CrackSpidersBish
Informer
Informer
Has thanked: 0

Re: Glam and Bore/Mykie - Part 2

Post by CrackSpidersBish »

WanderlustX3 wrote:
Mon Oct 12, 2020 10:32 pm
So I just watched Spankie's video and I honestly don't know how to feel about it.

Personally I'm not a fan of Spankie, even when her and Mykie were "friends" and she was constantly pushing people to go to her channel I couldn't get into her content; she comes across very "holier than thou" and condescending, imo. This isn't to say Mykie didn't say shitty things and that she did no wrong, but it seems like Spankie was trying really hard to push a narrative without showing the entire context. I noticed she would put a lot of words into Mykie's mouth. For example, she never once said "this isn't a struggle you face" (or if she did- it wasn't shown) and yet Spankie is basing a large portion of this video on the fact that she did. Another question I have is, why was she constantly seeking validation from someone who 1. Wasn't equip to give her a said validation, and 2. Has said problematic things over the course of their entire friendship. Should she have just flat out said, "Maybe people just don't like your content and it has nothing to do with race"- like what was the correct response here, or was she better off saying nothing? But then Spankie rants about her saying nothing. Then there's them both taking shit about other YouTubers, Spankie said she was also wrong for playing along but "she got pulled into the toxicity"....give me a break girl, just admit you were no better and move on.

One thing I truly don't understand was towards the end of the video was when she tweeted about her sexual assault and Mykie reached out. I don't see anything wrong with what Mykie did/said. She seemed to be coming from a supportive standpoint, and for the record, you don't need permission to retweet- so her shading her for asking was kind of a moot point.

Something just seems very off to me.
Agree! It's funny cos I was thinking of the time Spankie babysat the dog and covered Mykie's house in photocopies of her the other day and how FUCKING WEIRD that was. Spankie says Mykie makes it all about her buuuut she does the same thing. Dog sitting for content.

Illogic_ally
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by Illogic_ally »

CrackSpidersBish wrote:
WanderlustX3 wrote:
Mon Oct 12, 2020 10:32 pm
So I just watched Spankie's video and I honestly don't know how to feel about it.

Personally I'm not a fan of Spankie, even when her and Mykie were "friends" and she was constantly pushing people to go to her channel I couldn't get into her content; she comes across very "holier than thou" and condescending, imo. This isn't to say Mykie didn't say shitty things and that she did no wrong, but it seems like Spankie was trying really hard to push a narrative without showing the entire context. I noticed she would put a lot of words into Mykie's mouth. For example, she never once said "this isn't a struggle you face" (or if she did- it wasn't shown) and yet Spankie is basing a large portion of this video on the fact that she did. Another question I have is, why was she constantly seeking validation from someone who 1. Wasn't equip to give her a said validation, and 2. Has said problematic things over the course of their entire friendship. Should she have just flat out said, "Maybe people just don't like your content and it has nothing to do with race"- like what was the correct response here, or was she better off saying nothing? But then Spankie rants about her saying nothing. Then there's them both taking shit about other YouTubers, Spankie said she was also wrong for playing along but "she got pulled into the toxicity"....give me a break girl, just admit you were no better and move on.

One thing I truly don't understand was towards the end of the video was when she tweeted about her sexual assault and Mykie reached out. I don't see anything wrong with what Mykie did/said. She seemed to be coming from a supportive standpoint, and for the record, you don't need permission to retweet- so her shading her for asking was kind of a moot point.

Something just seems very off to me.
Agree! It's funny cos I was thinking of the time Spankie babysat the dog and covered Mykie's house in photocopies of her the other day and how FUCKING WEIRD that was. Spankie says Mykie makes it all about her buuuut she does the same thing. Dog sitting for content.
I’m so glad other people think that too. On Reddit people got downvoted to hell and called racists if anyone dared mention that Spankie may have been picking reasons to be petty.

It’s one thing if she made a video addressing the problematic things Mykie said about race, but why the need to bring up the stuff about their friendship and talking shit about people? That’s personal beef between the two of them, it really didn’t need to be aired online.

