TheMomsView

copperfox
Gossiper
Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

TheMomsView

Post by copperfox »

First time starting a topic so apologies if this is in the wrong place.

[youtube][/youtube]
What are your thoughts on the newest Mom's View episode?
I wish they would've have a woman on the panel who doesn't have kids to discuss this topic with them, since they are all mothers they are kind of bias towards having children.

eatglitter
Talker
Talker

Re: TheMomsView

Post by eatglitter »

I'm just trying to figure out how the "Mom's View" makes enough money to support all the major players and guests.
I've noticed that they have a habit of discontinuing projects, as well.

ccshea17
Debater
Debater

Post by ccshea17 »

copperfox wrote:First time starting a topic so apologies if this is in the wrong place.

[youtube][/youtube]
What are your thoughts on the newest Mom's View episode?
I wish they would've have a woman on the panel who doesn't have kids to discuss this topic with them, since they are all mothers they are kind of bias towards having children.
....Well it is called the Mom's view! LOL! However, I do feel like even though they are all mothers, they each answered the topic great in my opinion. They were not saying that everyone has to have kids, they were saying that they couldn't imagine themselves not having kids. However, they also stated that there are some people who if they aren't wanting to put themselves second to their kids, then they probably should have kids, at least not in that mind set. That I completely agree with and yes those people are choosing to be "selfish" ( I agree, hard term to describe) while being selfless knowing that they would not be giving the child 100% of their time and devotion. To me they are much more selfless than absentee fathers and mothers. This goes with any relationship though. Keep in mind, they each were at one time not mothers so it's not like they don't any knowledge of what that was like.

Post by Guest »

eatglitter wrote:I'm just trying to figure out how the "Mom's View" makes enough money to support all the major players and guests.
I've noticed that they have a habit of discontinuing projects, as well.

don't they get a bunch of brand deals? like crocs, and all that stuff they did for disney style

peachesnoranges
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by peachesnoranges »

ccshea17 wrote:
....Well it is called the Mom's view! LOL! However, I do feel like even though they are all mothers, they each answered the topic great in my opinion. They were not saying that everyone has to have kids, they were saying that they couldn't imagine themselves not having kids. However, they also stated that there are some people who if they aren't wanting to put themselves second to their kids, then they probably should have kids, at least not in that mind set. That I completely agree with and yes those people are choosing to be "selfish" ( I agree, hard term to describe) while being selfless knowing that they would not be giving the child 100% of their time and devotion. To me they are much more selfless than absentee fathers and mothers. This goes with any relationship though. Keep in mind, they each were at one time not mothers so it's not like they don't any knowledge of what that was like.
Carlie?

Snowflake
Learner
Learner

Post by Snowflake »

I agree that they should invite more guests to give a different view on the situation. It also has been a while since Miya was on the show, I really appreciate her view since she is a slightly less conservative mom than the butlers. I like the 'talkshow' videos but some of the other things such as 'mom escape' are not really my thing but whatever :)

peachesnoranges
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Snowflake wrote:I agree that they should invite more guests to give a different view on the situation. It also has been a while since Miya was on the show, I really appreciate her view since she is a slightly less conservative mom than the butlers. I like the 'talkshow' videos but some of the other things such as 'mom escape' are not really my thing but whatever :)
I use to be a BIG fan of Miya. That changed now but I asked why she isn't on TMV anymore and she said it's most likely because her videos aren't targeted towards moms.

Snowflake
Learner
Learner

Post by Snowflake »

Why did your view on Miya change (if you don't mind me asking... I'm just curious :) ) ?? Although I understand why she would say that, it's still a pity she won't be in another TMV episode! The fact that her channel was not targeted towards moms is precisely the thing that I liked about her! Miya has her own hobbies and own life besides being a mom. Having a mom like Miya on the panel was refreshing compared to some of the other moms whose solely purpose in life is to be a mother and holy mormon. Their entire life revolves around their children, just like their channels. That's obviously perfectly fine and there is absolutely nothing wrong with a life that solely revolves around your kids, I just mean that there are also good mothers who have other purposes in life as well.

