General Thread:Grav3yardGirl Part 1

SassyChance
Informer
Informer
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: General Thread:Grav3yardGirl Part 1

Post by SassyChance »

I think what's more mind blowing for me is what you said....people half her age are obsessed with her & get so nasty with what they say when it comes to defending their all mighty swamp queen. *shudders*

PuppyLove
Wallflower
Wallflower

Post by PuppyLove »

smudgedLipstick wrote:Does anyone else ever stop and think "wow, we're really talking about a 27 year old woman".. mind blowing for me sometimes. Also mind blowing that people half her age are fighting her battles and obsessing over her.
All the time. In a few years, she will be 30 and still acting like a 14 year old.
What is she doing with her life?

dsaurrr
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by dsaurrr »

This is one of the quickest sell out youtubers i was subscribed too. I unsubbed a while ago after she was eluding the fact of getting all her shoes for free. She would say i got these shoes or i ordered these shoes, not they sent me these for free. IT's very easy to take it as she bought the shoes herself when she was not. She doesnt even wear these shoes anywhere. Take a look at her past vlogs she wears normal shoes out. Not sure why she is stockpiling shoes she might wear once. Secondly she acts phoney as hell. Talking about her disney trip. Who goes to disney to hang out by herself? I know her parents were there but really? You are pushing 30 and looking like trailer trash walking around disney alone like some psycho. :grump:

sdja1
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by sdja1 »

She's such an internet character, I don't believe her acting like that in her everyday life, she seems too concern into the whole YouTube popularity/acceptance thing, appearing like nothing else in her life is more relevant, making her create something that she's not to maybe fulfill what it lacks in herself.

hay guise
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by hay guise »

So...the bunnykat vid, I watched it all but honestly swamp mom made me want to run head first into a wall. For one thing bunny is so fucking loud! It's been quite obvs before but you can really tell when she's with someone else.

I wonder how it'll be now that kat can't just hang up and is with her 24-7 lol, I would go insane.

fukou
Debater
Debater

Post by fukou »

does she live on her own or with her parents/a roomate/anyone?

LuaLove18
Learner
Learner

Post by LuaLove18 »

If Bunny asked the cult members to go kill all the haters of the "family" they would. Does it creep anyone else out that they call themselves family? That is some mason type shit.

Demi_21
Lurker
Lurker

Post by Demi_21 »

I don't think it would bother me as much if she was advertising something that's actually affordable to the rest of the population.. She's advertising over-priced shoes and over-priced nylon to impressionable young teens who will think that they NEED expensive materialistic things to look good. I'm not saying she should feel pressured to cater to a young audience but she knows full well how young the majority of her subscribers are, so she should defiantly take that more into consideration at least..

I just can't wait for half of her subscribers to disappear. It will happen someday. The teens will grow out of her pretty quickly, the adults subscribed to her are already leaving and there's only so much a company can milk her.. then perhaps she'll go back to her old ways, realising what she's become... :ugeek:

Shinee
Lurker
Lurker

Post by Shinee »

I totally agree with everyone here. It's ridiculous that she will delete every comment telling the truth about her but she doesn't care that people are being told to kill themselves. She clearly doesn't care or she would have addressed it or deleted those comments as well since she reads them all. I guess she doesn't mind people getting bullied as long as it's not her or they aren't criticizing her. I can't believe she is that old. I keep thinking that she is 14 from the way she acts.

Rogue
Debater
Debater

Post by Rogue »

smudgedLipstick wrote:
LuaLove18 wrote:If Bunny asked the cult members to go kill all the haters of the "family" they would. Does it creep anyone else out that they call themselves family? That is some mason type shit.
Lol! As a fellow guru gossiper and video commentator, I fear for my life. :mob:
Soon we'll all have to enter witness-protection.

furphy
Learner
Learner

Post by furphy »

Perhaps she's a bit scared of the rude 13 year olds? I think she would at least care, because of her self diagnosed anixiety issues. I bet she thinks that if she stands up to them, they'll turn on her and she'll loose her fan base?
youtube.com/questionablegurus

miss_m
Learner
Learner

Post by miss_m »

furphy wrote:Perhaps she's a bit scared of the rude 13 year olds? I think she would at least care, because of her self diagnosed anixiety issues. I bet she thinks that if she stands up to them, they'll turn on her and she'll loose her fan base?
she did mention in an old video about how she was "bullied" by a 13-14 year old into changing her profile picture on a social media website because she was wearing fake eyelashes.

BananaBread
Talker
Talker

Post by BananaBread »

Zombie_Kitten wrote:I know it's probably really mean of me to say this, but I don't think she actually has anxiety issues. I think that if she deals with any mental affliction at all, it's borderline personality disorder or multiple personality disorder. I've dealt with anxiety for the majority of my life, and have been in and out of psychiatrists' and psychologists' offices for years. I've been around a LOT of anxietous people, and Bunny doesn't show the signs of having any type of anxiety in my opinion. She claims to have "major social anxiety", but she walks around in attention-grabbing, semi-slutty ensembles and does videos in public while yelling at the camera. I think she pretends to have anxiety as an excuse for not having a real job/real life, and also because all the hipster girls think it's cool to have mental disorders. ("I'm just so messed up and weird!") Sorry for the mini-rant, but I can't stand it when people fake having mental disorders. They're a very real problem for many people, and should never be thrown around lightly.
Is it possible to have just a slight anxiety? Because I think she is making the anxiety thing bigger than it actually is just to get more views. As a lot of people here said, it's cool amongst teenagers to be not normal as everyone else, to be weird and have some mental problems (of course, most of the time, they are just imagining and making up these problems).
I'm sorry for any grammar mistakes, English is my second language.

