Learner
Learner
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: The truth about Ingrid Nilsen...

Post by roro »

ShortOne wrote:
Kleineganz wrote:
roro wrote:To me, she always seemed like she's still a virgin. I know she's not, obviously, but she kind of seemed like a person that doesn't care about sex, and kind of 'unsexual', is that a word?
You mean asexual.
lol I highly doubt that's what she meant. Probably not sexual. Like she's not into anything sexual.
I just thought that she is that type of girl that would have sex only to do it (not 'only to do it' like those girls that feel unworthy for being virgins, so they have sex to sort of feel accepted in the society), not to enjoy the moment, but to please her partner or whatever.
I'm sleepy so I'm not so good with words tonight. (it's 2AM where I am)

roro
Learner
Learner

Post by roro »

inthehaze wrote:This is pretty awesome info...
And the insider has many valuable points. She's living a lie portraying someone who she is not. She's not a fictional character in a movie, she's a real person girls look up to, whether or not it's her responsibility to be a role model, she puts herself out there to be one, she gives all this bogus advice, she gets personal with her subs...she isn't just talking about makeup to these girls. If she was honest it would make her a better person and more real. Girls of all kinds would relate. How can you trust in what she recommends even if she lies about everything else? It all comes down to money and portraying a persona she is not.
I want to know besides her cutting off all her old friends how she betrayed you Insider?
I think that would reveal who the insider is, so that's a little personal.

I'm curious, in one of Luke's recent vlogs in London, she cried after some random girl gave her a present (a panda toy and a donut). Do you think that was fake? Does she cry a lot?

ShortOne
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by ShortOne »

Kleineganz wrote:
Asexual means "lack of interest in sex," which is what she stated ("...seemed like a person that doesn't care about sex...")
"Asexuality (sometimes referred to as nonsexuality), in its broadest sense, is the lack of sexual attraction to others or the lack of interest in sex."

"Asexual reproduction is a mode of reproduction by which offspring arise from a single parent"

Two TOTALLY different things. But I do see where you were confused.

l0bomb
Talker
Talker

Post by l0bomb »

the_insider wrote: She wanted to move to Europe! That should tell you something. When you feel the need to leave the country to start over.
this is as far as i've read but really... :lol: :roll:

i've wanted to live in England since i was 16 (i'm 26 now) I don't feel the need to move to the UK to start over, i want to move to Europe because i was raised around the european culture, and Europe feels more like me and where i'm meant to spend my life, plus i've always had a desire and love for everything English.

I'm not doubting you, plus i dont ever care about "the truth about gurus" but some of the things you have said up to this point are really laughable.

Kleineganz

Post by Kleineganz »

ShortOne wrote:
Kleineganz wrote:
Asexual means "lack of interest in sex," which is what she stated ("...seemed like a person that doesn't care about sex...")
"Asexuality (sometimes referred to as nonsexuality), in its broadest sense, is the lack of sexual attraction to others or the lack of interest in sex."

"Asexual reproduction is a mode of reproduction by which offspring arise from a single parent"

Two TOTALLY different things. But I do see where you were confused.
I didn't mean asexual reproduction, I meant a person who is asexual.

helloparis
Informer
Informer

Post by helloparis »

@theinsider Thank-you for taking your time to answer everyone's questions & telling us with all this information. :tu: I must say, this topic is SO interesting... it's kind of like watching a reality TV show, haha.

Anyway, I have a feeling that Ingrid's probably lurking around this very topic right now. She probably thought that no one would ever find about this info you are telling us... but what does Ingrid expect? You chose to make YouTube your career, you have a large following, and your life is subject to discussion, whether it is good or bad. It's just like the life of any famous actor. When you put your life out in public like this, there's always bound to be people who know a lot more then you want them to know.

I'm actually really sad to hear what Ingrid's pre-YouTube life was all about. Even then, she was the unreliable type who lied and abandoned friends quickly for others. And this trait continues to haunt her into her current YouTube life now. Where is Ingrid going to be, say, ten years from now? Her life honestly seems SO exhausting :shock: I would be so tired if I had to ditch my friends for a newer, better group of friends every year or so. That's so much work!

ShortOne
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by ShortOne »

She's probably really mad lol.

