MakeupGeekTV Part 2

tardis88
Learner
Learner
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: MakeupGeekTV Part 2

Post by tardis88 »

I'm new to Marlene but did she have lapband surgery? In one of her recent videos she said she lost weight without surgery.
Does she think she's Kim Kardashian or something?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

ZapGorgeous
Learner
Learner

Post by ZapGorgeous »

Surprise surprise, half of the new blushes are sold out. I don't get it. I'm interested in her products, but I've never purchased anything because anytime I go to, the colours I have been interested in are sold out, so I find something elsewhere.

LucyNyuu
Talker
Talker

Post by LucyNyuu »

^^^ That's what's always confused me about her line. It's like they order the minimum amount of everything, send half of them to bloggers, run out in just a few days, and then refuse to order any more for about 4 months.

ZapGorgeous
Learner
Learner

Post by ZapGorgeous »

LucyNyuu wrote:^^^ That's what's always confused me about her line. It's like they order the minimum amount of everything, send half of them to bloggers, run out in just a few days, and then refuse to order any more for about 4 months.
I'm not an expert, but wouldn't she make more money if she properly stocked her product to meet demand? :roll:

VeronicaSawyer

Post by VeronicaSawyer »

tardis88 wrote:I'm new to Marlene but did she have lapband surgery? In one of her recent videos she said she lost weight without surgery.
Does she think she's Kim Kardashian or something?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
She claims not to have had surgery but most of us agree that she is lying

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LucyNyuu
Talker
Talker

Post by LucyNyuu »

ZapGorgeous wrote:I'm not an expert, but wouldn't she make more money if she properly stocked her product to meet demand? :roll:
You'd think so, wouldn't you? It's almost like it's common goddamn sense to have supply meet demand--you know, like the most basic tenet of economics?

clairebear
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by clairebear »

I think she's just cheaping out on her products and ordering the minimum in order not to spend money or have any loss. I doubt her company has such high demand that she's running out with a large stock. I doubt she has much to do with it though. Her day seems to consist of primping for photoshop photos all day or sitting in an office telling her assistants to do the work, she doesn't seem to run a business.

SCR0623
Informer
Informer

Post by SCR0623 »

id rather buy 2 nyx blushes than her 1 blush.

EveryJuan
Informer
Informer

Post by EveryJuan »

Girl posted sushi with the tag #cleaneats. It was made with white rice. I would think with Marlena being so "healthy" she would know that white rice is far from "clean", and I use that term loosely.

razzledazzle
Informer
Informer

Post by razzledazzle »

Yes, I thought the same thing about the rice from her dinner.

What I don't understand about her is she claims to be very stressed and busy (who isn't) but then why does she do photo shoots on vacation? Why does she post IG pics? Wouldn't it make sense to just truly take a break? Really let go. Leave most of her makeup and hair behind at home, and just kick back in Lake Tahoe? I think she puts a lot of unnecessary pressure on herself and ends up spinning in circles.

Also, yeah--- why is she always sold out?? This is what makes no sense to me. Why wouldn't she have a bigger stock? Do you think it is to appear "successful" like she can't keep things from flying off the shelves? To create some sort of fake popular image? To again copy Mac, how they quickly sell out of their LE items?

I have said it and countless others have, too, but she would feel so much better and others would like her more if she were just honest with everyone. She talks about her weight loss constantly, so it is fair game, but why bumble and stumble around the obvious gains? If she is going to talk about it anyway, just be honest! I would love for her to talk about the heartache of gaining and I think others would, too.

razzledazzle
Informer
Informer

Post by razzledazzle »

I wonder if Marlena is a hard person to get to know the "real" her in relationships with friends and bfs. She seems like on a superficial level she might be fun to hang out with, if the topics are shallow and surface level. She seems like she would be very guarded and hard to get to know on anything deeper. She keeps her cards very close to her chest. Anyone her age that gets so much facial work clearly is very insecure. She makes me sad! She doesn't need to be so insecure or tormented.

