Shawn Johnson

heyitsheidi
Informer
Informer
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Shawn Johnson

Post by heyitsheidi »

i wonder if her teammates are embarrassed by this.........

we get it......
sad to see someone almost 30 riding off of their 16 year old life

InternetExplwhorer
Debater
Debater

Post by InternetExplwhorer »

heyitsheidi wrote:i wonder if her teammates are embarrassed by this.........

we get it......
sad to see someone almost 30 riding off of their 16 year old life
WOW.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

eucalyptusoil
Informer
Informer

Post by eucalyptusoil »

WhimsicalKoala wrote:
Mon Feb 10, 2020 7:31 pm
I was like "I don't know much about babies, so maybe I'm just being critical of them because I think they are kind of self-righteous idiots". So, I looked up baby development... They recommended you don't even use backpacks for three month old babies because they can't fully control heir heads, so I'm pretty sure dancing and flips are not on the recommended list of things to do. She's so big that it's pretty easy to forget just how young Drew is.
Most babies don't have the strength to hold their heads up on their own until they're 6 months. It's not hard to find this information. She's a dumbass for getting defensive for how rough she's being with that small baby. Poor child. She obviously doesn't know much about a child's development, even from books, because if she did, she wouldn't be rough with that baby.

And criticizing people telling them they don't know, they're not her mom. I bet many of them have raised children...so they do know from experience.

And yeah they are dumb for posting all these pics/videos of their house, especially if she had a stalker before. There's tons of psychos out there, why make your house easily identifiable? And creating a public account for her kid is weird, there's again tons of people who could do harm, and there's pedophiles who get off content that has children. It's just better to not post pictures of children, they can't consent to having their image out there. Let alone having someone document their growth publicly...that's got to be violating to find that later on.

Vehrsai3
Talker
Talker

Post by Vehrsai3 »

I was randomly listening to YouTube videos yesterday and this YTer (I think her name was Smokey Glow?) was kind of ranting about how inappropriate she thinks it is to documents kids’ lives online and how it’s gotten out of hand. She was saying this one guy (and I even think she said he was an NFL player or athlete of some sort) filmed himself taking his daughter into a gag gift store and the little girl told him she wanted a lollipop shaped like a penis, because she was little and innocent and to her it was just a lollipop, and he bought it for her and gave it to her... anyways, he filmed the entire thing thinking it was hilarious and put it online. It got a TON of backlash, obviously. I was just listening to this thinking “OMG I could soooooooo see Andrew East doing that” and then Shawn being like ItS oK gUyS nO mOmShAmInG sHe DoEsNt UnDeRsTaNd AnDrEw Is WoRlDs BeSt DaD iM hEr MaMa I kNoW

But to be completely real I could absolutely see something idiotic and dumb going down like that on their channel. Eventually they’re going to do something that sets a bunch of people off, like I truly think they’re even too brainless and dense to keep an audience on social media.

haze
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by haze »

They're literally the worst. All the click-baity titles. Literally, this generation of gymnastics fans know little of who she is? She's not famous anymore and hasn't given back to the community in years. Fuck off.

ItsAndrew
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by ItsAndrew »

I don't really get why putting "Olympic gold medalist" in the title is necessary either since, like the poster above said, current gymnasts don't know much or think about her. Also, most of the public has straight up forgotten who she is. She's not like Michael Phelps or Usain Bolt who were such big names in the Olympics that people will always remember who they are.

It's cool that you won a gold medal in the Olympics Shawn, but it was over a decade ago now. Don't you have anything else to identify yourself as?

yallno
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by yallno »

okay their latest video actually seemed pretty good...i thought it was interesting seeing what she could and couldn't do post c section and hear her talk about the weight/balance change. didn't really watch the last four minutes but the beginning of it was cool

WhimsicalKoala
Lurker
Lurker

Post by WhimsicalKoala »

And her Insta story was actually helpful information for moms that are traveling without their kid while still pumping. Even in that one Andrew was only kind of annoying rather than super annoying. Today must be Bizarro Day!

yallno
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by yallno »

Not totally sure if this is what they meant, but they were talking about filming Drew in their newest video and how they feel like they're treating her like a prop, and seems like they said they came to the conclusion they're not comfortable sharing videos where she's the main focus and are gonna slow down with her on social media. Worth a watch

KittyKax
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by KittyKax »

yallno wrote:
Sun Feb 23, 2020 10:29 pm
Not totally sure if this is what they meant, but they were talking about filming Drew in their newest video and how they feel like they're treating her like a prop, and seems like they said they came to the conclusion they're not comfortable sharing videos where she's the main focus and are gonna slow down with her on social media. Worth a watch
You know what, good for them. It's like they've been reading comments about using Drew as a prop but it now finally hit them. It's hard enough being the child of an Olympian (McKenna Kelley, Peter Daggett, and Sydney Johnson-Scharpf would like a word with you Shawn & Andrew) but then to be plastered all over the internet won't help. It's probably too hard at this point to keep her entirely offline, but at least let her be a baby in peace lol.

