AndreasChoice General Thread Part 1

Aelegent
Gossiper
Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: AndreasChoice General Thread Part 1

Post by Aelegent »

not sure why people expect a 28(?) year old to have the skin of a prepubescent girl and then freak out when she does what anyone else here would do and hide her imperfections. Sorry but some of the crap i see being said in some of these subforums are simply mindblowing. Tomorrow it'll be HOLY SH*T SHE BREATHES AIR LIKE EVERYONE ELSE.

mameha
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by mameha »

ROFL, I think you may be reading into my posts a tad much.

Like I demonstrated in this thread: http://gurugossiper.com/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=6932

Andrea's filming MO has always been to give her the appearance of having porcelain skin. In her latest video, she's not afraid to film in less than flattering light. That's not a bad thing, it's just a departure from her usual.

Sorry if that blows your mind.

Aelegent
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Aelegent »

how did i even show anything posted here "blew my mind"? if anything people's minds are blown when they see these guru's don;t have great skin and are pretty much like everyone else. If anything your mind was blown that when she scrunched her face you can see more than you expected. Again, she's close to her 30's it shouldn't shock anyone that someone (especially one with tanning bed history) would have less than perfect skin.

I agree the lighting trick, etc etc make people look better but that should be expected and not new to anyone

lotus
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by lotus »

So you're telling me Andrea is 28!!???!!!

Aelegent
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Aelegent »

i'm pretty sure she's said she's over the age of 25 in an earlier video..i'd say circa 2011.

BTW my "mindblown" comment was towards how utterly petty some of the things being said are. I wasn't "mindblown" at the obvious crap we knew, like about flattering lighting, angles, editing...

edit: my bad, she's 24. but still. you guys shouldn't be acting like she's supposed to have the skin of a baby. Don't forget she used to use tanning beds in the past.

mameha
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by mameha »

I'll spell it out for you since you're determined to be offended: I was not insinuating Andrea has bad skin. Every human being possesses pores in their face. That would be like me attempting to insult someone for having a nasal cavity.

I pointed out that screenshot because it's out of the norm for beauty gurus to show skin texture. If anything, it does a service to her subscribers to show that she has human characteristics and isn't built like an airbrushed department store ad.

If you don't want to be misinterpreted, work on being specific on what you're actually commenting on. You're flipping out over the screenshot of Andrea's pores, well no shit I'm going to think that 'mindblown' comment was directed at that. And do yourself a favor and work on those reading comprehension skills too.

Aelegent
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Aelegent »

how am i offended lol. I'm saying she DOES have bad skin (or not perfect, bad might be stretching it), but she does what everyone else does to make it look better without resorting to aftereffects.

I didn't flip out over her showing her pores. I pointed out she scrunched her face and it'll obviously show more of her pores and whatever imperfections she has because hell, she doesn't have perfect skin and we should expect it.

Most people coming to this forum already know these gurus use what they can to make themselves look better, i'm simply saying it's nothing new.

YOU misinterpreted my post if anything. Do yourself a favour and get off your high horse lol

Shiro
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Shiro »

@Aelegent : It wasn't mameha who misinterpreted your posts- you do sound like you had an issue with her OP. You've changed your tune since your first post but if you re-read what you originally wrote... you sound like you had a major problem with what she pointed out..

Aelegent
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Aelegent »

well, i didn't lol

again, my post was taken the wrong way if that's how you read it :s

peachesnoranges
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by peachesnoranges »

You are clearly overreacting and contradicting yourself. If you want to make a point, be consistent and don't back track your statements because you just look like a fool. MAMEHA simply posted a picture showing the real deal (Andrea's face up close). The majority of us have never seen what her skin truly looks like since in pictures they're either far away or there are filters. Same with the majority of the videos. It seems like you cannot seem to grasp onto simple statements. No one said her skin was bad after that picture was posted but you assumed that (or can't read properly) and went ballistic.

First you say some of these subforums are 'mind blowing'. Then you say nothing here 'blew your mind'. And then you go on to support your first statement but it doesn't support the second one so you just make yourself look confused.
Aelegent wrote:Sorry but some of the crap i see being said in some of these subforums are simply mindblowing.
Aelegent wrote:how did i even show anything posted here "blew my mind"?
Aelegent wrote:BTW my "mindblown" comment was towards how utterly petty some of the things being said are.

Jeannie
Lurker
Lurker

Post by Jeannie »

Guys! Let's just agree:
a) Andrea doesn't have perfect skin.
b) Neither does anyone else who isn't prepubescent.
c) It's different seeing her like that, and that's totally fine with all of us!

Yes?
:love2:

Nana
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by Nana »

What's with all the videos she's uploading? She almost dissapeared for a few months and now she's uploading a lot! Does she does that regulary or is she just running out of money?

peachesnoranges
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

YunaOosaki wrote:What's with all the videos she's uploading? She almost dissapeared for a few months and now she's uploading a lot! Does she does that regulary or is she just running out of money?
LOL I think it's the money. She use to post like once a month. Now it's every other day.

Grayditch
Talker
Talker

Re: Her Cosmetic Surgeries

Post by Grayditch »

Daysofsummer wrote:found a better picture from Jan 08 2013

I guess if there was any nose reduction there would be indications in these pictures
She's still pretty here, but daaamn she looks way way way better in her videos ! There is a huge difference between reality and videos ...

- Moon of my life.
- My sun and stars.
<3

mameha
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by mameha »

^Totally agreed, it's the $. That would also explain why she retweets and reblogs like crazy the fan posts when there's a new upload.

SHOCKER60
Learner
Learner

Brittany's occupation

Post by SHOCKER60 »

Ahem...what do that mysterious beauty do for a living?

vodka0nrocks
Learner
Learner

Post by vodka0nrocks »

Aelegent wrote:i'm pretty sure she's said she's over the age of 25 in an earlier video..i'd say circa 2011.

BTW my "mindblown" comment was towards how utterly petty some of the things being said are. I wasn't "mindblown" at the obvious crap we knew, like about flattering lighting, angles, editing...

edit: my bad, she's 24. but still. you guys shouldn't be acting like she's supposed to have the skin of a baby. Don't forget she used to use tanning beds in the past.

Nooo babe, i'm pretty she's 27.

Daysofsummer
Learner
Learner

Post by Daysofsummer »

^nope she's 26. Her bday is September 4, 1986 so she's gonna be 27 in about a month.

source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Andrea_D._Brooks ( it says 1989 on there but, that's wrong. She was born in 1986 )

Fat Shark
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Re: Her Cosmetic Surgeries

Post by Fat Shark »

I used to watch her videos about 2 years ago. I wasn't subbed long. Her personality and her voice got on my nerves, but I remember at the time thinking how gorgeous she was. Then I check back on her a year or so later and found she looked like a completely different person.
Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.

peachesnoranges
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Gurus are notorious for lying about their age.

Return to “AndreasChoice”