indigoblue
Wallflower
Wallflower
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: FleurdeSnore 2017 - General thread part 17

Post by indigoblue »

First time poster and all that...

For a while something about Fleur and Mike's relationship has really been bothering, and today I finally pinpointed what it is. I saw on Mike's instagram story that he's been driving around this cool old car, and was having a pretty great time in it. He posted a photo of it with a caption along the lines of "I'll have to get Fleur to buy me some driving goggles and a hat". Fleur then commented and completely shut him down, I think she actually said "In your dreams"!

It just really bothered me, because he is so willing to support her ridiculous hobbies of ugly handbag buying and hoarding makeup, but the minute he expresses interest in something she won't let him do it. It's not the first instance of this either; I've noticed it happen quite a lot throughout the years, particularly when it comes to him and cars. I don't know, I'm probably reading too far into it, but the way I see it is that Mike is supportive of her hobbies and passions no matter what, but Fleur gets to dictate what he's interested in and is allowed to pursue.

Nosy
Lurker
Lurker

Post by Nosy »

indigoblue wrote:First time poster and all that...

For a while something about Fleur and Mike's relationship has really been bothering, and today I finally pinpointed what it is. I saw on Mike's instagram story that he's been driving around this cool old car, and was having a pretty great time in it. He posted a photo of it with a caption along the lines of "I'll have to get Fleur to buy me some driving goggles and a hat". Fleur then commented and completely shut him down, I think she actually said "In your dreams"!

It just really bothered me, because he is so willing to support her ridiculous hobbies of ugly handbag buying and hoarding makeup, but the minute he expresses interest in something she won't let him do it. It's not the first instance of this either; I've noticed it happen quite a lot throughout the years, particularly when it comes to him and cars. I don't know, I'm probably reading too far into it, but the way I see it is that Mike is supportive of her hobbies and passions no matter what, but Fleur gets to dictate what he's interested in and is allowed to pursue.
Don't really wanna defend her but "in your dreams" is normally used in a jokey way so I don't think she wrote that to be unsupportive or whatever, probably just kidding around.

-P-
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by -P- »

^ Yeah, I don't think she 'shut him down' with that. I read that as a joking manner, too.

Anyway, her vlog's been soooo boring even a Japan trip couldn't make me watch it. I can't believe there was a time I enjoyed her daily vlogs..

Toppsie
Talker
Talker

Post by Toppsie »

I really hope Mike buys the car. He makes his own sweet amount of money - so why shouldn't he, and not care what Fleur thinks. She gets everything she wants, while he's stuck at home with the dogs on his own while she's a part time wife!

Even in Japan it would seem she still has his balls in her handbag. Shame really.

babykitties
Lurker
Lurker

Post by babykitties »

Long time lurker here. I usually really don't like any of fleur's hauls but I have to admit she actually didn't do too bad in this one. I really liked the swimsuits and some of the tops. I think the off the shoulder /cold shoulder style suits her. Much better than the tie in the front shirts she always buys. Definitely wasn't digging the sandals or the heels though.

vanillafilter
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by vanillafilter »

I feel the same... I can't believe I used to enjoy her vlogs. They've gotten so dull now. And I feel like she needs to color-correct her footage too because she manages to make Japan seem drab and grey even during cherry blossom season. But we all know she won't change shit because she literally hasn't changed her editing style ever (or personal style either).

shmeeble
Debater
Debater

Post by shmeeble »

i'm enjoying these japan vlogs!
:tu:

CalmYaFarm
Informer
Informer

Post by CalmYaFarm »

"Mike's at work for once!" Lol excuse you Fleur? You're working super hard in Japan then? Please...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

floozyfloo
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by floozyfloo »

I have to agree on the latest haul.....did she finally get a stylist?? She actually had some acceptable stuff in there. I was really surprised. Still had a couple of bad choices (can't trust her to buy nice shoes), but the swimsuits (particularly the one piece) and tops were pretty nice and relatively flattering for her. Also might just be me, but it seemed she was replicating a lot of Victoria (inthefrow)'s characterisms/style choices in this video.

Zenasty
Learner
Learner

Post by Zenasty »

Not defending fleur, because I do find her insufferably rude to Mike most of the time, but cars, the vintage type Mike likes, are insanely expensive, it is not the same as fleur buying even 10 ugly designer handbags a year.
And I think he does go through cars a lot, probably not too much of a money loss considering his parents business but still... she isn't exactly stopping him.

takoyaki
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by takoyaki »

Reading way too much into the "in your dreams" comment.

