Shay Mitchell

SalsaVerdi
Stalker
Stalker
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Shay Mitchell

Post by SalsaVerdi »

peanutella wrote:Her Greece vlog is SURPRISE extremely cringe-worthy.
Girl tries way too hard and is clearly high maintenance. She tries to sound so wordly and effortless in her commentary, but I just imagine her parading around all these destinations and the locals rolling their eyes.

Evil_robot
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Evil_robot »

I think her videos are very pointless

peanutella
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by peanutella »

Evil_robot wrote:I think her videos are very pointless
They're essentially just ads. She has nothing interesting to say or show.
Non.

peanutella
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by peanutella »

Non.

rai1234
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by rai1234 »

I know what I'm not going to watch.

Evil_robot
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Evil_robot »

cringe acting lvl 99, eww

peanutella
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by peanutella »

rai1234 wrote:
I know what I'm not going to watch.
Did anyone even watch her stupid "reality" show? Also, what the fuck does she even know about producing tv shows? PLL was her first acting gig ever and it's not like she's done a lot of acting work. Producing her reality show or Youtube content doesn't count, because that's all one big advertisement for her Instagram, basically.
Non.

emmygues
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by emmygues »

It basically sounds like she formed a production company to get herself a series regular role as part of the agreement. It sounds kind of sad to me that she has to basically pay herself to get a job.

social_butterfly93
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by social_butterfly93 »

Her Instagram has literally become one of the most a Self absorbed accounts I've ever seen. Like I get that she's always been stuck and stuff but geez it doesn't even look organic or relatable anymore. It's just like she's trying to market off of anything and everything these days. Just comes to how that she only got PLL because of her looks but the real industry people in Hollywood won't give her a chance because she's just such a crappy actress. When does her new movie come out?

Burch112
Talker
Talker

Post by Burch112 »

I feel really bad for Shay Mitchell. People like her (biracial girls) do not get acting gigs. They mostly go to white girls with the exception of a latina being the lead role here and there, but never mixed filipina girls.

I'm sure Shay did want to be an actress, and that's why she thanked the producer of PLL for taking a chance on a girl like her, because she knows most acting jobs don't go to people who look like her, those are just facts sadly.

I'm sure Shay wanted to book other gigs, she's been in a few big box movies, and has really tried her best, but nothing ever worked for her. We all know she only uses social media platforms to maintain her current lifestyle, otherwise she would be back in Canada, unemployed and without a husband, as her friends who didn't go the hollywood route are married with kids now. It must be hard for her.

I hope Shay gets another tv show, and finds love soon. Sometimes people can put up a front but are really insecure inside

pigmousse
Lurker
Lurker

Post by pigmousse »

Burch112 wrote:I feel really bad for Shay Mitchell. People like her (biracial girls) do not get acting gigs. They mostly go to white girls with the exception of a latina being the lead role here and there, but never mixed filipina girls.

I'm sure Shay did want to be an actress, and that's why she thanked the producer of PLL for taking a chance on a girl like her, because she knows most acting jobs don't go to people who look like her, those are just facts sadly.

I'm sure Shay wanted to book other gigs, she's been in a few big box movies, and has really tried her best, but nothing ever worked for her. We all know she only uses social media platforms to maintain her current lifestyle, otherwise she would be back in Canada, unemployed and without a husband, as her friends who didn't go the hollywood route are married with kids now. It must be hard for her.

I hope Shay gets another tv show, and finds love soon. Sometimes people can put up a front but are really insecure inside
I think it’s less to do with her looks, because frankly she’s beautiful and today that’s what matters most in Hollywood... it’s her acting ability. She’s not that great of an actress, there’s a lot of competition and she doesn’t seem to have what it takes to keep up in that field. Her modeling career may have taken off had she stuck to it, but I truly don’t think acting is what she’s cut out to do forever.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

peanutella
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by peanutella »

She booked another show with the woman who did PLL. Heiresses or something. There's definitely an huge problem in Hollywood when it comes to WOC or mixed not being cast in stuff but...she is a horrible actress. She's pretty but has NO acting ability. Like, at all. Have any of you guys seen Mother's Day? She made me cringe every second she was onscreen.
Non.

