KatersOneSeven/DudeLikeHella Part 8

CinnamonShe
Debater
Debater
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: KatersOneSeven/DudeLikeHella Part 8

Post by CinnamonShe »

I think Playlist is watered down at this point. The energy isn't the same, and neither is YouTube. You see the faces of these veterans and nothing much has changed, except some look older. Nine years on YT and expecting to be on it forever - maybe some experts will come up with a syndrome for that. I understand the need to be part of a community, but some things are meant to be outgrown.

Miss Sunshine
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Miss Sunshine »

Has Kate ever done a vlog WITHOUT doing her multiple character voices?

BlackHearted
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by BlackHearted »

Kate has done all of this to herself. If she didn't pull the shit she did, she would have been able to retain her viewers/fan base.

All of that crap that she did made me detest her. It made me see her in a new light. I've tried watching a few videos here and there and she acts like a damn fool. I can't watch a video anymore without a ton of secondhand embarrassment.

I think a lot of people feel the same way as I do, and pretty much have given up on her.

NerdOut
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by NerdOut »

...what the actual fuck was wrong with her in her Harry Potter World vlog?
She was screaming and acting nearly certifiable. I understand being extremely excited, or even acting like a kid out of excitement, but this was just ridiculous. Her accent also notched up to high while she was there.

I wish she would just be normal, and genuine, instead of the horrible over acting at every single moment.
Also, it's laughable that she's still uploading Playlist vlogs, over a month late.

plinkie
Talker
Talker

Post by plinkie »

The overacting at Harry Potter World, especially in this facebook video:

https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=10153144361078627

is particularly obnoxious. Especially because I'm pretty sure she's already been there before? Like a few years ago with ctfxc and a big group of youtubers at playlist, and she didn't act like this back then.

Menage a Straw
Debater
Debater

Post by Menage a Straw »

If I was a stranger watching her taping her reaction, I would have thought that she was either hyperventilating or high. What is she going to do when her new friends start to roll their eyes and exclude her because she acts like a toddler on crack?

Honestly, I wouldn't want anyone to hold back enthusiasm or excitement, but that was so over the top, it went straight to the moon. She is 26 years old, not 6. I feel like I've been watching her mature in reverse, she used to be calm but fun, and now she's more of a spaz than a revved up puppy.

Sunny38
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Sunny38 »

Menage a Straw wrote:If I was a stranger watching her taping her reaction, I would have thought that she was either hyperventilating or high. What is she going to do when her new friends start to roll their eyes and exclude her because she acts like a toddler on crack?

Honestly, I wouldn't want anyone to hold back enthusiasm or excitement, but that was so over the top, it went straight to the moon. She is 26 years old, not 6. I feel like I've been watching her mature in reverse, she used to be calm but fun, and now she's more of a spaz than a revved up puppy.

I know it was a bit over the top but I thought it was funny haha, she was so exited :D

supermaryfake
Talker
Talker

Post by supermaryfake »

Pretty sure her and ApprenticeA are hooking up. Spotted her in Anaheim with him and they were being overly touchy

Sunny38
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Sunny38 »

They look so alike :)

Miss Sunshine
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Miss Sunshine »

Good to see her still active in the YT community

[youtube][/youtube]
[youtube][/youtube]

AllSparks
Learner
Learner

Post by AllSparks »

supermaryfake wrote:Pretty sure her and ApprenticeA are hooking up. Spotted her in Anaheim with him and they were being overly touchy
Yeah, I got the same feeling from the ApprenticeEh vlogs. Wouldn't surprise me with the stuff that came out about Corey in the YT abuse scandal last year

gurugah
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by gurugah »

Does Kate ever see that annoying girl Amanda anymore? Her screen name was Amanda(something I don't remember)panda. I can't find her channel. I remember her and Kate becoming squealing toddlers every time they hung out and Amanda mentioning alcohol 1001 times on a birthday blog, like that's an accomplishment. She also had a singing channel at one point and would get butthurt if anyone critiqued her singing. If you didn't say she was perfect and the bestest singer ever, she deleted and blocked you. Any info would beg really appreciated; I've missed this trainwreck, but I'm too feather headed to remember her channel and whatnot.

Bucket
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by Bucket »

^ I don't know if they ever see each other but here are Amanda's channels:

https://www.youtube.com/user/mandaelysepanda

https://www.youtube.com/user/MandaPandaSings

gurugah
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by gurugah »

Thank you!

cookie_crumble 22
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by cookie_crumble 22 »

So I see Kate has not vlogged in a while again. I thought her channel was deleted because for the life of me I couldn't remember what it was called. Lol!

Anyway I just checked her Twitter and apparently she is a Lyft driver?(like uber) I wonder how long that lasts until she basically gets up and leaves.

What happened to her being a """model"""?? Lol

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

kajiraoni
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by kajiraoni »

AllSparks wrote:
supermaryfake wrote:Pretty sure her and ApprenticeA are hooking up. Spotted her in Anaheim with him and they were being overly touchy
Yeah, I got the same feeling from the ApprenticeEh vlogs. Wouldn't surprise me with the stuff that came out about Corey in the YT abuse scandal last year
WHAT!? I would love to read about this, is there a link??

AllSparks
Learner
Learner

Post by AllSparks »

kajiraoni wrote:
AllSparks wrote:
There are a bunch of posts in this masterpost http://unpleasantmyles.tumblr.com/post/ ... nipulation IIRC, none of these paint him as an abuser, these are mostly about how he treated girls he was involved with/tried to hook up with. I just get shady vibes from him ever since these stories came out

kajiraoni
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by kajiraoni »

AllSparks wrote:
AllSparks wrote:
There are a bunch of posts in this masterpost http://unpleasantmyles.tumblr.com/post/ ... nipulation IIRC, none of these paint him as an abuser, these are mostly about how he treated girls he was involved with/tried to hook up with. I just get shady vibes from him ever since these stories came out[/quote]

Thank you ;)

Cameron94
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by Cameron94 »

Jeez I just miss how things used to be. I got myself round to watching some old vlogs from the two, and the height of Kate and Cory's popularity on YouTube was very difficult time for me personally, but those two seriously helped to make me feel more positive. I remember seeing them in london in Sept 2011 and the energy was just amazing. I can't get that now watching the vlogs, especially Kate's. Everything is just so empty. Really is such a shame they had to take such different paths. I'm sure it was for the right reason and all, but I can't help but to feel sad.

I'm really glad Cory is enjoying himself and everything, it's so nice to see. And as for Kate..well.. I have to remind myself she still 'tries' to make videos. I can't get myself to watch more than a minute of them now..sigh. Really was a special time when they were just mates and messing about back in 2010-2012. Miss it so much.

Sorry I haven't wrote anything in ages, had to vent.

plinkie
Talker
Talker

Post by plinkie »

[youtube][/youtube]

So there are already 3 episodes out of this show that Kate hosts. Does anyone else find it weird that she hasn't promoted this at all on twitter or Facebook? She did the same thing with that Lane pilot she filmed, she never shared the video or kickstarter with her fans. Idk ,I just find it weird. These would get a lot more views if she shared them.

Return to “KatersOneSeven / DudeLikeHella”