Sandra Bland

la_pura_verdad
Learner
Learner
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Sandra Bland

Post by la_pura_verdad »

What do you guys think about all of this ?

She was found dead after allegedly committing suicide by hanging in her cell. I find it hard to believe that a woman who is telling the arresting officer that she "can't wait to go to court" would kill herself.. and with a garbage bag no less. Would it even support the weight of a woman who is 6ft tall ? I'm going to assume they were using any old generic garbage can liner....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sylvanas
Informer
Informer

Re: Sandra Bland

Post by Sylvanas »

Everything about it is sketchy for sure. If you watch the video he forced her out of the car and wouldn't tell her why she was under arrest, which is illegal. Also garbage cans aren't allowed in cells because they can't be bolted down.

la_pura_verdad
Learner
Learner

Post by la_pura_verdad »

My thoughts exactly... He can't just ask her to get out of the car for not putting out her cigarette, much less force her out of it. This looks like a man who took her as someone who was questioning his authority and in a sense... how could she not ? Police officers are trained to deescalate a situation; he did none of that. Yeah the whole thing just seems so shady, I don't buy it.

Oscarwilde
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Oscarwilde »

She hung on a 5ft pole when she is 6 ft. Yeah she didn't kill herself. Its also impossible to suffocate yourself.

la_pura_verdad
Learner
Learner

Post by la_pura_verdad »

I've heard people trying to claim that it is possible she used dropped her weight after she fastened the garbage bag "noose" around her neck. I call BS for sure.. What are your thoughts on the mug shot being taken after her death ? If that is true........... I wouldn't even know where to begin

SpringDuck
Informer
Informer

Post by SpringDuck »

Wow what a messed up situation. So much about it just doesn't add up. I can't believe the cop didn't even say what she was being arrested for.
:toad:

giannabanana
Informer
Informer

Post by giannabanana »

Please before you make assumptions think about what you are doing! As a mixed race woman myself, it is hard for me to watch clips and here about how badly a black woman was treated, as it was obviously because of the colour of her skin. However, she also has family and friends who are grieving in a way that nobody could imagine right now and I'm sure they would rather not hear the assumptions and conspiracy theories people are coming up with, although it does look like it wasn't suicide. I'm sure they already realised this was the case when they heard about it and heard a timeline of events of what happened. Let them be the ones who ask these questions as I'm sure they would rather not here different stories from each different person that they have never met. Like I said I am mixed race (half black, half white) so I am all for raising awareness and fighting racism that is obviously still being used by SOME white people (I capitalised the some because I have heard some terrible things said about white people recently, and it seems a lot of people are painting white people with the same brush which is unfair), so I completely understand how passionate people can get and believe me, the anger I have felt about her death is unbelievable. Saying things like 'RIP Sandra Bland' 'Black Lives Matter' and 'Justice for Sandra' is perfectly fine and obviously the family will be comforted by this, but remember she is someone's daughter, sister, friend and so on and I'm sure they don't want to be hearing different stories and theories every few minutes about their own loved one's death. If it's not investigated properly or there is an unfair outcome in all of this, then by all means, kick off and do everything in your power to make sure justice is served but in the mean time, let her family and friends ask the questions, let them challenge the police and just let them know that they and Sandra are in your thoughts and prayers. I heard 3-4 different stories yesterday about what might have happened by different people who were absolutely sure they were correct (all 3-4 different stories can't be correct) I know if it was my sister's death that was being speculated about online and if there were complete strangers saying what they think happened, quite frankly I would be traumatised hearing numerous different stories about what terrible things must have happened to her in that cell and not knowing what the true story is.
Rant over but it obviously goes without saying, Rest in peace Sandra Bland, I hope you are in a better place and I hope to God justice is served and we can all finally do something about the racism so many innocent people are losing their lives to.
(I hope this didn't come across as rude or nasty and I hope it came out in the way I wanted it to but please remember she has grieving family and friends who most of all need our prayers and support, not conflicting assumptions)

Pastel
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Pastel »

giannabanana, I see where you're coming from, and I guess I agree to a certain extent.
Most of the stuff I've seen has just been people going "this really doesn't add up"/"the police handled this so terribly", but I agree that going into full-on theories about what happened after the footage could definitely be a bit much for the family. At the same time, I think I'd personally appreciate the awareness of the situation - although I can't say that for sure, since I fortunately haven't been in their situation.

Investigation is for sure needed, and it's so important that this is not forgotten. So many instances point to a systematic issue with the police force, and I'm afraid this is all far from over. :(

Return to “News and Current Events”