It makes sense that's she's a friend ditcher, with the speculations of her snubbing Tanya and now Allison.

BabyVoices
Lurker
Lurker

Post by BabyVoices »

the_insider wrote:Ugh, you guys have me feeling like crap now. It doesn't help that I'm PMSing like a mother right now either. I wasn't trying to belittle Ingrid with the Hollister comment. My only point was that she belittles others (maybe not as much on YouTube or that you can tell anyway) when she should definitely not be one to talk. Look I don't have the most attractive sexual partner number, but she didn't have to make fun of me for it (which she did on multiple occasions), especially when she was the one lying about it. Where's Ben & Jerry's when you need it. Gosh.
Don't feel bad. This site is about discussing gossip and you were just sharing the gossip of what her former co-workers used to call her. I think when some girls see or hear buzz words like "whore," they're quick to get on the defensive moral high horse and go into male/female double standards. But you're original message was crystal clear even without your clarification. It's about Ingrid portraying an online persona that is clearly not honest.

I imagine most YouTuber's portrayal of themselves is not quite accurate, but now I know not to trust a word out of Ingrid's gaping mouth. Nerd/architecture/shy girl my ass!

Thank you for sharing the gossip and please keep it coming!

the_insider
Learner
Learner

Post by the_insider »

I'm going to make this it's own post, since I feel that it is EXTREMELY IMPORTANT!

That Dear YouTube video that was posted, I have never seen that before. Had I, I most likely would never have created this thread. I will not take anything away from Ingrid in that video. She is being completely honest and genuine. Everything she said in it, for once, was TRUE! Now that is a role model; a strong, inspiring person. It literally had me bawling. I thought that Ingrid was lost. I said before, I don't keep up much with her videos anymore, but if they are anything like that I am going to call her right now and apologize for what I have done. I feel absolutely horrible.

I really need you guys to tell me if this is how most of her videos are now. I imagined them to be more of the phony, fake, I am so happy and such a good person nonsense. That's how all of the ones I've watched were. Addressing her looking away, it is apparent that she really is that upset/uncomfortable. You can tell when someone is being shady and twitchy, and when someone just can't bear to look at you in the eye because they are so overwrought with emotion.

I sincerely hope the Ingrid from that video is the Ingrid that so many others know and love from YouTube.
And who I am? That's one secret I'll never tell. You know you love me. XOXO The Insider <3

roro
Learner
Learner

Post by roro »

Before you read what I'm about to write, I just want you to know that I'm not defending Ingrid for lying and leaving her friends behind like that, or anything.
I just believe that people make mistakes, real, big mistakes. She obviously made a huge one if all of this is true. It all probably started with one small lie after another, and she got in deep. That's a problem I personally think she has.

But, I will keep on watching her the way she portraits her to be right now. Because I like her all cute and perky. I could even say I like her acting, then. She can be annoying sometimes, with the smiles, neon and the baby voice, but I hands down enjoy her videos. She gives great reviews, and tutorials are good too. I bought the Chanel Aqualumiere foundation because of her, and that was not cheap.
Maybe she's ashamed of who she is/was, but sooner or later the mask will drop.

(if there even is a mask, and if she really is lying and all, if not, then I can say that I like her, the real her)

Also, I think Nugget is extra cute. haha

ShortOne
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by ShortOne »

I'm going to make this it's own post, since I feel that it is EXTREMELY IMPORTANT!

That Dear YouTube video that was posted, I have never seen that before. Had I, I most likely would never have created this thread. I will not take anything away from Ingrid in that video. She is being completely honest and genuine. Everything she said in it, for once, was TRUE! Now that is a role model; a strong, inspiring person. It literally had me bawling. I thought that Ingrid was lost. I said before, I don't keep up much with her videos anymore, but if they are anything like that I am going to call her right now and apologize for what I have done. I feel absolutely horrible.

I really need you guys to tell me if this is how most of her videos are now. I imagined them to be more of the phony, fake, I am so happy and such a good person nonsense. That's how all of the ones I've watched were. Addressing her looking away, it is apparent that she really is that upset/uncomfortable. You can tell when someone is being shady and twitchy, and when someone just can't bear to look at you in the eye because they are so overwrought with emotion.

