What are you studying in college?

Kleineganz

Re: What are you studying in college?

Post by Kleineganz »

I earned my BA in Elementary Education in 1995. I taught for a year, moved across the country and ended up in an area with too many teachers, so I couldn't find work. After some searching, I went back to school and ended up with an MS in Technical Communication, with a specialization in Web Usability and Graphic Design. I've since morphed my career, starting with being hired as an "intranet webmaster" in 1996, to these days running my own web analytics consulting agency. :D

mari
Debater
Debater
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by mari »

i'm currently majoring in the linguistics and minoring in creative writing.

i'm a senior now and the fact i'll be graduating next summer TERRIFIES ME. but i'll prob/def do grad school for one/ both

Breeandbabies
Learner
Learner

Post by Breeandbabies »

I'm currently just doing my pre-req's, I wasn't actuall planning in doing college, but I guess I might as well. I'm going to go for chemistry/biology.. Not sure though, as I decided I want to either be a SAHM, or a teacher, but my biggest dream is to be a vet! So if I become a Teacher, I'd pick biology, chemistry, or history, & biology would probably be most useful to become a vet. That way, If I decide to not become a vet, I can go get my teaching license. But I'm not entirely motivated for either.

chelsealand
Informer
Informer

Post by chelsealand »

Double major, chemistry and psychology. I have been taking a lot of photography classes, thinking about adding an arts minor.

princesshan
Wallflower
Wallflower

Post by princesshan »

fashion merchandising management at FIT

Post by Guest »

I have a B.S. in aviation and meteorology.

tally20
Talker
Talker

Post by tally20 »

Med School third year hell yeah! :D

cheesedanish
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by cheesedanish »

talk about diversity! so cool to hear about everyone's doing.

i'm a senior majoring in health administration and public policy-public health & pre-nursing. after i get my bachelors, i plan to go to nursing school to get my BSN, then hopefully obtain my MPH

Morgan

Post by Morgan »

does anyone know if you can become a daycare or preschool teacher with an associates in early childhood education? i might get my bachelors later on but rn i just want to do my associates. do i need to take a test to get a license or anything? i know the pay isn't great but i've wanted to do this for a while..

ChloeBelle
Learner
Learner

Post by ChloeBelle »

My ultimate goal is to become a Nurse Anesthetist. Right now I am working on my Bachelor of Science in Nursing, and then I will become an RN. I have to work in a critical care setting as an RN for at least a year before I can enter a Nurse Anesthetist program.

kayuhsee
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by kayuhsee »

Morgan wrote:does anyone know if you can become a daycare or preschool teacher with an associates in early childhood education? i might get my bachelors later on but rn i just want to do my associates. do i need to take a test to get a license or anything? i know the pay isn't great but i've wanted to do this for a while..
I don't know if it is different where you live, but around me a lot of the daycare centers will hire without any kind of teaching degree. I have a couple of friends doing this, and I think I might since I want to be a teacher. But I guess it just depends on the places around you.

AN0N.
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by AN0N. »

I have a B.S. in Marketing.

Kizz
Informer
Informer

Post by Kizz »

Recently graduated, I have a BSc in Biomedical science

jezzie05
Talker
Talker

Post by jezzie05 »

Will have B.A. in chemistry in May. Going straight to grad school to get Ph.D. in biochem or molecular bio (different schools I'm applying to have many different names for the program type). Yay for application season!!

Bilbiophobia
Lurker
Lurker

Post by Bilbiophobia »

I am a History major, English minor in my final year at UBC. Planning on continuing on to get my BEd at UBC as well. We'll see, though! May take a year off in between.

TheStrokes
Informer
Informer

Post by TheStrokes »

I'm studying health services administration but I have no idea what to do with this degree tbh. :(

HattieChaos
Naughty
Naughty

Post by HattieChaos »

Just started my BSc in Psychology, I'm on a course that will then take me onto a Masters in Foundations of Clinical Psychology... And I'll go from there. ;)

Dahlia
Debater
Debater

Post by Dahlia »

Right now I'm in a community college to get my GE requirements out the way before I transfer hopefully to UCLA so I can then work on getting a BA in Japanese with a minor in Korean and Asian studies.

aptwe
Learner
Learner

Post by aptwe »

I'm getting my bachelor's in finance and a minor in either statistics or math. This is always perceived as a boring major, tbh, but I really love math.

chunkemonke
Talker
Talker

Post by chunkemonke »

chelsealand wrote:Double major, chemistry and psychology. I have been taking a lot of photography classes, thinking about adding an arts minor.
These are my majors!! :D I do graphic design/photography on the side but I have been doing it since I was little so it doesn't add stress to my life, it actually relieves it, it's amazing you're considering a minor, I'm not sure if I would have the time. :respekt:

Return to “Education”