Tessa Violet

BailaBaby
Learner
Learner
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Tessa Violet

Post by BailaBaby »

When I watched her years ago, it was for her vlog style content cause she was just a nerd with the popular humour at the time. She did lipsync videos to music and I was obsessed with the one she did for Dont Unplug Me, Haha. Then she randomly latched onto being a waify fashion colour haired indie girl with the indie girl °weLcOme tO mY KitChEn°~` voice and it has never suited her because she has no singing talent whatsoever. Anyone can be made to sound the way she does with production and autotune. Everything about her singing is cringe inducing and awful.

andreyisnthere
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by andreyisnthere »

I met Tessa last fall and my experience was that she was very polite & kind. I think she has a lot of work to do if she wants to actually have longevity in her career as a vocalist however.

annoyinglurker
Learner
Learner

Post by annoyinglurker »

andreyisnthere wrote:
Fri Aug 02, 2019 10:53 am
I met Tessa last fall and my experience was that she was very polite & kind. I think she has a lot of work to do if she wants to actually have longevity in her career as a vocalist however.
yeah the way that person never responded to us makes me believe they were probably making it up.

pickledpambeesly
Wallflower
Wallflower

Post by pickledpambeesly »

i remember that i used to like her music like two years ago. i'm not really a fan anymore. her voice is really squeaky, kind of whiney. she seems like shes probably not that nice in irl, too.

ephemeral_ardor
Learner
Learner

Post by ephemeral_ardor »

i like her music despite her uNiQUe voice but she seems so desperate to become mainstream like ughhhh no thx
with love, bitch :love2:

Onelongfurby
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by Onelongfurby »

ephemeral_ardor wrote:
Fri Aug 09, 2019 8:02 pm
i like her music despite her uNiQUe voice but she seems so desperate to become mainstream like ughhhh no thx
Yep, this pretty much sums her up completely
:HK: I’m kind of a major bitch :HK:

annoyinglurker
Learner
Learner

Post by annoyinglurker »

her bangs are way too thick for her face.

ephemeral_ardor
Learner
Learner

Post by ephemeral_ardor »

the lyrics to games by tessa violet is on genius and uhhh there's nothing unique about it compared to what she's been releasing lately. She has so much talent and potential, so why does she keep doing the same thing just slightly different? Let's be honest, I'll still listen to it on repeat so who's the clown now.
with love, bitch :love2:

Onelongfurby
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by Onelongfurby »

ephemeral_ardor wrote:
Fri Sep 06, 2019 8:52 pm
the lyrics to games by tessa violet is on genius and uhhh there's nothing unique about it compared to what she's been releasing lately. She has so much talent and potential, so why does she keep doing the same thing just slightly different? Let's be honest, I'll still listen to it on repeat so who's the clown now.
For real, when I was reading through the lyrics I instinctively read it in the tune of her last song and it fit almost perfectly. And it doesn’t help that it’s the exact same, content wise.

sniffingoutdanger
Learner
Learner

Post by sniffingoutdanger »

does anyone think that i like the idea of you sounds like the pop version of cool by soccer mommy? especially the chorus imo, i only recently got into soccer mommy but when i heard cool i was like "havent i heard this from somewhere before"
im not saying that tessa copied her btw... just thought the similarities were very clear
just like a bad dream you'll disappear
another map turns blue
mirror on mirror
and i imagine you taking me out of here
to deepen our love
it isn't even a fraction

Justmyopinions9
Wallflower
Wallflower

Post by Justmyopinions9 »

Thoughts on her new song “games”? I liked it

annoyinglurker
Learner
Learner

Post by annoyinglurker »

Justmyopinions9 wrote:
Mon Sep 30, 2019 7:18 pm
Thoughts on her new song “games”? I liked it
i only listened to half the song, but imo it's ok. there's just nothing special about it to me and the lyrical content was extremely to similar to dodie's new song (the last part isn't a criticism by the way, just something i noticed).

iambicpulse
Learner
Learner

Post by iambicpulse »

Justmyopinions9 wrote:Thoughts on her new song “games”? I liked it
Surprised by how much I like it. I haven't been that into her last few songs but this one grabbed me in a way the others didn't.

Sent from my STF-L09 using Tapatalk

NastySkankBitch
Learner
Learner

Post by NastySkankBitch »

I'm gonna fangirl a bit but I loved Games! Tessa is the one musician/YouTuber that has actually never disappointed me, I liked some of her songs more than others but they are all super catchy. I can't help but to compare it with Dodie's new song, they have a different sound obviously, but I feel like Dodie was trying to go for a similarly strong chorus but her voice is too weak for that and it just didn't work for me.

Onelongfurby
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by Onelongfurby »

For what she was trying to do with the I like the idea of you video (taking inspiration from these boots are made for walking by Nancy Sinatra) is it just me, or does anyone think games would have fit the video more? And ILTIOY fit the games video concept more?

booklover101
Stalker
Stalker

Post by booklover101 »

I think Games is too slow to dance to like the ILTIOY video but I'm not really a dancer so I don't really know.

I loved the intro to Games, I thought it sounded unique but when I heard the whole song I found it underwhelming, the chorus especially so. I'm also bored by Tessa drawing out the album release over a year. Does she really expect fans to be in a constant state of hype for a whole year? I have a life to lead, Tessa, I'm not hanging on your every drop. It's worn down my patience massively to hear months of 'please pre-save X,Y, Z on Spotify, itunes etc etc'. I'm not sure the album will live up to the trail of hype either which is a shame because I've liked her stuff in the past and I enjoyed Crush.

MoodyToad
Learner
Learner

Post by MoodyToad »

I wish she’d grow out that Johnny Depp Willy Wonka haircut she has going on, it’s grim lmao

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Onelongfurby
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by Onelongfurby »

MoodyToad wrote:
Mon Nov 18, 2019 9:50 am
I wish she’d grow out that Johnny Depp Willy Wonka haircut she has going on, it’s grim lmao

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Same, she looks so much better with longer hair. Even if it was just down to her shoulders like in her “year of bad ideas” video it would still be a huge improvement

annoyinglurker
Learner
Learner

Post by annoyinglurker »

it's not even the length. her bangs are way too thick.

Return to “Music”