In Memory of Talia Castellano

kittykat

In Memory of Talia Castellano

Post by kittykat »

Feel free to post condolence messages here, but be respectful. This is not a place to debate or bicker or fight. The old thread has been moved to a place that's not visible to regular members. It has not been deleted, but it can't be posted on or viewed.

DisturbingRainbow
Learner
Learner
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: In Memory of Talia Castellano

Post by DisturbingRainbow »

I was really shocked when I heard the news. :(
It's just so upsetting to know people can die so young. My heart really goes out to her family. Rest in piece Talia.

whatsername_
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by whatsername_ »

We all knew this was coming. I just saw yesterday that her fans were saying 'Glad you're better!' And 'You can beat this cancer!'
When... Talia couldn't have beaten it, and that breaks my heart. We all knew it was coming, just maybe not this soon.
Comfort and hugs to her family.

Post by Guest »

I don't know if this sounds delusional of me but I really believed (or wanted to anyway) that she would pull through. I felt the same way about both my aunt and cousin before they had passed away too. I just never believe or want to believe cancer will always result to this. Rest in perfect peace Talia.

valentine
Lurker
Lurker

Post by valentine »

I'm glad her family got to see her as her normal self for a while before she passed, so upsetting that she was so young. Rest in peace Talia.

Mamasilverside
Lurker
Lurker

Post by Mamasilverside »

I do not think my song will end
While flowers, grass and trees
Abound with birds and butterflies
For I am one with these.

And I believe my voice will sound
Upon the whispering wind
So long as even one remains
Among those I call "friend."

I shall remain in hearts and minds
Of loved ones that I knew,
And in the rocks and hills and streams
Because I love those, too.

So long as love and hope and dreams
Abide in earth and sky,
Weep not for me, though I be gone.
I shall not really die.

Johnny Hathcock

I posted this in the other thread, but will repost it here. I thought of Talia when I read it recently - of her never wanting to be forgotten. I don't think she will be. My heart goes out to all who are hurting today.

fernanda
Learner
Learner

Post by fernanda »

Mamasilverside wrote:I do not think my song will end
While flowers, grass and trees
Abound with birds and butterflies
For I am one with these.

And I believe my voice will sound
Upon the whispering wind
So long as even one remains
Among those I call "friend."

I shall remain in hearts and minds
Of loved ones that I knew,
And in the rocks and hills and streams
Because I love those, too.

So long as love and hope and dreams
Abide in earth and sky,
Weep not for me, though I be gone.
I shall not really die.

Johnny Hathcock

I posted this in the other thread, but will repost it here. I thought of Talia when I read it recently - of her never wanting to be forgotten. I don't think she will be. My heart goes out to all who are hurting today.
So beautiful I'm crying. I'm praying for her family to find strenght in those difficult times, Talia now is an angel and I like to believe that she is besides God with no more pain and suffering, she is in a much better place

nikkixox
Learner
Learner

Post by nikkixox »

She was such a strong little girl. It was so amazing that she always had such positive energy even though she was going through cancer. May she rest in peace now. She was such an angel.

On a side note, I just wanted to add regarding the old threat that why does it have to take someone to pass away for some people to realize that some of the words they say are hurtful? I am all for gossip and like this website for sharing opinions but we have to remember to draw a red line between gossiping and bullying. I think we all have to remember to be respectful to others. Words do hurt.
<3

PrncssProtnPowdr
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by PrncssProtnPowdr »

This is the first that I am learning of the news, and I feel like I might cry. Such a horrible tragedy, and my thoughts go out to entire family.

maybe_its_photoshop
Debater
Debater

Post by maybe_its_photoshop »

I'm glad the old thread has been made private, I think that was a very good decision.

I posted this on the other thread but I guess I'll just restate it... Talia will be missed greatly, and my thoughts and condolences go out to her family and friends in this tough time. I know they'll make it through this.

<3
it doesn't have to be forever... just as long as i'm the name, on your tattooed heart ♥
[9.14.12]

Flaffy22
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Flaffy22 »

l0vekillsslowly wrote:I don't know if this sounds delusional of me but I really believed (or wanted to anyway) that she would pull through. I felt the same way about both my aunt and cousin before they had passed away too. I just never believe or want to believe cancer will always result to this. Rest in perfect peace Talia.
Honestly, sometime back on the 5th or 6th of July when AFT had posted a message that she was "transitioning" I was prepared for her to die that night or the next day. But when it was reported a few days later that she was awake and doing "okay" (given the circumstances) I thought that maybe she could stick around for a couple months. When I heard that she had died today I was honestly shocked! I mean I expected it a week or two ago but for some reason I thought she wasn't going to pass for another little while.. which caught me totally off guard somehow. It's still a shock.
''Oh Hai Mark''

"O'at for a rip are ya' baud?"

