Heidi Somers/BuffBunny

Soso
Learner
Learner
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Heidi Somers/BuffBunny

Post by Soso »

She's kind of boring.i cant really watch her for more then five miniutes .. :?
:love2:

jenna_201445
Informer
Informer

Post by jenna_201445 »

I adore her. I love that she helps the less fortunate and she's real about her diet.

kalyn357
Lurker
Lurker

Post by kalyn357 »

There's something about her that I just can't get in to. I love her back story and she seems really nice but whenever I watch one of her videos I never feel the need to keep watching.

TheQueenBee
Informer
Informer

Post by TheQueenBee »

HoardganizedJen wrote:I'm so curious about what happened between her and Nikki... Casual friends don't travel to Thailand together so whatever happened, that they never mention or say hi to each other (even when in the same place), must have been pretty bad. Any speculation?
Ugh, I wish we had some way of knowing this too. Although, I guess I give them credit for not airing it publicly and making it a thing on social media (*cough* Yami/Robin/Emily). I like to think that Nikki is shading Heidi when she says things about girls who call themselves fitness models and shill supplements, though.

I think what annoys me about Heidi the most is like, does the girl have a rainbow shining out of her ass? I swear to god, everything is a perfect 100-watt smile, immaculate eyeliner and bleach blonde curls -- not a hair out of place, the posts about donuts and cheese fries (when it's clear she rarely actually cheats based on those always-there abs). Maybe it's my insecurity speaking, but she is just completely unrelatable to me, and I don't like the idea of fitness being portrayed as perfection. Say what you will about Nikki, but we've seen her no-makeup, her hair with grown out roots, in emotional times, struggling during working out, etc.

Spodokomodo
Learner
Learner

Post by Spodokomodo »

kalyn357 wrote:There's something about her that I just can't get in to. I love her back story and she seems really nice but whenever I watch one of her videos I never feel the need to keep watching.
Same. I like watching her workouts for ideas but I can't listen to her talk. To me she comes across as fake. She tries too hard to seem nice and have this squeaky clean image. Boring.

And yeah I really wanna know what happened with her and Nikki!

jenna_201445
Informer
Informer

Post by jenna_201445 »

TheQueenBee wrote:
HoardganizedJen wrote:I'm so curious about what happened between her and Nikki... Casual friends don't travel to Thailand together so whatever happened, that they never mention or say hi to each other (even when in the same place), must have been pretty bad. Any speculation?
Ugh, I wish we had some way of knowing this too. Although, I guess I give them credit for not airing it publicly and making it a thing on social media (*cough* Yami/Robin/Emily). I like to think that Nikki is shading Heidi when she says things about girls who call themselves fitness models and shill supplements, though.

I think what annoys me about Heidi the most is like, does the girl have a rainbow shining out of her ass? I swear to god, everything is a perfect 100-watt smile, immaculate eyeliner and bleach blonde curls -- not a hair out of place, the posts about donuts and cheese fries (when it's clear she rarely actually cheats based on those always-there abs). Maybe it's my insecurity speaking, but she is just completely unrelatable to me, and I don't like the idea of fitness being portrayed as perfection. Say what you will about Nikki, but we've seen her no-makeup, her hair with grown out roots, in emotional times, struggling during working out, etc.
She has eaten junk food in her vlogs before. Funny how people have different opinions on the same thing. You hate her because she doesn't post about emotional times and things of that nature. I love her because she's peppy.

palo
Learner
Learner

Post by palo »

I like watching her videos in small doses. The thing that annoys me the most about her is that a lot of her "funny" moments are so staged, especially between her and Josh.

TheQueenBee
Informer
Informer

Post by TheQueenBee »

jenna_201445 wrote:
TheQueenBee wrote:

She has eaten junk food in her vlogs before. Funny how people have different opinions on the same thing. You hate her because she doesn't post about emotional times and things of that nature. I love her because she's peppy.
Just to clarify, I don't hate her by any stretch, and I still watch her occasionally, it's just that she isn't relatable to me: I sort of get the impression that she never struggles with maintaining her physique, or any of that. If she truly doesn't, then that's just not something I can relate to. If she does and doesn't show it, then I don't like how she only shows the 'highs'. And I like an upbeat attitude also, but I also think balance is important and actually more interesting to watch. :)

Like I said though, I don't watch her as frequently as I previously have. Mostly just skip to workout footage now.

Jerseybitch
Informer
Informer

Post by Jerseybitch »

Does anyone else think she lies about what she eats or the amount of cardio she does?

Sheabutter
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Sheabutter »

I find her videos to be somewhat boring. I don't watch them all but the ones I do I watch until the end. I like her personality though. To be honest I kind of appreciate that she doesn't air all of her personal life. Once you do, you open yourself up to criticism.

yankydoo
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by yankydoo »

I like her too. I like she is positive and enjoy the mix of the vlog and workout in her videos. i do think she doesn't eat as much as she makes out as she is soooo shredded all the time!