It would be nice if the panel of TMV would include more different types of mothers. Mothers ranging from baby wise to attachment parenting! It would be nice to hear a mother who works long hours outside the house talk about how she was able to combine her career or high demanding job with motherhood for example. Mothers who have older children, mothers with a job that does not involve their children, an army wife, a mother enrolled at university, etc. They could have more interesting guests on the show such as a child psychologist to talk about child development, a nurse to talk about breast feeding, an investigator to talk about teens that run away from home. The moms can share their questions with those guests and discuss their views on some of the facts that are presented to them.

peachesnoranges
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Snowflake wrote:Why did your view on Miya change (if you don't mind me asking... I'm just curious :) ) ?? Although I understand why she would say that, it's still a pity she won't be in another TMV episode! The fact that her channel was not targeted towards moms is precisely the thing that I liked about her! Miya has her own hobbies and own life besides being a mom. Having a mom like Miya on the panel was refreshing compared to some of the other moms whose solely purpose in life is to be a mother and holy mormon. Their entire life revolves around their children, just like their channels. That's obviously perfectly fine and there is absolutely nothing wrong with a life that solely revolves around your kids, I just mean that there are also good mothers who have other purposes in life as well.

It would be nice if the panel of TMV would include more different types of mothers. Mothers ranging from baby wise to attachment parenting! It would be nice to hear a mother who works long hours outside the house talk about how she was able to combine her career or high demanding job with motherhood for example. Mothers who have older children, mothers with a job that does not involve their children, an army wife, a mother enrolled at university, etc. They could have more interesting guests on the show such as a child psychologist to talk about child development, a nurse to talk about breast feeding, an investigator to talk about teens that run away from home. The moms can share their questions with those guests and discuss their views on some of the facts that are presented to them.
I use to like her a lot. I think she is gorgeous. She was different and I found her way more laid back compared to to Colette, Kayli, and Carlie. She was refreshing lol. But then she was on a moms view episode this season and I got this holier than thou vibe from her. She seemed to get frustrated if someone didn't agree with her and seemed to take everything that was said way too personally. And I don't know if you watch her new videos with Jess but her personality does a 360 when she's with her, she tries to act just like her. I cannot stand people who do that lol.

WheresMyCoffee
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by WheresMyCoffee »

I like the Talk show style videos they do, dont really care for the moms on the view or mom minute things they do.. I also wish they would have different styles of moms on more often and way less of Kandee Johnson.
I like it the best when Carlie isn't there. No matter what the subject she managed to make it about herself and somehow bring Steve into it

copperfox
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by copperfox »

I'm so happy for her! :D
[youtube][/youtube]

JustGlow

Post by JustGlow »

Awwww, I'm sooo happy!! Hopefully she'll have a better pregnancy this time around! I know she was pretty miserable her first time.
Angel seriously seems like such a great person, and it's reflected in the reaction of the other ladies. They were SOO excited for her!

WheresMyCoffee
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by WheresMyCoffee »

Adorable!!! So happy for her.

Caskett
Lurker
Lurker

Post by Caskett »

I'm so happy for her. :)

horatio
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by horatio »

twins? i feel for the poor women, giving birth twice in a row! na in all seriousness though that is great. (but in all seriousness though the thought of being pregnant with, going into labour, giving birth to and then raising twins or triplets fills me with dread).

peachesnoranges
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

I'm so happy for her. Her and her husband are great parents. I loved Sharzards reaction lol.

Lydia Deetz
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Lydia Deetz »

Sharzad and Angel are the only reason I watch, tbh. I love how real they are!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Live people ignore the strange and unusual
I myself am strange and unusual

an0n
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by an0n »

I've only see a few episodes of TMV here and there but Colette seemed so like fake or jealous or something, is she always like that?

interrobang
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by interrobang »

i mean, its no secret that colette LOVES being pregnant and feeling useful, and I'm sure she would love to be impregnated by shay on their ugly granite countertops, but....

I think she genuinely feels happy for her.

LazerCat
Learner
Learner

Post by LazerCat »

interrobang wrote:I'm sure she would love to be impregnated by shay on their ugly granite countertops, but....
Ha! Rotflmao!

Return to “The Butlers / The Shaytards”