Wendyslookbook

ForLoveOfGossip
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Re: Wendyslookbook

Post by ForLoveOfGossip »

Anyone knows what happened to her channel? It used to be wendyslookbook but she closed it and created a new one called the incredibly orignal name of "wendyslookbook2" .... Why the change? If anyone knows please tell me :D

ForLoveOfGossip
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by ForLoveOfGossip »

Hehe I forgot to mention how much it started to irritate me how she keeps repeating the same cliches "this item ELEVATES the outfit" "this detail gives a nice feel to it" "this outfit would be erfect for BRUNCH" etc

imnotfatimbigboned
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by imnotfatimbigboned »

When I first found Wendy I really loved her...I liked her tips and editing. After a while I felt as if she doesn't relate to her audience anymore. She posts videos whenever and never responds to anyone's comments or questions. I use to follow her blog faithfully but after a while I felt like her outfits were just repeats of the same stuff. Not to mention high end and unaffordable even most of her "less expensive dupes" are too expensive. As a result I find her unrelatable in that aspect. I am basically board with her now. She can have her foo foo outfits and enjoy her brunches all she wants. Her videos are just all for show and that's where it ends. :zz:

bagfetish
Wallflower
Wallflower

Post by bagfetish »

I enjoyed some of Wendy's fashion tips and luv watching her previous videos. I noticed she seldom reply her fans, only take positive comments and I find some of her attire does not suit her at times. It would be good if she can accept good and not so good comments. Who knows..some not so good comments can help improve herself. Else she will disappoint her fans and her style will not so interesting anymore. I am surprise that my simple non hostile comment has been blocked. I just wanna let you know that cuffed bf jeans and strappy heels really shorten your pins further.

DisturbingRainbow
Learner
Learner

Post by DisturbingRainbow »

bagfetish wrote:I enjoyed some of Wendy's fashion tips and luv watching her previous videos. I noticed she seldom reply her fans, only take positive comments and I find some of her attire does not suit her at times. It would be good if she can accept good and not so good comments. Who knows..some not so good comments can help improve herself. Else she will disappoint her fans and her style will not so interesting anymore. I am surprise that my simple non hostile comment has been blocked. I just wanna let you know that cuffed bf jeans and strappy heels really shorten your pins further.
That's strange, because I recall commenting on one her posts saying I didn't think her sweater matched the rest of her outfit, and she replied explaining her choice politely.

imnotfatimbigboned
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by imnotfatimbigboned »

I think she has been reading here. She has never posted a video like the get ready with me one. Also noticed she responded to several comments! Its kind of refreshing! HA!

bagfetish
Wallflower
Wallflower

Post by bagfetish »

I think previously she replied but not lately.

facepalm
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by facepalm »

So after being absent from Youtubeland for months she's finally posted another video... and of course it's her collab with Bauble bar. 8-)

Btw anybody knows if she and MM broke up thus the lack in videos?
I also stopped reading her blog long time ago as it really is just a continuous loop of her expensive outfits and enjoy Jean's aka extrapetite blog a lot more (without even being petite myself lol).
Image Image

Rootbeer
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Rootbeer »

^ I just came here to ask if they broke up! I'm definitely getting single girl vibes from her... I noticed it when she made a blog post about how her cat Sammy was sick and how it really upset her and he was the only one in her life (something along the lines of that, it's not a recent blog post). I think she got Sammy because they broke up, also in her last 2 blog post I noticed she credited David Kim as the photographer, when usually she doesn't leave a credit.

facepalm
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by facepalm »

Yeah, but then she still has recent blogposts where it doesn't say who the photographer is... hmm, weird.
But yeah, there are quite a lot of hints.... moving into that apartment, getting Sammy, no birthday post by MM which he did every year and does she still wear the promise bracelet (that's what it's called, right)? I remember another situation when she said she was followed by a man at night after a party which sounded quite scary and also didn't mention MM at all in that post.
Image Image

Rootbeer
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Rootbeer »

http://www.wendyslookbook.com/2015/02/n ... e-updates/

Wendy made a blog post explaining the break up, apparently they broke up early last year.

facepalm
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by facepalm »

Yeah, I also just saw it. Not that surprising since there were so many hints. Just wouldn't have thought that the break up is almost a year ago. And to be honest, I don't see that much of a difference between her brother's and MM's pictures (but I don't know anything about photography, so... :D ).
Not gonna lie, I'm kinda sad we're not getting those awesome edited videos anymore... I know, so selfish of me. :grrrr:
Image Image

darkclouds85
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by darkclouds85 »

On GOMI, a lot of people have posted that they think that she split with Mystery Man a while ago. He really took her blog to a high level so I wonder how his absence is affecting her business. Looks like she still has a professional photographer on deck to help out as the quality of her pictures haven't changed though.

Rootbeer
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Rootbeer »

^ What's GOMI?

MM definitely was a large part of Wendy's success, he's a very talented videographer/photographer. I think she'll manage since she still makes expensive purchases and has nice pics, but I have to wonder where she gets the money?

wendy_wong
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by wendy_wong »

Rootbeer wrote:^ What's GOMI?

MM definitely was a large part of Wendy's success, he's a very talented videographer/photographer. I think she'll manage since she still makes expensive purchases and has nice pics, but I have to wonder where she gets the money?
Gomi is a forum kinda like this one. Also bloggers get sooo much money. Google "blog income report" you'll die a little lol

Return to “U-Z”