Anna Akana

Forum rules
Please keep in mind - No Homophobic or Racist Posts!
ItsRawrzz
Informer
Informer
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Anna Akana

Post by ItsRawrzz »

I think because she's being filmed, it's more like she's acting for the camera - she's acting confident, because that's her character. Maybe in real life she's more awkward and shy, especially in new situations. I know when I was doing drama in school, I was very withdrawn and shy, but the moment I was performing, I was no longer "me", I was the person I was playing as. I apply it to every day situations too. Sometimes when I enter new environments and meet new people, I play a more confident version of myself which, as time goes on, slowly decreases because I become more confident naturally and don't need to rely on pretending to be so.

kabukixo
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by kabukixo »

True.. she IS an actress!

Nana
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by Nana »

I'm absolutely speechless, her last video was...

[youtube][/youtube]

I have to admit that she made me cry :(

Post by Guest »

That was so intense. Everything she said was true, though, and I commend her for having the guts to put this up.

iainthatin
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by iainthatin »

I like her, I don't think she was ever ripping off Tran. She's honest, and that's good.

Summersby
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by Summersby »

I don't think she's ripping off anyone, either. The initial post that began this thread is fail.

Kleineganz

Post by Kleineganz »

Anna just had her website redone. It's cool, but one thing that struck me was the fact she actually posted her height and weight on her resume. Really goes to show what hollywood really values. :x

http://www.annaakana.com/resume/

herpderpin
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by herpderpin »

98 pounds, wow she is tiny.

whocares
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by whocares »

Kleineganz wrote:Anna just had her website redone. It's cool, but one thing that struck me was the fact she actually posted her height and weight on her resume. Really goes to show what hollywood really values. :x

http://www.annaakana.com/resume/
You're supposed to list it on theatre resumes too.
It's important because certain characters have to be around a certain size.
I see what you're saying, but that's not why they're listed.

massieblock13
Talker
Talker

Post by massieblock13 »

can she not list Riley Rewind as an Internet based project on her resume? Just curious.

Kleineganz

Post by Kleineganz »

massieblock13 wrote:can she not list Riley Rewind as an Internet based project on her resume? Just curious.
Yeah, I was wondering about that myself. Maybe because she wrote it, not just starred in it? It's possible she's tailoring her resume specifically towards acting only right now.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

kabukixo
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by kabukixo »

I love her 12 short films project. It's nice to see someone so driven and hard working!

maiaolorin
Lurker
Lurker

Post by maiaolorin »

I love Anna too! Have you guys seen her interview with Cast & Crew Call? http://castandcrewcall.com/have-coffee- ... interview/ I'm so happy that all of her hard work is paying off...I hate it when people accuse others of "copying," referring to a style, not material. I love Natalie as well, but I'm glad that there are more and more Asian females doing comedy skits on YouTube. As long as it's their own material and it makes me laugh, the more the merrier!

Souleste
Talker
Talker

Post by Souleste »

Love her. One of the few female youtubers with actual intelligence and original character that doesn't falter to whatever's "in" at the time. Her videos are both witty and insightful.
What peeves me is that there are these youtubers who do nothing but post challenges and talk random shit who get ten times more views and recognition than Anna, just because they have a British accent and are semi good looking.
Any opinions on her recent short film, "Emergency Call"? For a beginner in directing, I think she's brilliant.

Lurker05693
Informer
Informer

Post by Lurker05693 »

im so disapointed by anna. she was one of my favorite youtubers.. and i knew she take drug because of who her boyfriend is but doing a video and telling your demographic of 14-17 its okay to try it is totally wrong..

she uploaded the video, then delete it and reuploaded it without the audible ad. i guess they asked her to take the video down because they dint want to be associate with this awful message
ENGLISH IS NOT MY FIRST LANGUAGE PLEASE DONT BE TOO HARSH ABOUT MY GRAMMAR OR ANY MISSPELLING. THANK YOU

Lydia Deetz
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Lydia Deetz »

jennthelurker wrote:im so disapointed by anna. she was one of my favorite youtubers.. and i knew she take drug because of who her boyfriend is but doing a video and telling your demographic of 14-17 its okay to try it is totally wrong..

she uploaded the video, then delete it and reuploaded it without the audible ad. i guess they asked her to take the video down because they dint want to be associate with this awful message
What happened? :| She had a video about drugs?
Live people ignore the strange and unusual
I myself am strange and unusual

RabbieWingz
Informer
Informer

Post by RabbieWingz »

I was disappointed too, I didn't know that she was pro drugs and sex for teenagers, I didn't watch the rest of the video after she said that.
Kids are gonna see the video and start doing drugs etc because someone admirable on YouTube said it's fine -_-
I'm also guessing that she forgot to mention the part about drugs being illegal in most places...

iainthatin
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by iainthatin »

I actually don't disagree with what she said in her video. I like her honesty and straightforward approach. The only thing I don't agree with is the notion that we'll all have a ton of sex partners… I've only had one partner so far, in my early 20s and don't want to have sex with too many more people. I think she was just using hyperbole, and like I said, I approve of her message. Kids are gonna try these things no matter what anyone says, and if they got anything from her video, it was smart advice, telling them to be safe, etc.

MarlboroPrincess
Informer
Informer

Post by MarlboroPrincess »

I've watched Akana I while as well, and I don't mind the video at all either.

Kids do these things, kids that have things set in their mind ARE GOING TO DO IT. I knew in highschool I didn't want to do drugs or drink, so guess what? I didn't. I drank half of a Mike's Hard Lemonade in 8th , and a shot of tequila in 9th. But as soon as I was about done (as in I knew there was no way I WASN'T going to graduate), hell yes-I went out and tried A LOT OF THINGS. AND I DO NOT REGRET ANY OF IT.

BUT with that being said, I was always safe. Any drug I tried, I looked up 12 tons of information on it. How much to take, how much not to take, what to eat, what to drink, or not drink, etc. And I always took it in the comfort of my own home, with a sober roommate to be there JUST IN CASE. Some of the best times of my life.

Anna is also right about pot. DARE does lie and fear monger kids. It doesn't work. And actually after typing this, I applaud her. Good for her for taking a stand on what she thinks and believes, despite what others may think or say. <3
Gobble Gobble Gobble

Post by Guest »

Apparently she and Ray broke up in May. Kinda figured they had broken up or were taking a break and on their way to a break up when Anna's filming location changed and she posted a video about private life changing issues awhile back. I wonder who is keeping the cats? I applaud them for being able to (mostly) hide it and stay very civil.

Return to “A-M”