Cody Ko

Forum rules
Please keep in mind - No Homophobic or Racist Posts!
MichaelScarn_
Learner
Learner
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Cody Ko

Post by MichaelScarn_ »

Why was she on tour with Cody and Noel lmao? Like she was legit on the international tour with them and travelled to every single place they went to. I’m not sure if that’s weird to everyone else or not but it’s odd don’t you think? Does she not have her own job or life/friends that she can be with while Cody is away. I understand they’re a couple but technically the tour is Cody’s job and in normal circumstances, I would never go to my boyfriends place of work everyday or go on his ‘business trips’ with him (if he ever had one of course haha)...
how did Cody not get tired of her during that long ass tour? I’m genuinely baffled 😂.
She just doesn’t seem like the type of girl Cody would date because his ex girlfriend seemed so chill and in her own zone when they were dating
:|

pvppyspit
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by pvppyspit »

MichaelScarn_ wrote:Why was she on tour with Cody and Noel lmao? Like she was legit on the international tour with them and travelled to every single place they went to. I’m not sure if that’s weird to everyone else or not but it’s odd don’t you think? Does she not have her own job or life/friends that she can be with while Cody is away. I understand they’re a couple but technically the tour is Cody’s job and in normal circumstances, I would never go to my boyfriends place of work everyday or go on his ‘business trips’ with him (if he ever had one of course haha)...
how did Cody not get tired of her during that long ass tour? I’m genuinely baffled Image.
She just doesn’t seem like the type of girl Cody would date because his ex girlfriend seemed so chill and in her own zone when they were dating
i mean, Aleena went as well. i can only assume it’s because they enjoy their girlfriend’s company that much? it’s probably way easier for them to spend that much time together then separate if they grow tired of each other than have them flown out to a random location and meet up when they decide they miss their girlfriends. plus, Noel and Cody both have anxiety so i can imagine that having a familiar face with them helps a lot with grounding and preventing flare ups.

it’s not that odd; a handful of my favorite artists have brought their s/os on tour with them. the confusing part for me is how Kelsey managed to keep her preschool teacher job during it. a lot of the tour dates fell in the middle of the school year so i wonder if she just had months worth of vacation time saved up or if this qualified as some sort of special circumstances.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MichaelScarn_
Learner
Learner

Post by MichaelScarn_ »

pvppyspit wrote:
Wed May 13, 2020 9:23 am
MichaelScarn_ wrote:Why was she on tour with Cody and Noel lmao? Like she was legit on the international tour with them and travelled to every single place they went to. I’m not sure if that’s weird to everyone else or not but it’s odd don’t you think? Does she not have her own job or life/friends that she can be with while Cody is away. I understand they’re a couple but technically the tour is Cody’s job and in normal circumstances, I would never go to my boyfriends place of work everyday or go on his ‘business trips’ with him (if he ever had one of course haha)...
how did Cody not get tired of her during that long ass tour? I’m genuinely baffled Image.
i mean, Aleena went as well. i can only assume it’s because they enjoy their girlfriend’s company that much? it’s probably way easier for them to spend that much time together then separate if they grow tired of each other than have them flown out to a random location and meet up when they decide they miss their girlfriends. plus, Noel and Cody both have anxiety so i can imagine that having a familiar face with them helps a lot with grounding and preventing flare ups.

it’s not that odd; a handful of my favorite artists have brought their s/os on tour with them. the confusing part for me is how Kelsey managed to keep her preschool teacher job during it. a lot of the tour dates fell in the middle of the school year so i wonder if she just had months worth of vacation time saved up or if this qualified as some sort of special circumstances.

Points were made
But just to let you know, aleena only visited them on Australia and that’s it, she wasn’t there for the full tour like Kelsey was.
Personally for me, I grew up with quite an independent mindset and so I could never see myself having to constantly be with my s.o 24/7 as it feels like an intrusion, we need our own space at times but each to their own i guess
:|

pinksaltlamp
Lurker
Lurker

Post by pinksaltlamp »

i think aleena could visit once or twice (idk) cause she has a regular job! her & noel talked about briefly in the cooking vid where she makes parm lol. as for kelsey, since she got boosted from cody's immense following im assuming she's just a full-time influencer?

Nataliya
Informer
Informer

Post by Nataliya »

pinksaltlamp wrote:
Thu May 14, 2020 5:36 am
i think aleena could visit once or twice (idk) cause she has a regular job! her & noel talked about briefly in the cooking vid where she makes parm lol. as for kelsey, since she got boosted from cody's immense following im assuming she's just a full-time influencer?
She still has her preschool job. I was bored and watched her most recent vlog where she talked about teaching over Zoom. I do find it interesting that she has a very PG job but also says super inappropriate things online. It won't be long before a disgruntled parent finds her socials and she gets in trouble. She should know better.

prettyglass
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by prettyglass »

Nataliya wrote:
Mon May 18, 2020 6:10 pm
pinksaltlamp wrote:
She still has her preschool job. I was bored and watched her most recent vlog where she talked about teaching over Zoom. I do find it interesting that she has a very PG job but also says super inappropriate things online. It won't be long before a disgruntled parent finds her socials and she gets in trouble. She should know better.
She left teaching for a while then went back to it. I think she’s only part time, maybe 3 days a week?

