Sophie Shohet

lurkingin94123
Talker
Talker

Re: Sophie Shohet

Post by lurkingin94123 »

Yey wrote:No way she's 34. I'm around the same age and even my friends that let themselves go don't look as old as she does. Even tati, which always looked older IMO, is "fresher" than her.
She looks like she’s in her mid-40s. Her looks are the result of severely limiting your calorie intake (existing in starvation) and fill your face with fillers. Tragic.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

grouchy_kitty
Debater
Debater
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by grouchy_kitty »

Could anyone please suggest any other luxe fashion YouTubers? I will obviously not be visiting Shea Whitney's account (no idea who she is) after reading here, so thanks for the warning on that one!

Also, I was pretty put off by one of her most recent videos where she talks about not wearing luxury pieces to work because people might be jealous of you and/or your boss may not give you a promotion (I'm paraphrasing, but that's basically the gist of it). I especially don't understand where she is coming from with regard to her particular line of work. Obviously, I could see how you may not want to go to work looking like a label whore, but if you have a bag or a belt that you have worked hard for and that you really love, why the hell not wear it to work? I only own 2 designer items, a belt and a pair of shoes, and I wear them to work all of the time. People always compliment me on my style, even though my outfits are very simple and pretty much the same thing over and over again. I just change up my accessories, makeup, hair, etc. There is no way I would stop wearing them because Sophie thinks its somehow gauche. Especially considering her own personal style. I guess I really do not like these arbitrary rules people make up regarding fashion, etc. and I am shocked at the audacity this woman has to tell us not to flaunt labels. I'm pretty sure the point of the video was to try to get us to buy those bags she supposedly wears to work everyday.

Post by Guest »

At this point I wouldn’t bother watching any of these luxury youtubers on a regular basis. They’re all pretty flawed, high strung shopping addicts without any sense of style, unfortunately.

I’d only watch them now for reviews on bags or shoes, nothing else.

metoo182
NAUGHTY
NAUGHTY

Post by metoo182 »

grouchy_kitty wrote:
Tue Oct 15, 2019 5:22 pm
Could anyone please suggest any other luxe fashion YouTubers? I will obviously not be visiting Shea Whitney's account (no idea who she is) after reading here, so thanks for the warning on that one!

Also, I was pretty put off by one of her most recent videos where she talks about not wearing luxury pieces to work because people might be jealous of you and/or your boss may not give you a promotion (I'm paraphrasing, but that's basically the gist of it). I especially don't understand where she is coming from with regard to her particular line of work. Obviously, I could see how you may not want to go to work looking like a label whore, but if you have a bag or a belt that you have worked hard for and that you really love, why the hell not wear it to work? I only own 2 designer items, a belt and a pair of shoes, and I wear them to work all of the time. People always compliment me on my style, even though my outfits are very simple and pretty much the same thing over and over again. I just change up my accessories, makeup, hair, etc. There is no way I would stop wearing them because Sophie thinks its somehow gauche. Especially considering her own personal style. I guess I really do not like these arbitrary rules people make up regarding fashion, etc. and I am shocked at the audacity this woman has to tell us not to flaunt labels. I'm pretty sure the point of the video was to try to get us to buy those bags she supposedly wears to work everyday.
Wenwen Stokes. She's young (25/26) and has her own unique style. But she doesn't do YT full time, she lives in London and goes to fashion shows. She's not into the "it" bags or the ones everyone has in their collection. She buys what she likes with no intention of reselling. No sponsors or anything. I enjoy her content.

grouchy_kitty
Debater
Debater

Post by grouchy_kitty »

metoo182 wrote:
Wed Oct 16, 2019 10:44 am
grouchy_kitty wrote:
Tue Oct 15, 2019 5:22 pm

Wenwen Stokes. She's young (25/26) and has her own unique style. But she doesn't do YT full time, she lives in London and goes to fashion shows. She's not into the "it" bags or the ones everyone has in their collection. She buys what she likes with no intention of reselling. No sponsors or anything. I enjoy her content.
Thanks for the recommendation! She sounds exactly like what I am looking for.