Also Spankie is such a hypocrite for trying to throw Mykie under the bus for social climbing, when the only times she’s collabed with Mykie was in an attempt to grow her new channel after her first one had to be ditched. I actually didn’t mind Spankie’s content when I watched some of it (after I saw her through Mykie) but airing all this during October seems super shady. Why now? Why not even try to contact Mykie about anything beforehand? If she was always so terrible, why did she stay friends with her other than for clout

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WanderlustX3
Gossiper
Gossiper
Been thanked: 0

Post by WanderlustX3 »

I’m so glad other people think that too. On Reddit people got downvoted to hell and called racists if anyone dared mention that Spankie may have been picking reasons to be petty.

It’s one thing if she made a video addressing the problematic things Mykie said about race, but why the need to bring up the stuff about their friendship and talking shit about people? That’s personal beef between the two of them, it really didn’t need to be aired online.

Also Spankie is such a hypocrite for trying to throw Mykie under the bus for social climbing, when the only times she’s collabed with Mykie was in an attempt to grow her new channel after her first one had to be ditched. I actually didn’t mind Spankie’s content when I watched some of it (after I saw her through Mykie) but airing all this during October seems super shady. Why now? Why not even try to contact Mykie about anything beforehand? If she was always so terrible, why did she stay friends with her other than for clout

(Hopefully I did that right, didn't want to keep reposting the novel lol)

That's another thing I really didn’t understand- why did she feel the need to mention Peter and how Mykie, apparently, asked Spankie to lie on her behalf? You can argue that her using James and Jeffree for clout needed to be addressed publicly- but why bring in drama regarding her ex boyfriend, who is now one of her closest friends, into the mix? Clearly the two have worked in out privately, so why mention it at all?

And sidenote: clearly the subtweets/video mentions where about Mykie... so why did she get so pissy when asked about it? If you had this problem with her for that long why not just own it and open the conversation again rather than having a pitty party. Even if they weren't directly about her she could have pulled the old, "if the shoe fits..." line.

To me it sounds their friendship was a contest of who can be more victimized.
Please excuse my shitty english. I have no excuse, but at least I acknowledge my horrible grammar and typing skills.

dietgossip
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by dietgossip »

Couldn't finish the video, found that she was padding it out way too much with rants about BLM- I get that she's angry but she was saying the same things after every text she showed of Mykie's. Even sped up the video was too long.

Sounds honestly like they're both pretty petty and the whole thing is about not feeling like they have the 'right' amount of followers. Yeah, Mykie's messages are shitty, but Swoop could've literally at any point in their relationship decided not to be her friend (but that would've meant losing out on Mykie's following). We're adults, we can choose who we hang around with, we're not in high school and forced to see these people every day.

I'm very bored of full-time youtubers who always feel like they don't have 'enough' and who think they have to social climb. And for what? More money? More fame? If we can learn anything for this, it's that people who are trying to make money off social media should not monetise their friendships and use people for clout.

Cacophonouslaughs
Learner
Learner

Post by Cacophonouslaughs »

Okay, I hate to pull the same shit Spankie did, but as someone who is and whose community is mostly WOC, we don’t like to be seen as victims. We’re fighters. Our ancestors didn’t fight for us to bitch and moan about our terrible friends. They fought for us to drop them be better than them and push the world forward. She wants so badly to be the victim. Mykie wants to be the victim, too. When Mykie spun all the victimization back on herself in the text messages they should have cleared the air right then and there and none of this would have happened. I don’t like Mykie, otherwise I wouldn’t be on this thread. But Swoop was wrong af for this one. This is something that should’ve been acknowledged behind closed doors. She ALSO talked shit about JC and J*. Get it together, sister. And stop pretending you have it worse than everyone else on the planet.

Wuzzle
Debater
Debater

Post by Wuzzle »

I think it's very interesting that Mykie posted her "apology" just on her Insta stories. There's nothing on her main feed. The stories are gone now, of course.

Cacophonouslaughs
Learner
Learner

Post by Cacophonouslaughs »

Somehow Mykie is always generally controversy-free. She may feel like she doesn’t have the amount of followers she deserves, but she sure did miss out on a lot of haters. She didn’t address it on her main feed because that would remind people that the fight happened in the first place.

0_JinxToMinx_0
Informer
Informer

Post by 0_JinxToMinx_0 »

The stories are still on her Instagram page.

