MissBudgetBeauty

SianDavies
Lurker
Lurker
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

MissBudgetBeauty

Post by SianDavies »

When I first started watching "Miss BB"s videos I was drawn to her laid back, girl-next-door attitude. Nowadays I find myself concerned at how frequently she lashes out at "haters" and curious as to why she seems so angry all the time.

In life there will be times you are taken out of context. When you are face-to-face with someone, you can explain what you actually ment and they will be able to see you are genuine. However on YouTube, it is a completely different story. This has been the case now for several months almost every time I post a comment on her blog or channel. I just cannot get through to her.

It seems like every time one of her commenters says something she finds offensive, she goes straight to a networking site, her blog or makes a video, without any regard to that persons feelings or what they might have actually meant. I guess that's one of the reasons for this forum - other people need an output too, not because we are "evil".

In my eyes "Miss BB" appears self centered and close-minded. She needs to be reminded there is more to life than herself and vanity.

SianDavies
Lurker
Lurker

MissBudgetBeauty

Post by SianDavies »

When I first started watching "Miss BB"s videos I was drawn to her laid back, girl-next-door attitude. Nowadays I find myself concerned at how frequently she lashes out at "haters" and curious as to why she seems so angry all the time.

In life there will be times you are taken out of context. When you are face-to-face with someone, you can explain what you actually ment and they will be able to see you are genuine. However on YouTube, it is a completely different story. This has been the case now for several months almost every time I post a comment on her blog or channel. I just cannot get through to her.

It seems like every time one of her commenters says something she finds offensive, she goes straight to a networking site, her blog or makes a video, without any regard to that persons feelings or what they might have actually meant. I guess that's one of the reasons for this forum - other people need an output too, not because we are "evil".

In my eyes "Miss BB" appears self centered and close-minded. She needs to be reminded there is more to life than herself and vanity.

Fluff
Informer
Informer

Re: MissBudgetBeauty

Post by Fluff »

Agree. She is VERY closed-minded and she quickly judges others but will not stand being judged herself.

I follow her on instagram and she posted when a commenter had advised that she didn't let Milo play with Lego on one of her videos She was absolutely livid. From what I could see, the person was only trying to be helpful.

Missbb portrays a lot of her life on camera, and is obviously going to be judged.

On the old forum I remember people thinking she favoured milo over Ella. I totally saw that in a video the other day where she was only focused on filming Milo and got annoyed when Ella would try and get on camera.

True_blue
Learner
Learner

Post by True_blue »

I agree with everything you both said. I found the video about her going on holiday without her children very hard to watch. It was very much 'don't judge me, but I can judge mothers who can't be apart from their children.'
She comes across as a bully, that's the reason I think she's not likeable.

Fluff
Informer
Informer

Post by Fluff »

True_blue wrote: She comes across as a bully, that's the reason I think she's not likeable.
I think that might be it. There is definitely something inherently unlikeable about the woman (she gets a lot of hate online, and according to her, in real life. She said at school people always disliked her. It's obviously a thing with her). I do think she's a bully.

A while ago, on her baby blog, she did a post about how she had a go at a little girl in the playground. I will post the link when I'm at a computer. Anyway, it was something like the girl had been picking on Ella, and I think Missbb had a go at the girl in the playground.. Rather than sorting things out like an adult. She said that all the parents in the playground then hated her. I can't imagine why! Anyway, she went on to seem sort of proud of this. I can understand wanting to defend your child, but this seems like bullying. It's also unlikely that she had the entire version if events. But yeah, shouting at a kid in the playground and being proud of it, seems very Missbb.

In her video with lauralovesbeautyx she was constantly making catty remarks.

She seems to have rubbed a lot of people up the wrong way in her life, and you'd think as a mother of two she would have tried to identify what might be causing this and sort it out. Apparently not though.

BlogReader
Learner
Learner

Post by BlogReader »

I like her blog and videos. She's a young blogger with a job, kids and husband. Her life isn't all about the most recently released Dior or Chanel overpriced piece of packaging that 90% of the other bloggers all review at the same time (much to our joint sense of boredom). If she was buying expensive brands you'd all be down on her like a ton of bricks saying she's depriving her kids. I like what she does, the products she chooses to review and she's good at it.

Unlike some people who blog/vlog i find her very honest about herself and her life. I don't feel obligated to like her and as long as she's not manipulating or lying to her followers i would personally never comment about the way she chooses to live her life or bring up her kids. I like watching her YT channels and she's honest enough not to put on a facade which is quite refreshing as there are already plenty of 'my perfect life' youtubers out there. She does get very upset by people who criticise her. She's probably just one of those people who's so over sensitive and defensive that she lashes out in attack whenever she feels threatened. If she was quite badly bullied at school it will have left a trace and she probably just comes across as bossy because she's got a straight-to-the-point attitude.

True_blue
Learner
Learner

Post by True_blue »

I do remember that video about the girl she had a go at, and I am not surprised they disliked her in the playground after that. The video with lauralovesbeautyx is when I realised she comes across as a bully. It was some of the things she did and the way she looked at Laura.

I don't really care how she lives her life or looks after her children but, she's putting videos on the Internet of her personal life. In some of these videos her and her husband have been really nasty about other people. There was one video where her husband said something about far people. Then in another they were making fun of a man in the post office. If you do things like that film it and put it on YouTube people are going to critise you for it.

You should watch her earlier videos because she was more likeable in the early days. Now she seem's to have gone too formal and confidant.

azealia
Informer
Informer

Post by azealia »

I like her but only because I like that she talks primarily about drugstore products, I like the content of her videos but I'm not sure about her. But I do think she's a very honest person and honest about her life, which is a good thing as it seems like everyone on youtube seems to be putting on some kind of facade at the moment.

