Gossiper
Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: The truth about Ingrid Nilsen...

Post by paperbackwriter »

Meowface wrote:
mirrorball wrote:
ShortOne wrote: Have you seen essiebutton? A Canadian living in England. Love her, you really should check her out if you think Allison is the only honest one left.

Thanks for the recommendation! I'll definitely check her out.
Essie is amazing!!
I second...third?...this. There are a lot of smaller beauty gurus that are pretty decent but the fact that Essie is pretty 'big' and still so real, so funny, and completely not a sellout and different from most of the others makes her really special. I've gone back to the beginning and am watching all of her videos in order right now :P

ntl072904
Informer
Informer

Post by ntl072904 »

about essiebutton - wow! and her voice is so grown up. and no freakily self-conscious widening of the eyes every three seconds.

ShortOne
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by ShortOne »

I love Esteé. I don't think I've ever seen anything negative said about her. I love how she doesn't let Youtube take over her life, and it seems like a fun hobby for her. She works retail, and is one of the few gurus I know of that actually have a non internet job.

the_insider
Learner
Learner

Post by the_insider »

Hey everyone! Wow, you all seriously made my day. Like I keep saying, my intention was never to bash Ingrid, but at times I felt as if I did, so I've been feeling pretty guilty the last 2 days. However, I'm checking the site on my break right now (obviously) and you all have really improved my mood. I really appreciate the support and consideration. This really does kind of suck. Part of me hates it and part of me loves it, but for the most part I don't go to sleep feeling particularly proud of myself. But when I read how understanding you guys are and how some of you have gone through similar things it really makes me smile; not the fact that you've had the same hardships, but that we are all being so mature about this. Also, the fact that no one on here is really saying anything horrible about Ingrid, we are just discussing why she would lie and the far greater impact it has on her followers (minions, as some of you call them), makes me feel much better as well. Just wanted to get that out of the way. Now on to the business, or pleasure I guess.

I'll actually address the questions in my next post. The one recurring thing I wanted to write about really quickly was the lying analysis. I know I said when her eyes dart away it's obvious, but it doesn't mean every time she isn't staring directly into the camera she is not telling the truth. You need a hint of intuition in addition to the physical signs. Most of the time, people look extremely suspicious or uncomfortable when they're lying; eye twitching is just one of the easier signs to notice. Source: My Pap Pap use to be in the CIA! :) Love you Pap Pap! Okay, I'm going to start answering questions now.

Final note! Thank you welldressed for the great signature idea! I love Gossip Girl!
And who I am? That's one secret I'll never tell. You know you love me. XOXO The Insider <3

ShortOne
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by ShortOne »

Before I read what you posted, wanted to say love your siggie =) So fitting!

ETA: We may be gossipers, but we aren't evil. We're not full of hate, like most like to think. We want the best for most of these girls, but you know, girls talk lol. I'm glad you feel somewhat bad, it shows you don't hate her, and you aren't doing this purely out of spite, which makes it easier (for me at least) to believe you.

emmygues
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by emmygues »

untouchable01 wrote:Another thing I always wonder about, has Ingrid never everrrr color/dyed her hair?? Why does it look so different all the time. I know awhile ago she mentioned her hair changes color according to season...um yeah sure? Like it goes 4 shades lighter really? Blessed or what? She always wanted to seem perfect so I wouldn't have a problem believing majority of everything the_insider is saying.
well, ingrid says she never dyed her hair. but ingrid says a lot of things that apparently aren't true. but yeah, she does say things about her hair that doesn't make sense. like she used to say that her hair is actually lighter in the sun but it still looks brown to me. she described her hair as dark blonde. however, maybe it does change color because of her mixed genes. it's possible. some mixed people have nice features.

oh! and i'll add onto the essiebutton love. she's so fun. i actually found her from allison's twitter. essiebutton needs to get bigger on youtube. she's so real. she admits to getting free products but her reviews are honest. she admits when her videos are out of focus or over exposed. she reminds me of a celebrity that i can't recall/pinpoint. sometimes, she reminds me of ashley greene.

and yeah, the_insider, most of us don't mindlessly bash ingrid. we are so grateful that you exposed her lying ways to us. i mean, her real lying ways. we already knew she has been acting lately. we aren't bashing her. most of us used to be fans who actually cared about her. it's good that you opened our eyes to the real ingrid. please stick around. oh and a question, do you personally think that ingrid would contact you and your old group of friends to ask if any of you knew about who is posting the information? she's well aware this board exists. it just depends if she has checked it in the last few days. it would be funny if this is what makes her talk to you guys again. but seriously, you are doing a good thing here. she's making money off her lies. it's almost fraud except not, in the sense that she can't be sued yet. it must seriously suck to talk about an old friend like this because you cared about her at one point.

