BeautyCrush part 7

Cherry_91
Learner
Learner
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: BeautyCrush part 7

Post by Cherry_91 »

^not sure how it is in the UK, but there's usually more to prove in a slander case than someone just saying untrue things about someone else. Which is why I'm inclined to believe Sam. Slander is a pretty serious thing and I don't think she would jeopardize her youtube career just to spread lies on the internet. But that's just me.

But I think, at the end of the day, this whole thing is a reminder that, at the very least, us ladies need to look out for one another. Abuse is quite serious and so many women have passed away because they couldn't get help or be protected from their abusers.

sinistersmile
Informer
Informer

Post by sinistersmile »

Abused victims in general, not just women, should step up and talk yes I agree but not on the internet. That only creates more problem and could ruin a person. I'm not defending abusers btw.
Last edited by sinistersmile on Wed Aug 27, 2014 1:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tarra
Learner
Learner

BeautyCrush part 7

Post by Tarra »

sinistersmile wrote:Oookay......0_o that proves what exactly!?.......?

I do believe Ricky as he was the most mature and kept things private that were meant to be private. He spoke truthfully imo and still hasn't dragged her in the dirt with him. She and her boyfriend are slandering him and I would sue if she is infact being untruthful. I still have yet once to call her liar. I believe that she is exaggerating the situation, used it as an excuse to break up with him and continues to "ride" on it. But that's me, I don't know what happened nor do I give a shit what happened. ;)

If I had abused someone I'd like to keep that a private thing too.. Obviously. I would also say "I did not abuse or physically hurt [insert person] ever".. If someone wrongly accused me of that.. Just the fact that he could not say that, is a warning sign in itself. Who would NOT make it 100% clear they did not? Why on earth would you not?

You are constantly contradicting yourself, going back on what you said.. And for some supicious reason blindly believes Ricky.. Are you his sister or just a bad troll ?

Cherry_91
Learner
Learner

Post by Cherry_91 »

Well, in this modern age, the internet is becoming more and more of a place to discuss sensitive issues because of the reach, and it is also a (maybe not 100% reliable) source of news. Almost everyone uses the internet and can stumble across places for oppressed people to voice their experiences and concerns with whatever they're being oppressed by. Whether we like it or not, the internet is becoming an acceptable forum to voice things. If we don't get everyone's experiences with something negative out there in same way or another (youtube video, comment on an article, etc.), some hardships that affects groups of people will never be brought to light, or will take a while to reach televised news, or will be trivialized because "not many people are affected." As we continue to progress in this age of technology, the internet is a turning into a great place to expose injustices and oppressive behavior/events/etc., and to help open people eyes or provide support to someone who was suffering in silence.

I'm not trying to argue with you sinistersmile, because that implies I'm trying to change your mind. I have no intention of doing that because everyone is entitled to feel or think however they want. I just wanted to provide an additional different prospective.

sinistersmile
Informer
Informer

Post by sinistersmile »

I understand and appreciate your kindness thank you.

To me it's like instead of focusing on the issue and spreading awareness all she did was defame the guy. Didn't focus on the issue, just made sure she had the last word and defended herself against his video. If you're gonna make a video about that issue then do it proudly, help spread awareness, tell victims of abuse to reach out and help others fight against it. She went about it all the wrong way and now look.

I'm not at all defending him or any abuser I'm just naturally a person that sees all sides.

Cherry_91
Learner
Learner

Post by Cherry_91 »

sinistersmile wrote:
To me it's like instead of focusing on the issue and spreading awareness all she did was defame the guy. Didn't focus on the issue, just made sure she had the last word and defended herself against his video. If you're gonna make a video about that issue then do it proudly, help spread awareness, tell victims of abuse to reach out and help others fight against it. She went about it all the wrong way and now look.
Yeah, I get what you mean. I suppose the way she did it just adds to the whole "retaliation video" type deal that was mentioned earlier. I think it would have been a nice professional touch if she had included any hotlines, addresses to shelters, abuse statistics, or any other things of that nature. But I also get that she was mostly just angry and upset about the rumors and accusations and just wanted to shut it all that down with her video.

pizzaparties
Informer
Informer

Post by pizzaparties »

sinistersmile wrote:I understand and appreciate your kindness thank you.

I'm not at all defending him or any abuser I'm just naturally a person that sees all sides.
What kind of proof do you need? Does she need to make a video with dates, times, gory details, and perhaps some photos? But at that point you would probably have the nerve to say they might be Photoshopped or she "could still be lying". When you're "neutral" in a situation like this, you are automatically siding with the abuser because you're saying you need details to even consider believing the victim. There is no such thing as neutrality in a situation like this without defending the perpetrator.

I am SO HAPPY Sam spoke up about her experience because Ricky is a piece of shit and now the entire world can know what a disgusting coward he was. The fact that he has not denied he was abusive says all that needs to be said. This deserves to be out there, under the victims conditions. Silence only encourages the perpetrators. So many people look up to Sam and I know her speaking up about this will encourage others to seek help if they are in abusive relationships.

dazzle
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by dazzle »

"if you are neutral in situations of injustice, you have chosen the side of the oppressor." It's not like it's someone close to you like your brother or father or even best friend where it'd be at least partly understandable that you want to be neutral. Honestly, some people in this thread piss me off so much and need to get their heads out of their asses.
I'd rather drink a cup of acid after chewing on a razor blade.

sinistersmile
Informer
Informer

Post by sinistersmile »

pizzaparties wrote:

What kind of proof do you need? Does she need to make a video with dates, times, gory details, and perhaps some photos? But at that point you would probably have the nerve to say they might be Photoshopped or she "could still be lying". When you're "neutral" in a situation like this, you are automatically siding with the abuser because you're saying you need details to even consider believing the victim. There is no such thing as neutrality in a situation like this without defending the perpetrator.

