Wanderer
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Cimorelli Pt 2

Post by engineer_grl »

ghostflusters wrote:
Sat Nov 14, 2020 9:42 am

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That's absolutely insane, did people actually buy those? I remember them making some videos like a private house concert vlog so I guess that makes sense that those people paid for that. Wow. That's true exploitation.

olivia_8
Lurker
Lurker

Post by olivia_8 »

traceyruru wrote:
Fri Nov 13, 2020 11:08 pm
robertmaklowicz wrote: What actually suprised me recently was when Lauren said on her ig story that she doesn't know how to read notes. I guess that's quite shocking, considering she plays the piano and from what I remember, she used to play the violin, and also all of them have developed some sense of musicality. I'm not saying it's necessary to know notes in order to play music or sing well, but it's definetely a helpful tool and I would consider learning it if I was having a career in music for such a long time.
As a musically inclined person myself, reading notes isn’t really necessary especially if you play by ear, which I’m pretty sure is what Lauren does. When it comes to a piece with vocal arrangements and she needs to learn it (which I think wouldn’t happen to her as a singer-songwriter), that’s where she’d encounter obstacles. She can survive without knowing it though. I’m not surprised too, she comes off as someone who knows at least the basics of music theory (which helps a lot in producing) and how to play the piano, so she’s all set with a mic, laptop and a keyboard.
Didn’t she say that she doesn’t know how to *write* sheet music though? Lisa said in a livestream from like 2017 i think that all of them can read notes because their mom taught them how to when she taught them to play the piano when they were all little, and then on snapchat she proceeded to say that she hates reading music, must be because she has perfect pitch and feels like she doesn’t need it lol. Anyway, from things all of the sisters have posted about rehearsing for choir over the years, i’ve seen all of them reading sheet music, including Lauren and two of the “little” brothers. I do agree that they probably play by ear most of the times though.

traceyruru
Lurker
Lurker

Post by traceyruru »

engineer_grl wrote:
ghostflusters wrote:

That's absolutely insane, did people actually buy those? I remember them making some videos like a private house concert vlog so I guess that makes sense that those people paid for that. Wow. That's true exploitation.
I wasn’t that aware of the band’s content but I used to follow some fans of theirs back in 2018. Yes, people actually bought the ice cream option. Not sure about the others ones.
olivia_8 wrote:
traceyruru wrote:
Fri Nov 13, 2020 11:08 pm
robertmaklowicz wrote: What actually suprised me recently was when Lauren said on her ig story that she doesn't know how to read notes. I guess that's quite shocking, considering she plays the piano and from what I remember, she used to play the violin, and also all of them have developed some sense of musicality. I'm not saying it's necessary to know notes in order to play music or sing well, but it's definetely a helpful tool and I would consider learning it if I was having a career in music for such a long time.
As a musically inclined person myself, reading notes isn’t really necessary especially if you play by ear, which I’m pretty sure is what Lauren does. When it comes to a piece with vocal arrangements and she needs to learn it (which I think wouldn’t happen to her as a singer-songwriter), that’s where she’d encounter obstacles. She can survive without knowing it though. I’m not surprised too, she comes off as someone who knows at least the basics of music theory (which helps a lot in producing) and how to play the piano, so she’s all set with a mic, laptop and a keyboard.
Didn’t she say that she doesn’t know how to *write* sheet music though? Lisa said in a livestream from like 2017 i think that all of them can read notes because their mom taught them how to when she taught them to play the piano when they were all little, and then on snapchat she proceeded to say that she hates reading music, must be because she has perfect pitch and feels like she doesn’t need it lol. Anyway, from things all of the sisters have posted about rehearsing for choir over the years, i’ve seen all of them reading sheet music, including Lauren and two of the “little” brothers. I do agree that they probably play by ear most of the times though.
Yes, she did say that she can’t write sheet music. I wasn’t sure which story they were referring to, just based my response from the post, sorry about that.

olivia_8
Lurker
Lurker

Post by olivia_8 »