missbjork
Learner
Learner

Post by missbjork »

I do kind of feel sorry for Ingrid if all of this is true. When I was a teenager I had a best friend that seemed to live a life full of adventures, party's, admiring guys and rich parents. Problem was most of this happened on weekends and summer breaks so I just heard wonderful stories and believed and loved them all. (This was before the internet lol)

As the months and years passed and I never got to meet all the exciting people in her life I realized she had a problem. When she was confronted she totally ditched her friends and got new ones. When we were about 25 we met again and talked very openly about all this.

She explained that what began as a small white lie snowballed out of control and she never thought she had the chance to turn back. The easiest way was just to try to find new friends. Long story short she had gotten some counselling and is all better and we are friends today.

So, Insider, please don't feel bad. I understand that you are probably hurt and feel betrayed. I know the feeling. I just hope Ingrid gets help, I bet this is no easy burden to carry. And I'm sure she's not a bad person.

MissDiorElla
Learner
Learner

Post by MissDiorElla »

Yay!! Insider's back!! :D

Trips
Talker
Talker

Post by Trips »

paperbackwriter wrote:
Meowface wrote: Essie is amazing!!
I second...third?...this. There are a lot of smaller beauty gurus that are pretty decent but the fact that Essie is pretty 'big' and still so real, so funny, and completely not a sellout and different from most of the others makes her really special. I've gone back to the beginning and am watching all of her videos in order right now :P
LOVE her :horny:
Imagination is more important than knowledge. For while knowledge defines all we currently know and understand, imagination points to all we might yet discover and create. - Albert Einstein

TallButShort

Post by TallButShort »

I was so mad when the crashed site because I wanted to read more! I had to catch up with 10 pages!
I think we need more insiders on gurus :P

This is all making sense but I don't know whether to feel bad for her or just think she doesn't feel good enough. I don't even know what to think.

Insider, not sure if you mentioned this. But do you think she does this because she's insecure, or she just feels the need to be superior? Are you still friends with some people from the group and what do they think about her now?

I feel like she falls out with people because she constantly has to fit in and that may mean talking crap about other people.
ShortOne wrote:
mirrorball wrote:I think the only honest guru is Allison (amarixe). If she ends up being a fraud, I'm losing all hope lol. But in the end, its only Youtube after all.
Have you seen essiebutton? A Canadian living in England. Love her, you really should check her out if you think Allison is the only honest one left.
I ADORE Allison, so I'm definitely checking out Essiebutton. I'm always on a hunt for genuine gurus!
Y'all should check out DaceyCouture and Rachloves
Love them both. Don't mean to make this a nice guru thread :P

the_insider
Learner
Learner

Post by the_insider »

Trust me, ShortOne, if I hated her it would be much easier to just type out a list of every dirty little secret she has and every lie she's ever told. It would be far juicier but completely screwed up and cruel. So thank you for the consideration.

Okay, I'm admitting I may have miscalculated the Europe trip, but me being 2 weeks off is a lot closer than her being 50 weeks off. Now that I think about it and with the extra information you pulled up, she went to Paris (and travelled to the surrounding countries) for about a month. She then went back a few times for about a week at a time. This was all way before YouTube.

I have no idea if she has a certificate in Architecture Technology. I highly doubt it, because I don't think you can get an online Architecture Degree. It seems like something you would need to study in an actual classroom.

Yeah we all listened to the typical Indie/Pop/Rock stuff back in school. Ingrid did always like Classical too. Definitely not a whole lot of Rap or Country, though. Clothing-wise, Hollister; then Abercrombie. Dating-wise, she morphs into her boyfriend's interests, not necessarily a baby. I only saw the baby talk with one of them and Luke of course.

She briefly, and I mean very briefly, played water polo in high school. It was barely for a few months and it was definitely not Varsity.

I wouldn't call Ingrid a slacker, she actually works very hard and in school was very studious. She like anyone can have their lazy days or weeks. I think maybe she is burning out on YouTube, or almost did.

Ingrid is definitely a serial shopper. When she was younger she didn't have a lot of money, but she would always spend it all right away. I don't think she has ever had a savings. She has very bad spending habits.

