princessmei

Lamonde_
Gossiper
Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: princessmei

Post by Lamonde_ »

She just made a sponsored video for sephora and tried to play it off as authentic. All I can see from her eyes are dollar signs. Never in the world would she use those brands before since she's all pro cf and vegan bs and yet at the chance to get free expensive sht she jumps right at it. Called it. She's a money hungry liar. Pretending to have a nice persona but is really a horrible greedy person.

kofi
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by kofi »

Lamonde_ wrote:She just made a sponsored video for sephora and tried to play it off as authentic. All I can see from her eyes are dollar signs. Never in the world would she use those brands before since she's all pro cf and vegan bs and yet at the chance to get free expensive sht she jumps right at it. Called it. She's a money hungry liar. Pretending to have a nice persona but is really a horrible greedy person.
Ha! Reminds me of simply_kenna, the aesthetic queen who's also sponsored by sephora

Lamonde_
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Lamonde_ »

kofi wrote:
Lamonde_ wrote:She just made a sponsored video for sephora and tried to play it off as authentic. All I can see from her eyes are dollar signs. Never in the world would she use those brands before since she's all pro cf and vegan bs and yet at the chance to get free expensive sht she jumps right at it. Called it. She's a money hungry liar. Pretending to have a nice persona but is really a horrible greedy person.
Ha! Reminds me of simply_kenna, the aesthetic queen who's also sponsored by sephora
Funny you say that cuz she came out with a video with the exact same products Mei showed. Apparently they got the same items from sephora

ChiaSeed4
Learner
Learner

Post by ChiaSeed4 »

I used to really like Mei! I started watching her videos back when her channel was pretty small and she had just died her hair green (or something like that). Now she's super annoying to me. I don't like any of her tutorials and I feel like she tries really hard to copy people like Jenn Im (who I'm also starting not to like) and her friend Olyvia who I REALLY like a lot.

Lamonde_
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Lamonde_ »

As she got more popular she got fuller of herself and started thinking people actually love her. She's so annoying. If I ever see this girl I would tell her how annoying she is but I'm not gonna go out of my way to meet her

ChiaSeed4
Learner
Learner

Post by ChiaSeed4 »

Lamonde_ wrote:As she got more popular she got fuller of herself and started thinking people actually love her. She's so annoying. If I ever see this girl I would tell her how annoying she is but I'm not gonna go out of my way to meet her
Hahaha. Idk if I'd ever have the guts to say something like that to another person, but yes, I do think she's gotten pretty full of herself lately. I used to think her poses were really cutesy and all, but now it seems like she's trying SUPER hard to be a badass. Bleh

idontknow

Post by idontknow »

ChiaSeed4 wrote:I used to really like Mei! I started watching her videos back when her channel was pretty small and she had just died her hair green (or something like that). Now she's super annoying to me. I don't like any of her tutorials and I feel like she tries really hard to copy people like Jenn Im (who I'm also starting not to like) and her friend Olyvia who I REALLY like a lot.
I like Olyvia more than I like Mei too haha. Which is ironic because I only know of her through Mei. She seems so much more genuine and just way nicer in general. Which is what I thought Mei was when I first found her.

Lamonde_
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Lamonde_ »

idontknow wrote:
ChiaSeed4 wrote:I used to really like Mei! I started watching her videos back when her channel was pretty small and she had just died her hair green (or something like that). Now she's super annoying to me. I don't like any of her tutorials and I feel like she tries really hard to copy people like Jenn Im (who I'm also starting not to like) and her friend Olyvia who I REALLY like a lot.
I like Olyvia more than I like Mei too haha. Which is ironic because I only know of her through Mei. She seems so much more genuine and just way nicer in general. Which is what I thought Mei was when I first found her.
ChiaSeed4 wrote:
Lamonde_ wrote:As she got more popular she got fuller of herself and started thinking people actually love her. She's so annoying. If I ever see this girl I would tell her how annoying she is but I'm not gonna go out of my way to meet her
Hahaha. Idk if I'd ever have the guts to say something like that to another person, but yes, I do think she's gotten pretty full of herself lately. I used to think her poses were really cutesy and all, but now it seems like she's trying SUPER hard to be a badass. Bleh

Exactly!! It became hard to watch when I realized that

kofi
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by kofi »

idontknow wrote:
Same! It seems to me that Olyvia is effortlessly cool, whereas Mei is trying so hard to play this rad and badass persona when her channel is literally named princessmei and she's always been known for her cutesy and girly tutorials and lookbooks.

