Vintagely-Tacky Cora Diane Part 2

gakawak
Informer
Informer
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Vintagely-Tacky Cora Diane Part 2

Post by gakawak »

The bed purchasing story was just another cringe-worthy example of their terrible spending habits. I just can't even with the immaturity of it. How old are they? 30-something, right?

Kcat89
Informer
Informer

Post by Kcat89 »

So they spent maybe $4,000 on an up-sold bed they hated, got suckered into some credit plan because they don't have nearly enough funds to buy the bed outright or have a credit limit that high, and yet in a few years they want to be able to buy a house?? Not to mention they're in the SF bay area which is one of the most expensive housing markets in the US. This is the most ridiculous / delusional thing I've heard, especially from two 30+ adults who should know how to control their spending by now.

LiddlePallid
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by LiddlePallid »

They're like 32/33 I think? But yeah, exactly my thoughts. They could have had a house by now if they weren't so delusional and Cora didn't have such a shopping problem. I would love to know how they expect to get a house in a couple years if they don't even have a credit card with a limit high enough to charge a damn mattress to it lol

Kcat89
Informer
Informer

Post by Kcat89 »

Did she change the thumbnail and the title of the mattress video?? I could have sworn it was originally a picture of her and her husband on the bed and said "Q&A While in Bed" or something like that!?

gakawak
Informer
Informer

Post by gakawak »

LiddlePallid wrote:
Thu Feb 21, 2019 1:51 pm
They're like 32/33 I think? But yeah, exactly my thoughts. They could have had a house by now if they weren't so delusional and Cora didn't have such a shopping problem. I would love to know how they expect to get a house in a couple years if they don't even have a credit card with a limit high enough to charge a damn mattress to it lol
I got the impression by the way she said that they could put part of it on a card they "had room on" that the problem isn't so much the limit, but rather that they are carrying balances.

LiddlePallid
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by LiddlePallid »

Oh for sure. I'm thinking they both have multiple cards and they're all probably near maxed out.

GoldChocobo
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by GoldChocobo »

Did these 2 early thirties people buy a sealy posturepedic bed meant for the ELDERLY and got pissed when they wore it out because it wasnt designed for 2 heavy people???

I know her husband has a bad back, so i get that they were doing it for him mostly but do your research. If thats not the best thing for him then figure out what is long before you step into the store.

Im glad he is doing better with the new mattress but theyd still be using the "crappy" bed if some company didnt give them an entire bed for free....

And you are not obligated to buy any upsold item, and you cannot blame anyone other than yourself for not knowing in your 30s what influences your credit score. This is not the big bad company's fault. God, i hope they dont have to buy a car soon....they'll walk in looking at a Toyota and come out with a Lexus because the friendly guy said it was a better deal and it had more cupholders..

And they are looking so much older than their early thirties here... Cora's hair is giving me crazy cat lady substitute teacher vibes and mikey looks like that elitist loser you cant get out of a gamestop all day.

No one wants to see mikey's tattoos either. Just, no.

I may be Canadian, but I can be snarky as hell.

pizzafan
Learner
Learner

Post by pizzafan »

What the heck is up with that plus size mattress thumbnail LOL!!! Omg its so bad!!!! She is so embarassed of her own bedroom that she photoshopped her and her husband in a different room. Why even bother? At that point, just don't use yourselves if its that difficult to get a useable photo.

Kcat89
Informer
Informer

Post by Kcat89 »

pizzafan wrote:
Tue Feb 26, 2019 10:20 pm
What the heck is up with that plus size mattress thumbnail LOL!!! Omg its so bad!!!! She is so embarassed of her own bedroom that she photoshopped her and her husband in a different room. Why even bother? At that point, just don't use yourselves if its that difficult to get a useable photo.
That's the 3rd different thumbnail she's had for this video! First it was her and Mikey on their actual bed, then just a picture of their messy bed, and now them photoshopped on a bed in a room that is obviously not theirs!! WTH I wonder if she is getting paid money for the video and they don't like what she keeps putting up as the thumbnail or something..

GoldChocobo
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by GoldChocobo »

Im chuckling at her money saving revelation that cooking at home is cheaper than doing takeout.