The bullying statement is absurd. She probably went through what we all did in grade school. In high school, she was definitely part of the popular crowd (not necessarily Mean Girls but you get the idea). College is too big to really even have cliques, but I guarantee she was never made fun of.

I don't recall the Palm Springs House Tour, but it's for sure not like a vacation house or something. I'm guessing it was a family member's or friend of the family's house.

As far as Mt. SAC goes, everyone around here goes there first before transferring. It really has nothing to do with not being smart enough to go straight to a 4 year university. It's more about saving A LOT of money and getting the same education. It is the biggest community college in California and has great professors.

My opinion about the ulcer, knowing how Ingrid is, is that the she probably had a very mild one or briefly had one or had one but was fine a week later and then blew it out of proportion making it seem way worse than it really was. She claimed to have Swine Flu when that was going around, but I find that hard to believe as well. Also, in high school she was absent for like a month, I mean really? How could you be that sick and not be diagnosed with anything. She could be telling the truth, but like someone else pointed out she has cried wolf too many times before.

She has most definitely, positively, without a doubt, colored her hair on more than one occasion. And I doubt she would contact anyone from her past and if she did I would honestly tell her the truth.

Ingrid is a very decent person. Most of us have a love/hate relationship with her because she can be so sweet and nice, but then totally treats us like crap out of nowhere. She just hops from one crowd to the next, don't ask me why. I think she is very insecure and hates anyone to know who she really is. I'll admit that it is pretty common for us to poke fun at her if she gets brought up, which is petty I know, but I think it comes from a place of pain rather than hate. Like I've said previously, she can be whoever she wants on YouTube. None of you really know her and why would anyone assume she is lying? It's sad because she isn't even getting that satisfaction of people thinking she's perfect from the real world. It's all online.
And who I am? That's one secret I'll never tell. You know you love me. XOXO The Insider <3

CINDERELLA
Learner
Learner

Post by CINDERELLA »

missbjork wrote:I bet this is no easy burden to carry.
amen to that. lol

CINDERELLA
Learner
Learner

Post by CINDERELLA »

to the insider, why do you think she might be so insecure? could it be something to do with genetics? or the way she was raised?

i would really like to know what goes on through her head...how she's come this far, y'know?

lolalish
Informer
Informer

Post by lolalish »

She ate unhealthy stuff even when she had her ulcer and we complaining about the pain on twitter, and you would see her in likes blogs eating unhealthy

papermoon79
Debater
Debater

Post by papermoon79 »

Insider if all this you say is true are you worrying that shes going to figure out who you are?

oxprincessxo
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by oxprincessxo »

I know the hair lightening thing was mentioned way up above, but I am half Asian half white and my hair lightens like Ingrid does. In the winter it's a dark brown but during the summer it turns a medium brown with a red tint to it. People ask me all the time if I have highlighted my hair when I got back to school when I don't even do the lemon juice or sun in trick or anything. So it IS possible. Just today my mom commented on how light my hair is.

ShortOne
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by ShortOne »

oxprincessxo wrote:I know the hair lightening thing was mentioned way up above, but I am half Asian half white and my hair lightens like Ingrid does. In the winter it's a dark brown but during the summer it turns a medium brown with a red tint to it. People ask me all the time if I have highlighted my hair when I got back to school when I don't even do the lemon juice or sun in trick or anything. So it IS possible. Just today my mom commented on how light my hair is.
My junior year of high school my bangs went blond. Just my bangs. I think my hair lightened too because people kept asking me if I dyed my hair, but I have never dyed it (I don't get much sun either). My hair is just bipolar.

It is possible that they could lighten or darken on their own. I'm not asian, btw lol. Just in case that's relevant.

an0n
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by an0n »

missbjork wrote:

So all this talk about university address vs. old address and roommates... just lies? How weird.
no I do believe that at that time she's in SF, it makes sense based on videos and filming locations that her semester there was Jan/Feb 2010-May 2010

victoriaisabella
Debater
Debater

Post by victoriaisabella »

nightonthesun wrote:I got a question. She constantly says how short and tiny she is but never mentions her ACTUAL height. How short is she? Seeing her in that picture she doesn't look that small.
shes 5' 4. luke and her make her sound like a midget huh?
im perfect, tumblr is perfect, the maine, sleeping with sirens, ed sheeran and all time low are all perfect.

im always smarter than you, never forget that. (yes smarter is a word)

ShortOne
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by ShortOne »

A lot of these gurus make her sound like she's a lot smaller than she is. I would LOVE to see them next to us under 5'ers.

Return to “Ingrid Nilsen”