Chanelette

wtfkai
Learner
Learner
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Chanelette

Post by wtfkai »

I've just recently come across her videos and I think she's lovely. Her style is honestly kind of refreshing because I was getting tired of the whole 90's grunge revival bullshit in the 'youtube fashion' community. Does anyone know whether she's ever mentioned if she works or not? Or is her family just wealthy?

Diorette
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Diorette »

wtfkai wrote:I've just recently come across her videos and I think she's lovely. Her style is honestly kind of refreshing because I was getting tired of the whole 90's grunge revival bullshit in the 'youtube fashion' community. Does anyone know whether she's ever mentioned if she works or not? Or is her family just wealthy?
I think she's a babysitter but don't try to ask about her other jobs, she gets very defensive.

Chanelette 30 Oct
Why do you make such a big deal about not telling where your money comes from? You are so open about your personal life in general, it really makes me wonder how come you're making it a secret.
smile

I'm afraid this is none of your business.

Nutellalove
Informer
Informer

Post by Nutellalove »

To be honest I think she is wealthy, good for her. Shes a student and her parents buy her what she wants, maybe her boyfriend too which is cool. What i dont like is how bitchy she acts when they ask her about her name, people are interested and subsribed to her, often kind to her and curious to meet her but she is RUDE.

Diorette
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Diorette »

Her house looks big so she definitely is, what I think is that she doesn't want to say that her parents buy her things because she would probably get hate or idk.

Elyezabeth
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Elyezabeth »

She seems to have changed, recently. Or sort of recently. When I first discovered her, I watched all her videos, from old to new. At first I was impressed by how little she bought. She stuck to a few products she really loved, and used them all the time. Then she seemed to transition to constantly having hauls full of really expensive makeup and clothing as well as hair products. If she's wealthy and can afford it, fine, but in her older videos she was so intent on having a few very nice items she'd use a lot, it makes me wonder what changed.

MangiaCake
Learner
Learner

Post by MangiaCake »

Elyezabeth wrote:She seems to have changed, recently. Or sort of recently. When I first discovered her, I watched all her videos, from old to new. At first I was impressed by how little she bought. She stuck to a few products she really loved, and used them all the time. Then she seemed to transition to constantly having hauls full of really expensive makeup and clothing as well as hair products. If she's wealthy and can afford it, fine, but in her older videos she was so intent on having a few very nice items she'd use a lot, it makes me wonder what changed.
Probably the thing's that she's now making money of YT and gets all the free stuff! I hate how she and most of the gurus at first are always saying things like:I'm not going to change, doesn't mean if something's from drugstore that's not the same quality as high end, bla bla... and all of the sudden they are using Sigma brushes, Chanel foundation... She was always saying how she doesn't like Missglamorazzi, Elle Fowler... how they're fake... and again all of the sudden she's friends with Elle! Hello girl, who's fake now?? She's smart, she knows that she can get subscribers and maybe some makeup brands to notice her through Elle, cause we all know how big the Fowler sisters are on YT.

Regarding to her being bitc.y about people asking her whether she works or not. Sorry Eve, if you want to put your life on web and make money from that, your subscribers are ones who help you get that money and free stuff! If they want to know what you do in your life, you need to be polite and let them know, otherwise stop doing what you do. With this attitude I don't think that she's going to get somewhere with YT, cause people are going to hate on her. And one last thing... PLEASE stop doing all those hauls, you have the money, we get it... I would be more happier with one makeup tutorial a week than a haul video every other day!

Nutellalove
Informer
Informer

Post by Nutellalove »

Hypocrite much? Taken from her twitter:
oh, hey Sasha! yeah, definitely, and they all wear it cause it's "hot stuff" now. Not!
Chanelette Do girls really think camouflage trend is pretty? Why? You're not in the army.
For someone who preaches not to judge others and to be kind, and wear what makes you happy...

Diorette
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Diorette »

I know, it makes me cringe how she's always preaching the "be kind and don't judge" thing yet that's all she does, she keeps criticizing with rude comments other girls' style.

I know, I'm tired about the whole Elle and Eve thing, she has said a lot of times that she doesn't like her and then all of a sudden they're doing a swap together.

