[video][/video]

Popupghost
Lurker
Lurker
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: BeautyCrush - Part 9

Post by Popupghost »

We all have imperfections, and Ladypete I'm glad you didn't let the bullies win!. It is hard to embrace imperfections however I don't think Sams forehead is that bad for her to hide it. Instead of spending money on designer bags she needs to invest money on a decent weave and colour. She also needs to dump that hairdresser!

agiev
Debater
Debater

Post by agiev »

OK one of my biggest issues with sams blog and the fact that she brands herself as a fashion blogger etc is that she LITERALLY doesn't own a steamer. Her clothes are always wrinkly, and they look unwashed and pretty much like she got them out of the dirty clothes hamper. Same with her hair, it''s the little details that take her outfit from an 8 to a 5. Her shit is always wrinkly and her hair is always ratty, it's terrible.

Anyway, this came up because she was doing a whats in my bag and she had a random powder brush floating around in there.. and spare change and other dirty bullshit. If this designer bag is a huge milestone for you why are you treating it as poorly as all your free clothes/your nasty hair?

trina32
Learner
Learner

Post by trina32 »

I had to laugh at the big deal she made out of her "first designer bag ever."(which is beautiful, v tasteful) We know it was expensive, which is fine, but dont try to be fake humble/ saying you never thought youd be able to afford it. She then proceeds to open the bag and pull out Miu Miu Sunglasses, a Chanel card holder, Tom Ford/YSL/Charlotte Tilbury cosmetics, like clearly youre not pinching pennies Sam....

biggossipyswampy
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by biggossipyswampy »

She looks really lovely in the YSL bag video. That shouldn't be noteworthy... but it is given her record lately.

evilgremlin
Learner
Learner

Post by evilgremlin »

What Sammi's, Estee's, etc rebranding has been reminding me of lately:

[video][/video]

bitchesbelike
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by bitchesbelike »

I still do not understand how her subscriber count is climbing...when I first started following her she was exciting but now I don't think she puts out as much good content as she was going 3 years ago!

cestsara
Wallflower
Wallflower

Post by cestsara »

I actually really like Sammi, however this new direction she's going in with her entire look/brand is just... tiring. It might just be me, but seeing her dress so chic, minimal, clean, and "rich" seems so, so contrived! I miss when she was more grunge-y, with a side of this style she is exuding now. Idk. I almost feel fake saying that though because I myself like the style she's going for. Just not on her.

taniacci123
Learner
Learner

Post by taniacci123 »

bitchesbelike wrote:I still do not understand how her subscriber count is climbing...when I first started following her she was exciting but now I don't think she puts out as much good content as she was going 3 years ago!
Comparing other youtubers her videos are really bad..

username11
Stalker
Stalker

Post by username11 »

This is my first post ever! I actually really like Sammi. I just really wish she would take better care of herself considering her outward appearance is what makes her money. Why is it so hard for her to take care of weaves? There is virtually no work in styling it yet she looks as if she got electrocuted all the time! And her skin. We all have some sort of skin issues but I took it upon myself to see a dermatologist. Why can't she? Invest in yourself, girl!

mixedgirl2134
Wallflower
Wallflower

Post by mixedgirl2134 »

Sammi is a pretty girl but lorddddd her hair looks so deep fried.. Even when it is brand new.. Her black friends need to give her some advice cause hell if i was her friend i won't let her go outside like that.. The top of her hair is not installed the right way, go to a dominican hair salon and get a proper sew in goddamn! Her hair looks like it smells bad as well because she doesnt wash her hair between the braids.. She needs to wash her hair at the salon!!!! Ugh i can't imagine the smell...

jimi
Informer
Informer

Post by jimi »

trina32 wrote:I had to laugh at the big deal she made out of her "first designer bag ever."(which is beautiful, v tasteful) We know it was expensive, which is fine, but dont try to be fake humble/ saying you never thought youd be able to afford it. She then proceeds to open the bag and pull out Miu Miu Sunglasses, a Chanel card holder, Tom Ford/YSL/Charlotte Tilbury cosmetics, like clearly youre not pinching pennies Sam....
I totally thought this too haha. And then she recently got another new bag from BET Barcelona (which I looked up; they are not cheap). You'd think after splurging on a designer bag, an investment piece, she would go easy on the bags for a bit. I'm really missing the kind of people who save hard-earned money for something nice, but stay grounded and humble with other material items. But I guess with YT money rolling in, it's difficult to not just go ahead and buy things you want.

