ThatsHeart

unconTROLLable
Learner
Learner
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: ThatsHeart

Post by unconTROLLable »

I think she is 24 and I agree she slowly is turning into the typical. I liked her and even watch her videos once in a while but I def am getting annoyed by her always just jumping on bandwagons such as tory burch, michael kors and what bugs me is she gets the same thing in every freakin color. I really like the old her now even her voice has changed. :raging:

almondeyed1988
Learner
Learner

Post by almondeyed1988 »

I totally agree. One of her old videos popped up in my recommendations and I can't believe how much she has changed. She has become such a follower now. I used to think she had a cute style but every fashion haul she comes out with I get more and more turned off. She's my age but she dressing like my 8 year old cousin. I don't know if she's trying to stay relatable to her young viewers or her style has just gotten crappy. I was in forever 21 and I couldnt believe that there were so many kiddie style shirts in there. I guess its better than young girls wearing hoochie type outfits lol. I remember watching her no mirror tag and thinking that this was the first time in months that she did her makeup in a different way. I'm going to give her another month and if she hasn't come out with any new makeup tutorials, I'm unsubscribing. Also did anyone notice how damaged her hair has gotten? Girl needs to layoff the teasing, heat, and hairspray for awhile.

tutu
Learner
Learner

Post by tutu »

I will have to agree with everyone here. I used to actually like her in the beginning, she seemed genuine and unscripted and was relatable to her audience. I mean, she can still be cute and I still find myself laughing sometimes at her and arnold's interactions cause they can still be cute, but she's become so "boring" lately. What I mean by boring is she has not done anything substantial in relation to make up or beauty or whatever in a freaking lonnnnggg butt time. Her fashion hauls are meh. I agree with y'all that her choices have become so youngin' and I don't understand how a grown up woman like her (I'm her age as well) can still carry herself the way she does sometimes. She does dress up her age sometimes still but her disney world outfits were just too kiddie (and we all agreed on that). But whatever floats her boat.

Anyway, the real reason why I even wanted to talk about Heart was because I wanted to know if it's just me or has anyone else noticed that she has sort of started to copy/imitate nikkiphillipi lately. I noticed the change on her instagram pictures that she smiled differently now and is also posting "mirror outfit pictures" with her mouth hanging open in a smile with matching BIG and surprised-like eyes, like nikki has always done. I thought it suited nikki because that's the way she actually is in her videos. She's a little too cheerful and smiles a lot with her mouth open and can be very expressive and theatric. Heart on the other hand, I never really saw as such but she poses like nikki now. She even tilts her head and looks at her iphone the way nikki does. Idk if it's just me but if anyone has noticed that then, cool. LOL.

foxoxoxo
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by foxoxoxo »

does anyone mind linking me to her disneyworld outfit? I don't follow heart on anything anymore, I just realised she's changed so much, and she's just become a little bit too materialistic to me... :P , she seems nice, but i get the whole "two-faced" vibe about her now, I agree with most of you saying she was relatable back in the day... I'm tired of seeing her hauls and sponsored vids... Sucks, she seemed like a nice girl with funny tags and vlogs.. :/
Makoto Tachibana gives me a reason to get up in the morning Image

almondeyed1988
Learner
Learner

Post by almondeyed1988 »

almondeyed1988
Learner
Learner

Post by almondeyed1988 »

Sorry for the double post

I don't watch NickiPhilippi because she just comes off way too hyper like a chihuahua or something lol. I did check out her twitter and I noticed the mirror outfit pictures. I really can't stand when girls pose with their mouths agape, cough missglamorazzi cough. It either comes off extremely childish or extremely sexual. Heart is going down the childish path. I noticed that youtube beauty community is exactly like a stereotypical high school. Some ppl copy off of others to stay popular or maybe just relevant. It's sad to say that Heart was never really original. She had her personality going for her but now she's even lost that.

stayclassylassy

Post by stayclassylassy »

I first came across Heart from the video Jermaine did with her. She seemed a bit snobbish in the video, since she was constantly touching her hair, but I still subscribed to her channel. Surprisingly, she turned out to be a sweet girl who used mainly drugstore products. Back in her old videos she bought mainly cheap products and even mentioned how she thought a lot of things were expensive; she acted like a regular person, unlike other gurus who are like "this was really cheap, it was only 26$ for a shirt (or whatever)". Now after being on YouTube for awhile she goes out and buys expensive things, which is fine if you have the money, but I do miss the old Heart.

foxoxoxo
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by foxoxoxo »

eck... She seems like she's trying really hard to gain a younger following... Doesn't suit her at all... Kinda reminds of those girls/guys what have u, who still hang out with a younger group, even when they're a tad bit older than them, and they make themselves looking like fool

On another note, I know people who like to get into the spirit of dressing like that to disneyland/world, I know I do, I'll wear ears and t-shirt with minnie or mickey on it, but that's it... That's more for a younger person going to Disney for the first time

tutu
Learner
Learner

Post by tutu »

Hmmm.. she does seem to have become materialistic lately. And I have to agree with her looking a tad bit trying too hard on appealing to younger people. It just doesn't look natural on her. I also first saw her on jarmaine's channel and subscribed to show support. She seemed sweet and a little bit shy and I liked her hauls because they were mostly affordable things. I noticed though that she describes almost everything she likes in the same manner, "ohhh it's just ughhhhh.. it's so cuuuteee!! I really enjoy this. ughh.. isn't this so cuuuteee?" lol. sorry I just had to squeeze that last bit in.