Recently I’ve noticed that Lauren seems to be arranging their covers a lot more than she used to before Dani left, and Lisa would always be the one to arrange everything they did, so I was wondering your guys’ opinions on Lisa’s production skills? To me it seems like her strength is making piano tracks, as her original songs are mostly piano and the ones that aren’t, weren’t produced by just herself and she only seems to arrange covers when they’re piano only. Christina used to produce and write quite a lot too, don’t know what happened to that. I never really cared about Dani and Lauren until I listened to some of their solo stuff this past year and suddenly they seemed like the most talented (production wise and lyric wise tbh, not a big fan of Lisa’s or Christina’s songwriting) which was surprising to me as I always saw them as the two youngest that would just do whatever their older sisters were doing like the Malibu dynamic.

ackbellai
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by ackbellai »

opangatay wrote:
Fri Nov 13, 2020 6:00 pm
Is anyone on this planet surprised at all that quirky unique not like other girls Lisa has the most boring taste in baby names? Anyone?? Not even harping on the names I just think it’s hilarious that Lisa out of all five of them would have names like William and Abigail??? JESSICA is it 1985??

Nearly all their names were atrocious but Amy needs an intervention. The only ones most similar to my taste are Lauren’s and even those are questionable lol.

Lisa's baby names were so basic, it actually made me cringe. Can't get on board with ANY of them. Christina's were also basic but not necessarily offensive. Lauren's and Katherine's names were the best in my opinion - fairly modern but not weird. And Amy's names were just all over the place... I don't think she even knows what she likes.

Yummy2020
Learner
Learner

Post by Yummy2020 »

engineer_grl wrote:
Sat Nov 14, 2020 4:49 pm
ghostflusters wrote:

Yep, people bought the private house concerts. Cimorelli actually uploaded one to their YouTube:

mysterylovescompany
Learner
Learner

Post by mysterylovescompany »

I was bored and got curious about the baby names so I timestamped the more interesting bits of the podcast episode (under tags to save space).

17:08 - Christina asks "what's your philosophy on names?"
Lisa
-used to like wild names as a kid, like Xena or Hercules
-wide range of tastes, now simpler due to Chad's simple surname
-'simple, clean, classic'
Lauren
-a lot of names, maybe no philosophy
-certain names have a vibe
-names that sound like the person could be confident and a bit artistic
Christina
-names that are somewhat out of the ordinary but not TOO whimsical
Kath
-strong names (used to like flower names but has changed her mind since then)
-has to fit with Straneva
-has a cool nickname
Amy
-children to all have Catholic saint names OR all have city/state names OR have saint names for first names and city/state names for second names
-loves the idea of theme naming for siblings

(convo devolves after this, Kath suggests Alaska Rose, Amy suggests sisters named Michael and Montana)
22:17 - they begin going into specific names for girls
Lisa
-love the name Brooke but wants Brooklyn
-these are names that she loves but MIGHT be using
-Maxine, nickname Max (loves Max for a girl)
-Scarlett, nickname Scar
-Harper is 'so cute'
-always wanted to name a daughter after herself but now wants to do Lily Lisa
-Gabriella, Isabelle, Abigail, Grace, Jacqueline, Jessica, Kimberley
-Xena is a name she loves but will not be using (Amy: 'I wish you would!')
Lauren
-she made a video on her YT channel so won't include those names here
-more traditional boy names for girls
-girls' names: Chase, Forest, Adriana, Sicily, Lane (Amy: 'Lane is a great name')
-'I am not doing any weird names!'
-no wacky spellings
Christina
-two names she is 99% sure she's not using
-Christiana (but Nick doesn't like it)
-Christian for a girl (or a boy) but there is a name she's using that IS similar so she won't use Christian
Kath
-'strong girl names that can stand up to my last name'
-Tatiana, Valentina
-Eastern European, Italian and Scottish names
-Lachlan, Verona, Olympia
Amy
-Bridget
-Melanie (nickname Mel)
-Nova (but 'a bit too John Green')
-Cheyenne
-Charleston ('for a girl could be really fun')
-Indiana, California, Arizona, Tennessee, Alabama (nickname Bam?!), Dixie
28:25 - they start discussing boy names
Lisa
-not using Hercules, but loves it and wants someone else to use it
-James, but goes by Jimmy
-William, but goes by Billy (Amy: 'I would go by Will')
-Myles with a Y
-Raymond, nickname Ray
-Jake, Jack
Lauren
-'all these people could chop wood maybe'
-Gage, Hunter, Colton (nickname Colt), Vincenzo (nickname Enzo), Nate (short for Nathan)
Christina
-Noah (but Nick doesn't like it)
-Nick tends to like names based on people he knows irl
Kath
-'Max is more picky'
-Declan, Dec for short (but Max doesn't like it)
-Griffin ('sounds strong')
-Dante
Amy
-Hank ('so fun')
-Jack
-James
-twins named Dominic and Damon (but Damon is not a saint name and their mom says Damon sounds too much like Demon lol)
-Damian could work with Dominic
-Boston, Lincoln, Dakota, Carson
Conclusion: Lisa's tastes are more basic than I expected, Amy sounds like when I was 13 and went through a hippie name phase, and there are overall too many boy names being reappropriated to girl names (maybe because their family all have such traditionally male or female names?). Christina didn't give enough to judge, but I don't care for the name Barrett. My tastes are probably closest to Lisa but I wouldn't go quite so basic. All the other names are ones I'd struggle to use even for character names in fiction. None of them brought up name meanings, which I thought was surprising since that would definitely be an important factor for me.