yallno
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by yallno »

I like that Shawn said "everyone's gonna want her to be a gymnast, and I want to teach her to flip and have fun, but she doesn't have to do what I did if she doesn't want to" like they seem really aware of the situation

Butterfly_fly
Talker
Talker

Post by Butterfly_fly »

Vehrsai3 wrote:
Sun Feb 16, 2020 6:00 am
I was randomly listening to YouTube videos yesterday and this YTer (I think her name was Smokey Glow?) was kind of ranting about how inappropriate she thinks it is to documents kids’ lives online and how it’s gotten out of hand. She was saying this one guy (and I even think she said he was an NFL player or athlete of some sort) filmed himself taking his daughter into a gag gift store and the little girl told him she wanted a lollipop shaped like a penis, because she was little and innocent and to her it was just a lollipop, and he bought it for her and gave it to her... anyways, he filmed the entire thing thinking it was hilarious and put it online. It got a TON of backlash, obviously. I was just listening to this thinking “OMG I could soooooooo see Andrew East doing that” and then Shawn being like ItS oK gUyS nO mOmShAmInG sHe DoEsNt UnDeRsTaNd AnDrEw Is WoRlDs BeSt DaD iM hEr MaMa I kNoW

But to be completely real I could absolutely see something idiotic and dumb going down like that on their channel. Eventually they’re going to do something that sets a bunch of people off, like I truly think they’re even too brainless and dense to keep an audience on social media.
The dad with the lollipop situation is Austin mcbroom from the Ace Family aka the most problematic family on YouTube. You can go ahead & google him if you haven’t heard anything about him. Anyway I like that she’s gonna let her have her own identity. I remember I read a tweet years ago that Bronny, LeBron James’ son, didn’t want to wear the number 23 cuz he wants a name for himself/doesn’t want to be in his dads shadow. The internet laughed at him cuz his name is LeBron James junior. I couldn’t imagine having a celebrity as a parent especially an athlete. I pray that they don’t show tantrums, accidents, knee scraps, etc in the future.

inezcaro16
Learner
Learner

Post by inezcaro16 »

I’ve been watching their couple things podcast and omg Shawn is sooooo critical of Andrew. She seems to be perpetually annoyed by him.

Vehrsai3
Talker
Talker

Post by Vehrsai3 »

inezcaro16 wrote:
Wed Mar 11, 2020 12:27 pm
I’ve been watching their couple things podcast and omg Shawn is sooooo critical of Andrew. She seems to be perpetually annoyed by him.
I would be too if I had to live with him. I get annoyed just seeing his childish behavior on IG, I can’t imagine being married to such an idiot

LouLou22
Wallflower
Wallflower

Post by LouLou22 »

I actually enjoy some of their videos! But even I think all they do is advertise now! ALL of the insta stories are just ads 🙃 and honestly I’m over it. I was done with the buy buy baby video! It was super cringe worthy.

Vehrsai3
Talker
Talker

Post by Vehrsai3 »

The fact that she wants to write a cookbook when she’s given out like three recipes and shills HomeChef on the daily... ok sis 🙄

rougemont
Lurker
Lurker

Post by rougemont »

Vehrsai3 wrote:The fact that she wants to write a cookbook when she’s given out like three recipes and shills HomeChef on the daily... ok sis Image
Hey! It's not easy to perfectly cook a DiGiorno pizza in the oven!

catmom89
Learner
Learner

Post by catmom89 »

I'm not sure if it's because Shawn is so small, but does Drew look HUGE to anyone else? Also, the only thing I see when I look at her is Andrew, which is unfortunate. He is literally the most annoying person on the planet. I could never imagine him being serious; he's always laughing at things that aren't even funny.

ja14
Informer
Informer

Post by ja14 »

catmom89 wrote:I'm not sure if it's because Shawn is so small, but does Drew look HUGE to anyone else? Also, the only thing I see when I look at her is Andrew, which is unfortunate. He is literally the most annoying person on the planet. I could never imagine him being serious; he's always laughing at things that aren't even funny.
They’ve mentioned she’s nearly 20lbs before, which is a big baby!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

KittyKax
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by KittyKax »

ja14 wrote:
Thu Apr 23, 2020 9:19 am
catmom89 wrote:I'm not sure if it's because Shawn is so small, but does Drew look HUGE to anyone else? Also, the only thing I see when I look at her is Andrew, which is unfortunate. He is literally the most annoying person on the planet. I could never imagine him being serious; he's always laughing at things that aren't even funny.
They’ve mentioned she’s nearly 20lbs before, which is a big baby!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
If she is all Andrew then maybe she's going to end up really tall (which would be funny to see her tower over her mom)

Return to “N-Z”