KatersOneSeven/DudeLikeHella Part 5

CIK27
Gossiper
Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: KatersOneSeven/DudeLikeHella Part 5

Post by CIK27 »

I honestly feel sorry for both of them. I understand why it happened though. I know this is against popular opinion but they did have a great chemistry when Kate first moved to CA. Her and Cory always seemed like they had so much fun together and genuinely enjoyed being around each other. Now, I'm not hating on Cory's work ethic but I feel like he lets it get in the way of just HAVING FUN.

BlacKat
Learner
Learner

Post by BlacKat »

Am i the only one who thinks it's so ironic that Kate appeared in Cory's life to replace Steph and now Joey appeared to replace Kate? I knew something was off from the moment Joey was brought into the picture.

CIK27
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by CIK27 »

Like I said, letting work interfere with life and relationships isn't the best.

On another note, remember when Kate had that photo shoot with an artist? He finally completed the painting of her. It came out a lot more classy than I was expecting. You can see it as the cover photo on his Facebook page. John Zeleznik. He also has some posts about his progress on the painting. It's interesting.

*Edit* I noticed this comment on the photo John Zeleznik Sharp eyes Carl. The client wanted things in the image to reflect his favorite games from his youth.. Does that mean that Cory wanted this for himself?
Last edited by CIK27 on Tue Feb 04, 2014 11:15 am, edited 1 time in total.

Poniesftw
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Poniesftw »

All I have to say is: It's about damn time!
They are both better off, so happy for them! :D
We are all simply fans that can see through your bullsh*t.

CIK27
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by CIK27 »

It won't let me edit my post again. I realized that maybe I am misunderstanding how his business works. Kate was more than likely just the model for the painting and not the client. Sorry! :?

NerdOut
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by NerdOut »

...why did she have to pose in a bikini top if she's wearing a full dress in the picture?
Also, if you remember, he initially wanted her to pose nude, and she wasn't feeling it.

I'm the child of an artist and have studied art for years, and I've never heard of that before. Wouldn't he want her to wear something similar to what he was going to paint, so he could see how the cloth falls? Is this a technique I've totally been sheltered from?

EDIT : Looking through the sketches and blocked in beginnings of the piece, it does say it's a private commission for a client. Weird. I wonder if he was just using her as a model for someone else s' piece?

canadiancutie
Debater
Debater

Post by canadiancutie »

CIK27 wrote:Like I said, letting work interfere with life and relationships isn't the best.

On another note, remember when Kate had that photo shoot with an artist? He finally completed the painting of her. It came out a lot more classy than I was expecting. You can see it as the cover photo on his Facebook page. John Zeleznik. He also has some posts about his progress on the painting. It's interesting.

*Edit* I noticed this comment on the photo John Zeleznik Sharp eyes Carl. The client wanted things in the image to reflect his favorite games from his youth.. Does that mean that Cory wanted this for himself?
It might not even be Cory.
There are initials between the table legs, and he says they're of "someone special". Whose initials are IJK?

Meep
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Meep »

NerdOut wrote:...why did she have to pose in a bikini top if she's wearing a full dress in the picture?
Also, if you remember, he initially wanted her to pose nude, and she wasn't feeling it.
I am thinking that she wore a few different things because the artist wasn't sure what the client wanted. In the other pics, I can see that Kate is wearing a similar dress to the one painted in a tiny bit of a reference pic to the side.

Maybe because he just wanted to get shots of her body so then he could design whatever clothing to put on top of her? Or he was a perv. hahaha

canadiancutie
Debater
Debater

Post by canadiancutie »

WetsyBoopLoop wrote: Cory is obviously devastated...it was a "real" video but I imagine he will move to a slightly smaller house without Kate. Too many spare rooms and memories in that one I would think.
I hope he stays in that house, I think he's right in his element being in the mountains. They haven't been "together" in that place long enough that I think it would overly effect him to stay after she leaves. He'll probably get a roommate, maybe even Joey.

handmadedolly
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by handmadedolly »

NerdOut wrote:...why did she have to pose in a bikini top if she's wearing a full dress in the picture?

I'm the child of an artist and have studied art for years, and I've never heard of that before. Wouldn't he want her to wear something similar to what he was going to paint, so he could see how the cloth falls? Is this a technique I've totally been sheltered from?

EDIT : Looking through the sketches and blocked in beginnings of the piece, it does say it's a private commission for a client. Weird. I wonder if he was just using her as a model for someone else s' piece?
Well, I don't do more than sketches but I can see why she could be wearing a bikini instead of a dress. First, if the artist doesn't have a clear idea of what the character in the painting is going to wear, they are less restricted and have more freedom to design something easily. He ended up choosing a dress (thankfully) but she could have wore a skimpy armor, or nothing, if he wanted. Just makes it easier.

Now that I had some time to think about their break up - I still think they were kind of, in a way, toxic for each other. I believe this relationship was a fine example of two people who ended up together because the conditions were right, not because they were compatible. Kate came to the US as a very naive and young girl and she needed to be sheltered and babied. Cory provided it. After a pretty rough divorce for him, he needed a little pick me up and she was there. I didn't expect them to last this long, though, but I think they just fell into a habit.

I think Cory is a hopeless romantic and really wanted to marry Kate thinking it was the right thing to do. However it is clear that in the past year, year and a half, Kate has grown a lot, and with that, apart from Cory. She came to the US in her early 20's, never lived by herself and couldn't support herself, and now she's in her mid 20's, seeking a career (loosely put) and wanting to taste life after being around the same person for so many years.