Rosie34567
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by Rosie34567 »

That close up of her new Chanel jacket highlights how much it looks like a bathrobe.

notsosilly10
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by notsosilly10 »

Wow the sneakers does not seem to be her style as she had similar ones in the past and she sold them. The Chanel tweed jacket is so ugly. There are some beautiful Chanel tweed jackets to choose from she decided to pick the ugliest one. No sense of style or class.

SPF5000
Informer
Informer

Post by SPF5000 »

metoo182 wrote:
Wed Sep 25, 2019 6:47 pm
LV Eclipse wrote:
Sun Sep 22, 2019 2:37 pm
“Why you only need one designer bag” Really? The woman who frequently buys and sells designer bags. I’ve lost count of the number of bags she owns. These YouTubers self-awareness really has diminished over the years. And to top it off she throws in an advert for Lilly Bloody Silk. So the point of her video was not to be an endless consumer but buy what she’s plugging. This bish is on another level of phoney. Oh and placing ‘ad’ at the end the the title so people click on the video before they realise it’s a promo is sneaky and devious. :FU:
At least she discloses this. You wouldn't believe the number of YTers, especially in the US, who don't disclose when something is an ad.
It's only because in the UK, and Europe as well, that you legally have to disclose ads or sponsorships. I doubt most of these people would voluntarily do so unless if they had to, unless if they're so deluded into feeling special or exclusive that the brand would "choose" them to work with. If you notice on IG, even small IGers who are clearly too small to be sent anything are marking their posts as unpaid "Ad or Werbung in German" out of paranoia even if they're clearly posting things that they themselves bought or restaurants that they've eaten at simply because they tagged the restaurant or brand.

icantevenwithpeople
Learner
Learner

Post by icantevenwithpeople »

I never stopped liking Sophie. I just stopped watching her videos. Too consumer focused and boring. I miss her though :(

gossipy locks
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by gossipy locks »

She looks a hot "waxy/borderline botched" mess, I'm talking straight off the floor at Madame Tussaud's type of look in the thumbnail for her newest video. It's scary to see what she's done to herself in such a short period of time

Post by Guest »

gossipy locks wrote:
Fri Nov 01, 2019 11:45 am
She looks a hot "waxy/borderline botched" mess, I'm talking straight off the floor at Madame Tussaud's type of look in the thumbnail for her newest video. It's scary to see what she's done to herself in such a short period of time
It's awful, isn't it? She's so naturally stunning but nowadays, her face looks totally different and its a bit unnerving how quickly it changed.
I mentioned a little while back that I stumbled across one of her old videos and literally did not recognize her, she looked amazing before she got all these fillers.
I think because she gets little bits at a time, she hasn't noticed how drastically different she looks now that all those procedures have accumulated. Or perhaps it's because she's viewing herself on film, it's skewing her perception and throwing her off what a "normal" face looks like.

Rosie34567
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by Rosie34567 »

2xblended wrote:
gossipy locks wrote: She looks a hot "waxy/borderline botched" mess, I'm talking straight off the floor at Madame Tussaud's type of look in the thumbnail for her newest video. It's scary to see what she's done to herself in such a short period of time
It's awful, isn't it? She's so naturally stunning but nowadays, her face looks totally different and its a bit unnerving how quickly it changed.
I mentioned a little while back that I stumbled across one of her old videos and literally did not recognize her, she looked amazing before she got all these fillers.
I think because she gets little bits at a time, she hasn't noticed how drastically different she looks now that all those procedures have accumulated. Or perhaps it's because she's viewing herself on film, it's skewing her perception and throwing her off what a "normal" face looks like.
I agree, she needs to stop messing with her face.

I think all the fillers/botox are even more jarring because she's been wearing a lot less makeup recently....so all the fillers/botox are having the reverse effect and are making her look tired, ill and 10 years older. Plus she used to style her hair more, and recently she's been doing the whole messy bun look.

Idk it's like she's trying to achieve two opposite looks all at once (she's trying to look natural with the minimal makeup AND she's trying to look like a doll with all the fillers), so it ends up being a very confusing aesthetic to the eye.

Hinky Panda
Learner
Learner

Post by Hinky Panda »

I've been watching her for quite some time, mainly because she offers a window into a lifestyle I'll never have (and don't necessarily desire). I still find her somewhat charming, probably because she's British and so she seems (key word here) to have an elevated manner of expressing herself, though her vocabulary is not at all complex when you think about it. I also think she's still very pretty, despite some of the more unnecessary cosmetic procedures she gets.

