MumuMelon
Learner
Learner
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Melissa Alatorre

Post by MumuMelon »

How is she not talked about yet?

Discuss this relatively new youtuber and very pretty MUA!!

fihe
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Re: Melissa Alatorre

Post by fihe »

Haha, that's funny that I just did a search for her this very minute, and you just posted this a few minutes ago!

She is very pretty and good with makeup, but makes such corny, cringeworthy expressions when doing lip swatches.

MumuMelon
Learner
Learner

Post by MumuMelon »

fihe wrote:Haha, that's funny that I just did a search for her this very minute, and you just posted this a few minutes ago!

She is very pretty and good with makeup, but makes such corny, cringeworthy expressions when doing lip swatches.
Didn't notice. 90% of the time I'll just stare at her teeth honestly...how are they so white and perfect? :x

CaKeKylie
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by CaKeKylie »

MumuMelon wrote:
fihe wrote:Haha, that's funny that I just did a search for her this very minute, and you just posted this a few minutes ago!

Didn't notice. 90% of the time I'll just stare at her teeth honestly...how are they so white and perfect? :x
they're too big imo :?

She's sooo beautiful, I love her eyes and she really has some amazing skills.

caaas
Learner
Learner

Post by caaas »

I wish her success on her YT journey. Hoping she doesn't turn into just another guru.

gasp
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by gasp »

She seems sweet and like she genuinely cares abut her audience so far. Her sentences can be a bit choppy and seem a bit rehearsed, and her editing needs some work, but she is brand new. It's nice to watch her grow. She seems like a little bit of a ditz at times, but that could just be my snob showing. All in all ,I'm happy to watch her come into her own rights as a youtube channel, and I hope she continues on the trajectory she's on atm.

aeip
Lurker
Lurker

Post by aeip »

gasp wrote:She seems sweet and like she genuinely cares abut her audience so far. Her sentences can be a bit choppy and seem a bit rehearsed, and her editing needs some work, but she is brand new. It's nice to watch her grow. She seems like a little bit of a ditz at times, but that could just be my snob showing. All in all ,I'm happy to watch her come into her own rights as a youtube channel, and I hope she continues on the trajectory she's on atm.
jumped on here to say exactly the same thing. can't remember what video it was but in one of her previous videos, she asked her (i assume) boyfriend a really stupid question and it made me a bit :-|

Weallplayroles
Learner
Learner

Post by Weallplayroles »

Just have to point it out. She's trying way too hard to be quirky and relatable - even sc sounds rehearsed. And her snaps about being too nervous to approach Desi and Katy? I dunno. Her content is shifting towards fillers now and those tip vids aren't that helpful. I like her when she posts makeup looks because she rocks those.

starsicle11
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by starsicle11 »

I've enjoyed watching her channel grow over the past few months. She seems really knowledgeable about skin care and makeup. One thing though.. What does her man do? He seems to be around a lot in her snapchats. I really hope he's not like all these other YTers boyfriends. :?

skinny_boho
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by skinny_boho »

starsicle11 wrote:I've enjoyed watching her channel grow over the past few months. She seems really knowledgeable about skin care and makeup. One thing though.. What does her man do? He seems to be around a lot in her snapchats. I really hope he's not like all these other YTers boyfriends. :?
He's a screenwriter for tv

starsicle11
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by starsicle11 »

The annoyance on her man's face in her snaps today thoughhhh, yikes! She should chill with putting her camera in his face, he clearly hates it. :?

Elle_78
Lurker
Lurker

Post by Elle_78 »

I've followed Melissa for quite some time now, and she is a very talented MUA- love that she does both editorial & everyday looks.
I'm glad that she's been doing well and that she's getting sponsorships, PR from big companies, etc. I just hope she stays grounded (which doesn't seem likely).

Seems like every time she's on a brand trip, she slacks on posting content. The constant unboxings on her Snapchat and IG are getting excessive.
She used to do giveaways before, but it's been a hot minute since she's done any. And her last giveaway, who the hell even won?
I just hate to see someone with so much talent turn into yet another pretentious, entitled, fame-hungry brat.
I've noticed that in many of her recent videos, she's using really expensive luxury items like La Mer (it's like La Mer is the beginning of the end with the beauty YT community). I swear La Mer's koolaid is that talc-filled powder that's made of nothing but dirt-cheap ingredients, but slap a $100 price point on it and it becomes "everything a powder should be" -_-
Her video today (8/28/17) really disappointed me, when she didn't want to use a more affordable powder, even though she acknowledged she's been using it too much in her videos. To add insult to injury, she grabs that god forsaken La Mer brush, ugh. And people have been noticing! There was one comment calling her out on her pretentiousness, and I'm sure they'll be many more to come if she keeps down this path.

Ssierra
Learner
Learner

Post by Ssierra »

Yeah I've noticed that as well. She is alright but is annoying asf with her mate. Idk why she forces him to be in her videos. He obviously doesn't like it! She seems dumb at times. I unsubbed a while ago.

Ssierra
Learner
Learner

Post by Ssierra »

She comes off as stuck up and spoiled.

Soulfiregirl
Learner
Learner

Post by Soulfiregirl »

She used to be one of my favorites. She's become extremely boring, annoying, only does sponsored products. Example, Palmer's. Since when does this spoiled ass girl that only uses high-end, suddenly love Palmer's?? Give me a break. She talks way too fast, sounds uneducated, and her boyfriend seems like a super asshole.

ohhey01
Informer
Informer

Post by ohhey01 »

Her snaps are terrible. She talks so damn much about nothing and on top of that talks too fast. I just skip her snaps now because I can’t handle her. Slow the f down!

Ssierra
Learner
Learner

Post by Ssierra »

Lol what is she on :rofl: :|

Anoosha
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by Anoosha »

I like her....most of the time. Sometime's her looks are just soooo over the top. Nothing I'd wear just out everyday. She's pretty and her eye color is gorgeous but I can only handle her in small doses.

Return to “Gurus With Less Than 50,000 Subs”