Theory?

mswill
Talker
Talker
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Theory?

Post by mswill »

I have a theory. I think Sam might be on welfare because her subscriber base is not that large on any of her channels. What do everyone think?

mims
Learner
Learner

Re: Theory?

Post by mims »

How does the benefits/ welfare system work in America? I'm from England and over here in their situation one of them would be receiving a benefit called 'Job Seekers Allowance' and expected to search for work. Unless Sam massively played on her anxiety issues and added some depression into the mix then Jay would able to stay home as her 'carer'. But I'm not sure how differently it works in the good ol' US of A. :)
I'd be surprised they would be so blatant as to run a youtube channel whilst claiming welfare money. But hey, it IS Sam and Jay... Also, I have absolutely no idea how much they earn from Youtube.

FatalFlaw
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by FatalFlaw »

I wonder about this, too. How the heck do they support a family of four?? They spend money like crazy. I bet they have astronomical credit card debt.

hellyeah
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by hellyeah »

I doubt it. They would need to meet federal and state requirements. Most people on welfare where I reside (South part of the USA) appear more low-income. Jay and Sam do not look like your stereotypical low-income family. Jay won't even get a real job so I highly doubt he would take the time to apply for TANF. They might be able to get CHIPS for their children (which is a type of health insurance for children). But we'd have to know their income and we don't and never will.

Also, I don't see how Sam could really claim her anxiety as a disability. Anxiety affects people differently but I don't believe she really has the issues she claims or that people say she has because why would she allow everyone to see her life? I think Sam just makes excuses and has issues with her kids (like leaving them and not hovering over them). I don't believe they'd take the time to apply for welfare and meet with a counselor front he program. I wonder if the kids ever see a dentist or doctor. I frankly don't care about Jay's or Sam's health because they are adults and know better. But the kids are a different story. They aren't responsible for their own health at this point in their lives.

mswill
Talker
Talker

Post by mswill »

hellyeah wrote:I doubt it. They would need to meet federal and state requirements. Most people on welfare where I reside (South part of the USA) appear more low-income. Jay and Sam do not look like your stereotypical low-income family. Jay won't even get a real job so I highly doubt he would take the time to apply for TANF. They might be able to get CHIPS for their children (which is a type of health insurance for children). But we'd have to know their income and we don't and never will.

Also, I don't see how Sam could really claim her anxiety as a disability. Anxiety affects people differently but I don't believe she really has the issues she claims or that people say she has because why would she allow everyone to see her life? I think Sam just makes excuses and has issues with her kids (like leaving them and not hovering over them). I don't believe they'd take the time to apply for welfare and meet with a counselor front he program. I wonder if the kids ever see a dentist or doctor. I frankly don't care about Jay's or Sam's health because they are adults and know better. But the kids are a different story. They aren't responsible for their own health at this point in their lives.
ook I wonder about they never take the kids to the doctor.

mswill
Talker
Talker

Post by mswill »

mims wrote:How does the benefits/ welfare system work in America? I'm from England and over here in their situation one of them would be receiving a benefit called 'Job Seekers Allowance' and expected to search for work. Unless Sam massively played on her anxiety issues and added some depression into the mix then Jay would able to stay home as her 'carer'. But I'm not sure how differently it works in the good ol' US of A. :)
I'd be surprised they would be so blatant as to run a youtube channel whilst claiming welfare money. But hey, it IS Sam and Jay... Also, I have absolutely no idea how much they earn from Youtube.
Getting on welfare is different for every state i'm not sure what the rules would be where they live.

Pyramid11
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Theory?

Post by Pyramid11 »

CHIP is not for low income. An employee where I work has it for his kids. When he was filling out the forms for health benefits, he declined it for them. I looked it up online - anyone - no matter what income above assistance level can apply for CHIP for their kids. The monthly premium goes by income. The employee makes $65k a year. His wife works, too. That's not low income.

jhnsn2323
Learner
Learner

Post by jhnsn2323 »

mswill wrote:I have a theory. I think Sam might be on welfare because her subscriber base is not that large on any of her channels. What do everyone think?
I think they are! I can't stand hearing her pronoun her G's! Ughh welfare needs to pay for some classes! Also, some behavior disorder classes for Lilly. All she says is NO and is always pissed off.

Return to “Samantha Schuerman”