TheQueenBee
Informer
Informer

Post by TheQueenBee »

This isn't really Heidi specific, but another thing that annoys me is the IG captions that say 'drinking my ___ supplements to say hydrated, etc!'. Like I know they all do it because they're sponsored, but I can't take them seriously at all! Or the really obvious photos or videos where they're chugging back some workout drink as if it's the nectar of the gods, the liquid of leanness. But maybe I'd do it too for some cash, ha.

ALSO, the constant shout outs to the same few other fitness people. For awhile there, that LaurenDrain chick, Heidi, and Jen Heward were posting each other every other day.

happyday
Lurker
Lurker

Post by happyday »

I have a love/dislike relationship with this girl - I think she's funny, her videos are informative and I like her positive energy, because I myself am happy 99% time and I hate being around whiny people. But I don't like her trying to look perfect all the time, eyeshadow to gym and outfit matching hats (that's not just her, I don't understand this fashion in general) to gym is a bit too much, but then again, her name is buffBUNNY and if I was to, say, work in a TV, I would probably wear makeup on a camera and not off camera... on the other hand, that's why people watch youtube, to relate to real humans and not watch staged situation on tv.

BTW, in her Q&A from maybe a month ago she was talking about how she build her career and following on her own and wasn't introduced to social media fitness industry by anyone. As far as I know, Nikki is the only person introduced by someone to all this.

sigma3zl
Talker
Talker

Post by sigma3zl »

I can't identify with Heidi. The white blonde hair, fake eyelashes and makeup in the gym is totally un-relatable.

One thing I do like about her however is that her workouts are more diverse. Yes, its clear she's a bikini competitor but generally she's well-rounded in her approach to lifting and working out. I do think she lies about the amount of cardio she does.

I never follow any of these FitTubers for food advice though. So many of them display attributes of disfunctional eating. Heidi is so calculated with what she posts in terms of food that I can only take it with a grain of salt because she isn't any different than the rest of them.

I dont even go here
Talker
Talker

Post by I dont even go here »

HoardganizedJen wrote:
happyday wrote:I have a love/dislike relationship with this girl - I think she's funny, her videos are informative and I like her positive energy, because I myself am happy 99% time and I hate being around whiny people. But I don't like her trying to look perfect all the time, eyeshadow to gym and outfit matching hats (that's not just her, I don't understand this fashion in general) to gym is a bit too much, but then again, her name is buffBUNNY and if I was to, say, work in a TV, I would probably wear makeup on a camera and not off camera... on the other hand, that's why people watch youtube, to relate to real humans and not watch staged situation on tv.

BTW, in her Q&A from maybe a month ago she was talking about how she build her career and following on her own and wasn't introduced to social media fitness industry by anyone. As far as I know, Nikki is the only person introduced by someone to all this.
If she could build a following on her own, she wouldn't be doing shoutouts for shoutouts every other day. Also, Nikki might have been introduced to it by Christian but she was the first one in that world. She still had to somewhat build up that niche on her own and judging by the number of girls that try to be exactly like her to this day, she was successful haha.
Also if you back far enough in Nikki's channel, she actually DOES do a shoutout or two in her videos with Heidi. So bullpoop on doing it on her own, she played the same game they all do.

jpopfan10
Learner
Learner

Post by jpopfan10 »

Just curious - why would someone lie about how much cardio they do?

I dont even go here
Talker
Talker

Post by I dont even go here »

jpopfan10 wrote:Just curious - why would someone lie about how much cardio they do?
Because she's not a regular fitspo chick, she's a "cool" fitspo chick!

Jerseybitch
Informer
Informer

Post by Jerseybitch »

^^^^^yeah! The whole I eat all of the donuts and don't do any cardio spiel gets old pretty quick. Its like they try to hard to be relatable and it comes across as not being genuine. That being said, I only watch her workouts. I find with these fitness girls I just skip everything else nowadays :(

happyday
Lurker
Lurker

Post by happyday »

HoardganizedJen wrote:If she could build a following on her own, she wouldn't be doing shoutouts for shoutouts every other day. Also, Nikki might have been introduced to it by Christian but she was the first one in that world. She still had to somewhat build up that niche on her own and judging by the number of girls that try to be exactly like her to this day, she was successful haha.
I agree, she did say in another video about building her following that shoutouts are a good idea, I think she meant that at the beginning no one helped her, but when people (usually CG fans) say that Nikki wouldn't be successful without him... :roll: ...so many people get shout out from big youtubers, but if you dont like them, you dont subscribe. On unrelated topic, Zoella was introduced to Youtube by Louise, and no one questions if she would be as successful on youtube as she is without Louise.
dont even go here wrote:Also if you back far enough in Nikki's channel, she actually DOES do a shoutout or two in her videos with Heidi. So bullpoop on doing it on her own, she played the same game they all do.
I had no idea!

Back to Heidi, is she still friends with Jen Heward (who needs her own section too if you ask me :D )?

Also, since this is new, I thought I would throw it in here...? This is Heidi's IG video about how to do this exercise without men staring at your butt at gym and her response to some guy addressing the obvious:

happyday
Lurker
Lurker

Post by happyday »

HoardganizedJen wrote:Ok I think this might work?

thank you for fixing it :)

Return to “Heidi Somers - Archived Threads”