General discussion thread

onigiri815
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: General discussion thread

Post by onigiri815 »

Has anyone had a look at the criticism on her latest post with Gigi Hadid?
I had to laugh when people made backhanded comments "well .... they can't all be winners" and my favourite because the girl had mua in her username "sometimes even pro artists work can go not 100%"

rolling my eyes so hard

cheezecake
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by cheezecake »

onigiri815 wrote:Has anyone had a look at the criticism on her latest post with Gigi Hadid?
I had to laugh when people made backhanded comments "well .... they can't all be winners" and my favourite because the girl had mua in her username "sometimes even pro artists work can go not 100%"

rolling my eyes so hard
I can't find it, where is this post?

cheezecake
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by cheezecake »

onigiri815 wrote:Has anyone had a look at the criticism on her latest post with Gigi Hadid?

rolling my eyes so hard
I can't find it, where is this post?

onigiri815
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by onigiri815 »

It's still on her FB and IG. Probably 3rd or 4th latest post

http://imgur.com/a/WvEp5

cheezecake
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by cheezecake »

rolling my eyes so hard
Lol, i thought i missed a video with Gigi, didn't cross my mind to check IG

I didn't expect less of Lisa, her reply was brilliant and classy. But i believe that comment wasn't nasty; a girl just said she did not like the look. Now, so-called "mua" had a nerve to snark around. Lol

You know, let me rant a little. Jordan Liberty was saying that youtube goorus did some real damage, because now people come to him wanting orange contour and showing these ridiculous ig looks. Also nowadays, because of youtube, "mua" sounds ridiculous and pathetic. I am going to a makeup school and we have a girl there who loves all these stupid goorus (like JH) and decided to apply. When asked about her fav brands she keeps referring to...you guessed it....Morphe. Of course our teachers are real profi and they haven't heard of Morphe.

Now, she had some piece of brain left to go apply to makeup school where they will teach her. But the rest of Morphe fans - not so much. When a mua doesn't know about editorial looks, because she is "self-taught", it is just sad. There is nothing bad about being self-taught, makeup is not rocket science. But these friggin goorus basically say "you don't have to go to a school, just keep applying a ton of highlighter on yourself like i do and you will make it". This throws massive shade on the industry. Though i don't want to be a full-time mua, it still makes me sad.

onigiri815
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by onigiri815 »

If this is the FB one I think her comment was super passive aggressive especially seeing as her reply to Lisa was "Sure."

I love Jordan Liberty but I also don't think that just because you have gone to a Makeup Academy and gotten a piece of paper means that you are a Makeup Artist.

cheezecake
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by cheezecake »

onigiri815 wrote:If this is the FB one I think her comment was super passive aggressive especially seeing as her reply to Lisa was "Sure."

I love Jordan Liberty but I also don't think that just because you have gone to a Makeup Academy and gotten a piece of paper means that you are a Makeup Artist.
Why would she even reply? Duuuh

Definitely not, but it will give you the solid base like color theory, understanding face structure, hygiene standards...and most importantly, applying makeup on someone else which is night and day with applying makeup on your own face. You can learn by assisting a makeup artist (like Lisa explained - being 4th assistant, 3rd, 2nd, 1st and, eventually, a makeup artist). But you can't state you a "mua" because you have seen a bunch of youtube tutorials and tried them on your face. And certainly you can't go apply chinese cheap sh!t on people's faces and charge for it.

Aqus
Debater
Debater

Post by Aqus »

Not gonna lie, I'm very curious to see what the final editorial is going to look like.

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk

onigiri815
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by onigiri815 »

Yeah definitely! I just hate how one girl I know criticises EVERY person who applies their makeup badly, or an MUA who doesn't do stuff 100% perfect just because she deems herself a makeup artist. Please stop...