stocktonslap209
Learner
Learner

Post by stocktonslap209 »

Does it ever bother yall how on the Cimorelli podcast the free episodes are "Baby names" but with Patreon it's episodes like "How to build self confidence" and "How to stand up for your self". A lot of the advice is super repetitive and bland too?? Like its from a motivational speaker or poster all better said than done.

traceyruru
Lurker
Lurker

Post by traceyruru »

stocktonslap209 wrote:Does it ever bother yall how on the Cimorelli podcast the free episodes are "Baby names" but with Patreon it's episodes like "How to build self confidence" and "How to stand up for your self". A lot of the advice is super repetitive and bland too?? Like its from a motivational speaker or poster all better said than done.
I agree. Back then, they were all right to me, I pick up a few advices and my English improves along the way, but I tried watching a more recent one and I’ve already heard all they’ve said three years ago. It’s like they’ve run out of topics to talk about.
Patreon used to be only one week earlier than the rest or something, that’s new for me. They should end the podcast if they’re just going to repeat the same things.

oddeyed
Wallflower
Wallflower

Post by oddeyed »

hi everyone! super new to posting here. i found this website because i was looking for the tea on the girls' political views, since dani has been bringing hers up so frequently lately. given what lisa has said on tumblr and what dani has said recently, the answer to my question is a little disappointing :(

anyway! re: the girls' relationships

nick & christina are a good fit and will stand the test of time.

kath & max also seem like they balance each other out.

lisa will realize she made a big mistake marrying chad and regret it immensely in about a year's time and do nothing about it.

dani & emmyn can go either way. they're super young... maybe too young. i feel like there's a lot we're missing with their situation. i wish we could know what's really going on. i used to really not like emmyn bc i thought he was controlling and not good for dani; but through dani's vlogs and their channel i've seen dani open up and she seems a lot happier now. maybe it's the effect of leaving a suffocating household or maybe it's the honeymoon stage, but either way i'm happy for her.

i also agree with everyone saying that the quality of their covers and content has gone down recently. they're focused on their merch. although that's good for them, we didn't follow them for their clothing brand, we followed them for music.

coolkitty
Learner
Learner

Post by coolkitty »

Omg...
The fact that a few of the sisters (Christina and Lisa, if I recall correctly) say that they are the closest to Mike out of all their brothers gives me such a sour taste in my mouth.

stocktonslap209
Learner
Learner

WOW I can't believe they would charge for something like eat ice cream with us. Cimorelli is maddd exploitative.

Do you guys think that Lisa would do something drastic -besides putting out music- in response to Chad cheating on her (if he does, which he probably will). Do you think she'll shave her hair again or continuously dye her hair once every two weeks?

Is there anything strange the girls do that make you question their style? Like I always question why does Lauren draw her eyebrow so far out down the end of her eye.

stocktonslap209
Learner
Learner

Does Lisa's music bother any of you? She has such an amazing voice but her lyrics lack creativity!

It sounds like she is reading what she wrote in her diary. Terrible arrangement and just saying words she wants to get out.

Not to mention her songs about Chad where she admits being so damaged and broken but then this guy comes along and "ask her how she's doing" and "takes the time to get to know her" then its suddenly "all too much". Like girl its the BARE MINIMUM.

