kayleeee
Gossiper
Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: What are your allergies?

Post by kayleeee »

Grass when I was young.
Laundry detergents have been known to irritate my skin. I was at a hotel and the sheets gave me a rash all over my arms and legs.

Also goat cheese.
lazygirlbusyworld.wordpress.com check out my blog

violetg2008
Wallflower
Wallflower

Post by violetg2008 »

Seafood!!!!

oghren7
Lurker
Lurker

Post by oghren7 »

I'm severely allergic to cats. Like I can tell when someone's a cat owner because I'm allergic to them. As for reactions, pretty much experience everything that anyone with allergies to animals can experience - itchy eyes, hives, difficulties breathing, sneezing, itchy throat.

sabrinakate
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by sabrinakate »

I'm allergic to jasmine and grass, but it's not too severe luckily, just when I walk in grass I have itchy legs and when there is jasmine near me I get the basic eyes watering and runny nose.

Rilen
Wallflower
Wallflower

Post by Rilen »

I am allergic to.........sweets :( :( :( :( :( :( :(

MontyMayhem
Lurker
Lurker

Post by MontyMayhem »

Ironically, I went to an allergist to be tested for allergens after developing a rash pretty much all over. They gave me a steroid and an antibiotic because I tested normal and wasn't allergic to anything so they were stumped. But boy oh boy I broke out in angry violent itchy hives from the antibiotic ALL over my body. I felt like I was on fire and had to stay home from work for two days until the swelling went down. It was awful and took 6 weeks for the welts to fade completely.

And that is how I found out that I am allergic to sulfa drugs! It was a terrible reaction and recovery. Luckily I haven't experienced allergies to anything in the environment so far.

makeupmenace
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by makeupmenace »

Lots!

Medications: Sulpha drugs gave me hives when I was a kid, so I've avoided them since. I was also recently put on Amitriptyline and Gabapentin (not at the same time) and had a strange reaction to both even though I've been on them in the past, so it could be they interact with something I'm taking now that I wasn't taking before.

Foods: Kiwi allergy (rashes -- even if it's found in things like lotions), gluten intolerance and dairy intolerance. I didn't know about the gluten and dairy for a long time, and the build up in my system actually caused small holes in my intestine, making it impossible to digest and absorb nutrients. So I just don't eat them.

I have pretty severe allergies to dust and almost all pollen, and a suspected allergy to hemp/hempseed oil (every Hempz cream I've tried has given me a rash). I can't use sulphur-based skincare products, and generally have very sensitive and reactive skin in general, so I stick to the same products that work (always fragrance-free, because I also can't tolerate fragrance).

In terms of how I treat my allergies, I avoid all known topical, food and drug allergies. For environmental allergies, I typically take an OTC allergy pill, but at the moment I can't for health reasons (I have palps and this makes them worse).
Blending is my cardio.

laoise96
Learner
Learner

Post by laoise96 »

Cat hair, bees and latex.

sunflowerskies
Debater
Debater

Post by sunflowerskies »

Not an allergy yet but it could possibly turn into one, gluten sensitivity.
☕️

LawyerWife
Learner
Learner

Post by LawyerWife »

I think it's spelt ceftriaxone?? It's an antibiotic. Anyway. I had an anaphylactic reaction when a nurse injected it into my IV once while I was hospital after being struck with a horrible bout of salmonella food poisoning. She put it in and walked away. Meanwhile I'm very quickly having a reaction and I can't talk lol luckily I got out a "help" before my throat completely closed up :roll: :roll:

Hellohibby
Wallflower
Wallflower

Post by Hellohibby »

I’m super lactose intolerant! I break out a lot after having a bit of cheese:/

Justify
Wanderer
Wanderer