ChiaSeed4
Learner
Learner

Post by ChiaSeed4 »

Yes, yes, yes!! I do think that Olyvia is tad naive and not as well polished as Mei is, but I like her personality a lot and I think she'd be fun to be around IRL. I'm looking at Mei's instagram right now (I HATE her username, like wtf does that even mean?) and I just realized her mouth is open in most of her pics.... :?

ChiaSeed4
Learner
Learner

Post by ChiaSeed4 »

Blehh that chalk hair video was so bad!! It looks dry as hell! Of course it was sponsored. :roll:

Lamonde_
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Lamonde_ »

Not even gonna bother watching that new video. She's so smh

ardendays
Talker
Talker

Post by ardendays »

So long since this thread has been updated, aha. It shows how little people know of her. But to reference above, Kenna does follow Mei, and comments on her IG quite a bit. I like Olivia a lot more. Doesn't Olivia have a sister too? Or a twin or something who is also into beauty? Im not sure. Mei tries to go for that dusty pink fairy fantasy look because loads of younger girls want to look etherial. She reminds me of PeachyMilky, whos also super into pale makeup and anime, but PM uses a baby voice. Mei has a big attitude problem, and I feel like shes always been like that, rather than it just being spurred on by getting more followers. Her hair looks fried as of late because of all the hair dye, and her lip piercing looks terrible on her. Her lips always look dry and crusty because she does blurred lips, but they never look good on her because she chooses mauve-reds. It looks worse than when you eat cherry popsicles as a kid.

ChiaSeed4
Learner
Learner

Post by ChiaSeed4 »

I wish ppl would talk more trash on Mei!! Haha. But no one really does, like you said, so I'd rather just not talk trash than start it if there's nothing new lol.

Lamonde_
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Lamonde_ »

ChiaSeed4 wrote:I wish ppl would talk more trash on Mei!! Haha. But no one really does, like you said, so I'd rather just not talk trash than start it if there's nothing new lol.
I agree!! But she's not as big yet and hasn't been around as long as other ig yters.. I'm waiting for former friends and acquaintances to comment on here or another outburst. She's a sell out and I really dislike her.

Lamonde_
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Lamonde_ »

The quality of mei's hair reminds me of a broom. She needs to eat. Her chin is so sharp it could cut a bish

chitsoge
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by chitsoge »

I'm interested to see how the film she's in Things To Scream At The Sun turns out. She always moves unnaturally when she's posing in her lookbooks and things like that so I can't imagine her being a good actress. all i can assume is she was only hired cause she's pretty and was a model but she'll probably just bring down the quality of the movie.
she did an entire haul of clothes she got while filming it in japan and vlogs of restaurants she went to which I assume she didn't check if they're all vegan/ethical. she made such a big deal about all the products she use being cruelty-free and all her clothes are produced ethically and sweatshop free and how she's "pescatarian" but when it comes to PR packages or sponsored videos she couldn't care less and just contradicts herself

Wombie
Learner
Learner

Post by Wombie »

I liked her old videos for tutorials, especially the Halloween ones. Her videos have gotten samey and boring.

What's up with her and Olivya's vocal fry? It's so severe and grating.

idontknow

Post by idontknow »

Wombie wrote:What's up with her and Olivya's vocal fry? It's so severe and grating.
Yes! It's some of the worst I've ever heard. On top of that it sounds like everything is a question.

aulait
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by aulait »

i watched the trailer for the short film (?) she was in, she looked really gorgeous imo and i loveddd how they styled her hair messily for some scenes

i don't wanna watch the film because the dialogue seemed really... not my style haha (it seemed like it was trying too hard to be clever and missed the mark for me personally)

i may be a poor judge of acting but mei seemed alright in the few scenes and lines in the trailer. unsure why the filmmaker chose her though - did they just like her appearance?? odd to choose based on looks when she is not an actor, i wonder if the other women are actual actors or if they're in other fields and were also selected by looks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Return to “P-T”