Carlie, Mother of a Girl, so Elliot W(h)o-od? - Part 19

lmmomSD
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Carlie, Mother of a Girl, so Elliot W(h)o-od? - Part 19

Post by lmmomSD »

Wait. She put him in _a closet_ for time out? She left the light on, right?
Whatever happened to a chair? Or sitting on the steps? I have never ever heard of putting a kid in a closet, except maybe as a "don't".

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

kittycatpancake
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by kittycatpancake »

Some kids benefit from sitting in a bathroom or large closet or pantry (not the shelf kind, the small room kind) because it allows them to calm down without the distractions of being in the general population area of the household, or in their room which likely has toys.

It's a small space they are alone in that is relatively quiet and removed from whatever situation that created the need for time out.

Chairs, stairs and corners didn't work for me. I vividly recall sitting there frustrated and angry, waiting for the time to be up, looking around, fiddling, crying,... just doing anything but calming down and becoming ready to re-enter the situation with a calm head. Whenever I had time out somewhere 'private', I would calm down significantly faster.

Time out should be focused on actually taking a few minutes to breathe and recenter when in an agitated state. Confinement is not helpful to children, having time to reflect is.

Not that I agree with Carlie's parenting or whatever, but a closet isn't as horrible as it sounds.

Rhea85
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Rhea85 »

Isn’t he too young for time out? He still is in the first stage of cognitive development. The second stage starts between 2 and 7 years.It’s seems counterintuitive. She wants him to act like a toddler or pre schooler so bad so she can focus on her daughter only.

Bluewelly
Learner
Learner

Post by Bluewelly »

Rhea85 wrote:Isn’t he too young for time out? He still is in the first stage of cognitive development. The second stage starts between 2 and 7 years.It’s seems counterintuitive. She wants him to act like a toddler or pre schooler so bad so she can focus on her daughter only.
I agree, It would be good to know what he did to make her put him in time out. I hope it was something she saw him do rather than evidence she found later because at his age he would find it difficult to understand why. She really is not going to cope with 2 because from what I see Elliott is quite an easygoing toddler.

iloveyouxox
Talker
Talker

Post by iloveyouxox »

Not trying to defend her but she said it in almost a joking way, that he put himself in time out and just went and sat in the closet

Chael_s
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by Chael_s »

Wow, she spent well over $700 just at Kohls to get $140 in Kohls Cash! I can only imagine what she spent at the other stores! Must be nice to able to go shopping all the time and not have to worry about how much you are spending.

lmmomSD

Post by lmmomSD »

kittycatpancake wrote:Some kids benefit from sitting in a bathroom or large closet or pantry (not the shelf kind, the small room kind) because it allows them to calm down without the distractions of being in the general population area of the household, or in their room which likely has toys.

It's a small space they are alone in that is relatively quiet and removed from whatever situation that created the need for time out.

Chairs, stairs and corners didn't work for me. I vividly recall sitting there frustrated and angry, waiting for the time to be up, looking around, fiddling, crying,... just doing anything but calming down and becoming ready to re-enter the situation with a calm head. Whenever I had time out somewhere 'private', I would calm down significantly faster.

Time out should be focused on actually taking a few minutes to breathe and recenter when in an agitated state. Confinement is not helpful to children, having time to reflect is.

Not that I agree with Carlie's parenting or whatever, but a closet isn't as horrible as it sounds.
Thanks. Appreciate your insight.
A chair in the dining room (which we only used for meals and was very boring and away from the rest of the house) worked great for my kids.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

JohnnyLawrence
Informer
Informer

Post by JohnnyLawrence »

Carlie's latest on IG looks like a KFC brand deal. Here are a few of the things she wrote
#33weekspregnant and it’s totally kicking my butt. Does that mean that I’m not grateful? Hell no. But does that mean I can’t be honest about how hard this pregnancy has been? Hell no! So until this baby girl is here we will just enjoy the little things and focus on one day at a time! Oh and fried chicken
don’t be jealous I’m feeding my cellulite lol
Hahahaha why can’t our babies crave the healthiest of things! Lol. My hips and back fat are so great right now lol
She's such an ingrate. Even health scares pertaining to her daughter can't make her stfu about her appearance and just be happy she's avoided further complications

sone0408
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by sone0408 »

not to be nitpicky but when she was talking about kohls cash she said "if you wanted to buy cooper or the new baby anymore clothes" or something like wow okay elliot who is in a stage where he's most likely growing out of things quickly doesn't need anything at all i guess

sb613
Talker
Talker

Post by sb613 »

Y'all completely misunderstood his tweets the other day, he didn't say that Bitcoin = shitcoins he said not to buy shitcoins as in other alt coins, many of which are terrible scams that seem too good to be true. He specifically said just a couple of weeks ago that he has not sold his bitcoin and that he's holding long term.

Ammnesia
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by Ammnesia »

sb613 wrote:Y'all completely misunderstood his tweets the other day, he didn't say that Bitcoin = shitcoins he said not to buy shitcoins as in other alt coins, many of which are terrible scams that seem too good to be true. He specifically said just a couple of weeks ago that he has not sold his bitcoin and that he's holding long term.
This would make more sense because that was really confusing. Thanks for clearing it up if that's right

jjbjjbh
Informer
Informer

Post by jjbjjbh »

Was Carlie giving Elliot candy to eat at night just befire bedtime in latest instastory?? baaad mother.

jjbjjbh
Informer
Informer

Post by jjbjjbh »

Was Carlie giving Elliot candy to eat at night just before bedtime in latest instastory?? baaad mother.

jinalebcool
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by jinalebcool »

Bluewelly wrote:
Rhea85 wrote:Isn’t he too young for time out? He still is in the first stage of cognitive development. The second stage starts between 2 and 7 years.It’s seems counterintuitive. She wants him to act like a toddler or pre schooler so bad so she can focus on her daughter only.
I agree, It would be good to know what he did to make her put him in time out. I hope it was something she saw him do rather than evidence she found later because at his age he would find it difficult to understand why. She really is not going to cope with 2 because from what I see Elliott is quite an easygoing toddler.
Well it all depends what you are looking for in a time out. Their is two types of time out:
- The first one is to seperate the child from a situation where he is out of control. In this time out, the goal is to make the child calm down, so he can have a better emotional control of himself if the situation repeats. Like when he cries and starts to hit and scream because he is frustrated about something and is not able to express it in any other way.
-the second one is to punish a misbehaved action. In this time out, the goal is to make the child realise that what he did was wrong and it shouldn't been done, so he can have a better understanding of what is wrong and what is right. Like when he starts to hit willingly and in the intention to hurt someone because he is frustrated

The first type of timeout usually consist in a: you put the kid somewhere else for a minute so he calms down and then try to figure out what he wants. In the second type of timeout usually consist in a : you put the kid somewhere else for 2 and more minutes (depending on his age and the action he did) by himself and let him know later when he calmed down that what he did was wrong and should not be repeated.

In the first type of timeout, it can litteraly happen at as soon as 12 months as the child starts to try and communicate with you but is still not able to fully do so...
English is not my first language nor my second :) Sorry for any mistakes I make!

ajlinda
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by ajlinda »

Almost 1,000 posts. Going to need new page title suggestions. And hopefully this page won't be locked before a link to the new page is added.

Rhea85
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Rhea85 »

New thread. Can a mod lock this?

Carlie “I’m a whale” Wood
https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?share_ ... are_type=t

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Return to “The Butlers / The Shaytards”