InterestedLurker3
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by InterestedLurker3 »

Followed Mykie for years. I'm done with her now. I've got no time for pick me's let alone the microagressions, blatant racism and homophobia. The cherry on top was how insecure, petty, jealous, two faced and clout chasing she is. Now that this has been exposed she may truly become an irrelevant Youtuber and have something to moan about. Then again, she's a pretty "kind" straight precious white girl so she must be forgiven and protected at all costs meanwhile the true victims (in this case Spankie) aren't believed, disregarded and told their feelings and experiences aren't valid. Mykie is a shitty person. Period.

Gypsy98617
Lurker
Lurker

Post by Gypsy98617 »

Cacophonouslaughs wrote:
Wed Oct 14, 2020 8:36 am
Okay, I hate to pull the same shit Spankie did, but as someone who is and whose community is mostly WOC, we don’t like to be seen as victims. We’re fighters. Our ancestors didn’t fight for us to bitch and moan about our terrible friends. They fought for us to drop them be better than them and push the world forward. She wants so badly to be the victim. Mykie wants to be the victim, too. When Mykie spun all the victimization back on herself in the text messages they should have cleared the air right then and there and none of this would have happened. I don’t like Mykie, otherwise I wouldn’t be on this thread. But Swoop was wrong af for this one. This is something that should’ve been acknowledged behind closed doors. She ALSO talked shit about JC and J*. Get it together, sister. And stop pretending you have it worse than everyone else on the planet.
I totally agree. I hate when people play the victim in any situation. It's immature and shows to me how little someone has grown.

DrowningInMelancholy
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by DrowningInMelancholy »

Cacophonouslaughs wrote:
Wed Oct 14, 2020 8:36 am

The thing that bothered me as a WOC was that Spankie, someone who claimed to be woke and pro BLM couldn't peep that she had light skinned privilidge and that she knew damn well that she was the exception to the rule. If she is so disgusted by racism then why the fuck was she not outraged about JS and JC's blatant racism to BLACK WOMEN? Which leads me to wonder what the end goal of the video was. Spankie was the only "woc" on the pr trip and then and there did it not dawn to her that she was just a token? No, it's because she had no problems being a token. Mykie is a bitch don't get me wrong, but idk I'm actually really annoyed

Omua
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by Omua »

I disagree with a lot of what's being said here. I rewatched Swoops video and the thing that stuck out to me the second time is that She talked about this stuff before putting mykie on blast. And every time she did, Mykie or Peter would be all up in her texts saying "you can't possibly be talking about mykie." (after they had ghosted swoop btw) which was a very clear sign they knew exactly who she was talking about. I met Swoop/Spankie one time at a GenBeauty, she was the host of those for years and she definitely has a ton of huge beauty guru friends, but the only one that thought these subtweets and anonymous call outs was about them was Mykie. So Mykie knew she fucked up and was trying to silence swoop for a long time before this video came out. Swoop even said if it wasn't for Mykie always trying to do damage control when she would tweet or say these things then she wouldn't have made the video. AND THEN Mykie said in her apology that she "wanted" to apologize for all this shitty stuff she's said and done but was "too scared". SO MYKIE TOTALLY DID ALL THIS SHITTY STUFF. SWOOP IS NOT LYING. MYKIE ADMITTED IT. So I think Mykie did this to herself. She could have either apologized and Jenna marbles herself before this video came out but was "too scared". or she could have stfu and not texted swoop when swoop would talk about this stuff anonymously. but Mykie is so narcissistic that she didn't want to apologize and she couldn't handle 2 people on twitter asking if what swoop was saying was about her. So I think swoop was just like. Okay bitch, you aren't going to do the right thing so I'm going to do it for you. I also don't think swoop did this for "clout". this is not how you grab for clout because she must have known the amount of hate and how polarizing this video would be. This could have literally ruined her, so I think she really stuck up for herself and WOC and did what was right instead of doing what was best for her. which I think takes a lot of balls and should be commended instead of chastised.

Final thought, mykie is not a good person. swoop may come across "holier than thou" a little bit, but she stands up for people and for what is right. so maybe she is holier than thou. I don't think it's an act. and Mykie is shit, and honestly I don't even think she's that talented. she's just okay, and she's a narcissist, and racist and bigoted.

missclaaire
Learner
Learner

Post by missclaaire »

^^^exactly this!

also notice how her public apology came right after the video. swoop confronted her about this over years and now that she made a public accusation, suddenly lauren is aware and sorry? nah

Illogic_ally
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by Illogic_ally »