Nataliya
Informer
Informer

Post by Nataliya »

prettyglass wrote:
Mon May 18, 2020 8:42 pm
Nataliya wrote:
Mon May 18, 2020 6:10 pm
pinksaltlamp wrote:
She left teaching for a while then went back to it. I think she’s only part time, maybe 3 days a week?
Oooh gotcha. Hopefully she keeps her regular job because the Youtube thing won't last for much longer.

pvppyspit
Wanderer
Wanderer

Cody Ko

Post by pvppyspit »

is anyone else kind of... appalled at cody’s mere apathy about everything going on right now? i’m just very disappointed with his response so far.

granted, he is white and a former frat boy from Duke so his disconnect to the issue is sort of understandable but i can only try to understand it so much when there is still a video of him saying the n-word on the internet and one of his best friends/long term colleagues is a person of color. you’d just think he would say and do more.

posting a few links then going back to joking like normal just doesn’t feel right. and i understand he is a comedian and it’s his “job” but his job as a comedian is to also read the room. there’s a time and place for everything. many others have put their lives not only on hold but at risk for the sake of the movement. i feel like temporarily being more sensitive to the current events is the least he can do.

i think it’s extra unsettling too because he’s in a public partnership with Noel, and (to me, at least) it makes him look so much more apathetic when Noel had a whole stream dedicated to the cause and even discussed his own/his friends’ negative experiences with the police and has generally shown a lot more attention to the issue. Noel even showed his disdain for the idea of people essentially ignoring what’s going on to post content.

it just makes me hope Cody has plans for an equally serious and beneficial twitch or video. or at least plans to discuss what’s going on more. if not, it’ll be extremely uncomfortable to watch him continue to make videos with Noel in the future knowing the extent of his activism is posting links and hashtags then never discussing such a serious, ongoing issue again even though it has directly affected a person he claims to care about.

greysweatpants20
Informer
Informer

Post by greysweatpants20 »

'I don't expect Cody to devote a whole stream to it because tbh I don't think any white person has enough insight to talk about racism that in depth, certainly not Cody. But it would be nice to see him amplify other voices more. People seem to forget that they don't need to make their own original statements, in fact shutting up and using your platform to highlight Black voices is actually highly preferable.

pvppyspit
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by pvppyspit »

greysweatpants20 wrote:'I don't expect Cody to devote a whole stream to it because tbh I don't think any white person has enough insight to talk about racism that in depth, certainly not Cody. But it would be nice to see him amplify other voices more. People seem to forget that they don't need to make their own original statements, in fact shutting up and using your platform to highlight Black voices is actually highly preferable.
oh, i absolutely agree!! i think it’s so cringey when people (specifically people with no experience like you said) try to make themselves and their own emotions about the situation the center of attention and deviate from the real issues/people that need assistance. it would definitely do incredible good if he were to uplift black voices.

i think that is kind of the issue i was trying but failed to communicate too. he’s simply not doing that. it’s just the absolute bare minimum right now; a link with a hashtag and then him retweeting his own girlfriend’s tweet which is... also a link. a link with her own poorly structured caption (not hating or trying to nitpick on Kelsey, but the number of exclamation points and the vagueness of it makes it look so performative). you look at Kurtis Conner’s retweets and him and Noel’s charity streams and it makes you wonder why he’s half-assing his support so hard.

MadKat9517
Informer
Informer

Post by MadKat9517 »

Their podcast today was solid. They included extra ads to raise money for various BLM causes (and they will not be disabled on Patreon), and they spent most of the podcast talking about what is going on in a way that was serious and heartfelt, but so damn humorous, fresh, and... them. It wasn't the same stump speech every other YTer has been doing. Like, they brought up a lot of stories/events that I hadn't heard before, and I've been following this closely.

missamewica
Learner
Learner

Post by missamewica »

I thought his black square post just captioned "BLM" was so performative and weird. And he still has it up LOL, I thought it was widely accepted now that the black square was counterproductive to the movement and performative. Like I'm embarrassed that he's lumped in with all the other white people who literally said nothing except post a black square. But I'll have to listen to the latest podcast because I haven't yet!! I know Cody has good intentions and just needs to reevaluate his privlege & learn like the rest of us white people

secondhandlover
Debater
Debater

Post by secondhandlover »

