Womens Health Issues Thread - Endometriosis, Uterine Issues, Painful periods etc.

Womens Health Issues Thread - Endometriosis, Uterine Issues, Painful periods etc.

Post by Guest »

Basically anything to do with womens reproductive issues, such as endometriosis, uterine issues, painful periods etc. Feel free to discuss it here.

Whats been your experiences with trying to get diagnosed? or even taken seriously about your issues? Have you found anything that helps your symptoms? Any real long term solutions?

---

I have a thing called Atypical Endometrial Hyperplasia, which means my Uterine lining is thick and just constantly growing (and therefore constantly shedding too, sorry for the TMI) and the cells therein are abnormal, so they need to be monitored quite closely because there is a risk it can turn to cancer.
It took about a year to get these answers, and 18 months on from that, I still have not got a permanent solution to my issues other than medication to help the hormones and bleeding, and going in for day surgery to have D&C's and biopsies every 6 months. This, I feel, isn't good enough. Each time I go under the anesthetic for the procedure I feel it takes me longer and longer to recover, despite having lost 30 kilos in weight and being healthier than ever. It seems to wreak havoc with my body and health having to go in for surgery every 6 months, not to mention the fact it disrupts my life, as does the bleeding and pain associated with the Uterine issues do anyway and none of it is getting any better. So it feels like it's all for nothing.

My female gynecologist will not even entertain the idea of me having a hysterectomy of the uterus, or a uterine ablation because "I'm still young, and haven't had kids yet, and you could change your mind". Despite being 34, perpetually single (and lesbian) and not interested in children whatsoever.

It's incredibly frustrating to be talked down to about something that is impacting my life and not being able to make my own decisions regarding the treatment or outcome.

Return to “Health”