In Memory of Talia Castellano

needles
Informer
Informer
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: In Memory of Talia Castellano

Post by needles »

kittykat wrote:Her mom and sister are going to be on the Today Show tomorrow if anyone is interested.
I know this is a memorial thread, but I find this action kind of incongruent. :|

Anyway, if you think about it, Talia accomplished much more than many adults ever have or will. She got to do a lot of things in her lifetime, unlike many others who have met similar fates. If you could say someone who lived their life with cancer had a life pretty well lived, well... I guess you could say that about Talia.

Queue the caseycoutures and foreverkailyns of the internet plugging her name for hits.

pookie
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by pookie »

The Facebook updates sounded like she was doing so much better. I know she is resting in peace with no more pain or suffering.

ThatOne
Debater
Debater

Post by ThatOne »

I literally gasped when I read the news. She was always so bright and upbeat despite her pain. I've learned so much from her even with her being 10 years younger than me. There was this mature air about her that was just so captivating when it came to her situation. When she talked about giveaways in her last video it broke my heart. After literally just talking about her pain and depression, she still had her subscribers in mind. The world has lost an amazing person and I wish her and her family all the best.

RIP Talia <3

mustardmoon1
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by mustardmoon1 »

I too was hopeful that she would stick around a little longer. But that little burst of energy she had at the end was really just another sign that she would be passing on. It's very common for a terminal cancer patient to appear to be better for a few days only to succumb quickly. I am truly sad about her because she was a person with so much potential. Such an outgoing personality and so much intelligence. RIP Talia :angel:
Never refuse an invitation, never resist the unfamiliar, never fail to be polite, and never outstay your welcome. Just keep your mind open and suck in the experience. And if it hurts you, know what? It was probably worth it........Leonardo DiCaprio

blameitonthealtitude
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by blameitonthealtitude »

I wonder if their reading with Theresa Caputo was filmed for a future episode of 'the long island medium'.

Slagg
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by Slagg »

I've never watched her videos, but it was HARD to read that news. I teared up, I couldn't take it. She was just so young... so full of Life and spirit. She taught us all that cancer isn't just being sick-- it's also being very alive, despite the illness, and being the best you can be with your time. I just Pray she's at Peace... she most certainly deserves it.
I WISH YOU WOULD, bitch nozzle.

Slagg
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by Slagg »

notahatergator wrote:I wonder if their reading with Theresa Caputo was filmed for a future episode of 'the long island medium'.
REALLY???

cherrygirl016

Post by cherrygirl016 »

I was really saddened to hear of her passing. Not surprised, but very sad. I believe she's in a better place now, but it's a tragedy when such a young person goes. I'm praying for her family.

kittykat

Post by kittykat »

Slagg wrote:
notahatergator wrote:I wonder if their reading with Theresa Caputo was filmed for a future episode of 'the long island medium'.
REALLY???
I am confused about how Theresa got there/what the purpose was. She flew down from New York to Orlando when she found out Talia had passed or what? Or was she already planning to visit Talia, but she passed before Theresa arrived?

Flaffy22
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Flaffy22 »

I won't be watching the today show interview with her mother and sister tomorrow. I think they were asking "too much" of them to come in and do an interview only one day after Talia's death. I'm sure Talia's Mom will be absolutely distraught and that will be too painful to watch.
''Oh Hai Mark''

"O'at for a rip are ya' baud?"

g0ldengirl
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by g0ldengirl »

Rest in peace, beautiful angel. <3

maybe_its_photoshop
Debater
Debater

Post by maybe_its_photoshop »

Flaffy22 wrote:I won't be watching the today show interview with her mother and sister tomorrow. I think they were asking "too much" of them to come in and do an interview only one day after Talia's death. I'm sure Talia's Mom will be absolutely distraught and that will be too painful to watch.
Completely agree. When I lost my brother, I didn't talk for six days. I barely left my room except to shower or go to the bathroom. I know everyone deals with grief differently, but asking someone to appear on a tv show and talk about their lost daughter/sister less than 24 hours after it happened? That's just too much, too soon. I don't think the family should have to go through that. :(
it doesn't have to be forever... just as long as i'm the name, on your tattooed heart ♥
[9.14.12]

needles
Informer
Informer

Post by needles »

maybe_its_photoshop wrote:
Flaffy22 wrote:I won't be watching the today show interview with her mother and sister tomorrow. I think they were asking "too much" of them to come in and do an interview only one day after Talia's death. I'm sure Talia's Mom will be absolutely distraught and that will be too painful to watch.
Completely agree. When I lost my brother, I didn't talk for six days. I barely left my room except to shower or go to the bathroom. I know everyone deals with grief differently, but asking someone to appear on a tv show and talk about their lost daughter/sister less than 24 hours after it happened? That's just too much, too soon. I don't think the family should have to go through that. :(
Yeah, I can't believe they even WANTED to appear. Grief is an all consuming thing, and they'll be on TV, what, less than 24 hours after her death? That's a scary thought.
Slagg wrote:
REALLY???
I would definitely not be surprised if that was the case. And I'm sure the filming for that lasted half a day with repeated takes.