Also, when Elle copied Eve's makeup routine (she clearly copied her cause she used pretty much the same products the same way as Eve) and people told Eve about it, she acted like she didn't care, I'm sure if a guru that's not as big as Elle did that, she would jump on her throat.

mia

Post by mia »

Well I can say why she's so pissXX off about her name :) In Lithuania word "Leva" means that you are not interesting, unpopular, sometimes ugly and don't fit among other people. You no, like in high school there always is very unpopular kid so in Lithuania you can describe him as "Levas" :) Money wise, yeah she's rich but why she hides that I don't know. Eva needs to stop talking shiXX that she works as babysitter and earns 1000 euros. In Lithuania it's another currency, not euros. I can say you a comparison: say you live in France and earn 2000 euros per month and buy a jacket from Zara which costs 200 euros in Lithuania you earn 2000 litas per month but the same Zara jacket costs 600 litas. Here is everything 2-4 times more expensive than in other Europe country's. You need to be very rich to buy such expensive clothes :) But I'm not jealous, I'm happy that she's lucky to have such amazing parents and wealthy life. Of course she needs to stop lying about that.

ArielAriel

Post by ArielAriel »

She has stated that her parents do not give her money for her make-up and those kind of stuff. I am sure that she gets money from her bf. When they are in Paris together, she uses his money for everything. There is a video of her in which she says she was buying lots of thing that her bf said u already have so much make-up, don't waste our money (which is his money).

Her Chanel bag is from her bf too. Her bf just bought him an iphone, her mac is from her bf too. And lots of things. I have been watching her videos, It is so clear that she gets a lot from her boyfriend. Well, they are dating, of course they can buy stuff to each others, that's something nice. But it is so clear that she is using his money and I am sure she would not love her bf this much if he were not proving her all those things.

And yeah, sure it's none of anyone's business but this is so clear, her relationship look so materialistic that's why I never find her love real. She sticked on the guy who provides her luxury items. That guy would be anyone.

As long as he buys all those nice things to her, she will always love him. He keeps her royal and nice with money and she loves him for money.

Diorette
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Diorette »

Am I the only one that gets the vibe that she's an obsessive and controlling girlfriend?

Eve ‏@Chanelette
Someone is enjoying California too much and not coming to talk #madgirlfriend

I also don't like how when people give her requests she's like

Nutellalove
Informer
Informer

Post by Nutellalove »

I think her boyfriend has a nice job and can buy her nice things yes, but also her parents seem wealthy (her house looks amazing and that lake ...so wonderful), so im not going to say the relationship is based around money, she really loves the guy and shes lucky to have love and also a boyfriend who lives far with a good money who can provide her with things and trips so they can be together.
I agree with you Diorette, when she gets requests from people, for exemple the latest question on her formspring about eyeliner she is like NO DO IT YOURSELF! I mean people trust her judgment, maybe it will be helpfull, and she also claims she doesnt make videos to please people...that's a paradox...otherwise no one would watch her. Without interaction youtube is nothing.

MangiaCake
Learner
Learner

Post by MangiaCake »

mia wrote:Well I can say why she's so pissXX off about her name :) In Lithuania word "Leva" means that you are not interesting, unpopular, sometimes ugly and don't fit among other people. You no, like in high school there always is very unpopular kid so in Lithuania you can describe him as "Levas" :) Money wise, yeah she's rich but why she hides that I don't know. Eva needs to stop talking shiXX that she works as babysitter and earns 1000 euros. In Lithuania it's another currency, not euros. I can say you a comparison: say you live in France and earn 2000 euros per month and buy a jacket from Zara which costs 200 euros in Lithuania you earn 2000 litas per month but the same Zara jacket costs 600 litas. Here is everything 2-4 times more expensive than in other Europe country's. You need to be very rich to buy such expensive clothes :) But I'm not jealous, I'm happy that she's lucky to have such amazing parents and wealthy life. Of course she needs to stop lying about that.
I have a friend in Slovenia who works in a bank for 1000 and something euros (I'm not sure exactly), a full time job and OF COURSE she can't afford stuff Eve buys and she's telling us that she earns 1000 euros from babysitting every now and then... bulls...!!! So, I totally know what you're talking about because I live in a country in Europe which is talking about wealth of it's citizens pretty similar to Lithuania (and where also everything's double or triple it's price than in it's original country). If she earns 1000 euros (AGAIN- I highly doubt) buying leather jacket-200 euros, couple of sweaters-200 euros, shopping spree on feelunique.com (she buys ONLY high-end products) and that 1000 is almost gone for only one shopping... she can't fool anyone who lives in Europe!

