Learner
Learner
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: The truth about Ingrid Nilsen...

Post by CINDERELLA »

effervescence wrote:
losiento wrote:[youtube][/youtube]
Starting at 4:19.. her claim is total 180 to what insider is saying....
And She looks SO uncomfortable and almost guilty in that part saying she has few dating experiences and she's definitely not a serial dater...she keeps looking down ,,
Accurate observation! I used to buy her claims, now I'm just... disappointed I guess.
her eyes in that thumbnail are so empty... :/

crew96
Learner
Learner

Post by crew96 »

alcoholicferrets wrote:There's one thing I remember Ingrid saying about her architecture major (which is already a lie, I guess)...but she was talking about how her classes were mostly guys and they would disrespect her and say she must have done something with the teacher to get good grades. Do you know if that sort of thing really happened?
I go to The Ohio State University and know a lot of girls who are in Architecture. Why would they disrespect her? That's laughable. Probably just something she said to get pity...and make it appear like she really was in that major. But I HIGHLY doubt anything like that happened. You don't really even talk about your grades in college with other peers. So how would they know her grades? Pity party....

CINDERELLA
Learner
Learner

Post by CINDERELLA »

crew96 wrote:
alcoholicferrets wrote:There's one thing I remember Ingrid saying about her architecture major (which is already a lie, I guess)...but she was talking about how her classes were mostly guys and they would disrespect her and say she must have done something with the teacher to get good grades. Do you know if that sort of thing really happened?
I go to The Ohio State University and know a lot of girls who are in Architecture. Why would they disrespect her? That's laughable. Probably just something she said to get pity...and make it appear like she really was in that major. But I HIGHLY doubt anything like that happened. You don't really even talk about your grades in college with other peers. So how would they know her grades? Pity party....
I remember what she said in the video but it was that she was the only girl (or one of very few) in her architecture-type class in high school and so the guys would be sexist against her. It's different from what you mean. I guess if you're in high school, you know who's getting good grades, unlike in college which is less personal. Ingrid was 'smart' (idk) and so she received good grades and the male students were cruel to her.

I don't know if what Ingrid said is true, especially because the insider said that she was popular in high school with the guys, but it's not totally impossible. There are cruel elementary/middle/high school students :/

ShortOne
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by ShortOne »

Wait, were the comments made in high school or college?

CINDERELLA
Learner
Learner

Post by CINDERELLA »

ShortOne wrote:Wait, were the comments made in high school or college?
high school!! if it were college, people wouldn't be so immature and there'd be more girls.

ShortOne
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by ShortOne »

CINDERELLA wrote:
high school!! if it were college, people wouldn't be so immature and there'd be more girls.
That's why I asked, I was like whaaaat? What college do students care that much about what each other are doing?

High School makes sense, people are stupid there. Seriously though, the comments made about her sleeping with the teacher could have gotten the teacher in a lot of trouble. I know where I am, if there is any speculation the teacher is suspended while they are investigating.

BellaJane
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by BellaJane »

ShortOne wrote:
CINDERELLA wrote:
That's why I asked, I was like whaaaat? What college do students care that much about what each other are doing?

High School makes sense, people are stupid there. Seriously though, the comments made about her sleeping with the teacher could have gotten the teacher in a lot of trouble. I know where I am, if there is any speculation the teacher is suspended while they are investigating.

I was always a little confused when I saw that video. I went to a very large University and I started out as an Athletic Training major during my first year. As you can probably imagine, we were *very* short on girls. I was one of two girls in my first Lab and the only girl in my AT practical session. All of my instructors were male and every athlete in the training centers was male but I never got treated any differently than any of my classmates.

But in high school I can understand that it was different. I can't see it being as widespread or vicious as she made it seem. Maybe that's just my personal experience making me biased, because I never encountered people bullying me--or anyone else--for being smart or taking certain courses. But I just feel like she exaggerated how people treated her. And how do they know what grades she got unless she let them know. Even in high school grades are supposed to be kept between teacher and student.

ShortOne
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by ShortOne »

l'enqueteur wrote: I was always a little confused when I saw that video. I went to a very large University and I started out as an Athletic Training major during my first year. As you can probably imagine, we were *very* short on girls. I was one of two girls in my first Lab and the only girl in my AT practical session. All of my instructors were male and every athlete in the training centers was male but I never got treated any differently than any of my classmates.

But in high school I can understand that it was different. I can't see it being as widespread or vicious as she made it seem. Maybe that's just my personal experience making me biased, because I never encountered people bullying me--or anyone else--for being smart or taking certain courses. But I just feel like she exaggerated how people treated her. And how do they know what grades she got unless she let them know. Even in high school grades are supposed to be kept between teacher and student.
Yeah, I feel the same way. I don't see how they knew her grades. No one knew my grades unless I told them.

lullabybird
Learner
Learner

Post by lullabybird »

in small classes you're bound to know. same with me at my college. back in high school everybody would turn their heads too when the tests were handed out right? same now. plus what do you do when people ask you what you got on the test? nobody screams: "i'm not telling you!!" and runs off...

