Molly Burke

Forum rules
Please keep in mind - No Homophobic or Racist Posts!
Brytbratbar
Debater
Debater
Has thanked: 0

Re: Molly Burke

Post by Brytbratbar »

Gallop is retiring. Molly posted on TikTok. I went to go watch the YouTube video and it’s sponsored soooo I clicked out.

FrazzledIguana
Learner
Learner
Been thanked: 0

Post by FrazzledIguana »

Yeah, retiring. And blaming COVID. She said "They need to work to remember how to work". "10 months in[to quarantine] I can't say [that he's doing well anymore]."
"A lot of guide dog users were afraid about how this pandemic was going to affect the working life of their dogs."

...Didn't we notice him acting up a while ago? Like suddenly barking, begging and being easily distracted? Pre-COVID. That was just the last nail in the coffin by that point...

ComprehensivePurple4
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by ComprehensivePurple4 »

It saddens me to hear her talk about losing her independence, but I'm going to be more upset if she skips the Mira Foundation line just because she's FaMoUs.

FrazzledIguana
Learner
Learner

Post by FrazzledIguana »

She said she wanted to participate in peaceful protests, but she also blamed minorities for a lot of the discrimination she faces for having Gallop soooo don't mind me if I'm in disbelief about her wanting to participate. Let's not forget the racism.

Losingit
Wallflower
Wallflower

Post by Losingit »

I definetly get the feeling that the building "not being the same building she moved into" is probably a shift in demographics and she is just showing he racism once again.

I'm new here, but I recently hit my breaking point with Molly for a few reasons

1) Everything needing to be about weight and even when I see fans posting about how damaging the way she talks about it is to them the just could not care less because we all need to know how *tiny* she is. Even the disgust in her voice when she talked about gallop needing an XL dog costume, girl is super fatphobic and not at all about body positivity.
2) How she tries to weaponize her disability/womanhood/whiteness against minorities - a la the old neighbour
3) The condescension. To her Mum, her assistants, her audience., everyone
4) Everytime she cries about how "poor" she was before she moved to LA because she had to return a fancy bralette she bought but couldn't afford for her Casey Neistat colab... while living at her parents house, with all her camera equipment, seeing a nutritionist, being able to fly to NYC and then move to LA and immediately rent and furnish an apartment. The girl has no awareness of her privilege or real financial struggle.

There are many more after the vid she posted yesterday, but it boild down to a complete lack of self awareness.

ceasg1
Learner
Learner

Post by ceasg1 »

Didn't her boyfriend visit her and drag his blind self to her apartment in the protests?
There are also a lot of things she could have done in terms of race and disability (or specifically blindness) after the protests started use her platform to create more awareness. Just because she cannot physically go to protests, does not mean she is unable to help in other ways.

I also wonder if she had a falling out with her dad because she isn't living with her parents at the moment but just random airbnbs?

LexiRae
Talker
Talker

Post by LexiRae »

Molly has NEVER stood with solidarity with the black community! Not one post about George Floyd, breonna Taylor, BLM, or even telling people to vote for change. NOTHING! She calls the police on her neighbors for having fights. (You should never call the police if you are not even involved. Especially on POC.) she also mentioned a “big black man” scaring her. Probably because LA is a crime ridden area and you and your mother look like a couple of Karen’s.
She is so NAIVE to move to somewhere like LA and not even have a basic understanding of racial equality, or how things work here in America in high crime areas. She was saying how badly it upset her, well maybe don’t call the police on them and they would leave you alone. Let them duke it out amongst themselves

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TheLoneStranger
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by TheLoneStranger »

I feel bad for Molly, but it seems obvious she is not being honest with us. She was ready to start her independent life with her boyfriend and now she suddenly leaves him in another country, homeless again? One of the reasons she provided for moving back to Canada was that her Mom deserved to be with her father again, but she previously stated that she wasn't keeping her Mom from him, and that she was fully independent without her in LA. She simply chose to be Molly's employee and was going to move back to Canada after Adrian settled in LA. What happened?

Does this mean that they broke up? Or that she was unable to live without her mother after all? It is just so strange that she would move back to Canada to be with her Mom, yet not live with her and bounce around Airbnbs with a couple of suitcases on her own. I thought she was certain Adrian was the one. Did he refuse to go to Canada with her? So many questions.

treesinthewind
Learner
Learner

Post by treesinthewind »

How many times did she move in LA?
She got her mom to move to a different apartment, got her boyfriend to move in with her, and now she's actually in Canada?
What the fuck is this woman doing?

She honestly seems like an exhausting person.

ceasg1
Learner
Learner

Post by ceasg1 »

Adrian probably cannot go to canada because of the current situation with covid because he isn't a citizen. Is Adrian now homeless? Living in her moms apartment? They moved in together.

The thing with her parents is really weird. The christmas video has her mom joking about retirement. Her dad has been in a weird spot with his partner living in another country full time and wonder if something happened. Her patreon also has something called life update and my parents dated to 12/29 so something might have happened between the 3 of them.

Losingit
Wallflower
Wallflower

Post by Losingit »

Two main thoughts on the latest video (Q&A on Gallops retirement)

1) She's hitting HARD on the "I've done everything social distancing" point... ok I guess we're ignoring when you were dating and meeting up with people out of your household, when you were meeting up with Joey with no mask to get your kitten, when you were having your hairstylist travel across the country, when you traveled from country to country from a city where 1 in 5 of the population now have covid with the intention of hopping air bnbs for.... months? (Which also from the sad life update video, she knew she'd be able to stay with her parents.... they lived apart of years now so that she could have her security blanket, they will bend over backwards to accommodate her and she knows it).