viviansweethart
Wallflower
Wallflower

Post by viviansweethart »

She used to be my favorite guru but she's transforming into the materialistic YT guru. She is so boring now. Her room tour was the breaking point for me. It looks like a room of a materialistic and careless spender. She's trying too hard to fit in with the other gurus. I swear Elle has those same mirror bedside tables. She's a Tory Burch-oholic too. I swear all the YT gurus have a shot at interior designing.

unconTROLLable
Learner
Learner

Post by unconTROLLable »

viviansweethart wrote:She used to be my favorite guru but she's transforming into the materialistic YT guru. She is so boring now. Her room tour was the breaking point for me. It looks like a room of a materialistic and careless spender. She's trying too hard to fit in with the other gurus. I swear Elle has those same mirror bedside tables. She's a Tory Burch-oholic too. I swear all the YT gurus have a shot at interior designing.
couldn't agree more! that hayworth collection is so overused and pricey! her old room was the complete opposite and now you can tell she is spending her money carelessly but I guess its because she does so many sponsored videos she can do that now :(

Forever Eccentric
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by Forever Eccentric »

She's changed so much and her make-up looks really heavy.

foxoxoxo
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by foxoxoxo »

Forever Eccentric wrote:She's changed so much and her make-up looks really heavy.
I remember someone saying on the old gg they saw her in real life and she had a ton of makeup on lol
She has though, she was so cute in her first few vids and way more relatable.
I noticed she even changed they way she talks.. :(

tutu
Learner
Learner

Post by tutu »

foxoxoxo wrote:
Forever Eccentric wrote:She's changed so much and her make-up looks really heavy.
I remember someone saying on the old gg they saw her in real life and she had a ton of makeup on lol
She has though, she was so cute in her first few vids and way more relatable.
I noticed she even changed they way she talks.. :(
I'm not really trying to be mean but I guess without make-up, she looks sort of washed out. Idk if it's just me but she looks kind of plain and pale and lacking color. Idk maybe it's her camera.. but I understand why she piles on the blush. LOL. (not really a fan of those heavy pink cheeks that some people are)

She was cute in her first few videos and I looked forward to them. Now, they're just ehh.. she seems more of a show-off now. Yeah I guess she has changed. She has been changed by the materialistic part of the youtube community. oh well. It's so sad to see how all these gurus go down the same road.

unconTROLLable
Learner
Learner

Post by unconTROLLable »

skinnymini wrote:The thing that annoys me is when beauty companies like NYX and Benefit send her stuff when she doesn't even do anything different with her makeup looks. She does the same face: foundation, bronzer, blush, cat liner, mascara, and a pink lip. I just think it's a waste to send it to someone who doesn't really have an interest in makeup or experimenting with different looks.

It's cool if she found a signature look, but she needs to stop bragging about her free swag, which is most likely going to waste. If I were her, I would just do a giveaway for people who would use it. I wish beauty companies, esp. Benefit would do more research on who they send their stuff too. All I see Heart use from them is maybe their primer? And just flat out bragging. Such a turn off and I doubt I will shop for Benefit products going forward.
I couldn't agree more with you. Makes me wonder if some of these makeup brands are clueless as to what guru they're choosing for their product. Its really been annoying me that heart has not done a genuine, "for the fans" video. Almost every video of hers is sponsored or in connection with hauler deals since she's practically their minion now. She needs a reality check because she is just way too into hoarding the SAME stuff over and over. example: her makeup, rebecca minkoff, tory burch and jeffrey campbells. STORY OF HER LIFE lol

almondeyed1988
Learner
Learner

Post by almondeyed1988 »

Heart has become more and more disappointing. I feel like she is becoming just like Holly and just uploading a video when her paychecks become low. Its crazy how she used to upload so much in the beginning and now she doesn't care anymore. I'm really annoyed by the whole Benefit thing. It just becomes hoarding because she uses the same makeup over and over. Sometimes I feel like she just uses drugstore makeup in her videos to seem more relatable but uses high end makeup in real life. Like I've said earlier, I do think makeup is her weak point and that's why she doesn't do makeup tutorials. But if her subbies keep requesting it, I don't understand why she can't play around with the makeup and come up with a tutorial.

tutu
Learner
Learner

Post by tutu »

idk if it's just me but the way she talks is starting to annoy me. i think it's the way she lowers and heightens her pitch like she's talking to a child (or is a child herself). -___- also, her accent is a bit more apparent.

foxoxoxo
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by foxoxoxo »

Yeah, I noticed that, back in her first few vids, her voice was more laid back, and relaxed, I feel like now she tries to emulate many other gurus to attract a younger fanbase, hence her attitude and her child-like behavior.

Shiro
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Shiro »

how old is she anyway?

preppy07
Wallflower
Wallflower

Post by preppy07 »

I think she is fake and so is her relationship with Arnold it just seem all too perfect. and her personality is very telling its very child like.Heart has changed a lot I like her when she first started out i could relate but now its like everything she does has to be perfect even her room her relationship and her dog.oh wait her dog is not perfect just bad.lol I just think she is too fake and not real it like she doesn't have a personality at all.Anne her friend is real why can't she be real and honest and not try and be so perfect all the time.and I didn't like her recent vlog to Disney she didn't say oh hey you guys were going on this ride or where going to this store.it was just them walking around not enjoying the rides or anything else around them very boring and not interesting at all smh...

Return to “P-U”