Yes, Cora. Yes it is.
I may be Canadian, but I can be snarky as hell.

gakawak
Informer
Informer

Post by gakawak »

Kcat89 wrote:
Tue Feb 26, 2019 10:29 pm
pizzafan wrote:
Tue Feb 26, 2019 10:20 pm
That's the 3rd different thumbnail she's had for this video! First it was her and Mikey on their actual bed, then just a picture of their messy bed, and now them photoshopped on a bed in a room that is obviously not theirs!! WTH I wonder if she is getting paid money for the video and they don't like what she keeps putting up as the thumbnail or something..
I feel like she might have changed the video title too? If I were the company, I wouldn't really be happy with the long rant about another company first.

LiddlePallid
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by LiddlePallid »

1. At first I was like why would anyone listen to a video from her about how to save money? Especially after that mattress video...then I realized this was just a guise for her fucking EveryPlate sponsorship. Those meal delivery services REALLY don't save you money in the long run. It didn't for me, anyway. I did HelloFresh for a while and while it was really convenient, I was spending more money than ever because that was like $60 a week and it was only 3 recipes per week with the plan I was on. So I still had to get groceries for the rest of the week where I wasn't cooking those meals.

2. Why did she film that in front of her sink full of dishes? lmfao even her kitchen is a cluttered mess.

Yeah, this was a pointless video. I don't need a grown ass woman telling me to get a piggy bank. It's called a savings account, dumbass. Be a big girl and set up a savings account that neither of you have a debit card linked to so you're not tempted to spend any of that money unless it's an emergency/an "experience." You're welcome, Cora. :rofl:

ColdOne
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by ColdOne »

I don't wanna hear any money saving tips from her until she can make a video like, "How I saved $40,000 in one year"

pizzafan
Learner
Learner

Post by pizzafan »

I don't want any advice about money from her. I want it from someone who is financially stable and not dumb enough to buy a mattress without reading the payment plan before signing. I want it from someone who owns their own house and doesn't have to check their piggy bank to decide if they can buy a pizza. This is ridiculous.

She literally made a video only months ago about how broke she is and how she doesnt have her life together. I could see her telling us about stuff after she becomes secure and buys a home, but right now she has no credibility.

Its like her trying to teach an entire 6 month french language course after only learning one french lesson herself.

LiddlePallid
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by LiddlePallid »

It's like she got excited that they actually had some money in the piggybank and immediately took that as an "I can save money, look at me!" thing and ran to make a video about it lmao

Omni
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Omni »

I could maybe get on board if she did some kind of series about how to get out of debt. I imagine more people being interested in her again if she reframed the whole penny pinching thing in that context. But her buying habits appear to be mostly the same. She needs to be actively saving more before she starts making videos about it. It just rings hollow otherwise.

clairebear
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by clairebear »

I can't stand youtubers who think they can give advice on every thing. They should title it more how not to be stupid in life.

Granted, a lot of people think in your 30's you are supposed to be financially stable and have a house etc. and In the most expensive parts of the country like she's in that is just not reality anymore if you are not in tech etc. I don't know why they don't just MOVE. She doesn't work and he has a job you could get anywhere. If they just moved out of the SF Bay Area they would probably pay a mortgage less than their rent for that tiny apartment. They just are both bad with money and enable eachother like children who just want to play house. That's cool, but don't even try and give advice on saving money for people actually want to do it like real adults.

ColdOne
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by ColdOne »

She is INSUFFERABLE lately. I'm half a minute into her beauty crushes video and she's being so fucking pedantic about the title. Who is she trying to win over with the new attitude? Calling them "crushes" is so edgy & cool? She's got romantic interest in a dry shampoo?

auntiflo13

Post by auntiflo13 »

They'd save money if they ate less....... I'm sorry but, it had to be said !
Stay home, stay safe & keep healthy <3

auntiflo13

Post by auntiflo13 »

Forgot to add..... we have beds identical to those that Cora and Mikey were sat on in the UK - they're £600 for a double bed (not just the mattress)...and they have different layers of foam and springs in them ...... on the 'big fig' website the retail price is about $3000 !!!!
Stay home, stay safe & keep healthy <3

Return to “U-Z”