Flaffy22
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Flaffy22 »

All these Celebrities are tweeting about Talia's passing:

http://hollywoodlife.com/2013/07/16/tal ... er-tweets/

I didn't really realize until now how internet famous Talia really was.
''Oh Hai Mark''

"O'at for a rip are ya' baud?"

blameitonthealtitude
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by blameitonthealtitude »

Slagg wrote:
REALLY???
What does your "REALLY???" refer to? The fact that they had a reading with the 'famous' Theresa/Long Island Medium or that I'm questioning if it was taped?

But yes really to Theresa visiting. They posted it on the 'Angels for Talia' facebook page earlier today. They didn't say if it was planned for her to visit Talia prior to her passing (as some sort of celebrity visit) or if Theresa came because she heard of Talia passing, though.

Lorelei
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by Lorelei »

Oh my Talia.
I never disliked her ever. She really has inspired me when I first saw her youtube videos forever back. I always wondered how could someone so young, so sick be so confident and excited about life? When I first found out today, I was scrolling along instagram and I saw Amanda Bynes posting a RIP Talia picture. I was SO offended and I was about to rage because I havent heard of the news. I was going to type something along the lines of is this a sick joke? But then I read the comments then quickly googled and found out about the passing. I was s h o c k e d. She was so young, only 13 years? Wow. I really am proud of everything she has accomplished though like let's think about it. She has accomplished things girl DREAM of and I honestly don't think she hasn't taken anything for granted. She honestly deserved to achieve everything she has such as being a youtube star, meeting Ellen, even being a cover girl! Im so sad that I wont be able to see her youtube page updated. She's an amazing little girl and Im so upset about this tragic news. I honestly thought she was going to kick cancers ass. She had an amazing attitude and so so so much belief in herself. One of my favorite things she said was. I think in a youtube video, 'Everyone keeps asking if im going to die. Well yes I am and so are you." She seriously was SO adorable. Sigh. Im honestly truly upset over this.

Talia, rest in peace doll and rock on those perfect brows :)

I hope her family will be okay and pull together through this rough experience.
Kalel's Spread
SO KAWAII!!!!

Slagg
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by Slagg »

notahatergator wrote:
Slagg wrote:
REALLY???
What does your "REALLY???" refer to? The fact that they had a reading with the 'famous' Theresa/Long Island Medium or that I'm questioning if it was taped?

But yes really to Theresa visiting. They posted it on the 'Angels for Talia' facebook page earlier today. They didn't say if it was planned for her to visit Talia prior to her passing (as some sort of celebrity visit) or if Theresa came because she heard of Talia passing, though.
It refers to the fact that this thread is for condolences, not gossip. Please: Let's stick to the subject matter.

BellaJane
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by BellaJane »

So sad. I just saw one of my friends on facebook share a memorial story and my stomach fell. I've only watched a handful of her videos and I never really followed her too closely, but she had an amazing spirit. I remember watching her on Ellen and genuinely admiring her. Anyone who spends years knowing that they are battling a life threatening disease, but still manages to have the life that Talia had is amazing to me. I understand a lot of people saying " I really thought she would pull through" because she was just so vibrant and alive it was near impossible to consider that life being taken. I never thought it would happen, I was sure we'd hear one day that she was all clear and in remission for good :( It was so easy to forget that this girl was actively battling cancer for most of her life. RIP you fabulous little babydoll, rock those bedazzled angel wings

cocoapuff
Informer
Informer

Post by cocoapuff »

This poor little girl and her family :( She had such a hard life for that short time but was always so strong and spirited. Even though death from cancer is somewhat expected, it still ravages a family beyond belief. They'll all be in my prayers. R.I.P. Talia :love2:

ChanelleJo
Debater
Debater

Post by ChanelleJo »

RIP <3
You might notice some spelling mistakes or grammar errors. Sorry, not a native English speaker.

Return to “taliajoy18”