I am SO HAPPY Sam spoke up about her experience because Ricky is a piece of shit and now the entire world can know what a disgusting coward he was. The fact that he has not denied he was abusive says all that needs to be said. This deserves to be out there, under the victims conditions. Silence only encourages the perpetrators. So many people look up to Sam and I know her speaking up about this will encourage others to seek help if they are in abusive relationships.
Why is my opinion bothering you so deeply? You don't have to agree or accept it, that's the beauty of having one's own opinion. :rofl: Stop getting your panties all twisted, as it's not that serious.

agreatperhaps
Informer
Informer

Post by agreatperhaps »

it doesn't matter whose "side" you are on (although if you're siding with ricky, you're automatically a shitty person, sorry) - the fact is nobody should be on anybody's side. we shouldn't know anything about this at all. sammi didn't want anyone to know, and jason went against her wishes and told the entire world just to prove the point that he is the "better man". i support sammi entirely in this situation, and if you truly support her and wish her the best, i don't think you should agree with or commend jason's actions. the fact that we are discussing this against sam's original wishes is entirely his fault.

agreatperhaps
Informer
Informer

Post by agreatperhaps »

sinistersmile wrote:
pizzaparties wrote:

Why is my opinion bothering you so deeply? You don't have to agree or accept it, that's the beauty of having one's own opinion. :rofl: Stop getting your panties all twisted, as it's not that serious.
... you really need to stop saying it's not serious. this is a really serious issue. and people are trying to explain to you how harmful it is to disbelieve somebody who has so bravely spoken out about their experiences with issues like this. victims of any kind of abuse need all the support they can get, and speculating that somebody is "exaggerating" or siding with their abuser - because yes, that is what he is - is a horrible thing to do.

pizzaparties
Informer
Informer

Post by pizzaparties »

sinistersmile wrote:
pizzaparties wrote:

So on what grounds do you find it appropriate to believe someone when they say they have been abused? If your future daughter or a friend comes to you to seek help because they are in an abusive relationship, how would you respond? Would they need to end up in the hospital with severe injuries before you would consider it serious? This isn't a rhetorical question- I genuinely want to know your answer.

FrozenLeaves
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by FrozenLeaves »

Some of these comments are beyond fucked up.
Sam shouldn't speak up on the internet b/c it'll "slander" Ricky? :?
Fuck Ricky. If he hit her his ass needs to be called out. I'm all for unapologetic, women beating, assholes being publicly shamed. Maybe if more people shamed the offender they'd stop and get some help!
How the hell else is she supposed to bring it up? Some of the responses I've seen here prove that awareness needs to be raised and education on this subject needs to be given.
It's been brought up again and again how he was trying to manipulate her emotionally with his suicide threats and shit. Lord only knows what he was doing offline. And it's been mentioned he never flat out said "I did not hit her". He always dances around the issue with things like "I'm not that kind of guy".
And it's really disgusting that some have brought up her "cheating". Even if she did, how does that justify hitting? And if you're not trying to justify it then why bring it up? It's implying that her actions made the abuse more understandable.
I know we don't and probably never will know 100% what all the facts are, but Ricky's shadiness is a huge red flag. Sam hasn't done anything to indicate she's lying but she still gets called a liar. Ricky dodges questions, gives vague info, and he's innocent? If neither of them are sufficiently proving their side in your opinion, why not just say so instead of siding with Ricky?

FrozenLeaves
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by FrozenLeaves »

sinistersmile wrote: Why is my opinion bothering you so deeply? You don't have to agree or accept it, that's the beauty of having one's own opinion. :rofl: Stop getting your panties all twisted, as it's not that serious.
Domestic abuse isn't serious now? ...........Wow.

sinistersmile
Informer
Informer

Post by sinistersmile »

I meant getting all butthurt and offensive when there is no need to get butthurt or offensive. It's my opinion. My opinion shouldn't upset you SO much as it's literally just my opinion. Stop twisting my words and read.

Jenndo88
Stalker
Stalker

Post by Jenndo88 »

Hi, I'm new :)

Ricky seemed to be avoiding actually saying the words yes I hit Sam or no I didn't hit Sam in his video. However I just stumbled across this and thought I would share...

Cherry_91
Learner
Learner

Post by Cherry_91 »

Off Topic: Aren't we supposed to start/get a new thread after like 40 pages or something??

FrozenLeaves
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by FrozenLeaves »

Jenndo88 wrote:Hi, I'm new :)

Ricky seemed to be avoiding actually saying the words yes I hit Sam or no I didn't hit Sam in his video. However I just stumbled across this and thought I would share...

I hate to say, but he probably took the word "beat" to mean "busted her up so bad she had bruises or injuries". The better way to phrase it would be "Did you ever hit her at all? Even once?" It's more specific. His previous behavior still makes me suspicious. He's done too much stuff and avoided a straight answer too long for me to take his word on it now.

sinistersmile
Informer
Informer

Post by sinistersmile »

Are you him? Are you currently in his head? How ignorant to even say something so damn dumb. Just because he isn't answering questions doesn't prove that he's guilty, he's smart and is keeping it private like it should've been from the beginning.

whocares
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by whocares »

whocares wrote:You guys, sinistersmile is a huge troll, there is no point arguing with them. They always say things like this. Just add them as foe so you can't see their posts.
I'm just gonna leave this here again based on what I'm reading in this thread right now

Return to “BeautyCrush”