Washing hair

brooklynbabe
Wanderer
Wanderer
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Washing hair

Post by brooklynbabe »

I think it really depends on the texture of your hair tbh. If you have thick, dry, course hair it's best to wash it once a week otherwise it can get really dry if you overwash it. Coconut oil is the best for that kind of hair.

I have thick hair. I wash 1x a week, use coconut oil after showering. Sometimes I use dry shampoo if i feel like it gets too oily.

Doodz
Learner
Learner

Post by Doodz »

I agree, texture matters, and also climate. I live in the Pacific Northwest and can go 3-4 days (with dry shampoo), but when I lived in the Deep South, I washed every other day.

sookies
Learner
Learner

Post by sookies »

I have thin hair and have to wash it every other day no matter the climate

willieyoung
Stalker
Stalker

Post by willieyoung »

I usually wash my hair everyday. I know it's not recommended, but I use a very mild shampoo made for babies, there are no SLS or ALS in it, it has a surfactant called Sodium cocoamphoacetate which is very gentle and non-irritating. Sometimes I skip a day, and don't wash my hair in the evening: my hair is okay the next day, but I prefer it when it's freshly washed Plus my hair is really fine, and it always gets completely flat on the top of my head the second day.
My routine: I wash my hair with my baby shampoo, then condition with a light, silicone-free conditioner. I don't use any styling products, I try to keep it simple and natural I don't usually blow-dry, only when I'm in a hurry.

Mesee1989
Wallflower
Wallflower

Post by Mesee1989 »

It is depend on your condition of your Hair. If you live in home whole time then It wash it without shampoo. and don't should be wet and try it dry fast.

Ciaokitty
Learner
Learner

Post by Ciaokitty »

I wash my hair once a week but I had to train it by extending the days. It's exhausting sometimes. But on the other hand I don't have so many split ends anymore and my hair could grow a lot.

Alex654
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by Alex654 »

I wash my hair every three days. I noticed the more often I wash it the faster it becomes oily. I should say, it took my hair some time to get used to this regime (I used to wash it every day).

Finaa
Wallflower
Wallflower

Post by Finaa »

I wash my hair every other day. It‘s thick and dry but it looks horrible after 2 days :(

Selia11
Debater
Debater

Post by Selia11 »

I wash my hair every 3 days

itshollyagain
Lurker
Lurker

Post by itshollyagain »

I try to only wash it once a week, but it usually ends up twice. I feel like it's in much better condition not washing it as much.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

Return to “Hair Care”