Playlist Live

AmandaPandaBear
Learner
Learner
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Playlist Live

Post by AmandaPandaBear »

A lot of people say they like Playlist Live better than Vidcon. A lot of big youtubers go, it's in Orlando, Fl instead of LA and it's much more of a community than Vidcon. Have you guys been? Will you go in the future? How does it compare to Vidcon?

germtheworm
Wallflower
Wallflower

Re: Playlist Live

Post by germtheworm »

I went to Playlist last year, and I'm going again in March. While I haven't been to Vidcon, I know of quite a few youtubers that prefer Playlist. I spoke with Nathan of Desandnate and he said that he prefers Playlist Live because the convention itself is held in a hotel rather than a convention center. This makes things super convient. Also, the youtubers that are staying at the hotel sometimes hang out in the lobby. I met a few that way and it was really cool to have the opportunity to just talk for a bit. Also, Mattg124 said in a video a while back that he likes Playlist Live better than Vidcon because its much more chill. Vidcon seems to have a stricter feel, if that makes sense. Playlist seems to be more like "Hey! There's someone that you want to meet? Come over and hang out!", where as Vidcon seems to be more like "Oh you want to see someone? Go stand in a line and wait." Also, the tickets for Playlist Live are currently cheaper than Vidcon tickets :D

Post by Guest »

I'm going to playlist live. ;)

Kleineganz

Post by Kleineganz »

I'd like to go someday, but currently can't justify it. I already go to 1 conference and 1 convention every year and just can't fit another into my schedule. Maybe if I get popular enough on YouTube I'd go, but as of right now I see no reason to.

GamerGirl1990
Informer
Informer

Post by GamerGirl1990 »

Which one do you go to? Leaky Con?

Kleineganz

Post by Kleineganz »

GamerGirl1990 wrote:Which one do you go to? Leaky Con?
I go to Starfest in Denver every April as far as conventions go (and I cosplay at that one), and for the conference, I attend the Adobe Digital Marketing Summit in Salt Lake City every March.

Post by Guest »

It's not too far. Vidcon is much further and way too expensive.

Kleineganz

Post by Kleineganz »

britneyiswhatever wrote:It's not too far. Vidcon is much further and way too expensive.
$80 for Playlist Live, $100 for vidcon. Hmm that's not too expensive.

The Adobe Digital Marketing Conference I attend is normally $2,495, (I pay $1,495 because I have attended every year since 2005, so us long-time attendees get a nice discount).

Post by Guest »

It's expensive as in, I don't want to pay to fly out there and spend money on hotel rooms. That's expensive. I have a regular job and expenses outside of youtube conventions.

Kleineganz

Post by Kleineganz »

britneyiswhatever wrote:It's expensive as in, I don't want to pay to fly out there and spend money on hotel rooms. That's expensive. I have a regular job and expenses outside of youtube conventions.
Well so do I, which is why I can't justify going to the YouTube conventions. The Adobe conference is the most important one I attend every year.

Post by Guest »

I wouldn't go but friends of mine convinced me to, and it's not too far away. 8-)

amyxoxo
Learner
Learner

Post by amyxoxo »

no one important ever goes

Post by Guest »

Jenna Marbles went to Playlist last year.

ohhaii
Informer
Informer

Post by ohhaii »

doesnt charles trippy usually go?

GamerGirl1990
Informer
Informer

Post by GamerGirl1990 »

amyxoxo wrote:no one important ever goes
Jenna Marbles, DailyGrace, Shaytards, Tobuscus, iJustine, MyDrunKitchen, Prank Vs Prank, Tyler Oakley, KassemG, MeekaKitty, CTFxC, they all went last year and so did a ton of others

PyroMakeup
Informer
Informer

Post by PyroMakeup »

Been to Playlist live twice. Never been to Vidcon. I've heard Vidcon is way bigger, more Youtubers go to that on than Playlist, but if you go to Playlist you get more one on one with the Youtubers! :D So far I like Playlist! It's really fun, also the fact I LIVE in orlando makes it really easy for me to get to.

FaeSolo
Learner
Learner

Post by FaeSolo »

I want to go this year, because I live in Tampa so it's only an hour away. It's on my weekend birthday though, and I'm turning 18, so I don't think I'll be going :(. It sounds like so much fun though! I also might be going to Megacon though, and that's the weekend before Playlist and it's in Orlando too.

GamerGirl1990
Informer
Informer

Post by GamerGirl1990 »

PyroMakeup wrote:Been to Playlist live twice. Never been to Vidcon. I've heard Vidcon is way bigger, more Youtubers go to that on than Playlist, but if you go to Playlist you get more one on one with the Youtubers! :D So far I like Playlist! It's really fun, also the fact I LIVE in orlando makes it really easy for me to get to.
I live in Georgia and I've been both years. I really like PLaylist but I've never been to Vidcon. Do you make videos or have a channel?

Post by Guest »

I hope some of you all go and we all know who each other is, haha.

partaygurl12
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by partaygurl12 »

I've been and its nothing but a sex party. People hooking up so if you like that you'll love it there. I have a man and that's good enough for me. If you aren't single I suggest you don't go. But I know some girls on YouTube are way like that.

Return to “General and Miscellaneous”