I think she also realized he is holding her back - she's been pretty isolated since she started dating him. We hardly saw or heard of her meeting with her friends, her best ones in particular, or making new ones. Kate is a social butterfly, how did she go from being out and about every day with friends (in her Britain days) to maybe going out with her American friends once a week, on a good week? This is why we kept seeing her in malls and such - she clearly felt like she was suffocating.

Not to mention once they started dating it was like they took each other's persona - not because it naturally happens in relationships, but because that is what they expected to happen and they forced it upon themselves.

Anyway, long story short I'm glad when they moved together Kate had the brains to store her stuff and not sell it. She definitely knew this was not going to last. It just served as a comfortable pillow until she was ready to spread her wings.

iainthatin
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by iainthatin »

canadiancutie wrote: I hope he stays in that house, I think he's right in his element being in the mountains.

I agree, he should keep living there. It's a really pretty place, you can tell he really loves the area. Plus it's nice for the cats to have a big place all to themselves. If Cory feels like it's too big for just him, then I'd have a friend move in, maybe a few. Cory could make this into a really creative time, and he should.

Oubliette
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by Oubliette »

Well, it was due.

Like others have said, it's obvious Kate probably broke it off and good for her, I say.

I've always said that Cory kept holding her back in many ways and was extremely dependent on her. The one thing I must say though is that in his video he says that "I know a lot of you are probably really affected by this"...

Um, what?

A grown man shouldn't be thinking that his break up is gonna "affect" anybody's life through a camera. What the hell? :?

Anyway, the cynical me thinks he just made this video for the views. He needs the money now that Kate will move out. Good for him to clear up the air as soon as possible though.

I hope they don't get back together, they're poison for each other. Cory needs to be by himself and learn how to NOT depend on anybody to succeed and Kate needs to branch out and live a little before getting hitched.

Meep
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Meep »

I'm really interested as to what happened. Kate just uploaded her vlog and Cory was still calling her babe in it... so I wanna know exactly when this break up thing was decided. I know she's a week behind in her vids, though.

iainthatin
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by iainthatin »

There sure is a lot of YouTube chicks breaking up with their YouTube dudes going around lately. There must be something in the air. Maybe it's the season?? Chicks start getting restless and wanting to be 'freed'. I bet the number of breakups during this time of year are largely instigated by the female.

Bucket
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by Bucket »

I know that in a video a fan made, Cory commented 3 days ago saying "I'll never forget how amazing things were".. So my guess was it happened that day or the day before. They also haven't really tweeted much in the last 2 days.

plinkie
Talker
Talker

Post by plinkie »

Steph posted this to facebook on Saturday:

"Have faith in karma.. It can be one of the most satisfying gifts life can give you ;)"

Think it refers to Kate/Cory? She would know about the breakup before it went public since they have so many mutual friends (like the hooligans).

Poniesftw
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Poniesftw »

With these two, they could of broken up a month ago and kept playing along for the camera.
I'd guess Kate called it off judging by Cory's video- she has changed a lot in just a few short months, she's not ready for marriage whatsoever, she's still finding herself in alot of ways. I just wish she didn't string Cory along for so long, she used the crap out of him and now the poor guy has to deal with this heartbreak.

I hope he stays focused on how great this can be for him, he lost himself in her, their relationship was like a competition where Kate always came out on top. Now it's your turn to win Cory, go for it!

and yay for Steph and her karma!
We are all simply fans that can see through your bullsh*t.

handmadedolly
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by handmadedolly »

I wouldn't be surprised if she posted this about them. Honestly, I believe in all my heart there was something fishy going on between the two from before Kate moved in together with them. Firstly, it was an unhealthy choice, who in their sane mind would allow a young, dependable, attractive lady into a house of two married people, with an already fragile marriage relationship?

She lived with them during their most difficult time of their marriage, which clearly didn't help and probably pushed the decision to divorce. If I was in a marriage that was failing, the last thing I would do is allow a stranger into my house when I am in my most vulnerable time... hence why I think Steph was never really a part of the equation. It was Cory and Cory's choice alone, and it always seemed forced to me that she was there while they were trying to work it out.

It goes along with the fact that Steph's currect(?) boyfriend posted that Cory was cheating on Steph and - if you look back at those vlogs, it's apparent. I believe Steph moved on, but if someone I dedicated my life to and babied (because we know he was a man-child at the time and she was the adult in the relationship) stabbed me in the back and got "what they deserved" (i.e. the person they hurt me with left them) I'd smirk, a little.

CIK27
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by CIK27 »

Maybe Kate found someone else?

*Edit* Something interesting. If you look at everybody Kate is following on Twitter you can see her "trends" clearly. When she posted her microscope video she started following all of these Science accounts. When she posted her space video she followed a bunch of NASA accounts. It's kind of telling.
Last edited by CIK27 on Tue Feb 04, 2014 7:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Oubliette
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by Oubliette »

I definitely think Steph's post might be related to Cory's breakup, at least I'd like to think so because I believe in karma as well and I think they wronged her badly, she's just too nice and classy to spill the beans. Who knows, maybe Kate did the same to Cory as he did to Steph.

Just wanted to screen shot it just in case.

Return to “KatersOneSeven / DudeLikeHella”