Mamasilverside
Lurker
Lurker

Post by Mamasilverside »

Flaffy22 wrote:
l0vekillsslowly wrote:I don't know if this sounds delusional of me but I really believed (or wanted to anyway) that she would pull through. I felt the same way about both my aunt and cousin before they had passed away too. I just never believe or want to believe cancer will always result to this. Rest in perfect peace Talia.
Honestly, sometime back on the 5th or 6th of July when AFT had posted a message that she was "transitioning" I was prepared for her to die that night or the next day. But when it was reported a few days later that she was awake and doing "okay" (given the circumstances) I thought that maybe she could stick around for a couple months. When I heard that she had died today I was honestly shocked! I mean I expected it a week or two ago but for some reason I thought she wasn't going to pass for another little while.. which caught me totally off guard somehow. It's still a shock.
What you said reminds me of a quote in Buffy, when Tara discusses knowing her mother was dying, but it was still 'sudden'. It really resonated with me at the time, having been through a close family member's death after a life long terminal illness. I got so used to knowing he was 'dying' I forgot he would actually die. I feel a similar sense of bewilderment today.

Though many will no doubt move on and forget to remember Talia, I think there will always be a special place in a lot of people's hearts for her, having felt like they were part of her life, however small. Hopefully her family will take great comfort in that.

kittykat

Post by kittykat »

Her mom and sister are going to be on the Today Show tomorrow if anyone is interested.

BomBi
Debater
Debater

Post by BomBi »

I have no words to describe how I feel, and I am sure her family feels 1000000000% worse than I do, I never knew her, never followed her, but nobody deserves to die this way, especially being this young, if there is an afterlife I just hope and pray She is happy there, teaching other angels how to put make up on. She will always be remembered.

Baby girl god took you early for a reason, maybe He needed an extra angel, but now that you are there I am sure you are happy, just remember that we all be seeing u soon.

R.I.P babygirl.

meganelizabeth19
Lurker
Lurker

Post by meganelizabeth19 »

R.I.P. Talia. You were a beautiful and strong young lady andYou will be missed.
Fly High beautiful angel. :love2:

Ellamenapee123
Learner
Learner

Post by Ellamenapee123 »

I honestly though that she was going to pull through. I know, it's stupid but I was just trying to be hopeful I guess. I was talking about it with my mom (who is a nurse) and said that people "acting/feeling better" is very common and she likes to believe it's like a little gift for the person's family before they have to say good-bye. R.I.P Babe <3

Bish
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Bish »

Ellamenapee123 wrote:I honestly though that she was going to pull through. I know, it's stupid but I was just trying to be hopeful I guess. I was talking about it with my mom (who is a nurse) and said that people "acting/feeling better" is very common and she likes to believe it's like a little gift for the person's family before they have to say good-bye. R.I.P Babe <3
I believe this is true and have seen it first hand with my own family members. There's always a day or 2 where it seems like they are coming back and then they pass. Talia seemed to hold on for a whole other week which I'm sure was nice for her family. It also can be frustrating because it's a glimmer of hope on what's basically a waiting game. Your mom has a nice outlook on it!

Talia was absolutely beautiful and had a wonderful spirit. She seem to have touched a lot of people and made some young people look at life differently. She will be missed.

Flaffy22
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Flaffy22 »

It's just such a shock that she died today. When I logged in earlier today to GG and started reading the now deleted Talia thread and I saw all the "RIP" comments I couldn't believe that what I was reading was really true.

Talia never deserved death. Even though I didn't care for her personality she was none the less still a precious young girl that never deserved to be ripped away from this world so young. Her poor Mother.. she now has to bury her own baby, I can't imagine how she feels.
''Oh Hai Mark''

"O'at for a rip are ya' baud?"

paj0800
Learner
Learner

Post by paj0800 »

Ellamenapee123 wrote:I honestly though that she was going to pull through. I know, it's stupid but I was just trying to be hopeful I guess. I was talking about it with my mom (who is a nurse) and said that people "acting/feeling better" is very common and she likes to believe it's like a little gift for the person's family before they have to say good-bye. R.I.P Babe <3
That's a really nice way to put it. Something similar happened to my grandmother, too. It's a great time to reflect on the memories and possibly feel some closure before the loved one passes away.

My religious views (or lack thereof) seemingly contradict 99% of Talia's fanbase, however I am tremendously glad she is no longer suffering on a daily basis, and my thoughts are with her family to whom I wish nothing more than the strength they need to pull through this.

blameitonthealtitude
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by blameitonthealtitude »

I'm very sad for her family. I really feel that they unintentionally made their updates too optimistic somehow, though - a facebook friend posted a photo of Talia saying 'RIP' and a friend of hers (who I had not met) posted "OMG! But she was doing so well!!!! :(" And to me that is one of the hardest things about this situation - I get the vibe that a lot of her fans/subscribers (especially the younger ones) truly thought that she was getting better.

Return to “taliajoy18”