Pro Longwear Paint Pot?

Beckerry
Lurker
Lurker
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Pro Longwear Paint Pot?

Post by Beckerry »

I'm getting really close to running out of my NARS eyeshadow primer and really wanted to dry a different sort of primer, I know that these paint pots aren't specifically for priming but I was thinking of getting painterly and trying it out.

Has anybody used it on its own or as a primer?

I have fairly oily eyelids so would be great if someone with the same thing could tell me their experience ^^

blondie19
Informer
Informer

Re: Pro Longwear Paint Pot?

Post by blondie19 »

I love my paint pot It's what I use as an eye shadow base and it works wonderfully. I always have painterly.

johannavandervorst
Lurker
Lurker

Post by johannavandervorst »

I also have painterly and I absolutely love it. I usually just use it on it's own with a liquid liner and it just makes it go on smoother and it makes my eyelids look more flawless. I've never used eyeshadows without this paintpot so I can't really compare it to anything, but so far so good, I guess! I've using it for over 1,5 years and it's still just as creamy :D it is sooo worth it in my opinion! oh and my eyelids are on the oily side, not extremely though.

ChrisLittleVlogs
Lurker
Lurker

Post by ChrisLittleVlogs »

Yeah the paint pots are amazing, you can use it alone or with eyeshadow on top and if you use it with eyeshadow on top the colours pop and look amazing. But if your wanting to use it alone I would suggest thinking about what skin tone you are because if you are yellow under toned, I suggest using Soft Ochre as that has more of a yellowy tone, but if your more pink under toned, I suggest using Painterly as that is more pink toned.

Hope this helped :)

lalaland
Learner
Learner

Post by lalaland »

YES, they are the best! if you want to use it as a primer try bare study, rubenesque, soft orche, or painterly depending on what eyeshadows you're using

OutWithIt
Informer
Informer

Post by OutWithIt »

I own both Painterly and Soft Ochre, both are great. Painterly is more pink and SO is brighter and more yellow. I mostly reach for Painterly the most. I have oily eyelids too and what has worked for me is making sure my eyelids are dry and free of oil before I start applying anything. I will take a tissue or some toilet paper and wipe off any oil or moisture on my lids before I go in with a primer or base. Most concealers budge on me, so that's a no-go. If I am really worried that I may have a creasing issue, I will use UD primer potion first and then apply my painterly. That's probably overkill haha but better safe than sorry. After Painterly, I will dust a flesh toned eyeshadow over Painterly to set it, like Blanc Type eyeshadow. After that, nothing moves on me and I got top heavy lids which can breakdown and get oily. Only issue I have with Painterly is that I wish it was lighter than it is, other than that it is great. :tu:

ykylmxoxo
Talker
Talker

Post by ykylmxoxo »

Do people prefer painterly to SO? Or SO over all the colors? Just ordered my first pot of SO for a wedding, so hopefully it isn't too yellow for me

Return to “MAC”