The only thing that bothers me about the video/situation is why Spankie felt the need to add in things about Mykie being a bad friend (unrelated to bigotry/problematic comments) and gossiping about people behind their backs. To me that makes it easier to dismiss the valid statements about problematic comments and race related stuff. Now obviously people can make videos about whatever and whoever they like, but I do kind of, personally, think the point would’ve been stronger and held up better if Spankie had’ve skipped the ‘she was mean and this is why we fell out’ stuff and directly addressed the ‘real’ issues that had more business being public. We as an audience have no business knowing that that (clearly both) talked shit about other people, that’s between them and the people they were talking about. That seemed like an attempt to stir up drama that sidetracked and tainted the validity of her point

HiSistersByeSisters
Informer
Informer

Post by HiSistersByeSisters »

Illogic_ally wrote:
Sat Oct 24, 2020 7:36 am
The only thing that bothers me about the video/situation is why Spankie felt the need to add in things about Mykie being a bad friend (unrelated to bigotry/problematic comments) and gossiping about people behind their backs. To me that makes it easier to dismiss the valid statements about problematic comments and race related stuff. Now obviously people can make videos about whatever and whoever they like, but I do kind of, personally, think the point would’ve been stronger and held up better if Spankie had’ve skipped the ‘she was mean and this is why we fell out’ stuff and directly addressed the ‘real’ issues that had more business being public. We as an audience have no business knowing that that (clearly both) talked shit about other people, that’s between them and the people they were talking about. That seemed like an attempt to stir up drama that sidetracked and tainted the validity of her point

I’ll argue that implying gay people get handed more opportunities and saying directly Jeffree and James are only successful because they are gay, then turning around to use them to promote herself and channel on said gay people’s channels is relevant to speak about. Using gay people or POC to promote or advance yourself while harboring homophobic/racist tendencies is very common in media industries and I think it was important to call that behavior out. This wasn’t just mean girl shit talk about James/Jeffree this was homophobia.
Last edited by HiSistersByeSisters on Mon Oct 26, 2020 11:08 am, edited 3 times in total.

HiSistersByeSisters
Informer
Informer

Mykie recently changed her instagram profile pic since the swoop video. I’m sensing an earlier reemergence back to uploading content than I expected. I’m betting she had Halloween month content already pre filmed before shit hit the fan and she is getting restless having to sit on it. Plus it would be useless after the month is over. I’m predicting we will see a video of some sort by the end of this week or early next week.

HiSistersByeSisters
Informer
Informer

Oh and now she’s back to posting Instagram stories. A repost of some cabin porn she’s freaking out over.

HiSistersByeSisters
Informer
Informer

Yea even though I appreciate Spankie for calling Mykie out on the racist/homophobia and her using people when she had such a closeted white straight victimhood mentality.... I do think Spankie could be more upfront about her own flaws. When you look back at the collab or surprise vids she did with Mykie there is a sense of desperation about it. That dog photo video being the most blatant example. I know she was just trying to do something funny for her friend that tied in with giving her gifted photos of her dog but something about it didn’t feel organic. Her constantly holding the camera selfie style instead of actually engaging in the moment with her friend was cringe. Just based on what I saw in the video it seem a little forced and Mykie actually did seem a little put off up until she gifted her something.

My point is I do think Spankie did stretch the friendship into being opportunistic at times for content on her channel and it seems like Mykie didn’t always appreciate aspects of that. So while I agree that Mykie did some fucked up things, Spankie should also be upfront that she had social climbing/using people for views tendencies herself on a certain level. I think the bigoted shit Mykie said/did is ten times worse though.

milanese15
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by milanese15 »

Doesn’t really make much sense though—using someone to social climb, then trashing them and outing all their personal texts. Every other youtuber is going to be weary of working with her, and Mykie is still way more popular.

I think Spankie is just not a very charismatic person and doesn’t have an it factor. People always end up finding huge flaws in the less likable person, while making excuses for the charming one. You see that all the time in reality tv, for example. It’s why I always side with Lisa Vanderpump, even if she’s technically wrong lol.

ParisianDoll
Informer
Informer

Post by ParisianDoll »

I am honestly shocked she managed to go the entire month of October with next to zero spooky Halloween specific content. Like, this shit is her bread and butter, and the day just came and went with no peep. I mean, I can kinda tell YouTube just isn't fun for her anymore, but I wonder she'll pull a Jenna Marbles and use this "drama" as a reason to just not post.

Return to “F-J”