I'm not jelous too, I'm happy with what I have, I just don't like liars, snobish, full of their selves people!!

MangiaCake
Learner
Learner

Post by MangiaCake »

ArielAriel wrote:She has stated that her parents do not give her money for her make-up and those kind of stuff. I am sure that she gets money from her bf. When they are in Paris together, she uses his money for everything. There is a video of her in which she says she was buying lots of thing that her bf said u already have so much make-up, don't waste our money (which is his money).

Her Chanel bag is from her bf too. Her bf just bought him an iphone, her mac is from her bf too. And lots of things. I have been watching her videos, It is so clear that she gets a lot from her boyfriend. Well, they are dating, of course they can buy stuff to each others, that's something nice. But it is so clear that she is using his money and I am sure she would not love her bf this much if he were not proving her all those things.

And yeah, sure it's none of anyone's business but this is so clear, her relationship look so materialistic that's why I never find her love real. She sticked on the guy who provides her luxury items. That guy would be anyone.

As long as he buys all those nice things to her, she will always love him. He keeps her royal and nice with money and she loves him for money.
Привет подруга!;))

And I was wondering all this time how can they have a real relationship if they only see each other 2 times a year!!

ArielAriel

Post by ArielAriel »

Nutellalove wrote:I think her boyfriend has a nice job and can buy her nice things yes, but also her parents seem wealthy (her house looks amazing and that lake ...so wonderful), so im not going to say the relationship is based around money, she really loves the guy and shes lucky to have love and also a boyfriend who lives far with a good money who can provide her with things and trips so they can be together.
I agree with you Diorette, when she gets requests from people, for exemple the latest question on her formspring about eyeliner she is like NO DO IT YOURSELF! I mean people trust her judgment, maybe it will be helpfull, and she also claims she doesnt make videos to please people...that's a paradox...otherwise no one would watch her. Without interaction youtube is nothing.
I don't think that she would love him this much if he were not providing her all these things.

ArielAriel

Post by ArielAriel »

MangiaCake wrote:Привет подруга!;))

And I was wondering all this time how can they have a real relationship if they only see each other 2 times a year!!
Hello =).

I just see it in her eyes that she "loves" him because she gets stuff from him. It is very very clear. She is a very materialistic person, she wants all the best quality things. And he always buy stuff to her. If he was not being able to buy all these things, their relationship would not go very well.

And the guy buys all of those stuff just to keep her royal to him.

You may ask how come you are so sure about it... Because I know those kind of people very well. I see lots of relationships like them. The girl gets so happy with the boy and the boy buys lots of things to her... But if the boy gets poorer or whatever and cannot buy stuff, after a little time, even though the girl as so sweet to him, she finds another man.

I have seen the same ones lots of times. Russian/Ukrainain/Lithuanian women and blonde lover men from different countries... I am very used to these :).

Nutellalove
Informer
Informer

Post by Nutellalove »

Maybe I cannot see what you girls see because I am a hopeless romantic hehe, and I think she buys him gifts too. My reasoning behind all this is that, she seems already wealthy, and so of course it is nice to receive gifts from her boyfriend, but she already has everything thanks to her parents. I may be wrong though...

Diorette
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Diorette »

Even if you were as rich as a Kardashian, it'd nice to receive gifts from other people.

I do think that she's very materialistic.

ArielAriel

Post by ArielAriel »

Diorette wrote:Even if you were as rich as a Kardashian, it'd nice to receive gifts from other people.

I do think that she's very materialistic.
Yes, of course... But my point is, if he did not have enough money to buy those things to her, she would not love him this much. I have lots of girls around me like her. Those blondie lover men from ll around the word buys so many gifts, and the girls are just say "aww my man, my precious guy" and they want to marry those guys to guarantee their lifes. But for some reason if he stops buying things, the girls just want to break up. I seriously the same ones around me.

ArielAriel

Post by ArielAriel »

Nutellalove wrote:Maybe I cannot see what you girls see because I am a hopeless romantic hehe, and I think she buys him gifts too. My reasoning behind all this is that, she seems already wealthy, and so of course it is nice to receive gifts from her boyfriend, but she already has everything thanks to her parents. I may be wrong though...
I don't think her family is wealthy, they are avarage i guess. Houses which are not in the center of the city are not so expensive in that country... If you thought hes wealthy because of her house...

Return to “Chanelette”