What I think ages her the most is her style, or lack thereof. For example her first outfit in her latest video hurt my soul. That Chanel tweed jacket really does look like a bathrobe or like a knockoff version of an actual Chanel item, and it's not at all flattering on her figure; those awful plastic pants looked cheap and ill fitting and then chunky white sneakers because why? Also, her hair... A shorter haircut would freshen her up a bit imo, especially since her hair is pretty flat. The highlights are a bit passé as well. She has a stunning body and is quite tall, so she could rock a very modern high fashion look, only she goes in the opposite direction with pretty much everything she wears. And hey, in the end, her money, her choices. I just see a lot of wasted potential. I think she'd look absolutely stunning and very chic in a minimalistic, high quality wardrobe. Less labels.

That matte black Lady Dior bag though... I love it. Very nice choice, from my point of view.

Rosie34567
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by Rosie34567 »

Another bizarre combination...
She somehow found a way to screw up an all-black outfit. :lol:

D0ntWantYour_Palette
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by D0ntWantYour_Palette »

I've been subbed to her for a really long time, but I'm probably going to unsubscribe soon. I haven't watched a video of hers in a while because I'm just bored with her "content". It's the same thing over and over again. I'm tired of seeing her go to Harrods (I don't live in the UK so that's useless to me) and I haven't jumped on the Dior bandwagon. She's been obsessed with Dior and it's just annoying for someone who doesn't like their designs. I like Sophie because she's educated and seemingly hard working and mature. I like her style maybe 60% of the time. But, I'm just bored with her now. I recently unsubbed from Charis (LVloverCC) too because she was becoming ridiculous with the amount of excess on her channel. Sophie is going down the same path, I think.

Rosie34567
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by Rosie34567 »

Maybe I'm the odd one out, but I find the whole "cyber weekend" thing to be ridiculous. If she wouldn't buy those items full-price, then does she actually want/need them? I feel like she's just buying things because they're going on sale. I'm all for a great deal IF I was going to buy an item regardless (then I might wait for a sale), but...I don't think she was going to buy this stuff.

Let's just say that she does actually want/need these items -- well then, why on earth would she tell thousands of people what she's going to buy (before she buys it)? By doing that, she's running the risk of the items she wants selling out before she can click on them...

Also it's an AD vid. She's just encouraging people to engage in pointless shopping. And she's playing it off like she's actually buying all this stuff, but she's probably getting some items for free and/or getting paid.

MissStephie
Learner
Learner

Post by MissStephie »

At some point this is essentially a shopping addiction with hoarding.She makes it look good because the stuff she buys is expensive and she has the space to spread things out so it doesn't look crowed. She's admitted that she doesn't show all the things she buys.
I like her but she often does and says some shady things to make herself seem more pure and wholesome than she is

Mdoc
Learner
Learner

Post by Mdoc »

MissStephie wrote:
Fri Nov 22, 2019 6:58 am
At some point this is essentially a shopping addiction with hoarding.She makes it look good because the stuff she buys is expensive and she has the space to spread things out so it doesn't look crowed. She's admitted that she doesn't show all the things she buys.
I like her but she often does and says some shady things to make herself seem more pure and wholesome than she is
I wish she'd show more because if she makes another bloody video with that basic black fucking Chanel bag I will blow my brains out.

Shinichi
Talker
Talker

Post by Shinichi »

lurkingin94123 wrote:
Thu Oct 10, 2019 11:18 am
Yey wrote:No way she's 34. I'm around the same age and even my friends that let themselves go don't look as old as she does. Even tati, which always looked older IMO, is "fresher" than her.
She looks like she’s in her mid-40s. Her looks are the result of severely limiting your calorie intake (existing in starvation) and fill your face with fillers. Tragic.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I also think it's the result of eating too much carbs. She has a bit of a "carb face".

Shinichi
Talker
Talker

Post by Shinichi »

Rosie34567 wrote:
Sun Nov 10, 2019 11:45 pm
Another bizarre combination...
She somehow found a way to screw up an all-black outfit. :lol:

That outfit is truly horrendous. She matched sneakers with a tweed jacket and ill-fitting pants.

Return to “P-T”