Why is Lisa Eldridge not more popular?

jewels931
Learner
Learner
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Why is Lisa Eldridge not more popular?

Post by jewels931 »

Trololol wrote:Lisa takes her time in creating a look; she takes her time to blend, she takes her time in explaining the effect of using certain colours and products, and if there is history involved, she takes her time to explain the significance of that history in relation to world events (like the makeup in the World War eras and how supplies affected the availability of makeup etc.) She doesn't rush, and she's very prim. She doesn't make duckface and sparrowface and she doesn't let her viewers bash people when they disagree with her -coughMICHELLEPHANcoughcough-

Lisa Eldridge's videos on vintage makeup are videos that every makeup enthusiasts should watch. Learning the use of makeup without learning the history and evolution of makeup is just enabling the superficiality of makeup without there being any significant historical arc in regards to the artistic and cultural development that makeup provides. Makeup shouldn't just be about vain bitches and overpriced products. Lisa Eldridge doesn't pander to the lowest common denominator, and as a result, though not reaching as wide an audience as others who do, she is only appreciated by those who are mindful enough to appreciate the depth of makeup artistry.

Also, she is now the new CREATIVE DIRECTOR of Lancome. I look forward to seeing her kick Michelle Phan's ass in that department.
Holy fark I totally forgot that Mish was/still is? involved with Lancome when I first read that Lisa was now CD. They certainly upgraded!

SallyCinnamon
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by SallyCinnamon »

She doesn't upload enough to build more momentum. You can kind of forget about her in between videos. Plus I believe she upset Pixiwoo at some stage, which set a big chunk of the Brit crew against her. None of them ever mention her, there's no cross promotion, and no collabs.

paperflowers
Informer
Informer

Post by paperflowers »

SallyCinnamon wrote:She doesn't upload enough to build more momentum. You can kind of forget about her in between videos. Plus I believe she upset Pixiwoo at some stage, which set a big chunk of the Brit crew against her. None of them ever mention her, there's no cross promotion, and no collabs.
How did she upset pixiwoo? Sorry, I'm curious. I'm subscribed to both of them.

luckycharms
Talker
Talker

Post by luckycharms »

^ The only thing I could find was this facebook entry that Lisa posted from 2012:
Seriously thinking of stopping putting up videos on youtube as my background, poster frame style, content, personal make-up philosophy and just about everything else is now being completely ripped off..... wish they would get their own ideas...

Pixiwoo created an acne/blemish video that is very similar to Lisa's. (ie: The models look similar, same products used, etc.)

Kizz
Informer
Informer

Post by Kizz »

^ i remember that! it was near on identical to Lisa's and everyone commented going nuts at the similarity!

Ms_Mojito
Lurker
Lurker

Post by Ms_Mojito »

Probably because she is more matter-of-fact teacher and less interested in becoming a personality. I like that about her though, there is no drama or fake mannerisms, she is just there to share her knowledge and go back to her real job afterwards!

chloesssssmith
Lurker
Lurker

Post by chloesssssmith »

Lisa is like the BEST makeup artist on Youtube ever. She has got everything, techniques, skills, personality. How can people not love her?

fabulous
Debater
Debater

Post by fabulous »

chloesssssmith wrote:Lisa is like the BEST makeup artist on Youtube ever. She has got everything, techniques, skills, personality. How can people not love her?
Yeah, yeah, but does she have a scented candle in the background while filming in her bedroom, emphasizing how highly requested her 3 minute review of the Naked palette was?
http://www.gurugossiper.com/viewtopic.php?f=117&t=356
http://www.gurugossiper.com/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=226

Post by Guest »

Lisa is in a league of her own really, in that she neither plays up to the camera/viewers or has that old-school eccentricity like Mary Greenwell (love her though). Hope the pixiwoo sisters were ashamed that time, how dare they? :FU:

rotem
Learner
Learner

Post by rotem »

PissedOutDQ wrote:I heard she doesn't enable ad-sense, so maybe they don't promote her as much?

Also she's older, so the tweens may not 'relate' to her as much. And her looks aren't super trendy, ie. 'omg guise I got the new urban decay Vice pallete. watch me slap neon colors haphazardly over my eyeballs".

I think her videos are great and informative, but the kids aren't looking for education. They want some spoiled YT 'guru' their age to tell them ill-informed advice.

exactly!!!

kofi
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by kofi »

She is one of my favorite gurus tbh. She has done a couple of vintage looks that are historically accurate and cute. She also uploads pretty regularly and has a wide variety of looks for different styles

onigiri815
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by onigiri815 »

She doesn't use "popular" cosmetics. She doesn't do the current trends the way most people are used to seeing them e.g. she will do a proper, subtle contour as opposed to a Kim K, baked under eye one.
Thats the main reasons I think she isn't more popular. But it also would depend on the audience.

lovemadeforthedark
Wallflower
Wallflower

Post by lovemadeforthedark »

I don't know. She deserves to be so much more popular. Maybe because she isn't big on sponsoring?

onespecialplace
Wallflower
Wallflower

Post by onespecialplace »

Lisa talks to the camera as if she's their teacher. I think some people prefer a beauty guru who they can imagine being friends with so someone younger and louder is more relatable.

Over it
Stalker
Stalker

Post by Over it »

She is one of the only beauty youtubers I look to in order to actually learn how to do a certain makeup technique. I do not even consider her a youtuber, as she actually is a professional makeup artist.

I agree with the above. People want someone who they think they can be friends with. In fact, I feel like a lot of followers of youtubers and bloggers actually think they are friends with the person they are following. It's weird.

FlakeyAF
Wallflower
Wallflower

Post by FlakeyAF »

Yeah I agree, she creates some beautiful looks and is a true artist unlike many of the other youtube beauty "gurus"

pettyblue
Learner
Learner

Post by pettyblue »

Lisa Eldridge is popular af. Ask anyone who watches makeup tutorials and they will tell her name. :roll:

Pearles
Lurker
Lurker

Post by Pearles »

um, the thread is from 5 years ago

Scarlett LetSteamOff
Stalker
Stalker

Post by Scarlett LetSteamOff »

Cuz she has shit ton of money and uses abomination of pr to look as if something she's not

Return to “Lisa Eldridge”