Conan Gray

idontknow

Conan Gray

Post by idontknow »

I'm not sure if he can be qualified as a "YouTube Personality", but he has close to 400k subscribers. I didn't want to put him in the "trash" or "rave" section, because I just want to know people's thoughts on him, good or bad, and he's also not a guru. He's still pretty small, but he's been mentioned a few times by other YouTubers before.

He's similar to Cat Creature, in a way.

frxnkcxstle
Learner
Learner
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Conan Gray

Post by frxnkcxstle »

I think he is a bit of a wanna-be Troye.

takenkraken
Learner
Learner

Post by takenkraken »

I like him!! I think he's really creative, and he's only 18! And even though sometimes I feel his videos are a bit long, but idk, I like him :)

thecalcographer
Learner
Learner

Post by thecalcographer »

I love Conan, he's one of the only vloggers I still watch regularly. He seems really genuine, I like his outlook on life, and I always find his videos are really aesthetically pleasing.

godzillasagna
Lurker
Lurker

Post by godzillasagna »

i just really hope he stays true to himself (and the channel). i didn't watch him often but i adore how talented he is

idontknow

Post by idontknow »

godzillasagna wrote:i just really hope he stays true to himself (and the channel). i didn't watch him often but i adore how talented he is
He is definitely very talented. He could go far if he stays consistent with his work, which is seems like he is planning to. He works super hard for how young he is and I find that admirable.

iregretthis
Learner
Learner

Post by iregretthis »

I just wish he'd get to the point quicker. I tend to just watch his vids on 2x speed or not at all.

toastedmushroom
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by toastedmushroom »

I discovered his videos recently and while he's super talented and motivated, his more recent vlogs have felt so focused on being an "aesthetic arty lgbtq flower boy" that it isn't genuine and entertaining anymore unfortunately

ItsAndrew
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by ItsAndrew »

I am pretty sure he got his start (i.e. his first like 50k subscribers) from Joey Graceffa shouting him out in a video. At least that is how I remember finding him way back when. Just check his channel again (after forgetting he existed for forever) and wow, he has really grown in terms of subscribers and such.

idontknow

Post by idontknow »

I'm a little sad that he's getting totally into music and putting art on the back burner for the most part. I feel like he has so much potential in his art.

tarian
Learner
Learner

Post by tarian »

I think it will be interesting to see what his music will sound like when it is professionally produced but I hope he gets rid of that overly airy sound he has in some of the music he has produced on his yotube channel and his exaggeration with his simple runs. Nonetheless, I am excited to hear what will come out of his EP.

lowerclasslee
Wallflower
Wallflower

Post by lowerclasslee »

omg have you guys seen his genius explanation of The King? he plays the pronouns game soooo hard. i think he tweeted a while ago that basically he didn’t wanna be put on a box but 👀 that’s gay/bi activity in my book

niceworm
Wallflower
Wallflower

Post by niceworm »

it looks like he's really going places with his music! I'm not as into his new aesthetic or sound anymore but it's cool that he's moving forward and getting some public recognition

jewelmark
Wallflower
Wallflower

Post by jewelmark »

damn I really hope that he’s happy and that this new aesthetic is authentic because sometimes it feels put-upon. It’s like he’s being purposefully edgy with these tank tops and constant scowls at the camera. I know it’s hard to move away from one style (like the bubbly artsy youtube conan he used to present) but I worry he’s just over-correcting with his music persona

idontknow

Post by idontknow »

Have you guys seen Dustin Vuong's videos on YouTube? It's actually kind of creepy how much of a skinwalker he is. He pretty much took all of Conan's old videos and is replicating them. He copied Conan's room, he does art, tries to sing but doesn't seem to be very good, he even went as far as to perm his hair curly like Conan's. He edits his videos exactly the same, and his Instagram feed looks identical to Conan's old feed before his aesthetic switch. It creeps me out the extent he's going to replicate him.

I don't think anyone really checks this thread anymore, but I didn't know where to put this and I had to tell someone lmao

niceworm
Wallflower
Wallflower

Post by niceworm »

idontknow wrote:
Fri Mar 13, 2020 8:21 pm
Have you guys seen Dustin Vuong's videos on YouTube? It's actually kind of creepy how much of a skinwalker he is. He pretty much took all of Conan's old videos and is replicating them. He copied Conan's room, he does art, tries to sing but doesn't seem to be very good, he even went as far as to perm his hair curly like Conan's. He edits his videos exactly the same, and his Instagram feed looks identical to Conan's old feed before his aesthetic switch. It creeps me out the extent he's going to replicate him.

I don't think anyone really checks this thread anymore, but I didn't know where to put this and I had to tell someone lmao
oh my god he’s got the same exact wall art... and it looks like he’s even wearing those blue striped pajamas Conan used to wear? yikes

Return to “Music”