FirmeenLifeGuru/Tati Whinebrook - Part 9

lippies79
Talker
Talker
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

FirmeenLifeGuru/Tati Whinebrook - Part 9

Post by lippies79 »

Made a new thread since the other one was getting so long, hope that's OK!

DoneAndOne
Learner
Learner

Re: FirmeenLifeGuru/Tati Whinebrook - Part 9

Post by DoneAndOne »

scared skinner wrote:All I can think of when Tati smiles is how much she looks like Alfred E. Neuman
Damn she really does :rofl:

Also, bless her for saying "firmeen" in the latest video. I'll never be able to get that word out of my head...

onionface
Informer
Informer

Post by onionface »

DoneAndOne wrote:
scared skinner wrote:All I can think of when Tati smiles is how much she looks like Alfred E. Neuman
Wow, that is right on the money! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

vancitychick
Learner
Learner

Post by vancitychick »

this title is perfect

Chemical_Smell
Talker
Talker

Post by Chemical_Smell »

Today's WTF is truly princess Tati at her best.

I get it was requested, but really, this is what she comes up with? Mediocre look at best, cakey skin even with $1500 worth of base products (you can see it when she's applying her eyeshadow; camera smoothing filter not working its best in certain positions?), apologizing for using a cheap eyeshadow brush (mac), wetting her brush with $100 skin care mist, smearing Tom Ford highligter on her shoulders,...

Makes me think the 'WTF' in the name of the series is not referring to the product itself, but to Tati's conduct. :roll:

btw, thanks for the new thread! :tu:

Mimikyu
Learner
Learner

Post by Mimikyu »

If you ask me, her eyes could've been nice but ended up kinda... eh. The eyeshadow kinda looked almost blotchy? Idk, just there seemed to be some product that looked really unblended in certain areas and the pigments were so uneven It bothered me. Like, not in a 'well some things just work that way' sense, more of a 'Either didn't look at the other eye when doing the other one, or couldn't be fcked fixing it'

And then the liner... Is this just due to the way her eyes crinkle or what?

trixxystarr
Talker
Talker

Post by trixxystarr »

loving the new title! I have been avoiding youtube this week, and getting outside before summer slips away, its so nice to not hear guru's whine for a change :tu:

wild4thenight
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by wild4thenight »

Chemical_Smell wrote:Today's WTF is truly princess Tati at her best.

I get it was requested, but really, this is what she comes up with? Mediocre look at best, cakey skin even with $1500 worth of base products (you can see it when she's applying her eyeshadow; camera smoothing filter not working its best in certain positions?), apologizing for using a cheap eyeshadow brush (mac), wetting her brush with $100 skin care mist, smearing Tom Ford highligter on her shoulders,...

Makes me think the 'WTF' in the name of the series is not referring to the product itself, but to Tati's conduct. :roll:

i was SO underwhelmed by that make up jeez. i can only guess that she made it super easy so when she does her 'drugstore' version it'll look exactly the same and her minions will be super hyped.

tinyturtle
Learner
Learner

Post by tinyturtle »

Her new video... Ugh could she be any further up Nikkie's and TooFaced's ass? Honestly, I don't mind Nikkie but this palette really didn't look that amazing. And her eye look still looks the same as always... She's so boring.

Also, cannot unhear the 'eeeen'. It's kinda ruining my life. :rofl:

LadyChatterBox
Debater
Debater

Post by LadyChatterBox »

The WTF video felt a bit like cheating tbh

The 340$ mask?
The lip balm?
3 primers, really?
Two 70$ concealers?
La Mer AND La Prairie loose powder?
2 highlighters? (not including the deodorant)
The 100$ mist to wet her brush?
The shoulder highlight (which still looks like a deodorant to me) aaaand the shimmering oil?

Most of the time, she just doubled or tripled the products for each category. I get that this is supposed to be an over-the-top-oh-my-God tutorial but she pretty much just added all the (unnecessary) duplicates in order to say WOW 3000$ at the end... :roll:

But hey, she didn't cover up her entire eye look with falsies for once :rofl:

LadyChatterBox
Debater
Debater

Post by LadyChatterBox »

Oh and one second. Now she's claiming to "do something which nobody on youtube did before: brush swatches!"...?!

WHAT?!

Give me a break. :FU:

tomatogirl07
Informer
Informer

Post by tomatogirl07 »

After she finishes showing her look she did with the Nikki palette, she looks at the camera and poses omg IM DONE. SOMEone teach this woman to smile or pose or something. Its at 7:23 in the video, I'm on a computer and cant post a screenshot. The look she did is the exact same as all her others just blue. Again she also has to do her stupid crossover editing where she speaks and insterts clips, that dont match up and she barely shows the actual swatchers, I don't find her helpful in the least. She makes excuses for shades that don't work just like her kylie video. It blows my mind how so many people kiss her ass and say she is the only person they trust for reviews.

vancitychick
Learner
Learner

Post by vancitychick »

Mimikyu wrote:If you ask me, her eyes could've been nice but ended up kinda... eh. The eyeshadow kinda looked almost blotchy? Idk, just there seemed to be some product that looked really unblended in certain areas and the pigments were so uneven It bothered me. Like, not in a 'well some things just work that way' sense, more of a 'Either didn't look at the other eye when doing the other one, or couldn't be fcked fixing it'

And then the liner... Is this just due to the way her eyes crinkle or what?
her eye makeup was horrendous, I couldn't believe someone who thinks they're a makeup guru could actually post a video with her makeup looking like that

Chemical_Smell
Talker
Talker

Post by Chemical_Smell »

wild4thenight wrote:
Chemical_Smell wrote:Today's WTF is truly princess Tati at her best.

i was SO underwhelmed by that make up jeez. i can only guess that she made it super easy so when she does her 'drugstore' version it'll look exactly the same and her minions will be super hyped.
One of the appeals of high end make-up is the colors/formulas/finishes you simply cannot find at the drug store. Yet she opts to choose basic browns (and brushes that are too big for her lid space, which inadvertently makes her eyelook muddy) that everyone owns multiples of in pretty much every palette ever. Well, I guess exciteen colors are nowhere to be found when it comes to boring Tom Ford quads that contain bone color which does not show up in the slightest. So you might just be right!