Evil_robot
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Evil_robot »

nah, I think she has had a privileged lifestyle. she was a model before, she might not have earned too much, but she did fine. the other thing is that she actually got a lot of exposure due to PLL, but, imo, she didn't utilize it properly, I think she's not very smart and too materialistic.
PLL opened opportunities, but she's too lazy to get to work, imo.

Chloe_Bean
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by Chloe_Bean »

^ Really? I think she used it fine, with the whole social media presence and youtube, do you know how much she must make from brand deals? She knew she wasn't going to be acting much after and was smart about making another niche for herself. Doesn't she also have a production deal now? She's taking acting jobs while she can but is otherwise going the Ashley Tisdale route, which seems smart.

Burch112
Talker
Talker

Post by Burch112 »

Chloe_Bean wrote:^ Really? I think she used it fine, with the whole social media presence and youtube, do you know how much she must make from brand deals? She knew she wasn't going to be acting much after and was smart about making another niche for herself. Doesn't she also have a production deal now? She's taking acting jobs while she can but is otherwise going the Ashley Tisdale route, which seems smart.
Yeah I think Shay is quite smart. She knew a girl like her being mixed/WOC would have a harder time booking gigs, so she went to the back up plan route which is great. Like I said before I think she only did social media/brand deals to keep up with her lifestyle but it's a great plan. I've seen Shay in acting gigs since Nina Dobrev, they were both on Degrassi, then Nina went on to TVD and on to movies. Shay tried to do that with PLL and then a few movies here and there but no one would cast her and it makes me sad.

I do think Shay could improve in acting but I do not think she is the worst at it. IDK I just feel bad for her and think she only acts materialistic because she is very insecure in life. I hope the new heiress show takes flight and Shay could go back to her regular self.

LaurieShelby
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by LaurieShelby »

Burch112 wrote:
Chloe_Bean wrote:^ Really? I think she used it fine, with the whole social media presence and youtube, do you know how much she must make from brand deals? She knew she wasn't going to be acting much after and was smart about making another niche for herself. Doesn't she also have a production deal now? She's taking acting jobs while she can but is otherwise going the Ashley Tisdale route, which seems smart.
Yeah I think Shay is quite smart. She knew a girl like her being mixed/WOC would have a harder time booking gigs, so she went to the back up plan route which is great. Like I said before I think she only did social media/brand deals to keep up with her lifestyle but it's a great plan. I've seen Shay in acting gigs since Nina Dobrev, they were both on Degrassi, then Nina went on to TVD and on to movies. Shay tried to do that with PLL and then a few movies here and there but no one would cast her and it makes me sad.

I do think Shay could improve in acting but I do not think she is the worst at it. IDK I just feel bad for her and think she only acts materialistic because she is very insecure in life. I hope the new heiress show takes flight and Shay could go back to her regular self.
Nina dobrev handle everything really well and she was a decent actress in TVD idk more about her. Shay is beautiful, but her acting skills are really limited and she did a movie with jennifer aniston I think????? and that's it. I think the heiresses would be a good show, and she will work with marlene king and the same company that produced PLL so she will be fine. I really hope she'll start working on that project soon :tu:

Layla0606
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Layla0606 »

I think she was by faaar the worst actress our of the 5 of them in PLL, as pretty as she is, poor gal is not at all a good actress.

peanutella
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by peanutella »

Her "acting" mostly consists of looking constipated and reciting her lines without any emotion whatsoever.
Non.

bambiii
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by bambiii »

peanutella wrote:Her "acting" mostly consists of looking constipated and reciting her lines without any emotion whatsoever.
her only expression is frowning her eyebrows and running her hands through her hair

iNeonPurple
Learner
Learner

Post by iNeonPurple »

Sammy does Shay's makeup:

I know that some friendships just work like this, but Shay just comes across as so bitchy to Sammy throughout this whole video. Idk if she was trying to be funny or what, but her whole "you're so bad at this" attitude got old really fast. On the positive side, I love Sammy and her sense of humor.

Return to “Celebrity”