EDIT: This is the bag she got - https://www.wolfandbadger.com/uk/hestia ... eral-blue/ (Converted to USD, it's almost $450)

canislupus
Learner
Learner

Post by canislupus »

I was watching some of her old videos and thought that she looked so much younger and happier then (not to mention better weave imo).
Also I think that now when she has kinda adapted to Jasons lifestyle and eating (so much meat etc), she has gone so much bulkier. I'm not saying that her body is ugly now or that she is fat, but it seems to me, that she has gone from a petite lady to bulkier and bigger. She looks still pretty now, but I personaly think that she looked better before. (not to mention the horrid weave she has now :) )

(about 2 years ago)

Popupghost
Lurker
Lurker

Post by Popupghost »

Well she just mentioned in her latest vlog that she's getting her hair done on Friday. Wow...

snarkvark
Informer
Informer

Post by snarkvark »

canislupus wrote:I was watching some of her old videos and thought that she looked so much younger and happier then (not to mention better weave imo).
Also I think that now when she has kinda adapted to Jasons lifestyle and eating (so much meat etc), she has gone so much bulkier. I'm not saying that her body is ugly now or that she is fat, but it seems to me, that she has gone from a petite lady to bulkier and bigger. She looks still pretty now, but I personaly think that she looked better before. (not to mention the horrid weave she has now :) )
Let's put things into perspective here, Sammi is in her early twenties? Of course her body has changed since two years ago - people's bodies change as they get older especially when they go from teenagers to adults. I think she looks good and I don't think it's really got anything to do with Jason but more to do with her lifestyle changing overall.

potnoodlegirl
Informer
Informer

Post by potnoodlegirl »

I don't know where she lives now, but moving out of central-ish London to what seems like a house in the suburbs of a town with nobody but Jason nearby wasn't good for her. She's always down and bored. She was a little like this before but being able to be straight into a big city seemed to instantly cheer her up

potnoodlegirl
Informer
Informer

Post by potnoodlegirl »

potnoodlegirl wrote:I don't know where she lives now, but moving out of central-ish London to what seems like a house in the suburbs of a town with nobody but Jason nearby wasn't good for her. She's always down and bored. She was a little like this before but being able to be out the door and straight into a big city seemed to instantly cheer her up

wendy_wong
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by wendy_wong »

BrideOfFrankenstein
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by BrideOfFrankenstein »

Long time reader, first time poster here! I really like Sammi, but there are certain things about her that annoy me SO much that I just can’t help myself and HAVE to post here! One of those things is definitely her spending. I mean, I’m all for the whole ‘’you can do whatever you want with your own money’’ thing, and I myself spend quite a lot of money on clothes and accessories too, but her (and Jason’s) spending is just through the roof! For example:

1. She’s bought at least six pairs of shoes during the past two months, most of which were not on the cheap side.

2. She’s bought a pair of Miu Miu sunglasses – a buy that’d make most people think ‘’might need to take it easy on the spending the next couple of months’’ – then proceeds to buy TWO pairs of Quay sunglasses, which aren’t super cheap either.

3. She buys a YSL bag – and makes a huge deal out of how big a buy it was for her – then, pretty much right afterwards, buys a BET Barcelona bag!

4. They need to rent an actual storage space to store all their crap? I mean, come on!

5. Coffee.

Meanwhile Sam still refuses to spend money on a good weave + dye + install + haircare products. I know she said she’s gonna get a new weave soon, but that doesn’t mean anything because she’s just going to dye ’n fry the sh*t out of it right away anyway.

Sorry for the long rant guys!

NocnaPtica
Talker
Talker

Post by NocnaPtica »

Why don't they buy a new coffee machine? :?

Return to “BeautyCrush”