Lady-Ellie
Debater
Debater
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: MakeupThiefnotforTV--Part 6

Post by Lady-Ellie »

Cantwatchthisanymore wrote:I can't seem to view the pics :(
I uploaded on the GG site. For some reason they show up there but not on TT. :x Sorry!

Lady-Ellie
Debater
Debater

Post by Lady-Ellie »

Lady-Ellie
Debater
Debater

Post by Lady-Ellie »

Okay... let's try this.. Image

Post by Guest »

Lady-Ellie wrote:
Cantwatchthisanymore wrote:I can't seem to view the pics :(
I uploaded on the GG site. For some reason they show up there but not on TT. :x Sorry!
Thanks!! Lately TT has been annoying, that would explain why it was a broken image.
I can see the new posts now! Image

compelledsoul
Informer
Informer

Post by compelledsoul »

OVERFEDBUMPONALOG wrote:You know what? That's wrong of her to rename eyeshadows and pass them off as new. Especially since her shitty company doesn't give refunds. I would be pissed if I ordered the shadows and discovered that I already had them.

I don't know how many of you also participate in Jaclyn Hill's thread, so I apologize for posting duplicate information. Jacass has taken a whole palette of MAKEUP GEEK eyeshadow refill pans to MORPHE so they can either dupe the colors, or to find out the Chinese wholesaler/distributors eyeshadow names/numbers so they can be ordered and renamed under the MORPHE brand or JH cosmetic brand.

What do you guys think about this? I know Marlena has straight up ripped off MAC for her products, so it's basically karma biting her in the ass, but surely she had all of her affiliates sign non-compete and non-disclosure clauses or agreements in their contracts? Even if she was too stupid to include it, she could possibly still go after Jaclyn Hill for sharing proprietary company information with her main competitor, MORPHE cosmetics. Now, to do this, she would have to admit she's purchasing her products from a Chinese wholesaler/distributor, so it's going to be interesting to see what happens. Marlena was at the recent party for Manny and Patrick, and no SnapChats or pictures were posted with her and Jaclyn. Let's all remember how all of them are such "great BFF'S 4life" and "#squadgoals", so they must have had a pretty nasty row about Jacass's collaboration being given to Manny. All would benefit from distancing themselves from the nastiness that is Jaclyn Hill, and hopefully this will be the end of us seeing Jacass shilling MUG and kissing Marlena's hippopotamus ass.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
I participate in the Jaclyn Hill thread as well. To be honest, I am not surprised Jaclyn would do something like that (and I'm not surprised Linda from Morphe would do it either). However, I do not see Marlena doing anything about it because, as you said, she would have to admit her products are not made in the US. And people would be pissed, well more people than there already is, that she would lie about something like this. Marlena never admits when she is wrong. Never. She will always play the victim and wants to get sympathy from people. I do wonder how much MUG affiliates actually make. Because there seem to be no loyalty among these gurus and makeup companies (mostly Jaclyn and MUG/Marlena). Marlena has horrible business practices, as it is. One day MUG will become bankrupt and eventually shut down.

HeyMama
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by HeyMama »

compelledsoul wrote:
OVERFEDBUMPONALOG wrote:You know what? That's wrong of her to rename eyeshadows and pass them off as new. Especially since her shitty company doesn't give refunds. I would be pissed if I ordered the shadows and discovered that I already had them.

I don't know how many of you also participate in Jaclyn Hill's thread, so I apologize for posting duplicate information. Jacass has taken a whole palette of MAKEUP GEEK eyeshadow refill pans to MORPHE so they can either dupe the colors, or to find out the Chinese wholesaler/distributors eyeshadow names/numbers so they can be ordered and renamed under the MORPHE brand or JH cosmetic brand.

What do you guys think about this? I know Marlena has straight up ripped off MAC for her products, so it's basically karma biting her in the ass, but surely she had all of her affiliates sign non-compete and non-disclosure clauses or agreements in their contracts? Even if she was too stupid to include it, she could possibly still go after Jaclyn Hill for sharing proprietary company information with her main competitor, MORPHE cosmetics. Now, to do this, she would have to admit she's purchasing her products from a Chinese wholesaler/distributor, so it's going to be interesting to see what happens. Marlena was at the recent party for Manny and Patrick, and no SnapChats or pictures were posted with her and Jaclyn. Let's all remember how all of them are such "great BFF'S 4life" and "#squadgoals", so they must have had a pretty nasty row about Jacass's collaboration being given to Manny. All would benefit from distancing themselves from the nastiness that is Jaclyn Hill, and hopefully this will be the end of us seeing Jacass shilling MUG and kissing Marlena's hippopotamus ass.

I participate in the Jaclyn Hill thread as well. To be honest, I am not surprised Jaclyn would do something like that (and I'm not surprised Linda from Morphe would do it either). However, I do not see Marlena doing anything about it because, as you said, she would have to admit her products are not made in the US. And people would be pissed, well more people than there already is, that she would lie about something like this. Marlena never admits when she is wrong. Never. She will always play the victim and wants to get sympathy from people. I do wonder how much MUG affiliates actually make. Because there seem to be no loyalty among these gurus and makeup companies (mostly Jaclyn and MUG/Marlena). Marlena has horrible business practices, as it is. One day MUG will become bankrupt and eventually shut down.
While I'm not surprised, I find it funny and fucked up at the same time. Marlena is wrong as hell for continuously ripping off another company's products and lying about her own. But at the same time, it is really fucked up that Jaclyn would stoop that low. She shilled and raved about MUG. She spent time with Marlena and even planned to collab with her. Now she's ripping her off, as well as other companies, for another shit company. Way to bite the hand that feeds you, Jaclyn! If they are, in fact, ripping off the shadows that were in that palette, I don't expect everyone to run out and buy it. Some people are going to find it unprofessional and shady. Especially since both Linda and Jaclyn snapped about "working" on shadows and did it in black and white. They think people are stupid.