And Mike doesn't support her buying designer bags, he supports her job. Unfortunately, and crazily, her job involves buying designer sht and posting videos about them. There have been multiple times where Fleur has said that Mike will be mad to find out she bought something or that she has to discuss it with Mike before she buys something. And when Mike buys her designer bags and other stuff it seems that they discuss it for a long time before buying.

PLus buying a car it's not just a one off purchase... there are a lot of maintenance fees and insurance and stuff. The money will pile up.

That being said, Fleur should treat Mike to things more often as his gifts always seem better (but then again buying things for females are easier...)

And that comment seems to follow their relationship, they tease each other a lot like that .

Tink1987
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Tink1987 »

I would LOVE to know why they used to live in a cottage at the bottom of Mike's parents garden, then bought their own house and then moved into the main hall.

I just don't know why you would go to buying that big lovely house, decorating it and then giving it up to move into their spare wing of the hall so you don't have to pay any rent/mortgage.

I don't buy all this 'it was for Mike's job' , he worked from home anyway and could easily afford the petrol for longer commutes if he had to go into an office!

-P-
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by -P- »

Why was the rainbow jumper from her spring try on haul 70s geeky? :?

andthensome
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by andthensome »

I feel like you could take the joking between Fleur and Mike either way. On the one hand I find their relationship really odd and not romantic at all, but on the other hand, it's THEIR relationship. What would work for me wouldn't work for everyone, plus I'm pretty sure Mike can handle the banter. Outside the context of their relationship though, I really do think Fleur is an incredibly self-centered hedonistic person.

ClareKnowsNothing
Informer
Informer

Post by ClareKnowsNothing »

How can you be soooo excited over the launch of foundation that you already have :roll: ?! Totally not sponsored, but what luck that they have sent their whole range to her anyway.

backupmailbox
Learner
Learner

Post by backupmailbox »

I think Fleur and Mike just bicker a lot for fun (I do that with my bf too) but I want to know how she justifies saying she wanted to stay home more this year for Mike's sake, and then travelling to 1000 different countries by mid-April...

(Ps sorry if this posted before, having trouble with the web site)

Presence
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Presence »

I've been watching the Japan vlogs. To me, they're more awkward than boring.

First of all, why would Panasonic think partnering up with beauty bloggers/vloggers be a good fit? Fleur is there awkwardly filming things her audience probably won't be interested--that's when she's allowed to even film.

And it's always so cringe-worthy to watch Fleur interact with people who aren't her close friends or family. It's strange that they all seem to not feel comfortable on camera. Maybe it's because they sense her feeling uncomfortable turning on the camera to film. I just have this feeling she doesn't do well around people who she isn't close to.

Fleur tries small talk and tries to be funny and it always seems so disingenuous and falls flat. She laughed at some lame remark she made to the group and even the laugh felt forced and fake.

It seems the acquaintances she has to be hang out with in these situations just smile and indulge her.

She seems like a nice enough person, but she really isn't someone I'd want to meet or spend time with.

Tink1987
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Tink1987 »

Presence wrote:I've been watching the Japan vlogs. To me, they're more awkward than boring.

First of all, why would Panasonic think partnering up with beauty bloggers/vloggers be a good fit? Fleur is there awkwardly filming things her audience probably won't be interested--that's when she's allowed to even film.

And it's always so cringe-worthy to watch Fleur interact with people who aren't her close friends or family. It's strange that they all seem to not feel comfortable on camera. Maybe it's because they sense her feeling uncomfortable turning on the camera to film. I just have this feeling she doesn't do well around people who she isn't close to.

Fleur tries small talk and tries to be funny and it always seems so disingenuous and falls flat. She laughed at some lame remark she made to the group and even the laugh felt forced and fake.

It seems the acquaintances she has to be hang out with in these situations just smile and indulge her.

She seems like a nice enough person, but she really isn't someone I'd want to meet or spend time with.
I think that's where little miss rich bitch comes out personally, I do think she looks down at people!

Blair Gilbert
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by Blair Gilbert »

I had to add up all the prices from her huge spring try on haul.
It's 1.344,09 £ girls. (yes I know some of the stuff were send to her)
How many of us can do that? And the thing that irks me the most about it is that it's not her only shopping "spree" in like a month. Damn. And we wont even see her wearing a lot of the items ever!

Return to “FleurDeForce”