I feel the random urge to mention how fucking awful Cody's tattoos are lmfao

Does that heart tattoo say "mom"??? CHILE....... please tell me I'm wrong and that heart tattoo doesn't say "mom"

I also feel the random urge to express my irritation towards Kelsey's voice. That nasal vocal fry.... yikes

PondMushroom
Wallflower
Wallflower

Post by PondMushroom »

I didn't know people made fun of his girlfriend, most of the time i just see people say she looks like Nash grier. I'm not sure if that's suppose to be an insult or not tho.
𝘕𝘰 𝘵𝘩𝘰𝘶𝘨𝘩𝘵𝘴, 𝘩𝘦𝘢𝘥 𝘦𝘮𝘱𝘵𝘺 ∠( ᐛ 」∠)_

blackcrusade96
Learner
Learner

Post by blackcrusade96 »

I am unsure how I genuinely feel about Cody's recent collab video with Dhar Mann.

On one hand, I'm glad that Dhar Mann was able to take criticism and jokes from Cody/Noel's videos on him previously, such that he went as far as to reach out to Cody for a collab. This is in line with what happened with other creators Cody made videos on, such as MattySmokes, Dre Drexler, Eve Donnelly and GT Dave.

On the other hand, this still doesn't reduce the fact that Dhar Mann's sketches are disingenuous or unrealistic to how people in the real world interact/do stuff. Moreover, there have been allegations of fraud that Dhar Mann was involved in in the past, all of which Cody overlooked in his videos on him and the subsequent collab video. Moreover, who knows whether this is just a ploy by Dhar Mann for his videos to get more views and him getting more followers as a result of Cody's exposure?

Rob Gavagan made a video (albeit more serious compared to Cody's) regarding the shady background behind Dhar Mann:

The reason why I am extremely wary of YouTube channels that create such "feel good" content is because in my home country Singapore, there is anotjer YouTuber, Nas Daily, who also makes these similar types of "feel good" or "positive vibes only" videos on Facebook/YouTube, albeit shorter in duration, but similar to Dhar Mann's sketches. Nas Daily's videos on Singapore has attracted some backlash from Singaporeans in the past, about how he generalised many issues that Singaporeans complained about, going as far as to calling them "crybabies".

I'm not insinuating that Dhar Mann will behave exactly the same as Nas Daily (They do follow each other on Instagram anw) if he ever makes videos about Singapore. However, reality is often disappointing and many issues have their grey areas, and are not as exaggerated/exciting or "black and white" as these videos by Dhar Mann or Nas Daily make them out to be.

I'm not expecting Cody to retract his collab with Dhar Mann btw. I still enjoyed the sketch he did with him nevertheless. I'm just pointing out that Dhar Mann is still a rather shady character at the end of the day, even if he is cool with Cody's videos on him.

secondhandlover
Debater
Debater

Post by secondhandlover »

PondMushroom wrote:
Sat Aug 22, 2020 1:17 pm
I didn't know people made fun of his girlfriend, most of the time i just see people say she looks like Nash grier. I'm not sure if that's suppose to be an insult or not tho.
I’ve only ever seen people criticise Kelsey here. Twitter, tumblr, Reddit etc all stan her, you can’t say anything negative about her anywhere else tbh. That’s why I call this our safe space lol.

I clicked on her stories today and was greeted to a photo of her flexing her new Prada shoes. I was hoping that cringey flexing shit was behind her. Obviously not.

Noahscentedmayo
Learner
Learner

Post by Noahscentedmayo »

Kelsey kind of seems like an over protective gf. I dunno if it’s a “bit” she’s putting on but it rubs me the wrong way. I recently saw a tik tok that Cody posted showing a photo of him with a girl in high school and all of a sudden Kelsey popped in looking angry.

Dobrica
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Dobrica »

Of course she's overprotective. She's still a school teacher and her online career depends on her boyfriend, who's getting bigger and richer every month and can just dump her at any point. I don't want to be a dick here, but let's be honest, when there's that big a gap in influence/wealth/etc. in a couple, to the point of one's entire career and lifestyle depending on the other still being with him/her, you know there's also insecurity and paranoia that it could all just end.

I don't follow her anywhere, but if you guys says she loves to flex expensive stuff, she's obviously loving this lifestyle and she'll lose it all if Cody ever loses interest in her.

Blessup
Debater
Debater

Post by Blessup »

Did you guys see Cody's new place? Kelsey's gonna be holding on for dear life now that her man has the big fancy house. I don't hate her but something about her sorta turns me off ... like she's enjoying *his* lifestyle a little too much.

https://www.dirt.com/entertainers/influ ... 203342194/

plastique
Wallflower
Wallflower

Post by plastique »

him and noel are some of my favorite youtubers! i think cody had a really amazing transition from vine to youtube unlike almost every other ex-viner who tried migrating to youtube after vine died. :love2:

Return to “A-M”