LucyNyuu
Talker
Talker

Post by LucyNyuu »

razzledazzle wrote:Also, yeah--- why is she always sold out?? This is what makes no sense to me. Why wouldn't she have a bigger stock? Do you think it is to appear "successful" like she can't keep things from flying off the shelves? To create some sort of fake popular image? To again copy Mac, how they quickly sell out of their LE items?
The more and more I think about it, the more that makes sense. It may well be done to create a sort of fake buzz around the products. The thing is, is that if that were the strategy, do they/does she not realize that doing that alienates what could possibly be a large consumer base? People will get tired of never being able to buy from the line and go elsewhere--I speak from experience.

Lovetorun
Talker
Talker

Post by Lovetorun »

razzledazzle wrote:Yes, I thought the same thing about the rice from her dinner.

What I don't understand about her is she claims to be very stressed and busy (who isn't) but then why does she do photo shoots on vacation? Why does she post IG pics? Wouldn't it make sense to just truly take a break? Really let go. Leave most of her makeup and hair behind at home, and just kick back in Lake Tahoe? I think she puts a lot of unnecessary pressure on herself and ends up spinning in circles.
I think we all know people like this. This is all part of her persona of being so "image driven". I think we all have "those" people who are so worried about putting forth the perfect life, that they spend their entire vacation posting pictures. When we are on vacation, I rarely post because I am too busy having fun with my family. I (and I would think most) don't have that need to prove anything. I also don't like posting because I don't need everyone and their brother knowing I am not home, I am just paranoid like that.

Goosegirl
Learner
Learner

Post by Goosegirl »

New to this board, but I was wondering about the face work you guys are talking about. Do you guys have any before or after pics. I don't watch her videos and have only seen a couple.

If she had lap band surgery like Kirsten Ghem then her breath has to stink to high hell and same when she goes to the bathroom. Or at least that is what I learned from Kirsten's board.

Sierradanielle27
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Sierradanielle27 »

Goosegirl wrote:New to this board, but I was wondering about the face work you guys are talking about. Do you guys have any before or after pics. I don't watch her videos and have only seen a couple.

If she had lap band surgery like Kirsten Ghem then her breath has to stink to high hell and same when she goes to the bathroom. Or at least that is what I learned from Kirsten's board.
Why would the bad smell thing happen because of that surgery?

justanotherhater

Post by justanotherhater »

Have you guys seen what she looked like at PHAMExpo? I was looking at some of the pictures on the #makeupgeek and #makeupgeektv instagram hashtags, and I was so surprised at how different she looked. Also, what the heck is she wearing? :?

Some examples:

Moe77
Informer
Informer

Post by Moe77 »

That second pic with Cocoa Bear standing in the back holding her purse...ROFLMAO!!

justanotherhater

Post by justanotherhater »

Moe77 wrote:That second pic with Cocoa Bear standing in the back holding her purse...ROFLMAO!!
LOL I didn't even notice. I was so distracted by whatever she was wearing.

Lovetorun
Talker
Talker

Post by Lovetorun »

That second picture was eye opening. Marlena is a bigger "curvier girl" than I thought. She is even big next to what looks to be another "curvy girl". She needs to stop putting her weight out there and the judging will be much less. I myself would LOVE to lose 13lbs and if I did,I would drop 1 clothing size. I am Marlena's height I think (5'6"), 25Lbs on me would be 2 dress sizes; no way on this earth is Marlena only 2 sizes away from where she was at her smallest. I suspect her smallest was the time she posted her tummy tuck update video. No way would she ever pull her shirt up these days to show us her "flat stomach".

Goosegirl
Learner
Learner

Post by Goosegirl »

The reason she would smell is because of something called dumping. I guess it is a consequence of having the surgery and apparently it's more smelly if you aren't eating healthy.

Return to “MakeupGeekTV”