Kleineganz

Post by Kleineganz »

racerme wrote:this is for Kleniganz, what do you feel after reading these insight scoops? I know u are a fan.
I'm first and foremost a fan of Luke, and only by proxy of Ingrid. I'm not that much into watching beauty videos anyway and Ingrid's are really the only ones I've seen (other than Michelle Phan's Sailormoon tutorial). Honestly though, to me watching people's vlogs are like a form of low-budget reality tv and I watch it for pure entertainment. Whether or not these allegations about Ingrid are true or not, it's not going to make me stop watching.

paperbackwriter
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by paperbackwriter »

lullabybird wrote:in small classes you're bound to know. same with me at my college. back in high school everybody would turn their heads too when the tests were handed out right? same now. plus what do you do when people ask you what you got on the test? nobody screams: "i'm not telling you!!" and runs off...
I go to a very small college and sometimes it's academically competitive and everyone tries to compare but also a lot of the time (and always with me) people are like IDGAF and mind their own business.

I can see why people would make it an issue in high school though, I had friends in CAD or whatever the drafting class was and they felt uncomfortable because the guys wouldn't be very nice about it. All the architecture majors I know though (none at my school, we're not about that life) are girls, incidentally.

I can't see why she'd lie about that, and it sounds believable, but honestly she's apparently lied about a lot that is totally believable.

ShortOne
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by ShortOne »

I go to a tiny college (or went, graduating this semester, and it's a community college) and no one here cares about other's grades. So strange, didn't think college kids cared about their peers, that's how it is here.

BellaJane
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by BellaJane »

lullabybird wrote:in small classes you're bound to know. same with me at my college. back in high school everybody would turn their heads too when the tests were handed out right? same now. plus what do you do when people ask you what you got on the test? nobody screams: "i'm not telling you!!" and runs off...
I went to a small high school, my graduating class was only 35 students (not including those who graduated by proxy). We never had any of that, even in my Physics class when there was only 4 of us. Exams were handed out with the grades on the final page--or on an additional page stapled in--so that nobody but you could see it. And even then nobody really bothered to ask each other what they got. I'm starting to wonder what went on in everybody elses high school...haha some of the things that other people talk about happening is so foreign to me!

bocuma
Stalker
Stalker

Post by bocuma »

When Ingrid first started on youtube she wouldn't even tell anyone her real name or what state she lived in. And then she posted a "palm springs house tour". What was up with that? I know you don't want to talk about her parents but you said they weren't considered wealthy. Was it just a vacation house they stayed in?

Kleineganz

Post by Kleineganz »

bocuma wrote:When Ingrid first started on youtube she wouldn't even tell anyone her real name or what state she lived in. And then she posted a "palm springs house tour". What was up with that? I know you don't want to talk about her parents but you said they weren't considered wealthy. Was it just a vacation house they stayed in?
Is that video still up somewhere? I couldn't find it.

Coccinelle
Lurker
Lurker

Post by Coccinelle »

l'enqueteur wrote:
I went to a small high school, my graduating class was only 35 students (not including those who graduated by proxy). We never had any of that, even in my Physics class when there was only 4 of us. Exams were handed out with the grades on the final page--or on an additional page stapled in--so that nobody but you could see it. And even then nobody really bothered to ask each other what they got. I'm starting to wonder what went on in everybody elses high school...haha some of the things that other people talk about happening is so foreign to me!
When I was in high school a lot of professors read the grades out loud before giving us back the papers. So everybody knew. Or they had the papers sorted by grades (from the highest to the lowest) so if you got your paper first the whole class knew you got the best grade. So, yeah...we knew each others grades. But that was in high school. That said - no one ever got bullied from others about grades. No one cared about that.

lululu
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by lululu »

Where is the insider??

an0n
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by an0n »

I think when Ingrid says she's not a serial dater, she means it in the dates and hookups sense, where as what the insider is saying is that she just goes from boyfriend to boyfriend. Like I have a friend who hasn't been single for more than like a month and a half since she was 17 (now 22) but has only been with 4 boys. 4 boys over 5 years is not a lot especially when comparing to some peers.

alcoholicferrets
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by alcoholicferrets »

Maybe the insider doesn't want to share anymore gossip about Ingrid because she saw the Dear YouTube video. Or there's another reasonable explanation - she's got stuff to do. However, I continue to be very curious about these claims Ingrid made about school...

ShortOne
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by ShortOne »

On the Pacific Coast it's only 11:30. She may be busy. I'm only on because I have the day off, or I would be busy with other stuff. I think she'll be back.

Return to “Ingrid Nilsen”