Pepperkake

Post by Pepperkake »

Zombie_Kitten wrote:I know it's probably really mean of me to say this, but I don't think she actually has anxiety issues. I think that if she deals with any mental affliction at all, it's borderline personality disorder or multiple personality disorder. I've dealt with anxiety for the majority of my life, and have been in and out of psychiatrists' and psychologists' offices for years. I've been around a LOT of anxietous people, and Bunny doesn't show the signs of having any type of anxiety in my opinion. She claims to have "major social anxiety", but she walks around in attention-grabbing, semi-slutty ensembles and does videos in public while yelling at the camera. I think she pretends to have anxiety as an excuse for not having a real job/real life, and also because all the hipster girls think it's cool to have mental disorders. ("I'm just so messed up and weird!") Sorry for the mini-rant, but I can't stand it when people fake having mental disorders. They're a very real problem for many people, and should never be thrown around lightly.
To be fair,anxiety is extremely individual and may change from day to day. Though,I do agree with you on the account of her not having anxiety. Her claims that anxiety medications would alter her is wrong,though choosing to take them is a personal choice...but there are other ways of treating anxiety,like different techniques or anxiety-groups. Having the doctors diagnose your anxiety doesn't mean you'll be dumped into a psych ward and force-fed medications; it only means that you will have been asserted by professionals which in turn can help you in a medication-free way.

Also,I have to say this...Yes,Rabbit is just one person,but she really does wield a lot of power amongst her minions. She could just address the issue and tell her minions to not act that way. The minions hang on to every word she says,so they'll probably do it for the most part.

amandajay
Debater
Debater

Post by amandajay »

I completely agree. I've ha anxiety since the middle of 2007 (I actually think I've had it all my life but it never got severe until 07). I've been in and out of mental hospitals, I'm on medications, I've been to tons of psychiatrists and therapists for it and I hate it. It's definitely not something I bring up all the time because for me personally it is a bit embarrassing. I tell people that I have it when the subject comes about or if I can relate to someone and help with advice. In this case I am bringing it up because I've seen and known people with "severe social anxiety" and Bunny does not have it. Being nervous in public is regular anxiety that everyone has. But she doesn't show it at all when she's yelling and talking to herself in stores and her car. Plus she had a meet up at DISNEY WORLD. That place is huge! The people I've known with social anxiety avoid crowds and big places and strangers like the plague.
So it does seem like she uses it to be popular with hipsters and if infuriates me when people self diagnose themselves with something that they'd never EVER be able to deal with if they really had it.

End rant ha sorry.

amandajay
Debater
Debater

Post by amandajay »

DustyCrow wrote:So...the bunnykat vid, I watched it all but honestly swamp mom made me want to run head first into a wall. For one thing bunny is so fucking loud! It's been quite obvs before but you can really tell when she's with someone else.

I wonder how it'll be now that kat can't just hang up and is with her 24-7 lol, I would go insane.
Kat looked kind of uncomfortable. It seemed like she regretted it lol.

Rogue
Debater
Debater

Post by Rogue »

You guys make an interesting point about the swamp family. Highly doubt that anyone in the swamp family is certified to deal with mental illness. But everyone keeps posting their uber-personal problems on the fb page, and asking for randoms to give them advice. I won't even go into the fact that it is hard to give good advice without a lot of background info... But it seems rather dangerous to have a bunch of on-edge teenagers spilling their life stories to eachother in an unmonitored forum.

This might be a bit harsh, but a lot of the kids on the fb page seem to be attention whoring. I mean everyone encounters mental illness at some point in their life. Whether it be a personal struggle, or if they have a friend/relative that is suffering. But not everyone goes on the internet and talks about how they tried to slice their wrist open last week...

Post by Guest »

does anyone in her swamp family even know her real name? because in her old ask bunny video one of the top comments is about wishing she would just tell them her real name :? its pretty sad that she hasnt told them since they keep begging, its the least she could do, considering they send her loads of free junk and she gets money from their views.

thelovelywar
Informer
Informer

Post by thelovelywar »

i do believe recently she has been saying "i dont have SOCIAL anxiety" like she randomly says it if she mentions going out to the mall (i believe she said it in her mac haul??) and it's always around the time that we are bringing up the anxiety issue that she says it. but she has posted videos about her high anxiety (i just dont feel like looking at them)
Image Image

lunchbox
Learner
Learner

Post by lunchbox »

I'm not going so far as saying she doesn't suffer from anxiety, because I don't know her personally, and I don't like to accuse people of faking something as serious as this (I'm not saying people don't do it, but I prefer to give them the benefit of the doubt), but it does seem this anxiety thing has become convenient for her. I'm also bothered with how she once said she went to a doctor and he prescribed her some medication, but warned her that it would "change her personality". If this is true, that is one shitty doctor! Obviously changes will occur, but it's not like you stop being who you are, and doctors shouldn't be discouraging their patients like this. I once saw some guy from some band (can't remember which, sorry) saying he was against medication because it takes away what makes you who you are (or something like that), as if mental illnesses were just some sort of quirk, and I thought that was a terrible message to send to his fans. And I don't like the message Bunny is sending to her viewers either, I think she makes her anxiety seem more like a quirk rather than something she actually struggles with, and while youtube and swamp families alone may work for her, they probably won't for most people. I'm not saying people should blindly take medication, but they shouldn't be discouraged to seek actual treatment if they need it!

Return to “grav3yardgirl”