I sincerely hope the Ingrid from that video is the Ingrid that so many others know and love from YouTube.
If this the truth, this is not the Ingrid that I know from Youtube.
Last edited by ShortOne on Wed Sep 12, 2012 6:00 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Maybe
Learner
Learner

Post by Maybe »

the_insider wrote:I'm going to make this it's own post, since I feel that it is EXTREMELY IMPORTANT!

She's not like that in all of her videos. I believe that was the only genuine video that she has ever posted considering the theme. But other than that, the majority of her videos now are basically the fake persona that she's trying to show her viewers.

lululu
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by lululu »

I loved Ingrid back then. She was really sweet and genuine. There are many videos that you can tell she is being honest. Others, not so much.
Now she is just way too fake. Her last video was just so... fake. I don't like her "new smile".

About her sex life, I just don't think its any of our business. I don't think she lied about her partners - she just doesn't want to share things that are this personal.

@the_insider did she work at Hollister while in college?

alcoholicferrets
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by alcoholicferrets »

the_insider wrote:I'm going to make this it's own post, since I feel that it is EXTREMELY IMPORTANT!

I don't know if glad is the best word to use, but I am glad to read this. It's really the only video where she isn't being all phony and happy, so don't feel bad about having missed it. If that video had been fake...I don't know, I felt disgusted when I thought it was. So I'm glad it's not. Everything in this thread made me suspicious of any personal information she had shared, which is why I had to ask.

BabyVoices
Lurker
Lurker

Post by BabyVoices »

Almost none of her YouTube videos are genuine or heart-felt these days. Although to Ingrid's credit, she seems to have limited her beauty and vlog channel content to things she likes/buys rather than the more personal content she had before she ended VlogYear. Perhaps putting herself in less situations to create or perpetuate lies?

Insider, you have nothing to feel bad about in my opinion.

the_insider
Learner
Learner

Post by the_insider »

I figured she wouldn't be like that in the other videos, but seeing that just brought back a lot of good memories. When she's your friend she is a GREAT friend, but once she's tired of you or whatever, it's seriously the worst feeling in the world to have someone so good to you just flat out disappear.

I know for a fact she has lied about boyfriends, but you're all right, it is none of our business (even mine, although she always came to me for advice). She worked at Hollister at the beginning of her time at Mt. SAC and then transferred to Abercrombie.

As far as her crying, she is an emotional person. I'm not sure how genuine she could be though if she knows she is being recorded. She has a persona to uphold; she knows how to act and how it's going to come off. She's very smart and calculating like that. I wish I could believe her words and actions, but that is seriously impossible for me now. I'm always skeptical of her intentions.
And who I am? That's one secret I'll never tell. You know you love me. XOXO The Insider <3

Maybe
Learner
Learner

Post by Maybe »

@insider, do you have any pictures of her past boyfriends? i'm curious to know how they look like since Ingrid once describe her type as tall, blond, and blue eyes. Seeing that the Asian guy in the photo was her ex was definitely shocking.

ShortOne
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by ShortOne »

She is so much like the girls I used to gravitate to in school. Everything's all good and dandy until they get tired of you, then it's like "bye, I'm going to go to my new friends now". I know how that feels, and after a while (it happened a lot lol, maybe it was me?) I just stopped caring when they left. I'm sorry you had to go through that, no one deserves to be ignored like that for no reason.

I'm glad she was genuine in this video, and it seems like she admitted to dating a lot, which makes sense, I mean everyone handles grief in different ways. Better than turning to drugs or alcohol (are my assumtions correct? I hope so).

the_insider
Learner
Learner

Post by the_insider »

These are the only ones I can find (in chronological order):

https://www.facebook.com/justin.dejesus.79
https://www.facebook.com/matt.schumm.1
https://www.facebook.com/garrettmcgurty

They were all really nice. Totally broke their hearts. Of the others who I couldn't find their Facebooks, one was asian, one was mexican, and one was white.

Also, it is correct that she never turned to drugs or alcohol, that I know of. She rarely drank and if she did it was hardly anything. And I'm pretty sure she has never done drugs, but she is so spongey with her boyfriends that she may have because she dated a couple of stoners.

ShortOne
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by ShortOne »

That's nice to hear. She didn't seem like the type, but then again people are so full of surprises now a days.

Return to “Ingrid Nilsen”