2) And I know this is just a crazy conspiracy theory... but it popped in to my head that its possible that she has been wanting a new dog for the content.
She talks in this about how guide dogs can be retrained out of these behaviours and that many will be after the pandemic, but as you have noticed here Gallop was falling in to bad behaviours before covid. So I have a crazy theory that she was letting him slip, she admits that they gave her the option of retraining him but she decided to retire him instead, and then later talked about how she'll be making a series of behind the scenes of getting a new dog... its been obvious lately that she's been running out of content and im sure she could get some sweet sweet sponsorship money from that.

Leanne
Learner
Learner

Post by Leanne »

She might get new guide dog already this spring or summer, who would have thought. Apparently she wasn't as low on the list as she thought she was, but I bet they just pushed her to the top. I am happy for her for getting a new dog sooner since it is very important for her, but I seriously hope she isn't skipping in the line, everyone else waiting need their dogs just as much as she does.

She says Gallop started stealing food because he forgot how to be a guide dog, but honestly I don't see how you can't keep up some basic manners even when the dog isn't working. They don't suddenly just forget they're not allowed to take your food.

I wonder why she and Adrian didn't just move to another place if the apartment really was the problem, it seems odd that you're in new relationship and just suddenly move to another country for months alone. Especially when she isn't even going to stay with her family but live in airbnb's, what is she up to.

TheLoneStranger
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by TheLoneStranger »

The whole situation makes no sense. Retiring Gallop for content is actually a really good theory. Who in their right mind would just get rid of a perfectly good one, when they know they are on a long waiting list for another? So many strange decisions all at once.

I assume she was bumped to the top of the list after that video, because all her stans relentlessly campaigned the MIra Foundation. It is too coincidental that suddenly nobody needed a guide dog anymore....

ComprehensivePurple4
Wanderer
Wanderer

ComprehensivePurple4 wrote:
Tue Dec 22, 2020 6:33 am
It saddens me to hear her talk about losing her independence, but I'm going to be more upset if she skips the Mira Foundation line just because she's FaMoUs.
Called it! :)

Ghostflower
Stalker
Stalker

Post by Ghostflower »

First post! Not new to GG but had to jump on here after Molly’s last video. I really thought I may be the only one who couldn’t stand her anymore but after reading everyone’s comments on here looks like I’m not alone. I subbed to her after Shane. I really liked her.. thought she was pretty cool and interesting. Then around last year or maybe a bit before I started to get really turned off by her. The way she talks is so condescending. Her attitude. The way I feel she thinks she’s better and higher class. She just got incredibly insufferable and very hard to watch. The way she bitches about everything and treats people is terrible. After this last video I’m done. I know damn well she got out of LA because of the neighborhood demographic and she’s blaming it on covid. I can only imagine what she says about other races behind closed doors. Also..how many damn times can this girl move??? Entitled little brat I swear. Rant over!

ComprehensivePurple4
Wanderer
Wanderer

I feel like I'm getting manipulated after watching her truth video. Like, I'm a horrible person for being on this site that spreads gossip. :roll:

tragicwolf
Lurker
Lurker

Post by tragicwolf »

I'm a bit behind on Molly's world, since I just get irritated watching and hearing her petulance. Anyway, I call bs on a lot of things in her video called 'The truth." Molly's mother didn't start living with Molly to help her business. The real tea is that there was a time when she got sick in Canada and started crying "I want my mommy" like a little baby when she had to fly back to LA. She claimed she got so sick her mom had to fly to her to feed her, but I call bs. It was just a virus, lol. I also call bs on Molly being able to cook by herself.. In her video on baking blind for the first time, she didn't even know how to put a pan in the oven correctly, and in another video, she couldn't even pour water from a kettle into a bowl. It's also not true that she just 'didn't have time' to cook. She could meal prep in advance and store meals in her freezer for when she comes home. I don't really feel like posting video links right now. I might do so later. Just wanted to correct things.

treesinthewind
Learner
Learner

Post by treesinthewind »

In her latest video with the empty apartment tour, she did she she doesn't cook. She orders meals, probably has some kind of personal chef service or meal prep service, or just a lot of takeout.

ceasg1
Learner
Learner

Post by ceasg1 »

Molly moved again and is mad at the movers for not individually packing her makeup that she left behind. I thought movers were more focused on packing the large items.

SHe said in the moving vlog that she has a food delivery service and needs a microwave which the condo didn't have (no surprise there). The one thing i wish she learned how to do was cook. There are plenty of blind people who can cook for themselves and need to because they cannot afford to have a takeout service as well as plenty of articles that talk about it. She says she's independant, but cannot cook or do her own food prep.
SHe complained about having to learn new settings for everything it might be worth her getting a brailler to label everything so she knows the settings?

Leanne
Learner
Learner

Post by Leanne »

It was kinda funny that at first she was like they packed stuff too well and then next they didn't pack stuff well enough. Personally I'd pack the important stuff myself, I wouldn't be able to trust that other people are careful enough with the things that are important and fragile.

What is it with this girl and moving though, it's like something always goes wrong. How is it possible that they also brought some random person's stuff too? And her moms too?

I did enjoy her vlog though and hope she will vlog more in future too. I find it much more interesting than fashion hauls.

Return to “A-M”