her body through is not good for her heart; however, she is in denial that she's getting bigger. This isn't me slighting her weight, I've nothing against heavy people, but it's not just her weight, her thought process. She reminds me of Janice Dickinson and maybe when she lost her father she sought solace in something else. I mean it makes me sound like a git, but she's not even good at applying makeup and she is like a person with body dysmorphic disorder as she doesn't see the obvious. Not to mention, she doesn't seem to have friends. That makes a huge difference. Having girlfriends to talk to, or meet for lunch, heck even to vent to is better than replacing one man for another, losing friends (Lauren), losing her father, flying cross country and then taking vacations. It seems like she needs an intervention. It's sad to watch. She's going to be the size she started at and no one will be able to tell her different. Her body is giving her clues but she patches them up by getting fillers instead of checking that her face is sullen due to weight loss as she's not losing it anymore.

Pyramid11
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Pyramid11 »

If I had a Twitter account (I can't remember email I used to login) - I'd tweet those pics side by side to her. And I would #makeupgeek #phamexpo

Pyramid11
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Pyramid11 »

And her toe nails - in her new fashion blog - look like claws.

Get a pedicure Marlena and take care of those cuticles on your toes.

MantisShrimp
Informer
Informer

Post by MantisShrimp »

Sure Marlena. You totally haven't done anything to your face.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sierradanielle27
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Sierradanielle27 »

MantisShrimp wrote:Sure Marlena. You totally haven't done anything to your face.
She's starting to look like Lil Kim lol

Lovetorun
Talker
Talker

Post by Lovetorun »

Pyramid11 wrote:
If I had a Twitter account (I can't remember email I used to login) - I'd tweet those pics side by side to her. And I would #makeupgeek #phamexpo
Done! @r_f_dad: @MakeupGeek Both pics taken same day; You've got mad photoshop skills! #makeupgeek #phamexpo
Shared via TweetCaster

I dared my husband and he did it.

Pyramid11
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Pyramid11 »

Lovetorun wrote:
Pyramid11 wrote:
Done! @r_f_dad: @MakeupGeek Both pics taken same day; You've got mad photoshop skills! #makeupgeek #phamexpo
Shared via TweetCaster

I dared my husband and he did it.
Good job!

He'll be blocked now - lol

It's worth it though!!

Pyramid11
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Pyramid11 »

You know she's going to say "it was the angle and lighting".

Bullshit, Marlena!

Lovetorun
Talker
Talker

Post by Lovetorun »

Thanks! He could not care less about being blocked! He is the techie in the house and tweets, I don't. Anyway the one things about my husband is he HATES liars and deals with them on a daily basis as a litigator. This link is better since it shows the two side by side pics. <blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p><a href="https://twitter.com/MakeupGeek">@MakeupGeek</a> Both pics taken same day; You've got mad photoshop skills! <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/makeupgeek? ... eupgeek</a> <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/phamexpo?sr ... hamexpo</a> <a href="http://t.co/2re2wqpzjb">pic.twitter.com ... </p>&mdash; Michael Lykken (@r_f_dad) <a href=" 3, 2014</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Lovetorun
Talker
Talker

Post by Lovetorun »

Lol, Thanks! Don't think hubby cares too much about being blocked. The one thing about my husband is he HATES deceptive people. He deals with them on a daily basis (he is a Litigator) so when he can call someone out on it he will. Here is a better link with both pics side by side. http://t.co/2re2wqpzjb

Pyramid11
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Pyramid11 »

It's amazing how she photoshops to the extent that she does.

Lovetorun
Talker
Talker

Post by Lovetorun »

Someone replied "Really?" at 5am, so it is up! It was responded too. She can't delete someone else's tweet unless she reports it and Twitter deletes it for her.

bellavia
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by bellavia »

I think the photo with Desi is even more photoshopped! Look at the part near Marlena's waist on the left side. very wonky.

Return to “MakeupGeekTV”