"Yooou guuuys, it's not worth the money!"

Well then, why don't you return it?

FFL
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by FFL »

tomatogirl07 wrote:After she finishes showing her look she did with the Nikki palette, she looks at the camera and poses omg IM DONE. SOMEone teach this woman to smile or pose or something. Its at 7:23 in the video
I also thought she looked super old when she did that posing. I paused it and thought, "There's just no way she's in her lower 30s." Before I watched her, I wouldn't even click on her videos because I didn't think I could relate to her because I thought she was in her 40s.

Lots of shout outs to GG in her Nikki palette video - Brush swatches, saying she wears the same makeup all the time, then saying when she tries different things she looks like a "mom that's trying too hard".

She didn't make the palette look very great, despite raving about it. She dragged her finger hard over her skin and the swatches were still mediocre, and you could tell with the brush swatches especially that they weren't that pigmented. She made so many excuses, especially for that black - it's a "functional" black because it's buildable. I.E., it's not that pigmented.

FFL
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by FFL »

tomatogirl07 wrote:After she finishes showing her look she did with the Nikki palette, she looks at the camera and poses omg IM DONE. SOMEone teach this woman to smile or pose or something. Its at 7:23 in the video
I also thought she looked super old when she did that posing. I paused it and thought, "There's just no way she's in her lower 30s." Before I watched her, I wouldn't even click on her videos because I didn't think I could relate to her because I thought she was in her 40s.

Lots of shout outs to GG in her Nikki palette video - Brush swatches, saying she wears the same makeup all the time, then saying when she tries different things she looks like a "mom that's trying too hard".

She didn't make the palette look very great, despite raving about it. She dragged her finger hard over her skin and the swatches were still mediocre, and you could tell with the brush swatches especially that they weren't that pigmented. She made so many excuses, especially for that black - it's a "functional" black because it's buildable. I.E., it's not that pigmented.

Bambi
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by Bambi »

What kind of procedure can be done to shorten the philtrum? :rofl:
I mean, she is not ugly, but I'm curious. Lol

JacquelineMccafferty
Learner
Learner

Post by JacquelineMccafferty »

tomatogirl07 wrote:After she finishes showing her look she did with the Nikki palette, she looks at the camera and poses omg IM DONE. SOMEone teach this woman to smile or pose or something. Its at 7:23 in the video, I'm on a computer and cant post a screenshot. The look she did is the exact same as all her others just blue. Again she also has to do her stupid crossover editing where she speaks and insterts clips, that dont match up and she barely shows the actual swatchers, I don't find her helpful in the least. She makes excuses for shades that don't work just like her kylie video. It blows my mind how so many people kiss her ass and say she is the only person they trust for reviews.
I was dying at this part! She looks like she's posing for an 80's Cover Girl commercial. :rofl:

JacquelineMccafferty
Learner
Learner

Post by JacquelineMccafferty »

FFL wrote:

Tati reminds me of Zabrena, anyone watch her channel? Their both in their early thirties but come across as much older. And not because they have lots or wrinkles or anything, its just their styling and general cheesiness that makes them come across as really lame and uncool.

Everlong03
Learner
Learner

Post by Everlong03 »

tomatogirl07 wrote:After she finishes showing her look she did with the Nikki palette, she looks at the camera and poses omg IM DONE. SOMEone teach this woman to smile or pose or something. Its at 7:23 in the video, I'm on a computer and cant post a screenshot. The look she did is the exact same as all her others just blue. Again she also has to do her stupid crossover editing where she speaks and insterts clips, that dont match up and she barely shows the actual swatchers, I don't find her helpful in the least. She makes excuses for shades that don't work just like her kylie video. It blows my mind how so many people kiss her ass and say she is the only person they trust for reviews.
I seriously had to take a break from whiny Tati, she just got on my nerves with that Nurse Jamie facial roller bs, (really, Tati?) After reading all these freakin hilarious posts on firmeen, I had to go watch some. OMG! Is she serious with that "Nikki tutorials" palette? I bet we will never see that thing again! She was the moron who recommended the Too Faced Vegas Nay StarDust palette (which the eyeshadows are eerily similar to the Nikki one) and that palette was garbage. I really cannot take this chick seriously anymore. The swatches part--with finger and now the brush, I died. Could she have DUG any deeper into the shadows? They looked terrible and she even said the swatches speak for themselves. Ehh...yeah, thanks for doing this so I know NOT to buy it. I totally agree Tomatogirl07, so many think she's this fabulous makeup investigator. She's recommended such crap lately. She probably wants to do a collab with Too Faced. I personally LOVE Too Faced, but I just can't get into the palettes with a beauty guru's participation. They just seem of lesser quality, IMO.

I asked my husband how old Firmeen looked in her $3000 WTF tutorial and he said, "I don't know, early 40's". HA! Awe, Poor Tati. :rofl:
"On Twitter we get excited if someone follows us. In real life we get really scared and run away". --Unknown

Return to “glamlifeguru/Tati”