Sorry, got a little OT with the Linda/Jaclyn thing. But as much as I can't stand Marlena, I'd understand if she got really pissed. That's a really shitty thing to do as a business associate and friend. I can only imagine the amount of free shit she's gotten from Marlena. It seems to me that they didn't mutually agree to cancel her collab at all.
I do not use TT. Please message me through the GG website.

sk8rglam
Talker
Talker

Post by sk8rglam »

I think what happened is Marlena actually made an executive decision and told Jaclyn "hey, you've been super busy with other things lately and we haven't made any progress on the palette so I think we should just call it off for now". Of course Jaclyn agreed but she got offended, and now she's getting back at MUG for not making her palette by going to another brand. It's like when you were a kid and one parent said no, so you go and ask the other and they say yes. Real pathetic move on Jaclyn's part but Marlena should've known from the beginning that Jaclyn was hardly a beacon of integrity.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

XTITANIAX
Debater
Debater

Post by XTITANIAX »

I'm not surprised Jaclyn has done that, but i will admit it is pretty surprising, after all that "highly raved colours better than MAC" commentary on her favourites videos. I'm pretty sure i saw a few photos with them together. Well if its me and i find out some friend would stoop to that kind of level i would smack their damn ass for sure.

But Jaclyn would do anything for that money, right? Considering how much high end luxury goods she spends on herself and that hot mess with her ootds...i think we should've expected something like that sooner. :roll: She knows people will buy that shit because young followers are just that naive...anyone will buy anything to support that "beauty guru on youtube" or so the young followers like to give that stupid term. That YT fame will go off someday, and everyone will make full use of that fame to shill out whatever they can before that 15 secs of fame runs out.

I truly believe most of the collabs / self own cosmetics brands you see on YT will fail one day just like how Phan's line Em did. None of them have the most BASIC business ethics nor the brains to run a business. Jaclyn's line hasn't even established yet but i can already foresee loads of problems: server failure and bullshit etc etc and then Jaclyn will come out with the most ridongculous lies like "oh there was a hack blah blah blah" **rolls my fucking eyes it got stuck halfway**

The only brand that i would still consider, "successful", at least in my own opinion, is Dose of colours. Or maybe even Kylie's lip line (but no one likes the KKK lol) BUT at the very least this woman does restocks every now and then and delivers them unlike MUG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :rofl:

Kaitlin226
Learner
Learner

Post by Kaitlin226 »

You guyyyss, how do I look?
ImageImageImage

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

Post by Guest »

compelledsoul wrote:

jesus christ, what shady bitches they both are!!!! what terribly shady business practices on both their parts, blech.

jaclyn's useless, so it doesn't surprise me that she wants to go ripping off someone else. she'll just let others do all the work for her while she takes all the credit. as for marlena, ever since i read on here about the MUG's ingredient debacle and her being a flat out bitch to people who inquired about it, i've been extremely disappointed. she was one of my favourite gurus when i started watching YT (i used to think she was very knowledgeable) and to see her true colours in such a way...i just have no respect for. i was debating on purchasing some MUG stuff before, but now i wouldn't dare give my money to her or her business.

great examples of business women. class acts. :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

auntiflo13

Post by auntiflo13 »

Lady-Ellie wrote:Image

Roulette and anarchy are two totally different shadows. Anarchy is a pink mauve.... Roulette is a really warm dusty rose colour... you can compare them on beauty bay : http://www.beautybay.com/cosmetics/make ... shadowpan/
Stay home, stay safe & keep healthy <3

auntiflo13

Post by auntiflo13 »

...and Tiki hut and desert sands are similar but tiki hut is much lighter x
Stay home, stay safe & keep healthy <3

pepperpot
Learner
Learner

Post by pepperpot »

Her latest gig on Fablife last month..I see more than a 40 pound gain..

fizzwizz12

Post by fizzwizz12 »

roulette looks like cranberry from mac.
“I don't care what you are doing, so much as the idiotic way that you are doing it.”-vincent valentine

cbowen74
Learner
Learner

Post by cbowen74 »

pepperpot wrote: Her latest gig on Fablife last month..I see more than a 40 pound gain..

Oh my word...she's huge!! Look at her legs!

Lutine
Debater
Debater

Post by Lutine »

cbowen74 wrote:
pepperpot wrote: Her latest gig on Fablife last month..I see more than a 40 pound gain..

Oh my word...she's huge!! Look at her legs!
I think she's basically gained back all the pounds she had shed prior to the nip and tuck

bundy72
Informer
Informer

Post by bundy72 »

Paleo strawberry shortcake? Don't worry guys it's super healthy, nutrient dense and sugar free.... Does she think fruit or honey doesn't contain sugar? And that eating cheesecake isn't unhealthy in any way because it's paleo? The amount of calories and saturated fat in any of the paleo cheesecake recipes is insane and we all know she'd be smashing back way more than one serve!

Post by Guest »

^Was this on snapchat? is she actually giving diet advice lol

bundy72
Informer
Informer

Post by bundy72 »

Cantwatchthisanymore wrote:^Was this on snapchat? is she actually giving diet advice lol
yeah was on her snapchat today, should still be up :)

Post by Guest »

bundy72 wrote:
Cantwatchthisanymore wrote:^Was this on snapchat? is she actually giving diet advice lol
yeah was on her snapchat today, should still be up :)
Haha! Maybe it's a good thing I don't have SC I miss out on all the good stuff Image

Return to “MakeupGeekTV”