The one thing I really hate about her videos though is the fact she starts every single freakin' one with a long ass explanation of why the background is different or the lighting or something about her hair or how she's tried to film this for the millionth time today. I don't care, nobody cares. Stfu and get on with the video. I have honestly never watched a youtube video and thought "oh I wonder why the background is different today!"

amakeupaddict
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by amakeupaddict »

azealia wrote:The one thing I really hate about her videos though is the fact she starts every single freakin' one with a long ass explanation of why the background is different or the lighting or something about her hair or how she's tried to film this for the millionth time today. I don't care, nobody cares. Stfu and get on with the video. I have honestly never watched a youtube video and thought "oh I wonder why the background is different today!"
Agreed, a quick this is my dining room would suffice. Also I don't need a 20 minute chat about how you've filmed this 30 times already.

True_blue
Learner
Learner

Post by True_blue »

Has anyone been watching her vlogs? Have you picked up that Ella Isn't in them any more! Someone asked her where she was and she didn't reply. If she is only going to show one child then she should keep both off camera, because this is why people think she favours milo over Ella.

Laura
Debater
Debater

Post by Laura »

I really enjoy watching her videos however I have left comments occasionally and she has been very rude and snappy in her replies. She's very happy to dish it out but not take it. I wonder how long it will be until she creates a username on here and tells us all how horrible we are?!

Nadine
Learner
Learner

Post by Nadine »

Urgh I just read her "weighty issue" blogpost, how vain is this lady. She is over dramatic about her weight gain, she's not even overweight. She's the kind of person you don't want to hear because she's just talking about herself. She's a bitch.

amakeupaddict
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by amakeupaddict »

I don't get why she was so annoyed by the personal trainer saying she'd never lose weight no matter how much running she did if she didn't change her diet. It's unrealistic to think that if you exercise a normal to more frequently than normal amount, you'll burn enough calories to eat whatever you want all of the time and lose weight!

curious88

Post by curious88 »

I know this is the "trash a guru" section- but I love MissBudgetBeauty! And I might be wrong, so don't quote me, but I'm pretty sure she said in a video at some point that Ella's father wasn't keen on her being in so many videos. So perhaps she doesn't feature Ella as much because it is Ella's father's preference for her not to be on the internet and in MBBs videos as often as she was in the beginning. Again, don't quote me but I'm almost positive I remember her saying something about that. And also, Ella does live part time with her father, so she just isn't there as often as Milo is.

Laura
Debater
Debater

Post by Laura »

curious88 wrote:I know this is the "trash a guru" section- but I love MissBudgetBeauty! And I might be wrong, so don't quote me, but I'm pretty sure she said in a video at some point that Ella's father wasn't keen on her being in so many videos. So perhaps she doesn't feature Ella as much because it is Ella's father's preference for her not to be on the internet and in MBBs videos as often as she was in the beginning. Again, don't quote me but I'm almost positive I remember her saying something about that. And also, Ella does live part time with her father, so she just isn't there as often as Milo is.
is that you MissBudgetBeauty?!

azealia
Informer
Informer

Post by azealia »

Laura wrote:
curious88 wrote:I know this is the "trash a guru" section- but I love MissBudgetBeauty! And I might be wrong, so don't quote me, but I'm pretty sure she said in a video at some point that Ella's father wasn't keen on her being in so many videos. So perhaps she doesn't feature Ella as much because it is Ella's father's preference for her not to be on the internet and in MBBs videos as often as she was in the beginning. Again, don't quote me but I'm almost positive I remember her saying something about that. And also, Ella does live part time with her father, so she just isn't there as often as Milo is.
is that you MissBudgetBeauty?!
Probably not - missbudgetbeauty commented under her own name on the old forum as herself. She'd probably do it again if she had something to say.

To be honest she doesn't really strike me as the type to not feature Ella in her videos just because the father says so. I just think she favours her baby over her daughter for the internet - babies get more views and likes.

Fluff
Informer
Informer

Post by Fluff »

Yeah, she still includes Ella sometimes, so I don't think it's that.

I meant to say this a whole ago, but when she was going back to work, she was addressing how many videos she'll be able to make. I think she works Tuesday-Friday. She said that she didn't want to spend a lot of her Monday making and editing videos because it was the only time she had alone with Milo. I definitely saw that as an example of her favouring Milo over Ella SO much. But anyway, I guess we don't know.

True_blue
Learner
Learner

Post by True_blue »

A few weeks ago I read on the baby's blog that they were celerbrating his birthday at hooters. It was Ella's birthday a few months ago and we didn't see much of that, but just sit back and watch she will make a massive deal over milo's birthday, which is just something he'll never remember. I know we only have these short video's to go off but it just seem's so obvious.

azealia
Informer
Informer

Post by azealia »

True_blue wrote:A few weeks ago I read on the baby's blog that they were celerbrating his birthday at hooters. It was Ella's birthday a few months ago and we didn't see much of that, but just sit back and watch she will make a massive deal over milo's birthday, which is just something he'll never remember. I know we only have these short video's to go off but it just seem's so obvious.
Celebrating a babies birthday at Hooters? interesting choice of location...

SallyCinnamon
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by SallyCinnamon »

Babies do tend to be the centre of attention in families to be fair. As the oldest child of six I always remember the newest baby being the focus of the family. But I don't watch her vlog channel much so maybe I'm not as informed as everyone else.

She is another one of the gurus who seems to favour white skin, orange face though, it's funny to see her talking about how great her Colourstay is when her hands and neck are 3 or 4 shades lighter than her face.

Return to “MissBudgetBeauty”