I thought the sisters were about standing up for yourselves and not needing a man to save you but I guess not.

ackbellai
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by ackbellai »

stocktonslap209 wrote:
Mon Nov 16, 2020 9:37 am
Does Lisa's music bother any of you? She has such an amazing voice but her lyrics lack creativity!

It sounds like she is reading what she wrote in her diary. Terrible arrangement and just saying words she wants to get out.

Not to mention her songs about Chad where she admits being so damaged and broken but then this guy comes along and "ask her how she's doing" and "takes the time to get to know her" then its suddenly "all too much". Like girl its the BARE MINIMUM.

I thought the sisters were about standing up for yourselves and not needing a man to save you but I guess not.
Yeah, Lisa's music is awful. Not anything I would ever listen to. Turns out having a good voice will only get you so far! :FU:

oddeyed
Wallflower
Wallflower

Post by oddeyed »

coolkitty wrote:
Mon Nov 16, 2020 8:51 am

Omg...
The fact that a few of the sisters (Christina and Lisa, if I recall correctly) say that they are the closest to Mike out of all their brothers gives me such a sour taste in my mouth.
ugh, that's awful, though not surprising coming from him. i also wouldn't be surprised if lisa and christina are the closest to him.

westerossi
Lurker
Lurker

Post by westerossi »

I had no idea that there was so much drama surrounding cimorelli. I looked for this toppic because I heard some questionable things on cimorelli and Dani's personal videos. I remember watching Dani's video about her drinking, smoking weed and etc while she was still in the band. Also feeling the pressure that she needs to keep up with the image that she is perfect and have never tasted alcohol in her life. I feel like her admiting this is fair and I appreciate it greatly. I drink alcohol myself (I'm not underage) and I don't have a problem with it. Where I smell drama is in the most recent Cimorelli video "ANSWERING YOUR ASSUMPTIONS ABOUT US." at 4:27 Lisa literally pretends to talk as Dani and shades that she pretended to be different than she was in real life and drank alcohol but couldn't tell anyone. Is it just me or was it literally shade?? Opinions??
Futhermore, at 14:05 Kath says that their family makes each other a priority... right... so what about Dani?What about thanks giving.

Also, I had no knowledge about Lisa's husband. He was married twice before??? Where do you get all the tea from? Please tell me more because I don't know anything about his past, cheating and etc.

mysterylovescompany
Learner
Learner

Post by mysterylovescompany »

westerossi wrote:
Tue Nov 17, 2020 4:02 am
Also, I had no knowledge about Lisa's husband. He was married twice before??? Where do you get all the tea from? Please tell me more because I don't know anything about his past, cheating and etc.
His name is Chad Gilbert (from the band New Found Glory) and Lisa has regularly tagged his account on insta. Google him! Here's a tabloid article that gives you a starting point.

https://www.cheatsheet.com/entertainmen ... rned.html/

westerossi
Lurker
Lurker

Post by westerossi »

I almost feel stupid that I didn't know that he was a musician as well. I thought he was just some christian dude she met and decided to get married after a few months. I have such a bad feeling about this marriage and I honestly feel sorry for Lisa and still hope that this works out for her. She probably has doubts as well but she will never express them.
Is it just me or Lisa getting married was kind of a rush because Christina got married, then Kath got engaged and Dani got married also. It feels as though she wanted to be a part of the married club.

stocktonslap209
Learner
Learner

westerossi wrote:
Tue Nov 17, 2020 6:39 am
I almost feel stupid that I didn't know that he was a musician as well. I thought he was just some christian dude she met and decided to get married after a few months. I have such a bad feeling about this marriage and I honestly feel sorry for Lisa and still hope that this works out for her. She probably has doubts as well but she will never express them.
Is it just me or Lisa getting married was kind of a rush because Christina got married, then Kath got engaged and Dani got married also. It feels as though she wanted to be a part of the married club.
I think it's more than that. She falls for a guy like Chad and stays with him because she is emotionally immature and stunted.
I'm also guessing she chose a basic dress because nowadays more girls are choosing dresses with designs and the way to stand out is to choose the plain one idk.
Does anyone know if she is Catholic or Christian because the church she was married in didn't look like a Catholic Church correct me if I am wrong.

Return to “Music”