Me too I do want to see what the end result is but it is very obvious that the makeup will look alot more refined in studio lighting. That selfie was quite pixelated for starters and made the smudgy eye look even more grungy

Eastsiderider
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by Eastsiderider »

I don't really get why this look has gotten so much negative feed back? I thought it's pretty standard editorial look, nothing shocking and... Just...??? People have such a passion to tell their OWN OPINION about everything, but usually it's nothing constructive just "it's shitty", why? "don't start with me its my opinion!!!". Hardly anyone even argumented why the look was so BAD in their opinion.

cheezecake
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by cheezecake »

Eastsiderider wrote:I don't really get why this look has gotten so much negative feed back? I thought it's pretty standard editorial look, nothing shocking and... Just...??? People have such a passion to tell their OWN OPINION about everything, but usually it's nothing constructive just "it's shitty", why? "don't start with me its my opinion!!!". Hardly anyone even argumented why the look was so BAD in their opinion.
Oh, one comment from kaza_pl was really constructive! The technique is wrong because of Gigis eye shape. I guess gurl used google translator. ImageImageImage

PearlyPearl
Talker
Talker

Post by PearlyPearl »

Eastsiderider wrote:I don't really get why this look has gotten so much negative feed back? I thought it's pretty standard editorial look, nothing shocking and... Just...???
I don't get it either, I actually checked Lisa's instagram to see if I'd missed a post but no, I'd seen the picture in my feed and thought nothing of it... Do people have a problem with the model or something?

Aqus
Debater
Debater

Post by Aqus »

I think it just looks like the eyeshadow is not blended very well- maybe it was in the middle of makeup application process and the look wasn't even finished :)

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk

onigiri815
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by onigiri815 »

Did we all see Lisa's very subtle post back at the criticism though? :D
It's a quote from her book:
"Beauty is in the eye of the beholder and it may be necessary from time to time to give a stupid or misinformed beholder a blackeye" - Miss Piggy

sosltice
Talker
Talker

Post by sosltice »

Yeah, severe black eye is SO chic. Everyone who is anyone at all casualty departments is sporting one.

PearlyPearl
Talker
Talker

Post by PearlyPearl »

Just watching the new Pretty Glam Makeup Look video and had to pop in to say that Lisa's own makeup in the introduction looks amazing

MuffettheSpider
Lurker
Lurker

Post by MuffettheSpider »

Do you guys think this is the makeup look that got so much criticism? It looks pretty cool in the context of this editorial...
PearlyPearl wrote:Just watching the new Pretty Glam Makeup Look video and had to pop in to say that Lisa's own makeup in the introduction looks amazing
Lisa looked so fresh and ready for Spring in her intro! Very lovely.
Muffet pours you a cup of spiders.
Muffet does a synchronized dance with the other spiders.

cheezecake
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by cheezecake »

MuffettheSpider wrote:Do you guys think this is the makeup look that got so much criticism? It looks pretty cool in the context of this editorial...
PearlyPearl wrote:Just watching the new Pretty Glam Makeup Look video and had to pop in to say that Lisa's own makeup in the introduction looks amazing
Aha! That was actually the final result. Couldn't have expected less of Lisa. People who criticise her (and are subscribed to jaclyn hill, amrezy, hudabeauty and similar trash at the same time) have a nerve to criticize her majesty Lisa!

fizzwizz12

Post by fizzwizz12 »

cheezecake wrote:
MuffettheSpider wrote:Do you guys think this is the makeup look that got so much criticism? It looks pretty cool in the context of this editorial...
Aha! That was actually the final result. Couldn't have expected less of Lisa. People who criticise her (and are subscribed to jaclyn hill, amrezy, hudabeauty and similar trash at the same time) have a nerve to criticize her majesty Lisa!

Stupid is as stupid does.
“I don't care what you are doing, so much as the idiotic way that you are doing it.”-vincent valentine

cheezecake
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by cheezecake »

On Lisa SC was Huda Beauty, they were apparently filming a video. why oh why???? Maybe Lisa will finally teach Huda how to do makeup?

Return to “Lisa Eldridge”